• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Oklahoma City

Solution to recall problems

This is very valuable information to EVERYONE, so here goes...

I've always had problems recalling my dreams, and thinking clearly, so I decided there has to be a hard reason for this. I used my brain...what was left of it at the time...and boom, an idea! Vitamins and minerals!

You are most likely not recalling because your brain is lacking nourishment of vitamins and minerals for it to function to it's full potential. Think about the foods the average person eats on a daily basis. One word. Lacking. We have to go back to the saying, you are what you eat. It boils down to most health problems we have today. Magnesium, for example, is lacking in many diets, and the "doctors" call this ADD/ADHD. Not being able to concentrate/think clearly is surely a side effect for low fuel(V & M) in the brain. Think of when a car sputters and shuts down when it is low on gasoline. Essentially that's what happens. So, a solution.

I recommend at bare minimum, taking a good multivitamin, AND a good multi-mineral. If you can't get all of your nutrients from food, which you probably won't, then you should invest in this very basic idea that WORKS.

I take a liquid multivitamin called Glacial Milk. It's probably one of the best out there @ 25 bucks for a month supply. Liquid is the way to go IMHO because it is more easily absorbed in the body. I never thought, after taking vitamins and minerals for only a month, that I would ever feel this good.

Dream recall is very well, and has been since taking this, and thought I would share the info to everyone. I'm not trying to promote a product, but an idea of Vitamins and Minerals. You will be able to tell the difference! With all of the "miracle aids" out there, sometimes you just have to forget them,(no pun intended) and start with a solid foundation, or the basics. Thanks for your time Dreamviews!
      LD's: ~35++
      WILD's: 5

I eat "Total" cereal...Has a alot of Vitamins and minerals, 100% vitamin b6 etc.
      I am sure a multi-vitamin has other healthy benefits as well..But a good Diet is not only paramount for a Healthy living but also dreams, probably. So put down the damn Big Mac's!!! I'm guilty as well.

LD Count
      Australia
      Thanks for sharing what you know.

now in Australia with family for Christmas.
      Hi Wattage i have a tip for you....and it wont cost you $ it costs 10 minutes or more of your time.....give it a try it might not work for you, like it works for me, but if it does it will save you $$$$$..but its worth a try

I don't take any vits etc etc just a good diet of meat n veg all the vits are in that, and try to relax, and i can recall dreams from 18 hours ago.... trouble is in this day and age is too much stress, thats why our brains don't work as they should....anyway give it a try nothing to loose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGXGc...eature=related

all the best...LET US KNOW IF IT HELPS
      J

PS theta binaural are good to relax to before you sleep i find it sets you up ready to enter SP have a read up on it like LDing its very interesting
      Last edited by big dreams; 12-09-2009 at 01:22 AM.
      The Only Place Where You Can Deify Time,Physics,And Space...
      In Your Dreams..A Place Where All Things Are Possible

Oklahoma City
      Hi Wattage i have a tip for you....and it wont cost you $ it costs 10 minutes or more of your time.....give it a try it might not work for you, like it works for me, but if it does it will save you $$$$$..but its worth a try

I don't take any vits etc etc just a good diet of meat n veg all the vits are in that, and try to relax, and i can recall dreams from 18 hours ago.... trouble is in this day and age is too much stress, thats why our brains don't work as they should....anyway give it a try nothing to loose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGXGc...eature=related

all the best...LET US KNOW IF IT HELPS
      J

PS theta binaural are good to relax to before you sleep i find it sets you up ready to enter SP have a read up on it like LDing its very interesting
      I agree very much with the good diet. It's very important. However, if you are relying on food alone, I would recommend organic foods. They haven't been mass produced to where they essentially are the crop, but missing all the nutrients. That's why I do think this minimal supplementation will go a long way. Food today just isn't what it use to be. It's lacking. Think about all the food we have to produce to support the over 6 billion people on the planet. Something has to give.

Binaural beats are very positive for your lucid dreaming experience and relaxation. I definitely am familiar with these things, but it's been a while. Thanks for refocusing my mind, and I will look into the binaural beats once more! Cheers!

now in Australia with family for Christmas.
      Hi Wattage your right..... foods not what it used to be I don't drink tap water as it full of fluoride and this suppresses your mind ..its also in toothpaste.

I do not eat any processed foods all home made, some home grown, our meat comes from local organic farms a little more expensive but a better taste and there is no chemicals in it fact i know the local farmers so you know where its from

All the best
      The Only Place Where You Can Deify Time,Physics,And Space...
      In Your Dreams..A Place Where All Things Are Possible

Oklahoma City
      Hi Wattage your right..... foods not what it used to be I don't drink tap water as it full of fluoride and this suppresses your mind ..its also in toothpaste.

I do not eat any processed foods all home made, some home grown, our meat comes from local organic farms a little more expensive but a better taste and there is no chemicals in it fact i know the local farmers so you know where its from

All the best
      Yes, the farmers market can be your best friend!

Here's a series of videos explaining the benefits of minerals. Watch 1-10. This guy is very knowlegeable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejOBn8HXNZQ
      Last edited by Wattage; 12-11-2009 at 08:38 PM.

The i's are invisible. Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      My diet is crap. It consists of Chic-Fil-A, Pizza, and the occasional Quesadilla. Also, lots of soda.

My recall is just fine, above average even, which leads me to believe there's more to recall than simply eating right or supplementing your diet.

Oklahoma City
      My diet is crap. It consists of Chic-Fil-A, Pizza, and the occasional Quesadilla. Also, lots of soda.

My recall is just fine, above average even, which leads me to believe there's more to recall than simply eating right or supplementing your diet.
      Let's see how long that recall lasts. What you said is just not logical at all. A healthy diet is going to keep all the cells in your body functioning properly. I bet you would have an even better recall if you were eating right.

Abundant Dreamer Bizarre Jester's Avatar
      East Coast
      I wouldn't say that this is always the cause for recall problems. But you make a good point that a lot of us just don't eat right, and this affects brain function.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      UK
      Minerals and vitamins are neccesary but not sufficient for maintaining and enhancing recall.

I've taken athlete strength multivitamins, eaten an excellent diet with organic fruit and veg, and algae (superfood), drink a carton of apple juice through the night, banana, etc. Nevertheless, I'm currently having a period of poor recall, sometimes with 1-2 frags, after recalling an average of 3 detailed dreams a night.

Other factors that seem to me necessary to recall include: will; intent; motivation; a minimal level of stress; and regular quality sleep.

Recall is also something that develops from disiplined practice in DJs. But the major factor to me, from which all other factors stem, is the valuing, curiosity and wonder about our own experience as a whole. Maximise that and everything else will follow.

The question that puzzles me is why my recall is faltering at the moment.
      All the things one has forgotten scream for help in dreams. ~ Elias Canetti

Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living. ~ Anaïs Nin

Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you ~ Marsha Norman