• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Novadreamer

Eau Claire, WI
      I am so tempted to by the NovaDreamer...i keep looking at it and reading about it, and the lucidity site brings you to a link where they sell it for 249 dollars

what do u all think?

yay or nay
      LD Count: 300 since 2005, average 40 LDs a yr
      Last LD: 11/23/2013

My most infamous tutorial: http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-cont...ide-3-1-a.html

I believe Neuroplasticity dreamship's Avatar
      Editing because upon rereading it it sounded more harsh and mean than the way it sounded as I wrote it earlier.

What is it you want this machine for? I thought from your posts you have had tons of lucid dreams and met your 'dream guide'. Please post spiritual stuff like dream guides and such in the proper forum.

I think I remember paying only $175.00 for my ND but I had to have it sent for repairs and pay $35.00 and now I don't have it. The only thing it did for me was train me to wake just before the lights flashed. I did see the lights in a dream once that I recall but did not become lucid. The mask was hard to wear.

You could read Patricia Garfield's book Control Your Dreams and if you believe in all that spiritual hooha then pray to your Goddess, or your dream guide to help you become lucid. Work on your dream recall. Write down your dreams even if you don't want. And try to relax.

It is hard, but there is no magic pill. I'd really like a magic pill because I am lazy also :-) I have a hard time doing my own dream journals and sometimes my dream recall is really low or not at all. Like anything worth while it is work.

Sorry if it sounds harsh even after the edit. I tend to talk rather directly and in short scentences and others might read 'anger' or whatever.

Lurker
      Quote Originally Posted by spiritofthewolf View Post
      I am so tempted to by the NovaDreamer...i keep looking at it and reading about it, and the lucidity site brings you to a link where they sell it for 249 dollars

what do u all think?

yay or nay
      [/b]
      I've had mine for about 4 years & it was helpful - I used it about 20-30 nights over several months in the first year. It about doubled my number of LD. But it did require doing 4-6 light based reality tests during the day to work. It also seemed to become less effective after about 30 times due to a kind of habituation. If the money isn't a strain & it gets you to put out more effort have a few more LD it may be worth it to you. I rarely use it any more however.

Ontario, Canada
      correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can't buy it anymore. I tried to buy one last year but with some more reading it said it was discontinued.

Banned
      Florida
      Discontinued? I wonder why, I haven't used or own a Novadreamer but if it doesn't harm the user and it does increase their LDs, why should they stop selling it?

DJ Entries
      Yeah I'm pretty sure they discontinued this, you can't really buy it anywhere. Except maybe Ebay. And yeah...I was wondering the same thing as dreamship...why would you need a novadreamer...I thought you were having lucids pretty regularly.

Ontario, Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucidbulbs View Post
      Discontinued? I wonder why, I haven't used or own a Novadreamer but if it doesn't harm the user and it does increase their LDs, why should they stop selling it?
      [/b]

I have no idea why. Maybe there wasn't enough people buying them anymore in the recent years, so they decided to discontinue it. It was on the expensive side to buy one so I can see why, if I am right about the sales. I think it said they discontinued the novadreamer in 2006 or maybe 2005.

Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by ;362651
      correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can't buy it anymore. I tried to buy one last year but with some more reading it said it was discontinued.
      [/b]
      Yeah where can you get it now? Me wants one too :yumdumdoodledum:

I tracked one down about 4 years ago. I was all excited but you cant sleep with the damned thing. Its huge and uncomfortable and I never saw any lights. I think its just easier to train your self to notice them naturally than with this aid. The cool thing is that it came with a course made by Stephen Laberge and its pretty comprehensive and it builds on your dream recall and lucid dreams. Its based on the book but just organized in a better way to take you through the course in about 4 months or so.
      DILD's: 11
      WILD's: 1

DJ Entries
      I think the Nova Dreamer was a bit of a fiasco. It hasn't been made for a few years now. There was alot of hype about it...and it was very expensive, selling for $250-$500, yet people found it uncomfortable and not very effective. Now, if you spend a minute online checking around, you can find alternative devices that are similar to the ND but much cheaper...and probably cheaply made as well. Not something I'd want to buy anytime soon...

Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Aquanina View Post
      Now, if you spend a minute online checking around, you can find alternative devices that are similar to the ND but much cheaper...and probably cheaply made as well. Not something I'd want to buy anytime soon...
      [/b]
      I had a friend who bought RemDreamer(another version) that thing dont work properly--- though its not half that bad when you actually put it on and try sleep with it, but thats that.I dont know 'bout NovaDreamer ,still tempted to get one! Some people actually find it useful

Ontario, Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by slothming View Post
      Yeah where can you get it now? Me wants one too :yumdumdoodledum:
      [/b]

I personally have no idea. The only thing that comes to mind would be ebay.. yes ebay is always the answer

Seriously though, I don't think you can get it anywhere only if someone wants to sell it.

LD Count
      100+
      Michigan/Denver
      DJ Entries
      Hey all. Just wanted everyone to know that the update of the NovaDreamer is the DreamMaker. They are selling online for $249.00! The guy at Wellnesstools was working with Laberge on the device and something happened so now he basically has the entire market to himself. He's been working with others on this site and continues to make improvements. I just ordered mine today and if anyone is interested I can post updates on my success with the device. Happy Dreaming

I'd be interested in hearing what you think about it.

Ontario, Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by lucidbuddha View Post
      Hey all. Just wanted everyone to know that the update of the NovaDreamer is the DreamMaker. They are selling online for $249.00! The guy at Wellnesstools was working with Laberge on the device and something happened so now he basically has the entire market to himself. He's been working with others on this site and continues to make improvements. I just ordered mine today and if anyone is interested I can post updates on my success with the device. Happy Dreaming
      [/b]
      yay! than all is not lost

I would love to hear what you think about it , when it arrives. Let us know if it works!

I would love to own one , but I'm still unceratin about the price

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Since I own a NovaDreamer, I thought I'd reply.

I had seen one advertised in a magazine and didn't even know what lucid dreaming was.. but the mask intrigued me.

On a whim, I ordered it (I paid $219.00 for mine back in 1998).

Do I regret purchasing it.. not for a second! I had my FIRST lucid dream the very first time I wore it.

Not to say that will happen for everyone but it did start me on my journey. Also a "NovaDreamer" does not guarantee success without EFFORT (I think I was just lucky in that my subconscious is very open to suggestion and I respond pretty well).

You still have to do reality checks regarding noticing lights in your waking life so that you'll recognize lights in your dreams. There are also lessons to do and practice. There was also a book to read by LaBerge and a cassette tape that you listened to that helped you relax and get in the proper mindset while wearing the mask.

Let's not forget that you also have to adjust to sleeping with a mask (that does have a tiny bit of weight) on your face. What made this a real challange for me was that I had always slept on my side.

Now my NovaDreamer also came with a FULL REFUND GUARANTEE if I decided to return it so I really had nothing to lose by getting it and so much to gain if it worked. It's been 8+ years and it still functions :-)

I did stop seeing the cues after a couple of months (but by then I was able to LD on my own). Was it an investment I personally would make again?.. yes, without hesitation.

I don't know anything about any masks other than the NovaDreamer that you may be thinking of buying but, if it was me, and I had the money to spare, I'd go for it (cuz if I didn't, I'd always wonder what would have happened if I had).

I did find the following websites that supposedly sell them (or an equivalent device).. but I haven't ordered from these companies so order at your own risk!

http://www.remdreamer.com/

http://www.mind-gear.com/cat/novadrea.htm

http://lonezone.com/2000/catalog/6833.html

http://www.kirlian.org/lucidream.htm

P.S.. If you have seizures.. you probably should stay away or clear using such devices with your doctor.

Australia
      Hey wait! There were lots of controversies on the Ld4all forum, on a guy who ordered a DreamMaker from wellnesstool, they say that Bruce Gelerter was a scammer , maybe watch out?

LD Count
      100+
      Michigan/Denver
      DJ Entries
      yea, uh...if he's a scammer that would suck. I don't know how he would keep running wellnesstools though (but the site hasn't been updated in ages so....) We'll see I guess.

Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by lucidbuddha View Post
      yea, uh...if he's a scammer that would suck. I don't know how he would keep running wellnesstools though (but the site hasn't been updated in ages so....) We'll see I guess.
      [/b]
      Alright > Ill count on you then! If it all goes well I might get one too

LD Count
      100+
      Michigan/Denver
      DJ Entries
      $ has been taken out of my account....the wait begins

LD Count
      100+
      Michigan/Denver
      DJ Entries
      It came it came!! HAHA!! Whoohoo, UPS delivered, everything he said was going to be in it is there. Now for testing. If you are all interested, it arrived about 1 week after I ordered it. Keep checking for updates!

I'll be interested to see what happens. Just got a Tools for Wellness catalog and I didn't see it in there. I think there is one on e-bay, but not at a discount. I think I'll start looking for one.

LD Count
      100+
      Michigan/Denver
      DJ Entries
      Ok so I had a few drinks last night, which doesn't really help LDing. But I woke up at 6am to use the bathroom and put the mask on before I laid back down. It was a bit awkward having it on my face but probably as comfortable as it was going to be. I shifted a few times and the lights flashed and they flashed once when I didn't shift at all, this might've been some minor H.I. (I didn't have the timed wait setting on) After about 20 minutes I couldn't fall asleep and took the mask off. Once I did fall asleep without it on, I had some very long Ld's. So it kinda worked indirectly, I will be continuing tests, without drinking the night before.

DJ Entries
      Yeah, that's alot of money for an uncomfortable device...just hire someone to shine little flashy lights in your eyes and disrupt your sleep hehe. Nah...I'm kidding. I'm actually really interested to see how it works out for you. How often do you usually LD?

LD Count
      100+
      Michigan/Denver
      DJ Entries
      Well before I found DV I was pretty random but I'd say on average of 1LD for 2 weeks. But since I found this site I'm lucid at least once a week I'd say. I joined in October and have over 20 lds, about 5 per month.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast