• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

Lightbulb An idea on how to Have WILDS, but still improve recall if unsuccessful :D

Ok, i was just trying this out last night to see if it would work for a WILD technique.

First of all, i was trying this technique last night where you have a WILD by waking up but not moving, so your body thinks you are still asleep and re-paralyses you in about 5 seconds. Well unluckily, it diddnt work last night.

So what i did to try and achieve this is got LucidWeaver and I fiddled with the settings* so the alarm went off in 1 hours time, and repeated a few times just in case I missed it. Now I didn't get the result I wanted (To wake me up) but, It did make me alert a few more times in the night. I recalled a few dreams this morning, and actually came lucid for a brief moment though.
      --*LucidWeaver is a free Java app for mobile phones to aid in LD's. Look below for setup + more--
      (Well a helicopter crashed into a building over the road, I just thought it would be a good idea to RC. I became lucid, ran toward it, but for some reason, I was lifted away backwards into the sky and woke up LOL). So anyway, this improved my recall a little. Now I know this technique can be used to help induce WILDS and DILDs (technically an EILD), so ill share it with you.
      ---
      The idea for WILD's You go to sleep normally, but set the alarm a few hours after you get to sleep. Just go to sleep normally. When you wake up, DO NOT MOVE, stay still, and after a few seconds, your body thinks, "oh, maybe he/she didn't wake up" and re-paralyses in a few seconds.
      --
      The idea for DILD/EILD Go to sleep normally. The alarm should make you more alert, if not, wakes you up. You can adjust the settings for your preference,
      EG, if you want to WILD, use some louder settings to wake you up, or if you just want EILD then use a lower volume etc.
      You should notice some improved recall, and hopefully remember to do your RC's.
      ---
      How to get LucidWeaver
      1) This will work on most phones, with the exception of the iPhone. However, I think there is a similar app available for iPhone/iPod for about 99c (Alarm Clock Plus or something). Your phone needs Java support, and EITHER:-
      Internet connection
      USB cable, memory card reader, Bluetooth or any other way to directly copy files into the phone memory.

2) If you want to download directly,(free, data prices may be placed by your network) in your phones browser go to www.lucidweaver.com/mobile.
      Choose your Phone brand and follow the install instructions.
      -
      If you are using USB Cable etc, then go to Lucidweaver.com and click Free download, Choose your Phone model in the list*. A download for a .jar file will start. Copy this file to somewhere you can access on your phone.
      *If your phone isnt listed, use the 'Generic' link at the top.
      You will need to open the file on your phone and it may ask if you want to install, where to save it to etc. Just accept it all.

3) Lucidweaver is now installed. You should find it under:
      Applications
      Apps
      Games and apps
      games
      java
      etc...
      it depends on your phone.

---
      Set up Lucidweaver for use as stated above...
      1) Launch Lucidweaver
      2) Go to Options -> Settings (usually left softkey)
      3) Go to Dream Settings
      4) Choose a sound to use as alarm, and how many times it should be played. (Yes, an alarm that shuts itself up so you don't need to move. Handy for that WILD technique)
      Personally I use Three Beep, and 5 cues.
      5) Choose a Volume. If you are trying to Wake up (Wilding) then choose a high-ish volume. Consider how loud your phone actually goes before putting it on full. You don't want it blasting out and you shi**ing yourself in bed.
      6) I'm not sure what the next option does, but i think its better to have it on Lucidity Training
      7) Choose Minutes, its easier that doing dream cycles.
      8) Choose a delay (in minutes. i had mine on 60 last night, but it probably works better if more adjusted to a dream cycle (90 mins?). You can ignore the Cycle length, but just to be safe, I set it to the same as the delay.
      9)Extra repeats:
      The first option lets you choose how long to wait before playing the alarm again. I have it set to 1 min, so after ringing after 60 mins, it will ring again in 1 min, and ring every minute for the number of times you specify.
      Like I just said, the Extra Repeat option is how many times it repeats after a minute. I have 3, so every hour, the alarm rings 4 times over 4 minutes.
      10) Click save (right softkey). Then move down a bit. These are more to your own preference, but you can enable Vibration and to flash the backlight too if you like. Hit save again
      --
      You don't need to go into options again unless you want to reconfigure

Now, change the time at the top to when you want to wake up (thats just a general alarm clock), and then turn on 'Dream' (The button on the left). A purple spot should appear, and it should say 'Next dream alarm in 1 h 0 min'.
      HINT: Make sure that your phone is NOT in silent mode. Because its a java app, most phones dont let JAVA play sound if the phone is in silent, which as you can guess is a bit of a bummer.

There you go. Happy dreaming!

Banned
      Nowhere
      DJ Entries
      Waking up and not moving is a great method to use. Although I often can only achieve this when I wake up from a lucid dream, because I am aware I have just woken up. Otherwise I wake up, roll over, and think "ahh shit".
      I dunno about all these iPod apps and mobile phone applications. I'm sure they are useful, I just can't be bothered setting them up and using them all the time.

but for some reason, I was lifted away backwards into the sky and woke up
      Thats actually pretty awesome.

This is basically the CANWILD method, that someone already made. But this has good details on setting up lucid weaver i guess.

Total LD: 17

LD Count
      Montreal
      Anyone know if this will work on a PalmPre?

Cheers

This is a Dream. Do a Reality Check.

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

i dunno. Check on google if it has java support. If you still aren't sure, download the generic file, put it on your palm and see if it will open the file