• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Jartan's Journeys

Ok, so here is my little log of my journey through Lucid Land. First some facts:

Lucid dreaming one year before start of this journal
      Approx 35-45 lucid dreams (I totally lost count!)

I've been lacking some willpower to write everything down lately. Hopefully making it public will help focus me (plus give you all something to laugh at )

Lucids will be in blue
      Analyzations will be in indigo

I'll start off by going back to the two dreams I've been thinking about most since joining this site:

Aug 2005

I found myself in my bathroom in front of the mirror, so attempted to do some physical changes on myself. After slow changed failed I had some mild success, often I looked disfigured in the mirrors as if a half way change happened.

Gave up and went to leave. There was a large man standing next to the door but I just brushed past him and went into the lounge. There I found a girl sitting on the sofa. She was a semi-cartoon girl, blonde hair, red top, jeans.

I asked her who she was.
      She replied that she didn’t have a name.
      I replied that that was probably because she was a figment of my imagination and I hadn’t named her yet.
      She turned round to look up into my eyes, flashed me a big smile and said ‘Perhaps you’re a figment of mine?’

I woke up.

It’s very unusual for my dream characters to talk to me. In fact it’s very rare for them to do anything at all, much like the large man. For the most part people are like mannequins, posable statues. Whether this is due to Asperger’s syndrome or something else I don’t know.

Task for some point in the future - Talk to more dream characters. They’re interesting. I'd quite like to meet that girl again actually.

17th March 2006

1)
      After successfully WILDing, I found myself on the floor next to my bed. I got up, went out of my room onto the landing, there was nobody around so I went down to the front door. I tried to open the door. It wouldn’t open. I tried to walk through the glass but that resisted too. So I turned around, picked up the door keys, put them in the lock and opened the door (very clear that part). Outside on the path I saw Pam standing. I walked up to her but woke up before I reached her.

2)
      This time I had floated out of my bed and was standing next to the door. Went outside, looked around. This time I saw my Mum for some reason, but just ignored her and went downstairs (nb, I’ve never walked up or down a set of stairs in any lucid dream to my recollection. I’ve started at one end, and instantly ended up at the other without really noticing). This time when I reached the door I stopped and reached out till my fingers were nearly touching the glass. I took a deep breath and told myself ‘this is a dream, I can just walk through it if I want to’. I gently touched the glass and my hand passed through it. The glass rippled away like water, or like you see on TV. I followed my arm through and found myself standing outside.

I went up to the road, when I tried something I’d been trying to do for a while. I jumped. The first one took me about 3 feet off the ground, the next about 6. After that? About twice the height of the local houses. From the top of the bounces I could see over them, but the field behind wasn’t the one that’s really there, but apparently the field opposite my grandmothers house. Interesting. Anyway, the principal feel was a rush of adrenaline at the top of the arc. There was a second where you transferred from going up to starting to drop, and watching the scenery change and start rushing up (and feeling the wind as you were rushing down) was possibly the most amazing feeling of this dream.

After a while of that, I tried flying. Slightly less successful, I flew to about the height of the buildings for a good few hundred metres before touching down again near the bus stop. I noted the feeling of gravity pulling down on my clothes, compared to my own feeling of weightlessness. Indeed the physical sensations were more interesting than the view, considering how low down I was.

Touching down on the road, a car came speeding around the corner towards me. It was blue/silver, it had a low profile of a sports car, though it is hard to tell whether it was a GT style car or something more like a Ferrari. Irrespective, I just concentrated on it and whispered ‘stop’. And it skidded to a stop on the right hand side of the road next to the bus stop.

I’d been looking for Kate amongst the people who were milling around the road but had been unable to find her. I walked up to the nearest girl and whispered into her ear ‘would you mind changing into Kate please?’ And… she did. I gave her a quick kiss (tongues are quite sensitive ) and walked off to experiment on other people.

I’ll shorten this section. I transformed around 6 people into various things including a Yorkshire terrier, a ladybird and inanimate things like a plant, a leaf and a brick. The transformations were instant and effortless, I just had to think about what I wanted, whisper it to them, and poof there was an instant change.

I had a slight lapse in lucidity here, enough for there to be a scene change. By the time I was back in control I was in a dank empty corridor. It looked a lot like a submarine, with low level lighting and pipes. I found a door and went through it.

Inside I was in a shower room. I walked over to a mirror. My favourite pastime in front of mirrors is to try to transform myself. I managed an instant and perfect transformation into a girl. I ran my hands over myself to make sure, and it felt as real as it looked. I walked out of the room, but as I did I woke up..

I haven’t experienced a mental state like that before. I was so incredibly calm and controlled at all times. It wasn’t until I woke up that the elation hit me. I can see I’ve got to latch into that mental state again to gain control like this. I know in that state I could achieve anything I thought of. Everything I tried was perfect, effortless and instant..

Most memorable : The mental state, and the rush at the top of a jump arc

Next time : I’ve got to work on my ability to transform entire scenes, it's the only thing I don't think I could have done. Maybe I can latch on to the fact that I could teleport the length of the stairs and extend it. Maybe I’ll try another technique, I’ve had some success walking through televisions. Drawing a portal sounds fun too.

20th March

- I’ve inherited an unpopular restaurant opposite some pubs. Nobody seems to come around, except to use the toilets which are in front of my restaurant, instead of behind it like you’d expect (so nobody ever comes in to the actual restaurant). When a lady does come in I end up flapping around trying to get everything cooked (she wanted fish and chips), she even ended up trying to help me get everything ready.

- Gary (my barber) around to fix some things around the house. He puts a cabinet up in the kitchen, but it’s in the wrong place so I end up having to move it. He’s supposed to put an extension on the back of the house, but when I go out I find he’s started laying bricks on the top of the garage. He’s only half completed a single row, and is building on top of the roofing felt. I climb up there to tell him he’s building in the wrong place, and lie on my stomach to look where the extension is going to be, and imagine how great I will be when it’s built.

Well, starting this journal is certainly getting my dream recall back up. I’d have never even known the first one, I was about to roll over and go back to sleep when I thought ‘No! Write it down, you’re keeping a journal on the computer now’. So at least this has achieved something!

21st March

(I wish I could read my writing from 3am!)
      - Arcade/puzzle game-ish. It’s first person. A lion, storm, water and something else? 4 characters anyway. Moved on from an island to a haunted house, then finally a dirt race track.

- There’s a girl with superpowers, the dream moves really fast through random changes.

- I’m in my grans front bedroom, when a man and a woman dressed in black (with shades too) come up and tell me to get ready. I’m trying to find black clothes to get dressed in, it takes me ages to find a black shirt. Cuts across to the ‘bad guys’ computer terminal. Their kid picks up the phone accidentally which allows us to trace where they are. One bad guy transforms into a plane (!) two others jump in and they take off, we’re there by now, and it’s on some sort of passenger ferry. They’ve left a bomb behind and all the passengers are in a panic getting 2 man life rafts out of a cupboard and rowing away. I fail to get a lift, but manage to grab the last raft and paddle. My friend (I think it was Celia?) is waiting for me to get it. Just before I get to the window to get out onto the water (they’re on a level) she falls into the water clinging onto my jumper. For some reason I’m more concerned about the jumper than her at first. She’s thrashing about in the water (can’t swim) and just before I get to her she sinks under the surface. The water is really stormy and I’m reaching under the water trying to get a hold of her, then try to feel where she is with the paddle. I just jump in to the water as I wake up.

I now attempted a WILD, but, for some reason, it went totally wrong. I’m usually reasonably consistent with them. This time my mind was racing more, and I struggled to get into it. I tried for about 60mins before giving up. I got through images, sounds and sleep paralysis fine but couldn’t make the last dive into the dream. I must have been strangely agitated for some reason. Anyway, luckily even when I did fail I still had a lucid dream, probably simply because I’d been concentrating on it so much!

In a card shop on [street near where I work]. I do a reality check and realize I’m dreaming. There’s an argument going on behind me, between some member of staff and a customer, and for some strange reason I’m totally paralyzed and can’t move at all. Eventually the lady on the staff shouts ‘Get out of the store!’ to the customer and I manage to move and walk out of the shop. On the way out I notice a digital clock reading 8:80am. I stare at it and laugh to myself that that is definitely a dream clock. Out in the street it’s very busy with people walking around (unusual!) remembering my decision to try scene changes (my last big problem, as I often get stuck in boring locations like home, or local towns) I create a teleporter behind me. I go over to it but it is the most complicated thing I’ve even seen in my life. About a bazillion dials and read outs, and no obvious buttons to press. It’s shaped a bit like a jukebox too strangely. I give up on that, walk back to the street to try something else, but I wake up.

Rushed rushed rushed. I seemed way over anxious through the dream, like I did in my WILD attempt. Which is fine enough but it meant I didn’t take the time to enjoy the dream, which is after all the entire point. I know better, to slow down, calm myself, convince myself of my dream abilities and let things come naturally. I was rushing through that one in a panic as if I had to do it quickly before I lost lucidity, and it seemed to rebel by paralyzing me at first, and creating an unusable machine next. Eh well.

It’s great that my dream characters are doing more now. Just thinking about my dream (1st one above) seems to have finally started making them more real and interesting.[/color]