• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Chicago

Dream Control question

Hi guys.
      Often when I have dreams in the morning and can sleep in with no alarm, i.e I will have these sort of half awake dreams, my mind is in the dream and i'm following the action like a story but I am also aware that i am in bed, I can feel both my real body in bed and still somehow be experiencing the dream. These are not daydreams, they are in some sense involuntary. I have little control over the events happening, and subconscious knowledge that I am dreaming. It's hard to describe.
      Thing is, if someone comes in or the phone rings, etc, I can go right back into the dream if i stay in bed and can get back to it quickly. In that sense I control it, but i never have any desire to change things in it or try to become lucid in that sense.
      Are these technically lucid dreams? or even dreams at all? And does the fact that i can 'turn the dream back on' mean I can control it if i remember to try?
      Does anyone have this experience?

East London
      I have this every morning.

If you have time you can go straight into a WILD from this, but don't WILD your way into being late for work.

*nod* when I have the chance to sleep in (which is a rare occasion) this will happen to me. it's actually one of my favorite experiences to experiment with. one of my favorites is to lay there and have my eyes closed until I hear something that I know is not really there, either some sort of music or sound, and then look to the left and right quickly (with eyes closed) for me this will usually kick start some sort of half dream half weirdness experience.

i have not clue what it is or if there is a term for it though.
      "“Evil? Good? These are merely words. In the eyes of the universe neither of those exist. There are only three elements, that act as a base for all that you see around. There is Light. There is Dark. And there is the balance between those two. Good and Evil are concepts,used to deny oneself from serving the balance. By serving, you participate in the great creation."

-Eddeon, Avatar of the Balance

Chicago
      Quote Originally Posted by Barns View Post
      I have this every morning.

If you have time you can go straight into a WILD from this, but don't WILD your way into being late for work.
      do you have any tips on that? I have been trying to WILD...can you describe the steps you take to go into a wild from this? Do all people have this?

Ahh this is what i had yesterday! I felt myself sitting up looking around, but at the same time i felt myself lying in bed. But i opened my eyes and was awake.

I was THIS close to a WILD, ahhh i almost had it.

also avaliable in blonde Scarred_for_life's Avatar
      Australia
      I've recently had that, I had a 1/2 a second dream that I was sitting at a train station then I imagined myself back in the dream and then the train pulled up! and I was like wtf?, I didn't do that

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87 View Post
      I was THIS close to a WILD, ahhh i almost had it.
      BTW, that expression dosent really work unless you have some sort of spacial signifier to show exactly how close you were

Everything makes sense once you stop thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by Scarred_for_life View Post
      I've recently had that, I had a 1/2 a second dream that I was sitting at a train station then I imagined myself back in the dream and then the train pulled up! and I was like wtf?, I didn't do that

BTW, that expression dosent really work unless you have some sort of spacial signifier to show exactly how close you were
      lol yeah, well it was close. I opened my eyes because i thought i was WILD, but apparently i did it a couple seconds too soon.

Australia
      This happens to every1 i think

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

Once when I was trying to sleep in the car, I suddenly heard my mom calling me [this came from RL] and I suddenly realized that I didn't feel my sleeping body anymore, and I was sitting in the car and looking at a map. I was like 'wtf' but it ended shortly after and i resumed to staring at the inside of my eyelids...
      LD count - Yes

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingDragon View Post
      [...] and YET I DIDNT NOT BECOME LD.

Your not an insomniac, can sleep in late, and can get up and go strait back to a lucid dream? Doesn't see how you can do that...

...LUCKY!