• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

USA
      Welcome to my Dream Journal!

I'm kind of new to this, but here we go. I hope to get better dream recall, find my dream signs, and eventually become better at attaining lucidity.

Normal dreams will be in BLACK
      Lucid dreams will be in GREEN
      Notes will be in GRAY

All dreamsigns will be underlined (idea from pj and Moonbeam)
      Last edited by JulianMoss; 05-08-2007 at 10:22 PM.
      Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven

USA

5/05 - completed a May task!

May 5th

NOTE: I actually took this supplement called Mellodyn which has some melatonin, valerian root, passion flower and some other stuff in it, thus giving me really vivid colorful dreams. Got to bed really late too around 4 in the morning.

1. LD book

There's some really weird lucid dreaming book that I'm looking at. It's all light blue and lit up and glowing. There's actually a row of them, but I'm looking at the center one and the text and image on the spine is moving around out of the spine a little bit. A DC to my left not in my view says something about lucid dreaming and is real excited.

2. Mirror Light Game

Some weird videogame scenario. I have this long box of light inside of it. It's white light and I'm sort of fighting my mirror self. It switches to red and I'm just kind of making poses now.

3. Night mall and May task

I’m in a futuristic night mall and there’s a few weird hypnotic devices that people were hooking themselves up to. I try to free 2 people out while they’re strapped in and remove headbands and such while they’re watching a spiral on a screen and they start crying. I try to talk with the front people running it to say they shouldn’t be doing this. Then a really smart professor from my college comes up and says something that totally puts my belief to shame, but I accept it. I cave in and feel relieved and a little sad from getting this answer. I look up later and see some green sailboat/rowboat display and its rotating and moving around. BAM! I become lucid and remember the Spiderman waterdrop task. I shoot a web out my wrist at like 20 degrees or so and swing a few times before willing a small pool of water on the hardwood floor. I do a backflop and open my eyes as I go under and experience a little trip down this stream. There’s music going on and some weird baseball themes. At the end of the ride, I tell my friend all about it (I lost lucidity here from being too excited). He doesn’t respond at all, just kind of nods and I wake up. (NOTE: Next time I become lucid, I want to do the nose RC and some math problems so I can familiarize myself with being calm and in control so I’m more aware.)

USA
      May 6th

NOTE: Took another Mellodyn and got to bed around 3AM after a Cinco de Mayo party where I was kind of drunk. Alcohol sucks.

1. Drive with Mom, Toy Airplanes, Craziness

I'm driving with my Mom somewhere and I tell her about wanting to drop out of school and she seems to be very disapproving of it. There's a light in the sky going up and down slowly and it's very intriguing. We come around a bend and this kid is flying a toy airplane outside and his mother is watching him smiling. We end up at some house and my Grandma is there and I become lucid. I'm asking her about stuff, but forget our exact conversation. Somehow later, I'm back at my house with my Mom outside in the driveway. I do the nose RC to make sure I'm still dreaming. I tell her I'm dreaming and put my finger through my hand. I try to do the walking tree task, but the tree won't budge. I physically try lifting it (which doesn't work either...at all ). There's no other trees around too which sucks. My bro comes out and there's a bush that he says he planted and he uproots it and it just sits there. I go back to the first tree and try pushing it again, and it falls over and separates from its trunk (someone cut it when I wasn't looking???). Somehow I end up in my bed and do a nose RC and realize I'm dreaming still and I walk downstairs and the sun is shining in through the windows and the TV is on, but no one is around. It's a dream, but looks A LOT like real life. I look in the mirror in the front of my house and my face is changing expressions slowly, but I don't feel my facial muscles moving. When I open the front door, it's dark and light blue all around and is cold and there's trucks in our driveway and people working or something. I tell my parents I need to leave to do some tasks so I go out the front and start to fly. There's shady people right outside the door when I fly away and I'm kind of scared. I command myself to teleport to a beautiful place (not very specific I know) and I teleport to my bed!! I do the nose RC and realize I'm dreaming. My dresser beside me is a mess and there's a Wendy's fry thing and an empty glass and some other stuff. For some reason, I feel I have to get ready for something??? I have a gold chain on around my neck and I take it off and go to my closet and get a blue tee shirt. I look in the mirror and have long black hair?!?! I concentrate on getting ready so much that the dream fades and I wake up.

So yeah, I think a combination of drinking, partying, going to bed late again, and melatonin gave me very VIVID, BAD SITUATION type dreams. I think I was doing a lot of spinning when it wasn't really necessary too. The dead tree probably freaked me out and led to the other bad dreams afterwards.

Hopefully I'll get some success on these tasks too and get a better sleep schedule too.

Last edited by JulianMoss; 05-07-2007 at 09:06 PM.

USA
      May 7th

1. Death by gunshot and Heaven

It is a dark night and I end up taking a bullet in the stomach. My family is by my side and I'm happy that they're there for me. I somehow end up back on my feet and start walking when I see a car relatively far away and gunshots come out near the car and I'm hit by a machine gun several times. This time I get back down on the ground and feel like time has stopped except for the thoughts in my head. I can't move. I can feel the blood washing over me. I'm just staring up into a dark sky. I transport or fade into "Heaven" and my Dad is there and he picks me up as if I were a child and we're both in pain and crying a little bit. There's other people around. I start a conversation with one and I'm telling him about antimatter. My Dad then introduces me to Bill Murray and he's just the weirdest, funniest, craziest guy ever. I'm really excited to meet him. His one arm is kind of weird though, like jellyish. We go to some room with lots of people around and I ask my Dad if I can go under a rope that's around the perimeter. I'm slow to go under because I don't want to impose and I wake up.

Hey...hope you don't mind comments--I think you're doing really well!

You've done something that has eluded me, for the most part: looking in a mirror while lucid. I only did it once, and I looked like a fat flying buddha, so I looked away really quickly.

Good job; keep it up!

USA
      Hey Moonbeam! Thanks for the comments. Yea I think the mirror thing was completely by accident. I think one time I actually walked through a wall that was completely a mirror once too. It was all Matrix-y like liquid rubbery metal. Well thanks again for the comments. You're the first to christen my journal. Seeya later.

May 7th

No Dream Recall...Just downloaded some freeware for recording sound with the built-in mic on my computer. Should be a little easier recording dreams in the morning if I just reach for the laptop, open a program and speak into it.
      Last edited by JulianMoss; 05-08-2007 at 08:08 PM.

USA
      May 8th

No Dream Recall again...I'm kind of nervous that the recording software might make me really lazy and thus just forget my dreams easier. I'll try again tomorrow. I got to bed really late last night again.

USA
      May 9th

No recall again. Been a little stressed out and it's affecting my sleep.

USA
      May 10th

1. Band performance evacuation

Playing music with my friends in a group. I remember changing my instrument to a melodica and playing real slow and minor sounding. Then doing some reggaeish stuff rhythmically. Then someone came in and tried to pick a fight with someone and I got a little scared. Then I remember there was an enforcement group forcing us to go outside of the place. There were all these people sitting down on the ground and they started giving us pamphlets. They were yellow and it said in quotations somewhere in the page "unmerge love." I remember speaking with one of the women and she was just confusing me when I asked her what it meant. The sun was very orange/reddish and the sky was the same color like an early evening sunset.