• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Like Tree175Likes

Thread: If you can't remember your dreams, TRY THIS!

DJ Entries
      I guess you're right. I'm in a huge recall rut right now it's not even funny. It's like just when I want to remember all my dreams, that's when I can't.

Minnesota
      DJ Entries
      So far it seems like this technique works better for me when im extremely sleep deprived during the weekend. I got less then 2 hours of sleep on saturday-sunday and this ended up working very well for me. Last night where I got maybe 3 or 4 it didn't work. Is their a certain time amount I should be sleeping that can help me remember my dreams more?

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
      So far it seems like this technique works better for me when im extremely sleep deprived during the weekend. I got less then 2 hours of sleep on saturday-sunday and this ended up working very well for me. Last night where I got maybe 3 or 4 it didn't work. Is their a certain time amount I should be sleeping that can help me remember my dreams more?
      No, maybe if you sleep more and can dream more dreams to remember :p
      But do the technique for a while and don't mess up your sleep cycle or drink soda or alcohol before sleeping

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

Quote Originally Posted by GlaringDream View Post
      I guess you're right. I'm in a huge recall rut right now it's not even funny. It's like just when I want to remember all my dreams, that's when I can't.
      Hmm, your not suppose to want to remember your dreams, you are just going to know that you will remember them I know it sounds weird, but believe me I have had bad recall time too I have sometimes 5 dreams in a row named DREAM-DRY ^^ but try to affirm to yourself when you go to sleep that you will remember your dreams and REALLY believe it. And when you remember your dream for the first time using this affirmation it will be even easier for you to believe in it and it becomes a habit =) Good luck!
      Last edited by MasterMind; 03-08-2010 at 04:59 PM.

DJ Entries
      Update: I tried this method the other night and no luck. However, I must note that when I writing what happened during my day, I was concentrating on it and being chatty at the same time Also, I was reading the lucid nightmare thread and didn't wanna have a nightmare that day, so, I told myself that I would rather NOT remember my dreams I plan to try it again tonight

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMind View Post
      Hmm, your not suppose to want to remember your dreams, you are just going to know that you will remember them I know it sounds weird, but believe me I have had bad recall time too I have sometimes 5 dreams in a row named DREAM-DRY ^^ but try to affirm to yourself when you go to sleep that you will remember your dreams and REALLY believe it. And when you remember your dream for the first time using this affirmation it will be even easier for you to believe in it and it becomes a habit =) Good luck!
      I did that last night and I really believed that I will remember them. I woke up 2-3 times last time, I think once 3.5hr into my sleep and another a bit later on and I couldn't remember anything. Just a mention is that I woke up without an alarm clock, just like that, so, it's possible I woke up right after my REM period finished thus no remembering, kinda disappointing
      # of LDs so far: DILD-1, WILD-0, Awareness-5
      Max Dreams recalled in one night: 3
      Goals: Learn to fly [] - Find out more about myself [] - Explore the sea [] - Pray in an LD []
      Read my DJ: Whirlwind of Dreams
      Read my current research: CAT Research
      Read my meditation experiences: Meditation Experiences

Member Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by BigFan View Post
      Update: I tried this method the other night and no luck. However, I must note that when I writing what happened during my day, I was concentrating on it and being chatty at the same time Also, I was reading the lucid nightmare thread and didn't wanna have a nightmare that day, so, I told myself that I would rather NOT remember my dreams I plan to try it again tonight

I did that last night and I really believed that I will remember them. I woke up 2-3 times last time, I think once 3.5hr into my sleep and another a bit later on and I couldn't remember anything. Just a mention is that I woke up without an alarm clock, just like that, so, it's possible I woke up right after my REM period finished thus no remembering, kinda disappointing
      No way ! Yeah that's disappointing, but try to affirm to yourself that you will remember your dreams like you did when you failed, until you remember them Today I wrote down two pages of my day, haha just to see if it helps I reply tomorrow if I got any results from it.

Minnesota
      DJ Entries
      No, maybe if you sleep more and can dream more dreams to remember :p
      But do the technique for a while and don't mess up your sleep cycle or drink soda or alcohol before sleeping
      That makes sense now I guess. For some reason i didn't put together that having more sleep could give me more rem cycles. Wow lol. Could the Soda's really affect it that greatly though? Because I do have a monster around 11pm and go to bed around 2-3am. But by the time I go to sleep I'm pretty sure it's worn off. When I had my first ever close to WILD i'm pretty sure it was the Energy drink that was somewhat keeping me mentally aware.

Member Achievements:

That makes sense now I guess. For some reason i didn't put together that having more sleep could give me more rem cycles. Wow lol. Could the Soda's really affect it that greatly though? Because I do have a monster around 11pm and go to bed around 2-3am. But by the time I go to sleep I'm pretty sure it's worn off. When I had my first ever close to WILD i'm pretty sure it was the Energy drink that was somewhat keeping me mentally aware.
      Nah it was more like a joke but maybe the sugar makes you alert for a short time and then when the sugereffect stops you get to tired and don't remember your dream. But it's just a vague theory but then apple juice would be a dream killer :S so I hope I am wrong, but alcohol is a dream killer or is it hmm... -.-

Minnesota
      DJ Entries
      Nah it was more like a joke but maybe the sugar makes you alert for a short time and then when the sugereffect stops you get to tired and don't remember your dream. But it's just a vague theory but then apple juice would be a dream killer :S so I hope I am wrong, but alcohol is a dream killer or is it hmm... -.-
      I'm 16 and really not interested in alchohol atm so I would have no idea lol. All I can tell you is that weed is definatley a dream killer. But you do get an amazing sleep. But your sugar theory I'm interested in futher discussing. So your saying that the sugar maybe can make you aware enough to acheive WILD but then once ur asleep the sugar crashes you to a point where u don't remember or loose lucidity?
      Last edited by Zerk; 03-08-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Member Achievements:

im 16 and really not interested in alchohol atm so I would have no idea lol. All I can tell you is that weed is definatley a dream killer. But you do get an amazing sleep.
      I am 16 too And I don't drink either, I have just read that it kills the dream recall .
      But try to not see this method as a "method " "technique", try to see it as a tool to help you pracctise your long-term memory and perhaps the short-term, and that will help you to remember your dreams in the future For example you don't pracctise your muscles to get muscles directly it will come over time.
      Last edited by MasterMind; 03-08-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Minnesota
      DJ Entries
      Sorry I edited and added more to the previous post but yeah I understand.

Member Achievements:

Sorry I edited and added more to the previous post but yeah I understand.
      Hehe, yeah I saw

But I hope you all understand why recall is the most important when you try to lucid dream x)

And for you who don't: It's because every lucid dream induction on this site will be so much easier xD

Member Achievements:

It's Time to Live the (Lucid) Life x)

Ok, I become lucid almost every night now (ok note every single night, but often ). The problem is that I can't stabilize the dream enough to make me perfectly aware. And I will write a new thread in the Dream Control section about how I will do that Or maybe I just do a Dream Journal but use it as a public notebook... Yeah I do that. See you there

DJ Entries
      I will do that, thanks. Once my cold is over, that is. I was up almost two hours last night coughing.

Member Achievements:

I will do that, thanks. Once my cold is over, that is. I was up almost two hours last night coughing.
      Well, my night were not the best either :S A guy tried to fax me like 1000 of times but I don't have a fax and then the telephone just ring all the time. Not an easy way to remember dreams in

DJ Entries
      I can imagine!

Member Achievements:

I can imagine!
      Yeah x) I hope I don't get disturbed this night

Member Achievements:

Video Log (not blogg lol)

Just got an idea

If you don't want to waste time on "writing" down your dreams and your waking life. You can use the Jake Sully from Avatar, technique =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEt3q...eature=related

Video Log or voicerecord your day and Night life like he do in the movie.
      And it will take less time than writing.

It's just a tip, maybe the writing pracctise your memory more, I don't know.
      chaspat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Transience View Post
      Wow,
      A waking journal to complement your dream journal.
      I'm definitely doing this from now on.
      Thanks man
      yeah there's definately gonna be an extra journal bedside to keep my DJ company starting tonight lol. Ive had a seriously sparatic dream recall for a while now and this looks like it might be the solution. will post again if i experience sensational results

Ok, I become lucid almost every night now (ok note every single night, but often ). The problem is that I can't stabilize the dream enough to make me perfectly aware. And I will write a new thread in the Dream Control section about how I will do that Or maybe I just do a Dream Journal but use it as a public notebook... Yeah I do that. See you there
      lots and lots of RC's man, I also read a technique where you put a contact in your cell phone as subconscious or god or w/e your more comfortable with, and you give him a ring during your ld and ask him for more awareness, or more control, or more focus even, ive had varying results but the guy who post'd the technique said he could ask for pretty much anything and it would show up. could even ask for his dream to last longer and it would stabalize.
      it relies a lot on how often you actually use your phone and things of that nature but seemed like it was worth mentioning

Member Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Hashbaker View Post
      lots and lots of RC's man, I also read a technique where you put a contact in your cell phone as subconscious or god or w/e your more comfortable with, and you give him a ring during your ld and ask him for more awareness, or more control, or more focus even, ive had varying results but the guy who post'd the technique said he could ask for pretty much anything and it would show up. could even ask for his dream to last longer and it would stabalize.
      it relies a lot on how often you actually use your phone and things of that nature but seemed like it was worth mentioning
      Thank you, but I usually get lucid and then just know oh this is a dream ok let's relax then I scream "This is a dream" then I losing my lucidity and dreaming that I am lucid instead :S I guess I have to stabilize my reality to and be more aware of it and yeah I will spam my dream reality checks next time xD
      Last edited by MasterMind; 03-09-2010 at 06:49 PM.

Skriv på svenska till stackars mig som inte orkar läsa engelska atm

Member Achievements:

SWE: Ok Du kan adda mig på msn gå in på min profil.
      ENG: Ok You can add my msn, click on my profile.

haha xD

Germany, Europe
      DJ Entries
      I tried this idea now for 3 days. The first day, it worked very well. I could remember a really interesting dream. But the next two nights I couldn't remember any dream!
      I kinda have the feeling, it's just because I slept to little, but who knows... :-/

Greetings from Germany,
      Matthias.
      Lucid Dreams: 2
      (Sig by Xedan)

Row, row, row your boat gently up the stream!
      Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream!

Member Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaWookiee View Post
      I tried this idea now for 3 days. The first day, it worked very well. I could remember a really interesting dream. But the next two nights I couldn't remember any dream!
      I kinda have the feeling, it's just because I slept to little, but who knows... :-/

Greetings from Germany,
      Matthias.
      Haha love that banana smiley.
      Use this technique as a tool, like I said the results will come after some time...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast