• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

LD Count
      Mexico
      DJ Entries

What can I do to improve.

I recently (this summer) discovered Lucid Dreaming, and while when I was small I remember having a really good lucid dream, since when I realized what they where, I have only had 3. In the first I remember thinking it was a dream however it lasted like 2 seconds and I remember nothing but a tower. In the second I woke up, and I remembered that in my dream I had been at school during Math class, for a strange reason I decided I wanted to go back to my dream, I closed my eyes, and found myself back in the dream exactly where I left off. I was lucid once again for like 5 seconds before drifting off into the dream. In the third I remember having a dream about the arctic before this one, however in the lucid dream of that night, I simply remember staring at a rough wall, my face was only like 5 centimeters away from the wall and I remember thinking how real it felt and looked even though it was a dream, unfortunately that's the only thing I thought of doing during that part, (or at least that's the only thing I remember doing). What can I do to achieve lucidity, and when I achieve it keep it going unlike what has happened to me. The only good lucid dream I have ever had was the one I mentioned earlier in this post, about a dream when I was around 4 years old. In it I woke up in my bed, however I wasn't in my room, I was on a conveyor belt, sort of like the conveyor belt scene from Toy Story 2, however instead of briefcases there were beds with kids from all over the world, and I knew it was a dream and was talking with kids in beds close to me on the conveyor belt. It was slowly moving taking us somewhere but I never got to know where, I believe it was taking us to our dreams but I'm not sure if it's true or just my imagination over time. Please help me how to lucid dream better. (Yes I do have a dream journal and do ocassional reality checks).

LD Count
      Mexico
      DJ Entries
      I forgot to mention, I normally got to sleep at around 10 to 11 at night and wake up at 6:30 to go to school. I usually take a long time to fall asleep, and mostly before falling asleep I watch Youtube videos in my iPod.

Well i heard that light projection stuff like tv,pc,etc is bad O.o.
      Something about it making your mind thinking that it's daytime (not time to sleep), and therefore you can't get into a deep sleep.

Testimonial?
      I've noticed that i had an amazing dream recall at my cousin's house, i was able to tell a very long-draggy dream from beginning to end, TWICE.
      5 dream recalls. 2 were long.
      They had no video games.
      I went home and for 2 days before i go to sleep i would play 1-3 hours of black ops zombie mode (time wasting).
      And i would only get about 2 dream recall, and they're mostly short written lol.

But that's just my experience.
      So yea try not to watch videos on ipod before sleeping, 1-2hr without videos, and see how it is.
      A good deep sleep helps with lucid, should be.
      lol

For some reason i posted the comment 2x, idk why
      sorry.(this one, edited).
      Last edited by Omnilucid; 12-01-2010 at 04:57 AM. Reason: double post =x

LD Count
      Mexico
      DJ Entries
      Thanks, I'll try that and see if it works out.

LD Count
      Mexico
      DJ Entries

Normal Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Omnilucid View Post
      Well i heard that light projection stuff like tv,pc,etc is bad O.o.
      Something about it making your mind thinking that it's daytime (not time to sleep), and therefore you can't get into a deep sleep.

Testimonial?
      I've noticed that i had an amazing dream recall at my cousin's house, i was able to tell a very long-draggy dream from beginning to end, TWICE.
      5 dream recalls. 2 were long.
      They had no video games.
      I went home and for 2 days before i go to sleep i would play 1-3 hours of black ops zombie mode (time wasting).
      And i would only get about 2 dream recall, and they're mostly short written lol.

But that's just my experience.
      So yea try not to watch videos on ipod before sleeping, 1-2hr without videos, and see how it is.
      A good deep sleep helps with lucid, should be.
      lol
      That must be why I haven't attained lucidity lately, since I watch videos my dreams are influenced by them and so they're more real and it's harder to recognize that it's a dream. Now that I think about it 2 lucid dreams I had I was too tired to watch videos.