• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Natural LDs with almost no technique

Hybrid View

wow this looks like the REAL holy grail of lucid dreaming if you can get it to work, i'm definatly trying it. I'll bet it would work even better if you gave your mind a reason to have an ld, like vitamin B6 or that new subliminal mp4

SKA
      Here, Now
      Yeah Confidence IS the key.

However the fear of failure born from past disappointing results needs to be conquered to illiminate the main barricade to lucidity.

One way of doing that is thinking of this:

Think of any accomplishments in the past that you have deemed impossible for a long logn time and then suddenly one day you found out it wasn't and it just happens to you:

My personal one would be:
      When I first started playing guitar I learned some very easy, basic chords of my dad. He then proceeded to learn me barre-chords in which you use your index finger to cover AND press all 6 strings of the guitar while youuse your remaining 3 fingers to hold the rest of the chord. When I first tried to play these kind of Chords I found my hand's muscles just wouldn't allow such a rediculous posture let alone allow me to actually play the individual notes on the chords with clear tone: it sounded muted and horrible instead. I thought:
      "MAN this is Impossible! I'm NEVER going to master this!"
      I was fully convinced it was practically impossible and that it would take me years and years to learn. But sure enough one day I found out barre-chords are not too hard at all and I got the hang of them pretty fast. It proved to be a MILLION times easier than I innitially THOUGHT it would be.

Another one would be:

In my teens I became heavily disappointed with the world and it's people and fell into a deep deep depression. I felt so completely messed up, beaten and down that I had no hope for a future being any better. I reasoned in a strange way, completely throwing perspective/relativation out of the window.
      I thought to myself:
      "This (all my miserable feelings about what happened) will never heal. I will never ever feel joyfull again after all of this"
      I was deadsure that life wasn't ever gunna get any better than the sucky state it was in at the time. This was all based on past experience of a pretty sad, long period in my life.

Sure enough one day I saw the beauty of life again and started smiling and I became the happy, joyfull, sunny person I used to be in my early childhood again. I looked back at the times where all hope had gone and only pure survival mode kept me going: I now laugh at how I was inable to relativate that that sucky period in my life was just a period and as with all periods it would pass to make way for another.

Maybe the latter case is more recognisable to more people here since almost everyone has had depression to some degree where they felt hopeless, helpless and believed that things could never be "right" ever again. And when life made them smile again they saw that this though was an illusion.

Now look at those 2 examples and think of some of your own from your experience:

We THOUGHT it was impossible, yet one day we found ourselves accomplishing what we formerly believed to be impossible thereby busting the illusion.
      Now Just that same way: The thought that reaching lucidity TONIGHT seems just as impossible, but past situations of accomplishments show that this is merely an illusion. Knowing that many things in life seem impossible when later on they turn out not to be impossible at all when you accomplish them, you should, logically, have more confidence about your Lucid Endeavors shouldn't you? That doubt is doubt you've seen before and also personally proved WRONG before.

Now what are you waiting for.

Now if you wanna get a good insight into how the whole Confidence/Capability thing works I really recommend you to read the following example:
      You know the fear of failure is often far, far greater than the actual risk of failure. This is a little example that shows you how fear can make a task that is actually oh so easy seem near or completely impossible:

Take an iron beam, 15 meters in length and only a foot and a half broad, and place it with both ends on the rooftops of 2 skyscrapers each 10 meters apart. The gap the beam bridges is a terrifying 30 meter chasm.

Now you walk the beam, from one rooftop to the other, having to walk over that grizzly 30 meter chasm below you. I BET you have ALOT of trouble walking that beam straight and get off balance many times and, scared shitless, try to cross the beam with great trouble. You'll probably be crawling since keeping balance seems rediculously hard. The Truth is this is all a bold mind-illusion, because it ISN'T.

Here's why it ISN'T at all that hard, but you just THINK it is. Actually it's a piece of Cake: Put that same iron beam on the ground and try walking from one end to the other trying not to fall of. I BET it's EASY for ya. See what I'm getting at? The risks of loosing balance and falling off wasn't any greater when you tried to cross the bar bridging a 30 meter deep gap, but that risk sure SEEMED alot greater .

Confidence is once again the Key.
      We need to discuss this more and more and then I reckon that this Topic could and should become a Great Tutorial that would be of great help to Lucid dreamers. Way to go! great Topic.
      Last edited by SKA; 07-18-2007 at 01:07 AM.
      hallahill likes this.
      Luminous Spacious Dream Masters That Holographically Communicate
      among other teachers taught me

not to overestimate the Value of our Concrete Knowledge;"Common sense"/Rationality,
      for doing so would make us Blind for the unimaginable, unparalleled Capacity of and Wisdom contained within our Felt Knowledge;Subconscious Intuition.

This topic should be stickied.
      I have learned so much from this topic alone than I have in most years of my life.

Haha. Hehe. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      New Zea-la-land
      Yeah I definitely think it should go on the tutorials page or something, I mean just look at how many people are successful with it.

wow, im excited to try this...but im not trying to rain on parades...i would have called this a mild...without the wbtb?

cuz you sort of impose LD thoughts on your self and the confidence that follows? and I know that works..cuz when mild works for me...i expect not hope for lucidity.

i will try this too, goodlukc everyone

Quality LD's: 16