• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      * DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Hi everyone! Long time no write!

I was able to do the first lucid task! (go me&#33

I was lucid and found myself in front of mowed field when I remembered the lucid tasks.

I decided that I needed some floweres to paint so I looked down and back up .. and there in front of me was a large square garden of wild flowers.. purple, red, blue and yellow.. all different types.

I'm not sure when the sketch pad and pencil appeared in my hands but there they were.

I'm definately no artist so, using the pencil, I just started making up and down squiggly lines. Somehow those squiggly lines began to resemble flowers and that simple lead pencil was drawing all the vibrant colors that I saw!

The dream then took a weird turn where I went into a room and saw Oprah. She was surrounded by bodyguards who wouldn't let me get close to her.. so I changed into a sweet little old lady and they let me get close enough to hug her. I say weird because I don't particularly like Oprah!

That's it for now!

Signed in today and saw my name in orange at the bottom of the screen. Never thought I'd say it but damn I look good in orange.

Lars: I still say your avatar is going to throw me into a seizure one night.

And then I'll fly to canada and steal your computer!
      <div align="center">

LD&#39;s: 3

Check out my website&#33;
      [link removed]
      </div>

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
      Lars: I still say your avatar is going to throw me into a seizure one night.

[/b]
      Yea I&#39;ve been thinking that too. He&#39;s got the freakiest avatar of all. I try not to look at it but I keep looking.

Congrats anyway on your LD. I like reading about the painting dreams, these have been really funny. I think I&#39;ll give up on becoming a cloud-eating giant and go for that.

It would be cool it you could keep something from a dream. The other night I was running in an LD and I thought I was probably getting a lot of exercise but I bet that didn&#39;t "transfer" either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
      I like that idea. The cloud idea is really cool, being a giant and all. Painting a landscape is cool too, but alas, it doesen&#39;t transfer to real life, so you don&#39;t get to keep it though if it were possible to physical paint on a real canvas while in a dream state, that would be awesome (but it&#39;s not possible).
      [/b]

USA
      Clairity&#33;&#33;&#33; Welcome back&#33;

I&#39;ve got the new badges uploaded, finally&#33; Thanks for being so patient.
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

LD Count
      i/0
      Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
      Clairity&#33;&#33;&#33; Welcome back&#33;

I&#39;ve got the new badges uploaded, finally&#33; Thanks for being so patient.
      [/b]
      oooo mines like... a cloud =D

PLEASE make sure that you contribute on the "Lucid Task Club" on the forum discussing next months task

( you neeed to of completed the task to get access to this forum&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;1&#33; )

I just did the task&#33; (as in literally just, I only woke up 20 minutes ago.)

Dream started in my house, walking from one room to another on my way upstairs. I became lucid because I noticed my headphones had fallen out of my pocket, bu music was still playing. But before I went catching clouds and making a fool of myself I needed to double check that I was dreaming, so I looked at my phone. Where the time should be, it said "9.00USD". "9 dollars? Yeah it&#39;s a dream"

I headed outside of my house, and remembered the lucid task. As I left the house I saw a few of my friends coming up the driveway, so I just said "watch this". I grew to about double my normal size and flew into the air to catch a cloud (which seemed to only be about 50ft up), I breathed it in and it condensed into water in the back of my throat. One of the friends had also managed to fly, and decided the clouds were so nice he would take them down for the rest of us. He lassooed it, and pulled it down and started selling chunks of cloud.

There was more after this but none of it task related, so I&#39;ll finish there.
      "What if all the world you think you know
      Is an elaborate dream?
      And if you look at your reflection
      Is it all you want it to be?"

Classified
      Quote Originally Posted by Bu5hman404 View Post
      He lassooed it, and pulled it down and started selling chunks of cloud.
      [/b]
      LOL Anyways, congrats, that&#39;s pretty cool. I really want to complete a task, but I&#39;m in a dry spell right now. I&#39;m wondering though, what method did you use?

pj
      10 October 2006 LUCID

I am napping in my shop office. I wake and get up, walking out into the shop. I&#39;m not feeling right... I&#39;m dizzy and feeling extremely heavy. I think that I should do an RC. I do, and it is a dream.

It has been so long since I&#39;ve had an LD that I stop and try to think what I&#39;d like to do. I decide to go home, so I fly through a window and head there, flying effortlessly. But where I end up isn&#39;t our home... it is a huge apartment, and nobody is home. I go inside and think that I should do something really fun. I remember the DV task of the month – to grow and suck in clouds. I also remembered reading about walking through mirrors many times and I want to try that too... walk through a mirror and end up outside where I can grow huge and suck in clouds. I look around the big apartment for a mirror and cannot find one.

It is my dream, so I go down the hallway to a room I decide will be all solid mirrors, walls and ceiling. I enter the room, and there is an odd, smiling DC there. He is young and annoying, thin,with blond curly hair, and is blocking me from walking through a mirrored wall into the outside world. I brush him aside and go through the mirror.

I press into it. It is springy and gives way easily. I merge through it into a beautiful grove of trees, like mulberry trees. It is bright and clear, with puffy pink clouds way above. I run through the grove and into an open area. The grove is in a garden-like park. I can see small town buildings around me, but now I&#39;m standing in a fairly open area. The annoying DC is there – he&#39;s followed me.

I decide it might be best to fly up and then grow in mid-air. I try several times to fly, each time getting a little bit off the ground before the DC grabs me and pulls me back. I decide to just inflate myself and get huge. I start sucking in all the air I can, and I grow, as the annoying DC shrinks away. The clouds are so far above me though&#33; I&#39;m plenty huge now – the buildings are just tiny things below me – so I decide to fly up to the clouds, which I very easily do. I go up until my head is right next to one of those beautiful pink sunset clouds and I easily suck it in. There is no taste at all, but it is refreshing and fun&#33;

I shrink back down to normal size and fly back to the apartment. (I&#39;m losing lucidity now.) As I approach, I hear my wife in the kitchen. I go inside, and she looks at me with complete astonishment. I try to kiss her and she pulls away, asking who I am. I tell her I am her husband, and I have a question for her... why do we have a room that is all mirrors? She seems genuinely puzzled by this question, so I lead her down the hall.

The room is now being guarded by two men. One is sitting by the wall, and the other is standing like a sentry, dressed like a security guard. He refuses to move, so I shove him away. He falls down, as my wife looks at me in astonishment. I again remember that I am dreaming and that these are all DCs and irrelevant, so I walk into the mirrored room.

I stand there and try to remember what the advanced task was, but I can&#39;t remember&#33; As I try to recall, I wake up. I&#39;m still in the weird apartment though. I go use the bathroom, then realize that it is a false awakening. I STILL can&#39;t remember the advance task though. Soon I wake up for real.

(It has been months since I&#39;ve had an LD. This was long and stable and a lot of fun, though it wasn&#39;t triggered by any recognized dream sign. I did finally remember the other task - painting a landscape - as I was driving back home. I really was napping in our shop office after a night of too little sleep. I now see that I did the advanced task&#33
      On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
      --Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.
      --Chinese Proverb

Raised Jdeadevil
      Raised and raised by Eligos
      Dream Journal
      The Fine Print: Unless otherwise stated, the views expressed are MINE.

Hey..first lucid you&#39;ve had in months and you do the advanced task right off&#33; And even with a hostile DC hanging around bothering you. Impressive&#33;

Well congratulations and thanks for the inspiration&#33; (Good idea to fly and then get big...)

teh center of the earth, with the rest of my fellow illuminati jews
      i did it

in my 4th luciddream ever, fro som ereason i coudl nto think of what to do. i coudlnt fly adn i already did the other things i had really wantes to do(super powers, sword fights, etc), soo i became a giant and ate al teh clouds. They tsated like frosted mini wheats(wtf). i then spit out the clouds but they came out as trees, and landed on peopel(not planned)
      *note*^ the above comment was not meant to be hurtful, nor insulting. It is just another of my cynnical observations of fact. If you happened to be offended by my logic, too bad.

one pill makes you larger
      one pill makes you small
      and the pill that your mother gave you
      doesn&#39;t do anything at all
      go ask alice,
      when shes ten feet tall

When they come for me i&#39;ll be sitting at my desk with a gun in my hand wearin a bullet proof vest
      singin my my my how the time does fly when yo know your gonna die by the end of the night

tai
      Got pretty close to completing the painting task in a DILD last night. I had my canvas and box of paints and I was walking around this really beautiful garden looking for a nice angle. I got distracted by a group of DCs at that point and kind of lost the thread.

I also tried the giant thing, and was quite surprised that I could make myself grow bigger (I could only do it to a point though).

Bit busy to work on dreaming at the moment, but will keep trying&#33; Well done to all who have completed the task&#33;

Sorta did the painting task in my 4th lucid on Wed night. Just got to the internet now to report my attempt.

I had a WBTB and woke up in the same room, except with Egyptian Mummy&#39;s bandages wrapped round my arms... triggering my lucidity. I try and pull them off, but they just stretch. I see the mirrors on the wall and decide to try a self portrait.
      I sit down, a 3 legged stool appearing under me in the mirror, then an easel appears before me. I pull out a pencil and start sketching a rudimentary picture of <span style="color:#3333FF">White Ninja, except with spirals around his arms. As I draw the lines mutate and start forming a tree behind the Ninja. At this point my sister appears and asks what I&#39;m doing. I tell her I&#39;m trying the lucid task, but that I&#39;m disapointed that my drawing is merely a dream and I won&#39;t have it in the physical world. She then (possibly to try and cheer me up) convinces me that I&#39;m awake, glancing at my picture more White Ninjas have appeared leaping and climbing in the sketched tree, my self is portrait quite grand (IMO) and he looks quite pleased. Here losing my lucidity and the dream looking all too real, I wandered away from my drawing.</span>

As a side note, I did regain lucidity later; I found a pair of binoculars playing a previous dream when I looked into them, with sound and everything
      This sig is composed entirely of recycled electrons.

Basic lucid tasks completed: Stop traffic, Draw/paint a self portrait/landscape, Swing into a body of water, Walk through fire, Watch TV.

Advanced: None

Banned
      well i have done it. i completed the lucid task. i attempted the advanced one first, but couldn&#39;t make myself giant.

here is a link to the section in my dream journal: the seventh paragraph

i tried to make a canvas for myself, but couldn&#39;t seem to get it. i didn&#39;t realized how much was really possible in a dream until now; so i made myself some paint brushes and painted myself a canvas in thin air. i was so excited until the paint started to drip and the cavas wasn&#39;t really a canvas any more. i figured i could paint on the dry erase board, but when i turned around there were already some people drawing on it. they seemed like they were having a really good time, and i didn&#39;t want to disrupt them so i imagine and canvas set up behind me, instead of in my hands behind my back. when i turned around i was overjoyed to see it sitting there, perfectly set up for me. i started to paint and only got about halfway done when i woke up.[/b]
      it felt pretty amazing lucid dreams pwn&#33;

OK, here is my extremely lame version of doing the lucid task, it&#39;s embarrassing it&#39;s so pathetic, but I really want a badge so I guess I&#39;ll post it. Seeker, I&#39;ll let you decide if I deserve a badge or not. If not, that&#39;s OK, I understand, I&#39;ll keep trying&#33;

DREAM: I am in a bad neighborhood, walking the street--LUCID&#33; (as usual I don&#39;t know what triggered it). I spend a short time being amazed, but I don&#39;t feel like I have any control at all, and I try to remember techniques for changing things. Then I think of the painting lucid task. I don&#39;t see a store or any place to get some paint. So I start going up to DC&#39;s, asking them if they have some paint I can borrow. I get the reaction that you would from people IRL, so I give up. I go into dark run-down parking garage. There is a man fixing a car that seems to be in a lot of pieces. I ask him if he has anything that I can draw on. He gives me a dirty scrap of paper and a worn down pencil from his pocket. I start trying to draw something, I figure a mountain by a lake with a sun in the sky qualifies as a landscape. So I scribble it on the paper, and I realize it is a pitiful example, not painted and not even in color. (somewhere in here I think I lose lucidity.) A mean looking guy comes and menaces me, telling me I better draw him a dirty picture. I draw an anatomic picture of the internal female genital tract, with a uterus, fallopian tube, and ovary, and I explain to him about the egg developing in the ovary, and start to draw the histology. He walks away, bored, and I wake up.

Wtf? Nah, just joking.

Why didn&#39;t you imagine that the picture started to automatically be filled with colour? And that dirty picture.... I don&#39;t wanna mention it.
      What is wrong with dogs?

First WILD on 6th of August, 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
      Wtf? Nah, just joking.

Why didn&#39;t you imagine that the picture started to automatically be filled with colour? And that dirty picture.... I don&#39;t wanna mention it.
      What is wrong with dogs?
      [/b]
      Well I was trying to do a good picture; just not very successfully&#33;

What do you mean, about dogs?

(Thanks Seeker&#33

italy
      DJ Entries
      i can&#39;t remember them even while awake, imagine in a dream
      Monkey Is BACK!

vapaa
      i almost did it or i might have done it i dont know. i had an 7th ld last night and thought about the painting task. so i decided to find a notebook. I found one on a shelf and used telekinisis to make it come to me i was about to draw my suroundings but went to my room to try and used my sisters jornal she was writing in to instead of the one i found she made a mistake on the date and wanted me to change the 4 to a 9. i tried drawing my room first but all i could scribble was a crude drawing of a house. i suck at drawing and even worse at painting so i gave up and tried to change the date. but then the dream faded. that was the first time i thought of doing the tasks though&#33;
      Total lucid dreams=88
      LD goal: Master WILD
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x156/freefire_2007/mee-1.jpg
      ^me

spam link removed
      ^that site is a great way to make extra cash.

Last night I had the first really long lucid dream I&#39;ve ever had&#33; I did a lot of things, and I even remembered to give the lucid task a try&#33; I&#39;m not sure I exactly succeeded, but here&#39;s how it went, anyway:

I was at home with my family, and I decided to give the task a try, so I went outside. It was night time. I flew up into the sky as high as I could, but I was kind of scared of being that high up&#33; Then I looked down at the ground and made myself as big as I could. I had to close my eyes because I was scared of the height, so I&#39;m not sure if I reached the clouds or not. They were pretty high up in the sky. Well, I tilted my head up and tried to suck in some clouds, and all I really felt was cold. Then I flew back down again, and back to my normal size.

Maybe that&#39;ll earn me some points
      -Janos

Whee&#33; Thanks for the badge&#33;
      -Janos

One night I was falling asleep and rather enjoying the increasingly vivid scenery that comes with dreams. All of a sudden, I remembered to look at my hands and remembered the lucid task for October. I instantly transported myself to the Lucid Crossroads (I didn&#39;t know what you meant by paint the scene so I went there just to be safe.) I started using broad strokes to paint the scene. I could imagine a painting I had done that was perfect, but when I tried to actually draw it, my lack of talent kicked in, and it was pretty sad. But I painted a sad representation stroke by stroke.

I can&#39;t believe I haven&#39;t sucked in clouds yet, it sounds so cool&#33;
      "A Purple Knight should definitely not have a fear of women. Many women would love to meet a Purple Knight."

Moonbeam

All but the beginner can see the faults of the beginner; no one but the master can see the faults of the master.

USA
      Congrats, you just made it&#33; Time is running out.....
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

England
      DJ Entries
      had had a dream last night that i was lucid and staring over a beautiful landscape, it looked like it was painted in watercolours, and i remembered before that i wanted to go to this place because of its beauty, so i bascially created the image of watercolours in my mind, and made my dream world paint it for me, then when i reached the place i made the landscape move to make it seem more real and interresting...

i know the task was to paint an image of your surroundings, and that is what i did, i made the image in my mind and painted it in the dream world, and in the dream world your mind is your surroundings...

so please say that i have completed the task...
      "Your unsuited for the rage of war so pack up, go home, your through.
      How could I, make a man, out of you!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast