• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Supplement to Improve Focus/Attention?

Hi,

This doesn't have to do so much with Lucid Aids as it does with general neurochemical supplements. I just figure that many of you on this board would be educated enough to help me out

I'm a pretty absent minded person. My mind wanders, I daydream, and I'm often accused of "always spacing out". My brother has ADD, and I think that I may have a small case of it as well. I would really like to improve my focus and my attention, and I've recently took up meditation. I'm not interested in taking any prescription medications like aderol or ritelin, but I'm certain that there's some kind of supplement out there that helps with focus. B6? 5HTP? I just can't put my finger on what would help, though I'm certain that something is out there. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

DMAE is supposed to improve focus. Not sure how it would effect you if you have ADD though. You might also try L-Theanine which calms the mind. I've also seen a suppliment called Focus Factor, which has DMAE, and other supplements added along with vitamins. I've never tried it though, although I have tried DMAE, it does seem to help me focus.

Waste of Space
      I have the same problem and for me, supplements don't work. I have doubts about whether they will siginificantly help anyone if the problem is anything more than slight. The problem could be caused by hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar), allergies or poor diet or a number of other things. If you're serious about fixing it you'll need to find out what's causing it and correct that problem rather than just trying to paste over it with supplements. Totally eliminating sugar and refined grains and eating lots of vegetables will help (yeah, I know, that's boring and a pain in the arse, but usually the real solutions are . )

Lurker
      There are many natural supplements out there that you can try, green tea extract, PABA, chamomile, omega 3, etc. When combined they can work to help you stay focused. Try going to http://www.intelliboost.com, and click articles, there is some more information about these natural extracts.

Waste of Space
      Quote Originally Posted by ice45x View Post
      There are many natural supplements out there that you can try, green tea extract, PABA, chamomile, omega 3, etc. When combined they can work to help you stay focused. Try going to http://www.intelliboost.com, and click articles, there is some more information about these natural extracts.
      Are you gay?

My Grandfather With Fish Parakonstantius's Avatar
      United States of America
      Quote Originally Posted by paragon View Post
      Are you gay?
      Are you just trying to raise post count?
      Lucid Dreams: 8/8
      DILDs: 4/8
      WILDs: 3/8
      DEILDs: 1/8

Most recent lucid dream: 7 Feb 2009