• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Banned

Might be worth a try, (WBTB)

I wouldn't necessarily call this a new technique, because I know that these kinds of "techniques" aren't really that reliable, but it might be worth a try if you're thinking about trying something new. It could also just be something to do when doing WBTB, as I can never really find many things to occupy my mind in a useful way besides RCing and my DJ. This has helped me get lucid a few times, and I thought it might be able to help someone else.
      So I've been reading a book, and I usually read it just before I go to bed. Then since I was just reading about it, that's usually what I dreamt about. So I thought that it might be a good idea to RC every once in a while when reading, and then to use autosuggestion as I was falling asleep reminding myself that if I saw anything that had to do with that book, I would RC. I found that it has worked best when I read during WBTB. This could probably be good for anyone who likes to read or may be in the process of reading a book that they're very interested. Also, books probably work better than just watching an movie or something because reading really gets your mind going, while when watching TV, you just sit there like a zombie. I find that (even though I'm not some rabid harry potter fan) the Harry Potter books work well because they're so long and you wouldn't be changing the subject very often (the repetition is helpful) and I find it interesting enough to actually keep thinking about it while I'm falling asleep. Any book like that would work.
      So... not really a technique, it's more like just something you could use for WBTB. Hope it helps someone, if any of you actually decide to give it a try

Around the bend
      Not quite a new idea, but yes reading a book is often a good way to do it.

Just be careful of getting too drawn into the book that you don't put it down, or that you can't get it out of your head when you try to fall asleep again

Other ways are e.g. crosswords, puzzles, a short walk
      Tips For Newbies | What to do in an LD

Unless otherwise stated, views expressed in this post are not necessarily representative of the official Dream Views stance. Hell, it's probably not even representative of me.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
      I like this idea. Its sort of auto suggestion with reality checks. If you make yourself dream about soething whle telling your mind that you will Rc when you see that, it would make for a great technique
      Need Help? Have Questions? PM me so I can help you out

"Dreams are as portals. Flat visions of misty places. But I can write dreams!" - Myst Uru

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post

that you can't get it out of your head when you try to fall asleep again
      well that's kind of the point. You want it to stick in your mind so that you have more of a chance to dream about what you just read and what you just told yourself to RC about

Around the bend
      Fair enough, but I mean that if your mind rambles on it in the wrong way you'll struggle to get to sleep.
      At least in my case.

An analogy: Your house is burgled while you're in it, and after calling the cops and sorting it out, you have to go back to sleep. But you can't, because it's on your mind (this happened to me actually)
      Tips For Newbies | What to do in an LD

Unless otherwise stated, views expressed in this post are not necessarily representative of the official Dream Views stance. Hell, it's probably not even representative of me.

I like this idea.

But..

Like Placebo, my mind has a tendency to keep on going if I stimulate it too much, even if I am tired. I would still like to give it a try though. It'd be great to lucid dream myself right into the midst of a great story.