• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA

Hello I'm Clairity.. just introducing myself!

Hello! My name is Clairity and though I'm new to this board, I'm not new to lucid dreaming.

I have been having LDs and going OOB since 1998. I've labeled myself as a "scholar" due to the fact that none of this comes "naturally" to me. I have to "work" for almost every experience I have.. and even then I'm not guaranteed success (i.e., I'll make 8 attempts using the WBTB method with maybe 4 sucesses).

Over the past 6+ years, I've tried most methods to attain lucidity and I'll happily share what I've learned/experienced. I've also probably acquired every video, CD, cassette tape, book, dreaming device/kit (you get the picture) that has to do with LDing and going OOB.

Unfortunately, I find that when I try a new method it works only occasionally.

As I stated, I had my first LD in 1998 and I have been hooked and pursuing them ever since. Once I had experienced lucidity and then later going OOB, sleeping (and my spirituality) have never really been the same.

My one wish since I started this journey is that I will find a method that will work for me "consistently" (my goal is a 90% success rate).

I am open to all and welcome any suggestions.

I am so very glad to be here!

Clairity

Undisclosed location
      Welcome to the Forum Clarity

It is nice to have another newbie (only by name) in the forum and someone who seems to have considerable knowledge of the topics.
      I wish I could reach 50 %. So for any advice of my own for you to reach 90 % isto point you to the Tutorialsand hope you can discover something in there or in forum discussion that will help you to achive your goal.

Half is certainly much, much better than nothing as is my and many other's case on this board.

Although I'm partially convinced it's due to our severe lack of effort...
      Tyranny comes in a uniform.

Well Clairity, what method do you currently use the most to achieve lucidity?? Do you have dream induced lucids the most, or do you have wake induced lucids?? Do you take naps often and go lucid?? the more info we can get from you during your actual lucid experiences, the more I think we can help you achieve a better percentage of lucidity. If you can WILD a lot, I think I am the man to help you, I can achieve a lucid dream using a WILD technique I would safely say at least 70-80% of the time, varying on the amount of effort I put into it, I am a very lazy and tired person.

Anyways, WELCOME TO THE BOARD, and I speak for all of us when I say that its nice to have an expiernced lucid dreamer joining us and I'm sure you will just add to the awesomeness of this board.
      "You will cease to exist!!"

*GASP* "But existing is all I practically do!!!"

Hey Clairity. Welcome to DV forum, hope you find new techniques to help achieve your 90% success rate.
      The 0ne And 0nly Craigsta

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Thanks so much to Howetzer, Berserk_Exodus, Craigsta and MonkeyElk for your posts welcoming me.

MonkeyElk, you asked what method I used to achieve lucidity. The method I've used lately is the WBTB method and I'll outline it below:

I get out of bed at 3:30 am and go to sleep on the living room couch. I find that leaving the bedroom and my husband's movement and occasional snoring is very necessary (plus it lets my subconscious know that I am serious about my intentions).

I sit on the couch, I put my earplugs in to ensure that I'm not disturbed by any "external" sounds
      and I dim the lights.

As I often go OOB when performing my lucidity method.. I hold 5 pieces of quartz in my closed hands and repeat the following protection mantra: "My mind, my body, my soul and my spirit are protected by pure white light. May only those of pure white light come near me, may only those of pure white light touch me." I then place a piece of quartz at each end of the couch and one at each side. I then hold/keep the last piece of quartz in my hand.

I then lay face up on the couch, close my eyes and, for at least five minutes, I concentrate on my third eye while repeating "I am dreaming, this is all a dream" or "I will realize that I am dreaming and I will roll out of my body"

Next I relax my eyes and my body by slowing my breathing. I mentally talk to my subconscious asking for its help with realizing when I am dreaming so that I can become lucid. I ask for help in reminding me to do reality checks and for help remaining within the dream until I wish for it to end and for help in remembering my experiences.

I continue my breathing until my mind starts to drift and I try to think/direct it to only positive thoughts. I also try to envision/daydream something tactile.. such as horseback riding.. i.e., feeling the reins in my hands, the wind on my face, my legs gripping the saddle, etc. Heck now that I type this, I think next time I'll envision myself playing jacks (throwing the jacks on the ground, tossing the ball in the air, scooping up a jack or jacks and then catching the ball).
      NOTE: You also want to say to yourself "I am dreaming.. this is all a dream" while becoming involved with the daydream.. this way hopefully you will stay alert when your body falls asleep.

If all goes well (and I don't just fall asleep), I feel a familiar "shift/falling" sensation and I wait until I feel it ONCE MORE and then I roll on my right side. I seem to fall asleep only I immediately sense that I'm dreaming and do a reality check (be it plugging my nose and seeing if I can breath or looking at my watch twice and seeing if the time changes).

If the reality checks fail, I either slip into lucid dream or roll out my body.

There are variations on the above, using either a novadreamer, a dreamspeaker, a penlight, a sound machine, a projection clock, etc but I thought I'd provide the method that you didn't have to buy gadgets to do.

This is probably waaay too long or contains too much info but it always helps me when people are as specific as possible.

Any and all comments/suggestions are welcome... just be kind.

Clairity