• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dream Related Movies

Matrix Revolutions

I linked this page to my WBTB tutorial so that the viewers can watch the trailers. Enjoy!!!

Avatar and Signature Created by Bornslip

Wisconsin.. wait, what happened to Illinois??
      Cool! What a great idea. 8)

Quin custodiet custodes ipsos?

That makes me want to go rent Vanilla Sky....thanks!

LD's : 7

I lóve the butterfly effect.

Still in cinema's here, will take some time before it's on dvd.
      Adopted by gameover

Originally posted by Zophael
      I lóve the butterfly effect.

Still in cinema's here, will take some time before it's on dvd.
      Yeah, when I was in Holland around 2-3 weeks ago they had "Butterfly Effect" in the cinema. I saw "Troy" instead and watched "Butterfly Effect" when I got back home. (like anyone cares... )

I also saw "What Dreams May Come" a long time ago and saw it again recently on the Sci-Fri channel (I finally got it )...

But now I really want to see "Vanilla Sky" and especially "Waking Life"! But they're both R, why? sex? language? (just curious )

adopted: roadrash_140

Yeah there's some nudity/sexuality in Vanilla Sky.

Nothing like that in Waking Life though.. maybe just because it's.. maybe the philosophies are too intense for younger viewers. Eh.

Chicago
      Waking Life is rated R????? I'm confused....
      I'm in Chasing Mars, one of Chicago's best [link removed - ask for permision]indie rock bands[/url]! <------CLICK FOR FREE MUSIC

the butterfly effect is the best movie i have seen,and what dreams may come follows very closely behind.
      i watched vanilla sky and i didnt really like it.
      i really wanna see what dreams may come again since it was so long ago that i saw it.(has butterfly effect on dvd)

id reccomend the two movies to anywone,and if you havnt seen them then SEE THEM NOW

Chicago
      What Dreams May Come was one of the biggest waste of times Ive seen. It was some random conception of an afterlife, with no basis and no reason to believe it. The only thing that movie is worth is the bizzarre effects of the painting world, and a few random tripped out things. But I wouldnt reccomend this movie to anyone. Vanilla Sky, is awesome. Great movie and it has an awesome Radihead song. But foget all these movies if you havent seen Waking Life.

But of course it goes without saying, to each his own.
      I'm in Chasing Mars, one of Chicago's best [link removed - ask for permision]indie rock bands[/url]! <------CLICK FOR FREE MUSIC

Vanilla Sky was kind of like.. I think Donnie Darko (maybe. I may be thinking of something else tho). In the sense that there were many details that were easily overlooked, yet they were all important clues.

What other movie was like that? Hmm...

Edit: FIGHT CLUB! That's it.

Originally posted by Scwigglie
      Vanilla Sky was kind of like.. I think Donnie Darko (maybe. I may be thinking of something else tho). In the sense that there were many details that were easily overlooked, yet they were all important clues.

What other movie was like that? Hmm...
      Donnie Darko was one hell of a ride, so many theories(sp?) so little time....

I think Fight Club is amazing because of all the little things that people probably missed. I could watch it a hundred times and never get bored.

EDIT: great minds think alike scwigglie! I posted that the same time as you

ooh I just found out that every single one of these is available at my library!
      I saw What Dreams May Come once, but I just didnt get it so I'll try again. I just put them all on hold so once they all come in I'll have a dream-movie-a-thon!

Ha, I get all mine at the library too. No more wasting money at Blockbuster, mwahahaha!!!!!

Hey in Fight Club, did you ever watch some parts frame by frame, and catch a glimpse of Brad Pitt's character just appear out of nowhere?

Originally posted by Scwigglie
      Ha, I get all mine at the library too. No more wasting money at Blockbuster, mwahahaha!!!!!

Hey in Fight Club, did you ever watch some parts frame by frame, and catch a glimpse of Brad Pitt's character just appear out of nowhere?
      hahaha yeah, I thought I was the only one obsessive enough to do that! You know at the very end there one shot of a *whispers* penis lol

I love everything Ed Norton has ever done, but Fight Club is probably the best movie I have ever seen

I don't think I ever got the true essence of vanilla sky... I think I'll watch it again though. Till I came on this forum I didn't really have any idea it had anything to do with lucid dreaming...
      You look like me, but you talk like a stranger...

Originally posted by Bornslip
      I don't think I ever got the true essence of vanilla sky... I think I'll watch it again though. Till I came on this forum I didn't really have any idea it had anything to do with lucid dreaming...
      Me neither.. from the trailers, I thought it was about some girl stalking Tom Cruise's character and doing crazy stalker-like things.

the matrix is kinda parallel to lucid dreaming in a gazillion different ways how its all symbolic and stuff

GAMEOVER SAIDWhat Dreams May Come was one of the biggest waste of times Ive seen. It was some random conception of an afterlife, with no basis and no reason to believe it. The only thing that movie is worth is the bizzarre effects of the painting world, and a few random tripped out things.[/b]
      HEY I personally enjoyed the movie and don’t understand how u couldn’t like it. Take this into perspective... it touched upon some VERY abstract "touchy” ideas and realms I guess. I thought the movies cast was good the story well thought out and it probably opened some people up to thinking for once after a movie but that’s just my opinion.

p.s. how the hell do you get it to say Quote:gamover said ??????????
      No one knows everything

Adopted by: ShadowNightWing

Chicago
      You write [quote] without the * of course

That movie was pretty tripped out but it didnt inspire much thought, as the whole picture of the aftrlife seemed quite ridiculous to me. At least for me. Glad someone enjoyed it

Re

The waking life! Thats it! About 8 months ago i watched bits and pieces of a very strange and unsettling movie on TV. I was very very intriged but i didn't know the title, so i just kept watching the channel it was on until one day i finnaly got a chance to see it! i still didn't see the title, but ever since i've purseued lucid dreaming. this site knows so much it's scary
      I got a brocken face! uh-huh-uh-huh woooooooooo

there is another movie related to dreaming called the lathe of heaven.
      its based on a book by ursula k. le guin

I like Ursula K De(le?) Guin. Is Lathe of Heaven worth pursuing? I haven't read the book so I dunno.
      "Ah, but therin lies the paradox." - Joseph_Stalin

Originally posted by gameover
      What Dreams May Come was one of the biggest waste of times Ive seen. It was some random conception of an afterlife, with no basis and no reason to believe it. The only thing that movie is worth is the bizzarre effects of the painting world, and a few random tripped out things. But I wouldnt reccomend this movie to anyone. Vanilla Sky, is awesome. Great movie and it has an awesome Radihead song. But foget all these movies if you havent seen Waking Life.

But of course it goes without saying, to each his own.
      It's based on a book. I've read it and it is one of my favorite books. I was dissapointed with how the movie turned out compared to the book, but that's hollywood for you. If you read, read this book. It's an amazing read and it's very enlightening.
      .......Then I think of my youth and of my first love-when the longing of desire was strong. Now I long only for my first longing. What is youth? A dream. What is love? The substance of a dream.

not fully dream related, but sorta.....I'd definately have to add The Cell to the list!

What happened, I can't see the images of the movie posters??

Avatar and Signature Created by Bornslip

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast