• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

In front of my PC

Insomnia!!!!!!!!!!

Please anyone who knows a method on how to avoid insomnia please tell me. For the love of god I had an exam today at 6AM and guess when I could finally sleep? AROUND 3!!!!! Please I really need help with this( I know that stress somehow makes it difficult to get some sleep but there must be some way to stop this)
      Back in black!

I suggest waking up early after a night of distressing insomnia, use an alarm to do this, when you wake up don't just turn the alarm off, get up. Go through the day as normal, tired as you may be, but get yourself to bed earlier, you'll want to go bed earlier on this day as you'll already be lacking sleep. Then wake up early the day after, preferably the same time you set the alarm the first time, then you should be able to get to bed early on that day also, and so on so forth untill it becomes normal.
      ---

Undisclosed location

Sleepy time

Originally posted by baronbrocoli
      Please anyone who knows a method on how to avoid insomnia please tell me. For the love of god I had an exam today at 6AM and guess when I could finally sleep? AROUND 3!!!!! Please I really need help with this( I know that stress somehow makes it difficult to get some sleep but there must be some way to stop this)
      Hopefully I have provided you with a solution via PM. I can only doll out what I know, but may not be able to relate.
      But there are other members who may share the same thing with you that I cannot.

I do not think I mentioned meditative techniques that may be beneficial.
      Also try not to create a work like atmosphere in the place you sleep.
      Create a soothing atmosphere for your place of sleep. Colors, candles, quit and tranquil.

Good luck & welcome too!

In front of my PC
      I'll definetly try this sometime thx for the advice. Woops about the work environment in sleeping places

P.D. There's a bunch of drunk people singing together downstairs(do an RC lol)
      Back in black!

Hello

Hello,

Here are some tips to get relief from insomnia, hope this helps you out from insomnia.

Avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol late in the day. Caffeine and nicotine are stimulants and can keep you from falling asleep. Alcohol can cause waking in the night and interferes with sleep quality.

Get regular exercise. Try not to exercise close to bedtime because it may stimulate you and make it hard to fall asleep. Experts suggest not exercising for three hours before the time you go to sleep.

Don't eat a heavy meal late in the day. A light snack before bedtime, however, may help you sleep.

If you find yourself lying awake worrying about things, try making a to-do list before you go to bed. This may help you to not focus on those worries overnight.

Make your sleeping place comfortable. Be sure that it is dark, quiet, and not too warm or too cold. If light is a problem, try a sleeping mask. If noise is a problem, try earplugs, a fan, or a "white noise" machine to cover up the sounds.

Try to go to sleep at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning. Try not to take naps during the day because naps may make you less sleepy at night.

Follow a routine to help you relax before sleep. Read a book, listen to music, or take a bath.

Avoid using your bed for anything other than sleep or sex.

If you can't fall asleep and don't feel drowsy, get up and read or do something that is not overly stimulating until you feel sleepy.

Regards,
      chris

L'enfant terrible Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Somewhere inbetween a dream and a nightmare
      DJ Entries
      lmao, quintuple post o.O Well if I cant sleep, I try doing something active, then try going back to bed again to see if I can sleep! It doesnt help me if I just lie there willing to sleep, cause then I sleep even less XD
      Bring back images in the signature bar

Undisclosed location
      Originally posted by Wolffe
      lmao, quintuple post o.O Well if I cant sleep, I try doing something active, then try going back to bed again to see if I can sleep! It doesnt help me if I just lie there willing to sleep, cause then I sleep even less XD
      Yaaa he will never get to sleep if he reads the same post ten times.

Originally posted by Wolffe
      That's kinda a stupid method, since energy breeds energy. The only possible way this would work is if you drained yourself to exhaustion, i mean wanting to drop and die, not being able to move anymore.

This method is supposed to be done throughout the day, get exercise and stimulation throughout the day, and you'll slowly wear yourself down, obviously theres too much energy to wear down all in one go, it'll just make you more awake and alert.

I still just recommend my advice earlier, alot of people slightly exagerate their insomnia, and just have a messed up body clock, by this i mean they've adjusted to going bed late. Anyways, just read my post it'll get you back fine. Also another thing to remember is try not to lie or even sit on your bed, as you should associate your bed with sleep only, then once you get there it'll be so comfy like you never get to sleep.

-Sh2DaK-
      ---

In front of my PC
      Oh man last night I finally got to rest before my science exam. I just took a hot shower before bed, I had a cup of tea and when I finally got into my bed I did the 61pt relaxation thing then next thing I knew my stupid alarm woke me up killing recall Anyway I don't exercice very often as I don't find the time to do so but I'm about to start a daily exercise routine. I hope this will help me sleep easier.
      Back in black!

Amateur WILDer
      If you're in college, I totally now what you are going through. For me, the worst was about a week before the exam, I was not falling asleep until 4-5AM. The last exam which I had a few days ago, me and a friend pulled an all-nighter (since the exam was at 7AM anyway), and that's helped my sleep cycle a bit. I'm now back to at about 1AM, though I'm working on getting it down to 11PM-12AM. I got about a week to do so before I start working.

Focus on your heart rate and breathing. Unless you're trying to do WILD, clear your mind of any cognitive thought other than the passive desire to lower the rate of both (heart & breath). Once you have both rates low enough your body will do the rest naturally

Most people don't realize this but you can't "think" yourself to sleep, it's a paradox. You have to let yourself fall out of consciousness. Of course you also need to avoid any stimulants and other obstacles.
      If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is: Infinite. ---William Blake

maybe try a light carbohydrate meal before bed, e.g. a baked potato. its supposed to release serotonin.

In front of my PC
      I've seen that stress and excitement just give me insomnia (even if i'm tired)
      For example, last night I was very much excited about doing the FILD technique (which produced two lucids the night before) I got in bed at about 11 but didn't manage to sleep until 2 in the morning Anyway I did get to do the technique but I had to wake myself too much to turn off my alarm clock. Result: NO LUCIDS
      Back in black!