• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dream Pain = Real Pain?

Has anyone ever experienced intense pain in a dream only to find out the pain is real?

I had this problem last night. I was in so much pain in my dream I couldn't stand it. The second I woke up, the pain wasn't just a dream. I couldn't even stand up straight for a couple of hours.
      Click here to visit the #1 AMC website!

LDs since June 22nd: about 20...I stopped counting

My Dream Journal

I'm pretty sure my mind has created a sensation of pain when it happens in my dream, but it never carries over into the waking world... creepy. Not sure what to tell ya.
      Lucid Dreams: 2 DILD
      Goals: To successfully WILD

Next door to my nextdoor neighboor.
      I remember I had this dream when I was about 7-8.

There was in a large grey room with pillars. I was in the doorway to this room, on kind of a platform. I had a snake with me, and there was a monster in the room, but my snake killed it, and then the snake died. So I built a robot to kill a snake that had popped up. Then I went into the room, and there was a tall bald man standing there. He wasn't doing anything, but I knew if I didn't do something he would kill me. So I walked up behind him and took the knife that was in his hand and threw it at him, but he caught it and grabbed my hand and stabbed it into my wrist. A sharp pain immediately shot up my entire arm. Then I woke up, and my arm hurt like crazy for a few seconds. It was really weird...
      All the times when no one ever came to get me
      All the nights when i was scared
      And when it got to weird
      It was the song that saved me

------------------------------------------------
      Click...you know you want to...

JJB
      Ont, Canada
      i remember earlier this year i had a dream, that i was in Iraq, And i a marine, and i turned the corner of one building and i got shot in the thigh. It hurt like hell, i soon woke up and i was having a spasm on my thigh, So I'm guessing my brain was shocked when i was shot, therefore tensing up my thigh muscle allot causing a spasm.
      " Listen up! Usually the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is sixty-six tons of straight up, H-E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me Cupid!"
      —Avery J. Johnson

I was stabed by a vampire I was tring to kill who was in a restroom stall he took my stake and started stabbing me I know I felt that pain and hey thanks for reminding me of that dream

Indiana
      yeah, iv had a stick threw the back out my stomach
      that shit fucking hurt..

BC, Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by JJB
      So I'm guessing my brain was shocked when i was shot, therefore tensing up my thigh muscle allot causing a spasm.
      No, man, that's called a leg spasm. I've gotten a couple of those, they're extremely painful. It's usually from a lack of minerals or vitamins or something and your muscle clenches together really tight.

Pretty interesting how your dream lined up with it though, probably knew it was coming.

Starry starry night, paint your pallet blue and gray,
      Look out on a summers day,
      with eyes that know the darkness of my soul.

I also remember this one now a captian from the anime bleach walks and through my window he just raised it up and came in but his spirtual pressure actualy felt like somthing was crushing me I guess when your one of them you don't notice but when your not it trys to kill you.

Well for me, the pain I had was actually pretty normal, but it never entered my dreams. Nothing happened to me in the dream, it was just a nagging pain that made me a bitch to everyone. It wasn't even a weird dream except for the one day old purple kittens I had to keep bathing because they kept getting dirty. The rest of it was just like a family reunion type of thing.
      Click here to visit the #1 AMC website!

LDs since June 22nd: about 20...I stopped counting

My Dream Journal

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by DC111 View Post
      I'm pretty sure my mind has created a sensation of pain when it happens in my dream, but it never carries over into the waking world... creepy. Not sure what to tell ya.
      I think it goes the other way around. Your body cramps for one reason or another and your subconscious incorporates that into your dream.

Banned
      I myself have never experienced dream pain crossing over into Real Life however I have heard of people on this forum experiencing the same thing.

i've had stuff like that happen before. i always assumed the pain started in my body and then it showed up in my dream, not the other way around, because i've had noises i hear in real life show up in dreams too. Just figured pain worked the same way.
      Once you get into cosmological sh!t like this, you got to throw away the instruction manual. --Maturin, IT

Banned
      Florida
      Dream pain crossing over to real life? I know I've died in dreams and woken up in pain or gotten hurt/injured and that area would either be red or hurt... Half the time I thought I hurt myself in my sleep again and maybe a few times thought it's crossed over to real life... but I just mainly assume all those things are coincidences...

If they're not then it's not all that surprising to me, I believe that pain is mental [which I think there are theories on how to explain that] so it'd only be natural for something that's totally mental to carry through when you wake up.

Australia
      It seems like you're implying that you sometimes get dream pain... leading to real pain.

For me it has been the other way around. For example in my dream I had jumped off a cliff and hit the ground. My arm hurt heaps... I went around in my dream for a few more minutes but then woke up. I had rolled off my bunk bed and had a broken arm! :'( (This was when I was 7 by the way)

Sometime if I get bitten by a mosquito in real life, my dream will be something along the lines of my limbs catch on fire or something.

That kind of thing... but I don't think it's possible for a dream pain to make real pain. I believe it is the other way around. Real pain first, leading to dream pain.
      Starting from scratch

Banned
      Odd I don't really see how something created by the SubC. could cross over into reality I mean I just barely got shanked with some razor blades in a dream and I woke up just fine. I have taken some serious beatings in dreams and woken up fine. I know it varies from person to person still I don't see how it could be explained. Unless it is false pain.

Banned
      Florida
      I said 'theory' as in not proven and of course I'm not trying to make you guys believe it :p That's just my take on it. Anyways, I like others people's views on this topic.

But, if I were to defend that point, nerves are what signal for the brain to feel what where ever. Argh, I can't really explain this too well anymore [haven't defended this point in years], but there are articles on it, all debatable but I really don't mind. Everyone has there opinion, mine just isn't the one made for the general publics agreement [or at least it seems that way], but carry on, life wouldn't be so interesting if we all got along on every little thing

An article on it-
      http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3861

England
      my dream pain usually only stays in my dreams. I had a nightmare i was raped and i was a women, The pain then would be misplaced if i had woken up so when i did it wasn't there at all, brain is an unusual thing...
      My kitty Wooole!, i love you julan!!!!

"EVERY TIME MASTURBATION KILLS, GOD TURNS YOU INTO A KITTEN!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ninja9578 View Post
      I think it goes the other way around. Your body cramps for one reason or another and your subconscious incorporates that into your dream.
      Yeah, exactly what I was thinking!

But speaking of dream pain (not induced by real-life pain) ...it can can feel VERY real sometimes; not just the pain, but the pressure as well (ex. someone drilling into my lower back ) . It's so real that when I wake up I can force myself to sort of relive that feeling and it feels like I'm remembering an old injury! Then at other times I feel nothing at all (ex. getting shot). Hmm, maybe because my brain doesn't know how to conjure up the feeling of being shot. But then again I've never had anything drilled into my back.. Hmm.

I've actually had one like this, not for a long time, but basically i was fighting in a war (was quite a few years ago, and i think i had just seen lord of the rings ), then i got stabbed through the chest, i woke up immediately, but didnt feel pain, just couldn't breath, it felt really wierd.
      In my dreams i've walked both life and death, seen much, seen little, predicted the future and reminisced in the past. But in life i will still live my life how it was set out, but in my dreams i can live it how I want
      Trasker Cendorian

Right here... Reputation: 9999
      DJ Entries
      Ugh...I hate that feeling when someone hits you or something and it causes you to wake up and still feel it. I had a dream where I was being tickled (I am very ticklish) and then I woke up and I could still feel that sensation as if I was being tickled.

Columbus, OH
      That kind of thing... but I don't think it's possible for a dream pain to make real pain. I believe it is the other way around. Real pain first, leading to dream pain.
      Yeah, that's the way it works. When you have a pain in real life, your brain senses it and tries to make sense of it, which can lead to certain things in a dream. Sometimes they fit in well and sometimes they don't. I moved in my sleep and bumped my head once. In my dream, I remember that a chest hit me in the head out of nowhere. I was outside in an open field at the time. Go figure. Usually something semi-rational will happen though, like getting shot in your dream if you're in a war zone, when in reality you just had a leg spasm.

LD Count
      Denver, Colorado
      DJ Entries
      Man, just hope you don't get bad translation.

He was tickled with a feather on his lips and on the tip of his nose. He dreamed of an awful torture, viz. that a mask of pitch was stuck to his face and then forcibly torn off, taking the skin with it.

How does a feather turn into pitch-mask torture. = /
      Thank you, The Interpretation of Dreams, for that glorious mental image.
      http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/ccrinbama/Bama.jpg

Columbus, OH
      Maybe the guy has a fetish with pain or something?

Ive had odd physical feelings before like waves of pressure or diffrering temperature moving though me quickly. Or prically feelings that could be called pain as well as verry real seeming at the time but equally impossible. It is sometimes quite a fine line.

Veteran of the DV Wars Man of Steel's Avatar
      LD Count
      ~35
      Houston, TX
      Just the other night I had a dream in which I was a teenage girl running from a kidnapper, and the kidnapper grabbed me around the waist with one arm. His fingers were digging into my side really painfully, so I twisted to one side to get away.

I woke up just then, rolling over in my bed, with a pain in my side just like someone's fingers digging into me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast