• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: Agility?

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

Smile Agility?

I read something and it kinda gave me the idea that Lucid Dream could help you be more Agile in the Waking World (If you do lots of Agiled stuff in your LDs) I didn't think it made sense at the beggening but now... I don't know, it may be true 'cause in your dream, you learn the movements you have to do to achieve the 'move' and you gain confidence and all so maybe you could do a back flip in real life after a lot of training in dreams and little in the Real World... What do you guys think of this?
      OOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO
      "He was unrespectful to the Dream Pirate"
      said the seal after beating up my brother

RESPECT THE DREAM PIRATE or the sea animals will get you! ARG! ARG! ARG!

Goals [ ]Jump on a trempoline with an elephant [ ]Meet Dream Pirate and give him a gift
      [ ]Shapeshift [ ]Spy on a DC [x]Fly

I think it could help you overcome fears, but now learn how to backflip. Because most likely you'd be able to backflip every time in a dream just because you say your going to do it. Unlike real world where you have gravity, balance, and other things to keep in mind.
      Goals: [] Dance in the street to the Pepsi Song | [] Run in slow motion to Chariots of Fire
      DILD: 1
      WILD: -

Ehh..Well..Uhm...HUGS!
      Netherlands
      Well, in theory it's possible.
      I think you should know how you perform a backflip first, or you might end up doing perfect backflips in your dreams, only to break your neck and die in real life.
      http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/ablativus/spidermansig2.png

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Yeah, I know. I didn't mean that if you can do a back flip in a dream you will be perfect in real life, just better, that's my point. Can it help us improve our agility,
      OOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO
      "He was unrespectful to the Dream Pirate"
      said the seal after beating up my brother

RESPECT THE DREAM PIRATE or the sea animals will get you! ARG! ARG! ARG!

Goals [ ]Jump on a trempoline with an elephant [ ]Meet Dream Pirate and give him a gift
      [ ]Shapeshift [ ]Spy on a DC [x]Fly

Banned
      I am pretty sure that this is not how it works. In this case, because gravity would be different in a dream than in RL, so you may in effect be training yourself to jump improperly.

Anyway,

http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=64838

Ehh..Well..Uhm...HUGS!
      Netherlands
      Certainly it can help your agility. People have reported that you can fine-tune motoric skills in your dreams. Your brain acts as if the dream were real, so it still fires signals to move the muscles (this is blocked).
      To fire a signal, some form of neuro-connection must be followed. The more you follow this connection, the stronger it becomes, the easier it becomes to fire that signal.
      http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/ablativus/spidermansig2.png

LD Count
      Hundreds
      Australia
      DJ Entries
      There was a test that was conducted on olympic athleiths many years ago where doctors would attach electrodes to the subjects skin, lets say their legs, and get them to run over and over their sport.

The electrodes found that the brain was sending signals to the legs even though the legs were not actually moving and in turn strgenthing the neural pathways for that particualar event.

In one case a down hill skier slashed off 4 seconds off his best time by consently running through the movements and track.

So yes it is possible, your brain learns how to move and strengths the pathways required weather you are awake or asleep.

Good luck

Introspective Exploration Neville J's Avatar
      it's something like a F1 driver visualizing the track many times over, improves his driving skill. In LD's you are doing more than visualizing. But on the other side, your muscles won't grow if you lift buildings in lds.
      Lucid Dream Journal
      So many of our problems persist because we see them in only one way and keep beating our head against the same wall

LD Count
      Hundreds
      Australia
      DJ Entries
      no but the connections would so that when you did it irl you would bulk quicker, well in principle

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Neville J View Post
      it's something like a F1 driver visualizing the track many times over, improves his driving skill. In LD's you are doing more than visualizing. But on the other side, your muscles won't grow if you lift buildings in lds.
      Hah, I wish. I had a dream once that I was doing overhead presses with like 300 lbs and it was ridiculously easy. I was like, "Man he was right, if you don't work out for a couple of weeks you do get stronger!" At least my form improved