• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Massachusetts, USA

My First Tutorial: Clarity. Please Help!

I figured I'd post here and fet some feed back and such, so here it goes! Special thanks so Sandform, LucidM!nds, and Ninja for all their help!

Increasing Dream Clarity

By Reality_is_a_Dream

Intro

Clarity is one of the most important things in a dream, lucid or otherwise. I can’t even tell you of countless lucid dreams I lost to poor quality, and knew that it must happen to other people, and a Tutorial can’t be bad to make. Note this is my first tutorial and any advice is gladly accepted!

Ok, so here are the basic dream types, listed in order of least clear to most clear. I know this may not apply for everyone, but from what I found, it is generally true.
      1: DILDs (This include DILD variants, such as MILD’s; dreams that require you to reality check)
      2: Natural lucid dreams (Ones where you enter the dream lucid, or do not need to reality check)
      3: WILDs (This includes DEILDs and other WBTBs)

Foods and Vitamins

There are also certain foods and vitamins that induce clarity and lucid dreams. The most common are apple juice, peanut butter, chocolate, anything with caffeine (it keeps your mind aware, get the connection?), B6 (more info: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=5668) , Vitamin E (more info: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=5668 ) and Melatonin (more info: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=3809 ) More information on foods that induce clarity here: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=5869.

Wake Back to Beds

These foods can be taken before bed or during a wake back to bed (WBTB), which is when you wake up in the night, usually after about 4-6 hours of sleep, do something that will affect your dreams, and go into a dream (lucid or otherwise). Some of the best foods that can be taken during the WBTB are energy drinks (Red Bull, Jolt, etc..) because they are rich in caffeine and the B vitamins, sports drinks (Gatorade, PowerAde) for the same reasons, and Reece’s Peanut butter Cups (Chocolate AND peanut butter!). The only reason I recommend these for a WBTB is they will usually keep you up and awake (which is the same reason why they help your dreams, lucid dreaming is just one big contradicting paradox). I was also told of another WBTB by a member, but I can’t find that thread, and if it is yours, PM me and I’ll edit this out. Here is what you do: You wake up, take a few deep breathes and just faint out. You will have really vivid and clear dreams. That’s all. From what I remember, almost everyone had amazing dreams after this, and I can not recommend it enough. You can also improve clarity and vividness by sleeping in a new setting; particularly on a hard surface (such as a hotel floor); it keeps your mind awake, and you go into less deep sleep (more info here : http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=62500).

Spiritual Clarity

And finally, there are the spiritual "spells and such" that work for dreams and clarity. I found that Jade is a general Dreamining Stone; and, when placed below the pillow, increases recall, lucidity, and best of all, clarity. From a tutorial by A Lost soul (Of Stones and Stuff", there is also Anglesite. (http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=1626)

Anglesite crystallizes as tabular crystals or as crystal masses and the colors can rang from white, colorless, pale green, pale yellow, or pale blue. It supposedly facilitates contact with entities beyond this waking realm of earth. It helps stabilize dreams and keeps one grounded when lucid. It’s a loving stone and it also allows for open communication with the spirit realm, bringing dreams forth.
      This part is still under construction and I could use help! I remember from somewhere that opium incense help with Dream clarity, can anyone call me on that? If you know of any gems, incense, oils, ect. that help with dreams, Tell Me Please! Thanks!

Dream "Tips and Tricks"

Well, now that I have covered what you can do in your waking state to improve dream clarity, let’s take a trip and learn of all the fun things you can do to improve vividness in your dreams!

Let us just establish a little background information before we move on. A lot of in-dream methods will only work you some people, a lot of them are placebos, and a lot are just plain old bullshit. I picked out the most common ones that worked out for the most people, and I hope these work for all the people that read these.

In the dream state, there are a lot of “tricks” that help with clarity and vividness. The best way is to just take a minute to take it all in; the scenery, the feeling, everything. But if this doesn’t work for you, or you want that “Extra Push”, here are all the other good ones. Rubbing your hands is the most common, getting in the habit of rubbing your hands together once you et lucid is a really good way to make your dreamscapes clearer. Spinning around also helps, as it helps if you feel yourself waking up, and is just as vital as rubbing your hands together in a lucid dream*. Another common tool used to increase clarity, vividness, control, and overall lucidity is simply yelling, “Increase Clarity/ Vividness/ Control/ Lucidity NOW!!!”. You can also pay a visit to the Lucid Crossroads (http://www.lucidcrossroads.co.uk/gettingus.htm start on this page and then go to description 1, then 2, then 3), which, also, can help increase lucidity and can aid in dream sharing and astral projection (if you believe in such), plus it is a kick ass dreamscape .

LucidM!nds:
      When I enter a lucid, usually I do something to make use of all of my senses. Like, I keep a flavored candy in my mouth like a jolly rancher while listening to music or the sounds of the scenery. I run around to get my bloodflow going and to keep me aware....Among other things, but you know
      Kamikaze Spirit:
      I've had recently had a sudden burst of Lds and I have found that feeling things around you makes the dream immediatly become more vivid. I think that this also helps dream control
      These are perfect examples of a more complex ways of increasing clarity; using all the senses (taste, touch, hear, smell, and sight), focusing on a single object, just touching and feeling things, and those type clarity enhancers, which seem to work particularly well.

The "Placebos" and "Home-mades"

And lastly, there are the placebo home made remedies to unclear dreams. These include putting on your dream glasses, contacts, or just plain old changing your eyes. Hell, you can even find yourself a new head to put on. Ones I like are opening your third eye or combining all your eyes and make one SUPER EYE. But they may work for you, they may not. The best ways are your own.

To Sum It All Up...

*Note that if your dream is absolutely going to totally collapse, spinning around in circles like when you were a little kid will take you to a new dream...however lucidity may be lost.

That’s all, leave any advice, and thanks for helping me on my first tutorial!
      Last edited by Reality_is_a_Dream; 09-14-2008 at 01:34 AM.

By far, Mothra (in all of it's forms) is the worst kaiju of all time.

LD Count
      thou, yea?
      occupied east tennessee
      DJ Entries
      I'll definitely try to arouse all my senses in my next lucid dream. Usually I just focus on touch, but it seems that eating sweet candy while listening to music could help a lot.

Great tutorial by the way.

Massachusetts, USA
      Thanks, man! I don't remember who suggested that, I'll find the link one way or another.

Banned
      Oceanside.
      Reality awesome..!

Banned
      1: DILDs (This include DILD variants, such as MILD’s; dreams that require you to reality check)
      2: Natural lucid dreams (Ones where you enter the dream lucid, or do not need to reality check)
      3: WILDs (This includes DEILDs and other WBTBs)
      That part confuses me... any dream where you enter the dream lucid is a WILD. A WBTB isn't necessarily going to be a WILD, that just means that you woke up and went back to bed. It might not be an anything. But if you don't intentionally use a WILD technique it's probably going to be a DILD, if a lucid at all.
      Not all DILDs require a reality check.
      This needs to be sorted out lol

I'm not sure that you can make a rule about clarity, and the way one achieves lucidity. But either way it sounds like you are trying to rank them as:

1. DILDs in which you must RC to achieve lucidity.
      2. DILDs in which you simply realize that you are in a dream, without RCing.
      3. WILDs.

Also if you are going to be stressing that things are bullshit or placebo, you need to refrain from stating things like
      *Note that if your dream is absolutely going to totally collapse, spinning around in circles like when you were a little kid will take you to a new dream...however lucidity may be lost.
      as fact. Most of this site is not FACT, but successful anecdote. Almost everything we think we know about dreaming isn't fact. So unless there have been actual studies done and scientific proof and explanation, I'd be hesitant to state things that way.

Massachusetts, USA
      Thanks, Shift! I made a few edits to the things you mentioned and hope it turns out a little better. I understand that I really screwed up the list ... Here it goes!

Special thanks so Sandform, LucidM!nds, Shift, and Ninja for all their help!

Increasing Dream Clarity

By Reality_is_a_Dream

Intro

Clarity is one of the most important things in a dream, lucid or otherwise. I can’t even tell you of countless lucid dreams I lost to poor quality, and knew that it must happen to other people, and a Tutorial can’t be bad to make. Note this is my first tutorial and any advice is gladly accepted!

Ok, so here are the basic dream types, listed in order of least clear to most clear. I know this may not apply for everyone, but from what I found, it is generally true.
      2: DILDs that DO NOT require reality checks
      3: WILDs (This includes DEILDs and SOME other WBTBs)

Foods and Vitamins

There are also certain foods and vitamins that induce clarity and lucid dreams. The most common are apple juice, peanut butter, chocolate, anything with caffeine (it keeps your mind aware, get the connection?), B6 (more info: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=5668) , Vitamin E (more info: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=5668 ) and Melatonin (more info: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=3809 ) More information on foods that induce clarity here: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=5869.

Wake Back to Beds

These foods can be taken before bed or during a wake back to bed (WBTB), which is when you wake up in the night, usually after about 4-6 hours of sleep, do something that will affect your dreams, and go into a dream (lucid or otherwise). Some of the best foods that can be taken during the WBTB are energy drinks (Red Bull, Jolt, etc..) because they are rich in caffeine and the B vitamins, sports drinks (Gatorade, PowerAde) for the same reasons, and Reece’s Peanut butter Cups (Chocolate AND peanut butter!). The only reason I recommend these for a WBTB is they will usually keep you up and awake (which is the same reason why they help your dreams, lucid dreaming is just one big contradicting paradox). I was also told of another WBTB by a member, but I can’t find that thread, and if it is yours, PM me and I’ll edit this out. Here is what you do: You wake up, take a few deep breathes and just faint out. You will have really vivid and clear dreams. That’s all. From what I remember, almost everyone had amazing dreams after this, and I can not recommend it enough. You can also improve clarity and vividness by sleeping in a new setting; particularly on a hard surface (such as a hotel floor); it keeps your mind awake, and you go into less deep sleep (more info here : http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=62500).

Spiritual Clarity

And finally, there are the spiritual "spells and such" that work for dreams and clarity. I found that Jade is a general Dreaming Stone; and, when placed below the pillow, increases recall, lucidity, and best of all, clarity. From a tutorial by A Lost soul (Of Stones and Stuff", there is also Anglesite. (http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=1626)

Anglesite crystallizes as tabular crystals or as crystal masses and the colors can rang from white, colorless, pale green, pale yellow, or pale blue. It supposedly facilitates contact with entities beyond this waking realm of earth. It helps stabilize dreams and keeps one grounded when lucid. It’s a loving stone and it also allows for open communication with the spirit realm, bringing dreams forth.
      This part is still under construction and I could use help! I remember from somewhere that opium incense help with Dream clarity, can anyone call me on that? If you know of any gems, incense, oils, ect. that help with dreams, Tell Me Please! Thanks!

Dream "Tips and Tricks"

Well, now that I have covered what you can do in your waking state to improve dream clarity, let’s take a trip and learn of all the fun things you can do to improve vividness in your dreams!

Let us just establish a little background information before we move on. A lot of in-dream methods will only work you some people, a lot of them are placebos, and a lot are just plain old bullshit. I picked out the most common ones that worked out for the most people, and I hope these work for all the people that read these.

In the dream state, there are a lot of “tricks” that help with clarity and vividness. The best way is to just take a minute to take it all in; the scenery, the feeling, everything. But if this doesn’t work for you, or you want that “Extra Push”, here are all the other good ones. Rubbing your hands is the most common, getting in the habit of rubbing your hands together once you et lucid is a really good way to make your dreamscapes clearer. Spinning around also helps, as it helps if you feel yourself waking up, and is just as vital as rubbing your hands together in a lucid dream*. Another common tool used to increase clarity, vividness, control, and overall lucidity is simply yelling, “Increase Clarity/ Vividness/ Control/ Lucidity NOW!!!”. You can also pay a visit to the Lucid Crossroads (http://www.lucidcrossroads.co.uk/gettingus.htm start on this page and then go to description 1, then 2, then 3), which, also, can help increase lucidity and can aid in dream sharing and astral projection (if you believe in such), plus it is a kick ass dreamscape .

*Note that if your dream is absolutely going to totally collapse, you could try spinning around in circles like when you were a little kid. It will sometimes take you to a new dream, however lucidity can be lost.

LucidM!nds:
      When I enter a lucid, usually I do something to make use of all of my senses. Like, I keep a flavored candy in my mouth like a jolly rancher while listening to music or the sounds of the scenery. I run around to get my bloodflow going and to keep me aware....Among other things, but you know
      Kamikaze Spirit:
      I've had recently had a sudden burst of Lds and I have found that feeling things around you makes the dream immediatly become more vivid. I think that this also helps dream control
      These are perfect examples of a more complex ways of increasing clarity; using all the senses (taste, touch, hear, smell, and sight), focusing on a single object, just touching and feeling things, and those type clarity enhancers, which seem to work particularly well.

The "Placebos" and "Home-mades"

And lastly, there are the placebo home made remedies to unclear dreams. These include putting on your dream glasses, contacts, or just plain old changing your eyes. Hell, you can even find yourself a new head to put on. Ones I like are opening your third eye or combining all your eyes and make one SUPER EYE. But they may work for you, they may not. The best ways are your own.

To Sum It All Up...

That’s all, leave any advice, and thanks for helping me on my first tutorial!
      Last edited by Reality_is_a_Dream; 09-14-2008 at 10:15 PM.