• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA

Have you seen your Silver Cord while OOB?

Hi all!

I have only seen my Silver Cord once. *I had just gotten "out" and the room was dimly lit. When I looked to my right, on the wall I saw my silhoutte which showed the Silver Cord attached to the BACK of my astral head. *

I was afraid to look to see what it was attached to on my physical body for fear that I would be drawn back in.. but by looking at the wall, I got the impression that it was attached to the FOREHEAD of my physical body.

I remember going out the front door and the thought crossed my mind will closing the door cut my cord?

I don't know why I just didn't float through the ceiling like I normally do but I dismissed the cut cord idea as soon as I thought it.

Has anyone else seen their Silver Cord?

Clairity

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Slidell, LA
      DJ Entries
      What is this chord you are talking about? I'm asking because I don't know but it sound really interesting.

THis is most likely the chain of life from the body to the soul. THe Spirit Chain.

If broken, the indivuals will die and turn into a ghost.

Member Achievements:
      Slidell, LA
      DJ Entries
      Um okay. I'm not sure that I'm that open minded yet, but I haven't had a LD yet either so maybe if I happen to see it I will think differently.

It makes sense though if it's the case...

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Anima Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:09 pm Post subject:
      THis is most likely the chain of life from the body to the soul. THe Spirit Chain.

If broken, the indivuals will die and turn into a ghost.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that sounds really creepy, now i'm scared

"Muldoon insisted that the astral body is joined by a silver cord which, if severed, results in instant death"
      This is from a book I'm reading called "The Lucid Dreamer" by Malcolm Godwin.... crazy stuff
      "The world we inhabit is a world we habit-in"

This starting to sound a bit dangerous, any idea on how the cord is severed?

Try a knife, and let us know how it goes.
      Wayne

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3741/zcsig8gs.jpg

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

England
      Remember kids, if somebody else said it, it must be true!

hahaha

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Originally posted by SteveSJB
      This starting to sound a bit dangerous, any idea on how the cord is severed?
      SteveSJB, the "silver cord" is like a "lifeline" for those who go oob. Your soul remains connected to your body via the silver cord.

The silver cord is even mentioned in the bible in Ecclesiates 12: 5-7

" For man goes to his eternal home, And the mourners go about the streets. *Remember your Creator before the *silver cord* is loosed, Or the golden bowl is broken, Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well. *Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it. "

From what I understand, the silver cord cannot be severed by either yourself nor by an external entity such as those found in the Astral Plane. The silver cord is severed automatically when your time in your body has reached its appointed end date determined by God.

Originally posted by SteveSJB
      any idea on how the cord is severed?
      Astral scissors!
      "The world we inhabit is a world we habit-in"

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

Astral

If there are astral scissors, then I must need an astral haircut

Except, one of you said the cord is attached to the forhead. I wouldn't trust an astral barber with my silver cord life line.

Once my mom was cutting my hair when I was a little kid, and she cut my ear. Oh the horror !!!
      "The Universe is a dream dreamed by a single dreamer where all the dream characters dream too." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Raised by Amethyst Star

My mother, who doesn't even know what an LD is let alone AP or OBE. Anyway one time she was describing a dream she had that felt real. She said she was walking through the house and she felt a strong band of what felt like elecrticity connecting herself to her body.

Silver Cord

iv read in an article that the silver cord is yr protection from other spirits and entities.

if broken, a roaming spirit can enter yr body and wake you up-

yod be stuck in the astral dimension
      ...living the dream...

Member Achievements:
      Slidell, LA
      DJ Entries
      Originally posted by Clairity

SteveSJB, the \"silver cord\" is like a \"lifeline\" for those who go oob. Your soul remains connected to your body via the silver cord.

The silver cord is even mentioned in the bible in Ecclesiates 12: 5-7

\" For man goes to his eternal home, And the mourners go about the streets. *Remember your Creator before the *silver cord* is loosed, Or the golden bowl is broken, Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well. *Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it. \"
      I'm wondering why people have seen the "silver cord" but no golden bowls or pitchers, or wheels. I think the only reasoning I can come up with is that those are just symbolic metaphors like much of the rest of the Bible.

hello, I have had several out of body experiences and I have never seen it, I think this is a theory also, perhaps those that beleif in it, it is there for them when they venture to make them feel safe, I don't beleive we have them, I beleive it is not through the body but the mind,since obe's are traveling through consciousness, which is interesting clarity since you saw yours on your forehead..
      but I have spoke to some people who have seen theirs , however the majority has not, I think this go's with the vibrational state that one go's through in order to project, we create these things as protectants and tools to help us as we leave the body...
      though perhaps it could even be that we create what we beleive as I said above and in this case I do not have one for that reason...however I have yet to see it, so a possiblity of it existing is still probable.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul"
      Adopted,: River

This is only a theory. I had had three OOBE experiences and I have never seen it. Like lilacsky has said usually people make up things in their mind that they eventually believe. Maybe some cords are clear and you cannot see them. I have not been far from my body. About 50 feet at most because I was scared of going too far. Maybe some people need cords because they are subconciously scared to lose their bodies
      Cared for by: Clairity

So many variables, so little knowledge.

Yume, your sugnature is eyecatching, hehe its very pretty...!

Originally posted by lilacsky
      Yume, your sugnature is eyecatching, hehe its very pretty...!
      Thank you. It reminds me of Lucid Dreaming.
      Cared for by: Clairity

So many variables, so little knowledge.

I've had many OBE's and I've never seen the cord. I can even be next to my physical body looking at it and I've never seen it. Maybe it's just becasue I've never noticed it but I would have to be blind not to.

Realy Existance,hmm, how advanced would you say you are at astral travel??

Hi lilacsky,
      I'm not good at leaving my body from a waking state because I normally fall to sleep before I get into a deep enough trance, but once I become lucid I'll return to my body and can stay in the sleep paralysis and then project out into my room. So I concider this astral projecting because this mind awake body asleep state is what you need for astral projection. Plus I have the same kind of problems that I've read about for astral projectors like getting half way out or stuck. But one thing is for sure and that is I can feel my body and the position I'm sleeping in most of the time when in this state right before projection. I wouldn't concider myself advanced at all because of my problem with projecting from a waking state. This is something I need help with or just need to practice more. Now as far as astral projecting from lucid dreams after returning to the body goes, I'm getting really good at this so I would say I'm pretty advanced at this.

yeah thats cool, I think Im more advanced in the launching from lucid dreams myself, however Ive had many months where I would leave the body through waking,and not dreams.I find both very interesting, its seems though that the subconscious makes it very differcult to fully detach in lucid dreams.this is what Ive found anyway, but everyone is differant..wow Im always learning something new about you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast