• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By SKA

Thread: Ritalin/add/adhd

Well, I've been diagnosed with ADHD about 2 months ago, and since then my dry spell has ended. When I noticed my dosage was far too low (20 mg LA+10 mg IR), I was boosted to 30 mg LA 2 days ago. Both of the nights after that I've had LDs, one of which a WBTB. Anyone know how having ADD/ADHD can affect lucid dreaming, and how stimulant treatment then increases chance of lucids? (note: This was not the placebo effect, I did not expect, nor take with the awareness that, ritalin could increase chances of lucid dreaming.)
      LDs: loads and counting

LD Goal: A fine single malt scotch and a fine cuban cigar (accomplished, but need to do it more)

I *AM* Glyphs! Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      UCT or home - depends what time you catch me :P
      Quote Originally Posted by Keurslager View Post
      Well, I've been diagnosed with ADHD about 2 months ago, and since then my dry spell has ended. When I noticed my dosage was far too low (20 mg LA+10 mg IR), I was boosted to 30 mg LA 2 days ago. Both of the nights after that I've had LDs, one of which a WBTB. Anyone know how having ADD/ADHD can affect lucid dreaming, and how stimulant treatment then increases chance of lucids? (note: This was not the placebo effect, I did not expect, nor take with the awareness that, ritalin could increase chances of lucid dreaming.)
      [/b]
      I'm afraid not. I also had Adha, but overcame it. During the time I had it, I took ritalin, and it didn't effect my dreams at all.
      "There are people who say there is no God, but what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views." ~Albert Einstein

Ask meWay BackYour SoulMy Dream Story (Chapter two UP!) •

Eau Claire, WI
      i was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD/Anxiety i overcame my ADHD, i still have ADD/Anxiety..I have LD's just like any other person, but im not trying to have them, i just let them happen.
      LD Count: 300 since 2005, average 40 LDs a yr
      Last LD: 11/23/2013

My most infamous tutorial: http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-cont...ide-3-1-a.html

LD Count
      50?
      i have add to , and i take ritalin for it .
      After some research i found it contains methylphenidatum...or something like that
      Anyway , it improves the intake of dopamine.Wich makes u have better awareness.
      So u guess it should work
      good at : wild
      bad at: dream recall
      lds: 75+

LD Count
      50?
      Quote Originally Posted by diert View Post
      i have add to , and i take ritalin for it .
      After some research i found it contains methylphenidatum...or something like that
      Anyway , it improves the intake of dopamine.Wich makes u have better awareness.
      So u guess it should work
      wait scrap that , it lowers the reintake of dopamine , so its bad actually
      good at : wild
      bad at: dream recall
      lds: 75+

SKA
      Here, Now
      They diagnose about everyone with any issues with ADHD. And then they suggest they drug themselves silly.

I myself have taken the whole chemical spectrum of crap-"medicines" they offered me. It ruined me and brought into a long, deep psychosis.
      I've had it all. From Ritalin, Dipiperon and Xeroquel to Risperdal, Rivotril and Xeroxat..... all crap.

All they do is surpress feelings, instead of allowing you to DEAL with them. Inner peace cannot come from drugging away negative emotions.
      Inner peace can be achieved by meditation and contemplation. And listening to enlightened spiritual teachers such as Eckhart Tolle.

I've been labeled ADHD, then ADD with PDD-NOS and then with some kind of general Schizotypical disorder....That's where Psychiatry lost me.. I no longer take them serious at all. I used to think they were experts and knew what they were doing.
      I now know better: They're messing around with things they know NOTHING at all about. And the drugs they market as "medicines" will only furtherly remove you from your true essence: Inner peace.

Take it from someone who has suffered years of psychiatrical "treatment" and "medicines". Ritalin is nothing more than an analogue of Methamphetamine; SPEED!
      All they wanna do is make you addicted and dependant on a product so they can make a buck on it, if need be over your dead body.

I havn't taken any medications for well over 4 years now...And finally I found peace that lasts. I had to withstand serious withdrawal symptoms( Insanity, extreme depression and extreme anxiety) before I found my true self again.
      I tried to stop taking my medications ( Rivotril was the last I took) on 3 occasions before but chickened back into taking them. Now I am free.

And I do not wish for ANYONE to make the same mistake as I made. So that is why I warn you and strongly advise AGAINST medications.

If you seek any medicinal aid to potentiate lucid dreams try Calea Zacatechichi, Cannabis, VERY LOW doses of psilocybin mushrooms or VERY LOW doses of herbal/plant-based stimulants.(VERY LOW DOSES of these, because otherwise you wouldn't sleep at all)

Ritalin isn't a good idea in any case; Not to bring inner peace, nor to induce lucid dreams. Regardless of wether it may work or not. It's too risky a substance to be worth it.
      You wouldn't start snorting speed, an addictive, destructive substance, if you knew it would deliver you a Lucid dreams would you? Ritalin is an analogue of Meth.
      Whatever you take substances like this for; it will never end well.

Ritalin can be perfectly bunched together with drugs like Meth, Cocaine, Heroin and Speed; They all have a very harmfull, destructive nature.

@ diert:
      Actually it appears that Ritalin seems to lower the reuptake of Dopamine in people with abnormally high brain-levels of Dopamine(those that are labbeled ADD and ADHD-people), whereas it seems to increase the Dopamine-reuptake in the brains of people who have "normal" brain-levels of Dopamine. By all means: Speed does exactly the same.
      Last edited by SKA; 12-14-2010 at 04:55 AM.
      moongrass likes this.
      Luminous Spacious Dream Masters That Holographically Communicate
      among other teachers taught me

not to overestimate the Value of our Concrete Knowledge;"Common sense"/Rationality,
      for doing so would make us Blind for the unimaginable, unparalleled Capacity of and Wisdom contained within our Felt Knowledge;Subconscious Intuition.

dreaming now!!! Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Ohio, United States
      I can not agree with you more! I was addicted to drugs for years and they gave my friend adderral just because he asked for it. They will SELL there PRODUCT to anyone!
      LD Goals: [x]=succeed [-]=working on or almost
      sex[x] flying[x] meeting Justin Bieber[-] go to space[x] hallucinate[-] be an air bender with Aang[ ] become a transformer and be able to instantly change into an autobot[ ] fly to the moon[x] fight master chief[ ] Be an animal going to a people zoo[ ] Go to a theater in the 1920's and watch the premiere of a silent Charlie Chaplin film[ ] Meet Albert Hoffman and consume a huge dose of LSD with him[ ] Be rolling while DJing massive rave[-]

Lurker

A plausible theory

A simple explanation as to why the use of ADHD-prescribed medication might increase the chance of Lucid Dreams would pertain to the wakefulness that they induce.

Coffee, for instance, is known to increase the chance of lucid dreams or dream vividness due to the fact that drinking it will cause you to sleep lighter. And as we all know, light sleep = dreamy sleep.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Coffee actually resembles amphetamines in molecular structure...

I make videos Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      530+ and more
      Poland
      Quote Originally Posted by diert View Post
      wait scrap that , it lowers the reintake of dopamine , so its bad actually
      It's a NDRI, or Norepinephrine Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor. Normally your brain produces Dopamine and Norepinephrine, but then reabsorbs it rather quickly - reuptake inhibitors lower the amount that gets reabsorbed so you have higher levels of Dopamine and Norepinephrine for the duration of the drug's effects.

However stimulants tend to make sleep more difficult and have no real application in improving dreams. If you can get past the sleep difficulties then you won't dream any less or less vividly than someone who isn't taking stimulants, but they won't improve your dreams either.

Hope this helps

Edit: On a semi related note, SKA, you suggest Cannabis - have you actually found this to be effective? I'm a big fan of the herb but I (and I think other smokers will agree) find that it makes it near impossible to remember dreams when smoking on consecutive days, so I avoid it when it comes to lucid dreaming.

LD Count
      Sugahood
      I have ADHD-I and really the only relation I've found to it in my dreaming is the focus factor. My inability to focus myself in real life definitely transfers to the dream world so stabilizing or even maintaining lucidity has been kind of tough thusfar.
      As far as medication goes...don't change whatever you regularly take unless it's interfering with your ability to get a deep sleep or REM cycle. I take adderall in the mornings but never towards the end of the day, getting a deep sleep is key when your medication is prescription grade amphetamines...hehe. As far as methylphenidate or amphetamines having efficacy in inducing dreams...I doubt it helps at all from a biological standpoint but I have noticed adderall can often be helpful for me in being more mindful or "in the moment", which seems to be a great trait to carry over to your dreams.

Lurker
      It also calcifies your pineal gland which is also bad as the pineal gland is responsible for the secretion of Melatonin.

It's not the technique n00bf0rlyf3's Avatar
      LD Count
      Whiterun
      DJ Entries
      Ahh a grave digger I see. And ADHD doesn't calcify your pineal gland.
      Spoiler for Secret to LDing: