• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
      * DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA

The Gecko Mutation (non-lucid - 09/13/08)

I am in a house with two friends (who I really don't know in real life and whose names I can't recall) so I'll just call them Anne and Beth.

Anne and I are in the kitchen. She is cooking and asks me to get something out of the refrigerator. I open the door and emit a small scream when a gecko falls to the floor as the door swings open. It is no more than 4 inches long and reminds me of the ones I had seen in my backyard occasionally.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...7eaa51f35a.jpg

I laugh once I realize what it is as I know that they are harmless but Anne doesn't see the humor and nervously asks me where did it go?!

We search the kitchen but can't find it. I say that I'll go check the living room and when I turn the corner I see this at the patio door and coming towards me! It is at least 8 feet long and easily over 150 pounds!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...c41856a50e.jpg

It doesn't seem aggressive.. more curious. It slowly comes towards me and I get the sense that it likes me.. sortof like a big puppy.

I back my way into a nearby bedroom with it following close behind me! This bedroom has two doors.. one that goes to a hallway off the living room and the other that opens up to the kitchen. As it enters the bedroom after me, I go out the door to the kitchen and slam the door behind me!

I yell to Anne that there is a Komodo Dragon in the house and she tells me to stop kidding around. But one look at my face tells her that I'm serious. She turns off the stove and whispers more to herself than to me, "I wonder if there are any more?"

I tell her that he seemed harmless but that I'll go on my computer to see if they eat people/meat. I then say that my laptop is downstairs and that she will need to keep watch.. I've shut one Komodo in the bedroom but I don't know how long he'll stay in there or if there are others or where they might be.

I open the basement door and look down the darkened stairs and am surprised to see my laptop near the top of the stairs on the ledge of the 3rd step. I reach for it but find that it is still plugged in to the socket downstairs!

I start to jiggle and swing the cord trying to free the plug when I hear scratching on the stairs and see a Komodo coming up them quickly towards me!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...a2e7c05709.jpg

I frantically start jerking on the cord almost losing my balance and dropping the laptop. The Komodo reaches me just as the plug breaks free! I freeze for a second as he sniffs at me and then gently nudges my foot with his nose. I snap back to my senses and then break free, running up the two steps with the laptop in my arms, the cord dragging behind me.

I run towards Anne screaming that there's another one in the basement!

She says to follow her and she leads me to the garage. There are two cars there and I see that Beth is already inside one.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...-in-garage.jpg

Anne jumps in the car with Beth and slams the door behind her locking it! I am still outside the car and frantically yank on the door handle, screaming at her what about me?!

I suddenly am grabbed from behind and pulled into the other car! I spin around and see that another friend Greg is the one who grabbed me! I shakily ask him, "Where did you come from? What are you doing here?"

Greg looks around the garage and then turns towards me saying, "There is money to be made and that's why I'm here. I'm a part of what is going on in this house. You weren't in any danger as the Komodos are harmless but the other thing in the house is not."

My alarm goes off..

Last edited by Clairity; 10-13-2008 at 04:58 PM.

Wales
      Weird sudden reference to "the other thing" at the end there.
      Apachama: Noun. Slimey things made of dust.

"Everything is beautiful"

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by apachama View Post
      Weird sudden reference to "the other thing" at the end there.
      I know! I love how my dreams often times end as "cliff hangers" or "to be continueds".. but I never have the continuation dream.

USA

Welcome Back to OZ (non-lucid - 09/16/08)

I should preface this dream by stating that I love the HBO TV series "OZ" (http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2476671257/) and it is back on in reruns and I've started watching it again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am male in this dream and I find myself back in OZ prison.

I can't believe I'm back inside.

Questions flood my mind. How long had I been in before? How long had I been out and why am I back? I find to my bewilderment that I can't come up with any answers. My past crimes for some reason are unrecallable.

I see familiar faces as I pass by the cons.. those who had been friends, enemies.. lovers.

Some ignore me while others simply pretend not to know me.

I am not sure how to act. Do I speak, confront or lay low til I figure things out?

I go to my cell and see it's the same one I had before. I stand inside it for a minute until it becomes too "close" and I step back outside it.

An inmate who used to make my life a living hell approaches and says the wrong thing to me.. to everyone's surprise, I lay him out with a couple of punches.

They had no way of knowing that I had prepared myself physically should I have to come back to OZ.

The other inmates now look at me with a newfound respect and keep their distance.

The dream ends..

Last edited by Clairity; 09-18-2008 at 08:18 PM.

USA

The Cell Call (non-lucid - 09/21/08)

I had many dreams this morning (at least 5) but this one stayed with me the longest.

I am in my car and driving down the highway when I realize that I've missed my exit!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...9f11a0d8e8.jpg

I quickly merge over the two lanes and cross the median to get on the right highway.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...2008/lanes.jpg

I drive further down the highway and see lots of broken glass.. evidently I just missed seeing (or being involved in) a car accident.

I veer around the glass and look in my rearview mirror to see a woman in a blue car coming up on me fast and I think to myself that she's going too fast to see the glass!

At the very last second she swerves into the next lane narrowly missing the car already occupying that lane. That car swerves in turn and crashes into the car next to it sending that car into a spin.

I am now somehow present in spirit with the woman in the blue car. She looks behind her and sees the devastation that her sudden lane change has caused, but instead of guilt.. she feels only happy that she's not a part of it all.

She gets on her cell phone and calls her mother to tell her about her close call and to warn her to stay off the highway.

Her mother answers her cell and looks up just in time to see a car coming out of a spin, driving the wrong way on the freeway and heading straight for her!

The daughter hears her mother say, "Hello?" then "OH MY GOD!!!" She then hears a terrified scream, the deafening sound of squealing tires, crunching metal and the lone loud sound of a stuck car horn.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...ad0c201b09.jpg

The dream ends..

Last edited by Clairity; 12-02-2008 at 04:43 PM.

USA

The Cross Dresser (non-lucid - 10/04/08)

I'm in a mall and go into a women's clothing store. As I approach the racks of skirts, I realize that I have changed from female to male. Even tho I'm dressed as a female, I am very obviously male. I am Puerto Rican, slightly thick in build and have a buzz haircut.

As I look through the rack, I hear some men mocking me. A saleswoman comes over to me and tells them to leave me alone or leave the store. She has sympathy (or empathy) in her eyes and she hands me a couple of dresses to go along with the two paisley skirts I have in my hands.

She shows me to the women's dressing room and doesn't hesitate to let me go in.

As I try on a skirt, I feel myself getting a "hard-on"! It is VERY obvious as the front of my skirt is now sticking out like a small tent!!

I hit at it with my hand trying to make it go down.. as I don't think it would be a good idea to jack off in the dressing room.

The saleswoman talks to me through the curtain asking me to come out and show her how the dresses look.

I frantically swat at my "manhood" trying to deflate it but it won't go away.

The men who taunted me in the store are also outside the dressing room area and somehow they know of my "predicament" and start to make disgusted comments when I wake up..

USA

The Missing Links (non-lucid 10/12/08)

After having basically NO recall for 21 days.. I was happy to have the following vivid (yet disturbing) dream:

I am a teenager again and am at the house I grew up in. In this dream, we had a chainlink fence around our backyard (not a wooden privacy fence).. the chainlink fence was around the entire house. In fact all the houses had chainlink fences surrounding them.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q.../200221074.jpg

I am in the backyard with my younger sister playing with my two small dogs.. two Bichons.. Brianna and Bailey (they are sisters/littermates).

A girlfriend comes over bringing her two dogs to play with mine and we watch them happily run around the yard. When they venture into the frontyard.. we aren't concerned as we know there is no way they can get out due to the chainlink fencing.

We are talking/catching up when we realize that we don't hear them barking anymore.

When we go around to the front of the house to check on them we discover that the entire fence from the front of the house is missing.. and so are our dogs!!

A sinking feeling hits me and takes my breath away. I feel panic rising up from my gut and I start screaming their names!

I grab their leashes from the garage and my friend and I take off in one direction while my sister goes off in the other.

As we go down the street, I notice that the chainlink fences are gone from the front of every house on the block and I wonder how that could have happened without our hearing it or being told that it was going to happen.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...2d58939a-1.jpg

I hear my voice come echoing back to me as I scream "Bailey!" "Brianna!" It sounds eerily empty, lonely.. and helpless..

At times I can hear my sister's voice in the distance.. sounding just as desperate, but growing fainter as we walk.

People in their yards would look up as we yelled but no one offered any help nor answers.

I kept straining to hear a bark of recognition to my voice or to see a dog sprinting towards us but it never happened.

We went down another block and a teenage boy outside his house hears us and walks over saying that they found some white dogs but to be prepared because they're hurt pretty bad.

My heart is pounding wildly as we follow him into his backyard and find his father standing among many wire pens.

It dawns on me that these are puppymill breeders and I'm instantly uneasy. The boy leads us to a dirty pen and I see two small once white dogs inside. They are coated in dry blood and appear to have been attacked by other dogs.

A mixture of shock, pity and relief runs through me as I whisper, "They're not our dogs."

His father asks us if we want them and I thank him but say that we have to keep looking.

Strangely, at the beginning of the dream Brianna was young.. but now as the dream draws towards its end.. she becomes her true age of 18 years old in my mind and I am really frightened for her as she is nearly blind and almost deaf. She won't hear nor see a car coming at her..

After circling the block with no sign of our dogs.. We head back to my house.

I have never felt so helpless nor so scared. I am also full of guilt because my friend has lost her dogs while visiting my house.

My sister is already inside the house and we find my dad sitting on the couch reading the newspaper. I tell my dad that we have to do something and my sister says that we could put an ad in the paper about our dogs being lost! I think that's a great idea but my dad doesn't for some reason.

Somehow it comes to me that the reason for my dad's lack of enthusiasm is because of the cost of the ad. I grab my purse, take out my billfold and press some crumpled bills into his hand. I say half pleadingly/half disgustedly, "That's all the money I have.. please HELP me!"

My mom looks over at my dad and he reluctantly agrees.

The dream ends.. but somehow I come to know that the fences were removed due to re-zoning.

NOTE: Bailey (the runt of the litter) died about 4 years ago. I wish I had been aware that I was dreaming.. it would have been nice to fully appreciate seeing her again.

Last edited by Clairity; 12-02-2008 at 04:43 PM.

USA

The Red Light (non-lucid 10/15/08)

I am driving down a busy highway and get off just in time to hit a red light.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...ic_light-1.jpg

I am the first car in the center lane of a three lane street and there are cars behind and beside me.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...3951296177.jpg

A cop appears at my window, pulls out his pad and states that he's trying to figure out who to give the ticket to.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...ad0bf6dc-1.jpg

I realize then that we all must have been speeding on the freeway! A lady cop drives up, gets out of her car

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...b11a6dae-1.jpg

and starts collecting our vehicle registrations.

The male cop pauses, looks over at all the cars and then tells us to have a good safe day, hands us back our licenses while the female cop returns our registrations.

I send up a silent "thank you" to the heavens for dodging that bullet and drive on a little further and then park in front of a dress boutique.

I go to the glass door and pull.. but it appears to be stuck! I pull and yank harder, the door swings free and I faintly hear an alarm going off.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...potlight-1.jpg

As I walk inside, there is a red glass box on the ceiling that is blinking and the alarm can now be heard MUCH louder.

I think, "oh shit!", turn and open the door to leave.

People on the sidewalk stop to look at me and a woman comes from the back of the store and tells me not to go anywhere because the police are on their way!!

I attempt desperately to explain to her that I wasn't trying to break in.. just as the same female cop from the traffic stop arrives at the boutique.

Last edited by Clairity; 12-02-2008 at 04:44 PM.

USA

The Betrayal (non-lucid - 12/01/08)

I am in a small living room and an old woman is seated at a table sofly crying. She was in the hospital and has just come home to find that she has been robbed and all her precious things are gone. She is most upset about the loss of her pictures that she kept in a small box.

The scene changes and I am now somehow in a tree house where I spot a small wooden box on a table.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...x-closed-1.jpg

I open the box and it is full of old pictures and snapshots. As I am looking at them a girl I know appears at the doorway of the tree house and I tell her that I found the old woman's pics and that a girl (whose name I can't recall but that I'll call Emily) must have taken them (I don't know how I knew Emily took them but she did in fact do it). I recognize one of the snapshots and I tell the girl to tell the old woman that I would return her pictures to her shortly.

I look at the snapshot in my hand once more and it is a black and white picture of a pretty young woman. I decide that I will return this picture personally and suddenly find myself in front of a house. I knock, am let in and walk over to a dining room table. I set the picture face up on a dinner plate and back away to a corner of the room.

The dinner plate belongs to a young man who is being treated for some illness (for some reason cancer comes to me). He walks into the room without noticing me. I see that he is pale and painfully thin as he sits down at the table. He blinks hard and gently with trembling fingers lifts the picture to get a better look. Tears fill his eyes as he looks around the room at everyone present and sofly says, "Thank you.." Somehow I know that this was a picture of his wife who has passed on.

I leave to go back to the old woman's home to return the rest of the pictures.

As I am walking up the front steps, the old woman throws open the door. She confronts me screaming calling me a "thief"! I look past her and see my "accuser" watching from inside the house. I glare at the girl from the tree house and angrily ask her how she could tell her it was me when she knew that Emily had taken the pictures?!?

The girl stares back at me and it is then that I see the jealousy mixed with hatred in her eyes.. and I know that she has every intention of riding out her lie.

The dream ends..

Last edited by Clairity; 01-12-2009 at 09:00 PM.

USA

The Warning (non-lucid - 12/03/08)

I am in a backyard with some friends. I'm a young boy around 9 years old and I live here in a group home for troubled boys. My friends and I are standing and looking at a fence at the corner of the house.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...yOutside-1.jpg

I see the adult male who supervises us coming over to see what we're up to. I ask him in the sincerest voice I can muster if we can add a bar to the fence so that we can climb it to reach the tree on the other side and be able to drop into the yard next door. I say that it will be great for safety.

A couple of teenage boys laugh at me and say it's a stupid idea.. but another young boy agrees with me as I explain that if a dog was coming you could climb to safety!

To my surprise the man says that he will do it! He also smiles and says that he's thinking of putting a small statue in the corner of the yard.. something like the Statue of Liberty. The young boy who agreed with me cries out in excitement and the man laughs and says, "The Statue of Liberty it is!"

The scene changes and it is now the middle of the night and I am no longer the young boy but am simply an observer of what's taking place.

The young boy runs into the darkened bedroom of one of the teenage boys who had laughed at him. He stops at his bed shaking him stating that there is someone in the house trying to get him! The older boy barely acknowledges him and tells him to stop being stupid, that he was probably dreaming and to go back to bed.

The boy tries once again to convince him that he is in danger but the teen is now angry and tells him to go back to bed and rolls over.. turning his back on the frightened boy.

The scene changes once again and it is now the next day. It is light out and men are scouring the woods looking for a lost boy.. believed to have been kidnapped in the night.

A man cries out, "Over here!" and all run to a thick grove of trees and underbrush.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...4a3dfa8a-1.jpg

They push aside the leaves and brush and find a body twisted.. eyes looking upwards.

It is the teenage boy.

The dream ends...

Last edited by Clairity; 01-12-2009 at 09:01 PM.

USA

The Chainsaw (non-lucid - 01/06/09)

My boyfriend and I are teenagers and are running from members of a cult and one of the men has a chainsaw.

My boyfriend has been looking after me and I realize that I have a mild case of retardation as my mouth has a very slight downward turn on one side.

We end up cornered in a warehouse with others who have run from the cult. One by one the man with the chainsaw selects someone and cuts them down in front of us.

When the man comes for me, my boyfriend pushes me behind him and pleads that he spare me, saying, "She's not right.. look at her mouth!"

The man reaches around and grabs my face roughly with his hand, turns it from side to side and says, "Oh yeah.. I see it.. her mouth."

My boyfriend remains still slightly in front of me, protecting me..

The man releases my face, looks to my boyfriend and says, "You said you wanted to become one of us".. and hands him the chainsaw.

My boyfriend takes the chainsaw and turns to face me..

The realization that I am about to die (and by whose hand) rushes cold through me. I start to run and my boyfriend gives chase. I hear the sound of the chainsaw coming close behind me.. the sound echoing hugely in the warehouse. In my panic, I trip over something.. and feel the blade bounce once and then rip deeply into my back. I let out an agonizing scream and roll over instinctively putting up my hands to protect myself.. only to have the blade cut off the tips of my fingers on my right hand.

I am hysterically screaming, crying and begging my boyfriend to please stop. I see in his eyes that he gets no pleasure in what he's doing.. perhaps he has no choice.. perhaps he is saving me from something much worse..

The scene changes and I can't tell if hours, days or months have passed.

I am sitting in a room and a group of children come in. A little girl comes up to me and begins to sweetly stroke my hair. A man from the cult comes up and snaps at her to get away from me. She looks up at him and he says, "She knows."

The little girl replies sadly, "She doesn't know anything".. and I begin to softly sob, tears rolling down my cheeks.

The dream ends..

USA

February Basic Lucid Task (lucid - 02/07/09)

I actually had my first lucid dream in two months thanks to my determination to do a task involving me!

Sadly it wasn't as epic as I'd have liked but I did accomplish the basic task.

I got up at 7:30 am, let the dogs out and went back to bed. I lay there doing affirmations and letting my mind wander but making sure that I remind myself that I want to recognize that I'm dreaming. I started to feel/hear the sensations that let me know that the WILD process has started. I slowed my breathing and rode the sensation until I found myself in a dream scene.

It was strange but the dream was very overcast. I saw some people walking by but their faces were blurred.. like a photograph where someone had taken their finger and smudged just the faces.

I couldn't understand why I couldn't make their faces clearer. I remembered the task and decided to just hug myself so I wrapped my arms around my body and gave a reassuring squeeze!

I then recalled that I had put on a sleep mask when I went back to bed. In the dream I removed the mask and the scene brightened! I notice some beautifully colored birds in a tree and I actually had a conversation with one of them tho I can't remember what was said.

The dream was pretty uneventful and I woke up soon after that but I did end my lucid dry spell so I'm very grateful to have had it!

England
      Wow, what a really weird yet very interesting Lucid Dream. Blurred faces is the last thing i want to encounter in an LD. lol!
      Lucid Dreams: 2
      Tasks:
      Morph into an animal [ ]
      Rip a hole in the sky [ ]
      Fly [X]
      Telekinesis [X]
      Meet my Dream Guide [ ]

The Vortex Of Lucidity (My Dream Journal)

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by dreamvortex123 View Post
      Blurred faces is the last thing i want to encounter in an LD. lol!
      Yeah.. it was really frustrating for a few minutes!

Hi, i just wanted to say that you have inspired me to start LDing lol. I am going to college to become a dream psychologist and this definitely helped me to know what field of dreams I want to study. I do have some questions though. I tried to LD last night by using your technique, but was unsuccessful. Last night was the first time I had ever tried to LD. You say that a person has to keep perfectly still but I kept jerking. How can I stop this? I tried listening to the subliminal lucid recording but it didn't help either. what am I doing wrong? Thanks

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by ccaste01 View Post
      Hi, i just wanted to say that you have inspired me to start LDing lol. I am going to college to become a dream psychologist and this definitely helped me to know what field of dreams I want to study.
      ccaste01, what a sweet thing to say!

I do have some questions though. I tried to LD last night by using your technique, but was unsuccessful. Last night was the first time I had ever tried to LD. You say that a person has to keep perfectly still but I kept jerking. How can I stop this? I tried listening to the subliminal lucid recording but it didn't help either. what am I doing wrong? Thanks
      It's hard to say why you keep jerking. Are you fully relaxed? Did you do WBTB (say wake up at 3 am) and try to WILD? Did you try just breathing deeply while counting? What exactly did you do?

I can tell you that it's rare that a person succeeds the FIRST time they try to WILD.. it takes some trial and error to finally get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairity View Post
      ccaste01, what a sweet thing to say!

It's hard to say why you keep jerking. Are you fully relaxed? Did you do WBTB (say wake up at 3 am) and try to WILD? Did you try just breathing deeply while counting? What exactly did you do?

I can tell you that it's rare that a person succeeds the FIRST time they try to WILD.. it takes some trial and error to finally get it right.

Well I went straight into WILD, I didn't try WBTB, but I will tonight. I use your wild technique and I count my breaths while breathing slow and deeply. I am mostly relaxed but I have never layed with my body flat on the bed with my arms at my side, which is probably why I am not completely relaxed. Does it matter which way I lay in bed?

USA
      I am mostly relaxed but I have never layed with my body flat on the bed with my arms at my side, which is probably why I am not completely relaxed. Does it matter which way I lay in bed?
      If you find it difficult to relax and fall asleep on your back with your arms at your side.. then lay in any position in which you can relax yet still maintain your focus to WILD.

I have started my own DJ, its the link below. Could you read it for me?

USA
      I have started my own DJ, its the link below. Could you read it for me?
      I will.

LD Count
      Prospit
      DJ Entries
      *poke* How are you?

"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" - Sloth Demon, Dragon Age: Origins mage origin

[Dream Log @ Tumblr]

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Keitorin View Post
      *poke* How are you?
      LOL!! I'm good.. how are you? ..

LD Count
      Prospit
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Clairity View Post
      LOL!! I'm good.. how are you? ..
      I'm doing really well~ Having nice recall (due partly to waking up from bad sleep and partly from motivation).

Just thought I'd drop you a line since you haven't posted in a bit!

OMG, that hug is adorable.

"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" - Sloth Demon, Dragon Age: Origins mage origin

[Dream Log @ Tumblr]

I don't know, but it's cold
      I have a feeling that a lot of your dreams would make good inspirations for books... Do you enjoy writing any?

Quote Originally Posted by Portalboat View Post
      So, that means you'll have boobs bigger then all of theirs combined? Because all of them have pretty big boobs
      Quote Originally Posted by Mario92 View Post
      Now that I'm done shrieking like a little girl, this sounds like fun.

USA
      I'm doing really well~ Having nice recall (due partly to waking up from bad sleep and partly from motivation).
      I envy you your recall! I now seem to only strongly recall the last minutes before I wake up (losing the beginning and middle of my dreams). I end up with ending dream fragments which is why I haven't posted my dreams in a while.

Just thought I'd drop you a line since you haven't posted in a bit!
      Well that's sweet of you!

OMG, that hug is adorable.
      Thanks.. and it's actually named after me!

Quote Originally Posted by What??Me?? View Post
      I have a feeling that a lot of your dreams would make good inspirations for books... Do you enjoy writing any?
      I love to write and actually did write a couple of short stories years ago.. but the only writing I do now are my dreams (or stories written only in my head).

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast