• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Blue Falcon's Sidekick

Dinomut's Dream Journal

Hello everyone, I'm starting a dream journal to help boost my recall and to just share my dreams.

I'll have a disclamer at the top of each post saying if it was a normal dream or if it was lucid or anything else i feel is worth posting about it.

I'll start with some old dreams since i haven't recalled any lately...

This was my first nightmare, when i was 3. I was traumatized by it for months, but now that i look back, it wasn't that bad.
      Normal Dream
      It started out with me looking at this internet video i had watched the day before about Hurricanes, which i had just found out about the day before also, so i had a warped view of them. I got really scared when i somehow found out that a hurricane was going to hit near me, and in, like 20 minutes because i didn't know anything about warning systems yet. Everyone packed up and went in our car, but we immediatly hit gridlock traffic, so we wouldn't get out of town before the storm hit.we turned around and went back home to reenforce it.
      The climax was at the end of the dream when it started raining outside and i was in my room with my mom packaging up Legos. I kept calling to my mom for us to leave because now we were leaving for some reason, but my mom didn't respond, and i had to stay with her. so i had to wait and the last thing before i woke up was this terror coming over me because the storm was hitting and there was nothing i could do about it. then i woke up, screamed, and ran into my mom's room. Probably one of my most terrifying experiences back then.

Heres another more recent one, which was one of my lucid dreams. It happened about 2 years ago.
      Lucid Dream
      It started out with my family wanting to go to the beach. but we had to cross the highway first, which had no lights and all of the drivers never stopped. So everyone else ran across, and then when i started, it seemed enormously wide and in the middle i fell over. I kept trying to get up, and kept falling. This had happened to me in previous dreams, and i remembered that, and remembered that i was dreaming, so i focused all of my mind on jumping out of the way of this car coming, and just as it was about to hit me, i flew up 20 feet into the air. I was so happy that i had control, because i used to always want have a lucid dream( i didn't know that there was a name for it), but then my alarm went off and inconveniently cut off my experience.

Those were past experiences i vividly remember, but i'll update new ones as my recall improves
      Last edited by Dinomut; 03-06-2008 at 06:40 AM.

Blue Falcon's Sidekick

Talking

I had 2 dreams last night, and one was Lucid!

This one was really boring, and i wasn't in the dream, i was watching it, making me unable to control it
      Normal Dream

I was basically talking to these kids in the grade below us. It was really boring to watch, and nothing really happened at all that made it unreal. don't really want to describe it, because it was boring.

This was my first intentional Lucid Dream!
      It started out with me getting ready for school in my room. I was tying my shoes when I suddenly realized i was dreaming ( i don't know how, i didn't do a reality check). I was overjoyed, and almost woke myself up, but at the last minute i focused myself back to sleep. I sat on my bed for a minute, wondering what to do, and absorbing the feeling of being "awake" while dreaming. I remembered the March LD goal here for being indestructable, so i ran over to my window and climbed out. Now i was hanging from a 3 story building, but that wasn't a far enough fall for me, so i turned gravity sideways so i'd fall forever. I let go a started falling across the city,before going so far that there was nothing around me at all. suddenly i hit this pile of pop-ups (i was as confused as you are), and although it was strange, it proved that i was invincible as i had fallen 5 miles into the ground. I decided to teleport back to my house, and once i was there, i contemplated my next move. I remembered that i fell asleep at 6:00, and my dream had been going on for about 15 minutes, so i only had 5 more minutes before my alarm would wake me up. I decided to try to teleport to a random town in the world that i'd never seen before, but when i tried, this wierd animated guy wouldn't let me. then he filled my head with some creepy intro to an anime series that my brother watches, and it startled me so much that i woke up

Blue Falcon's Sidekick

Red face

I did my first WILD attempt last night, and i did well for a first try.

I decided to lie on my back for the attempt (i usually am a side sleeper) to avoid being uncomfortable later on. I didn't do any of the ideas for counting backwards from 100 or letters or anything like that, i just lay motionless. I focused on my breathing, never straying out of focus. After about 5 minutes, i achieved SP, a big accomplishment for me because this was my first SP.

Now, it was all about waiting for the dream to appear and not to drift off or move. I lay there, thinking that i would appear in a dream any moment now. After 5 minutes, nothing. After 10 minutes, nothing. Not even hallucienations. just me staring at my eyelids. The time it was taking to be assimilated into the dream was worrying me because over this period of time i was becoming increasingly overheated. I waited for 10 more minutes before the heat became unbearable and I had to get out of bed. Reluctantly, i opened my eyes and got out of bed, clumsily walking as best i could because of the SP out to our guest bed (where it wasn't so damn hot!).

After cooling down, I tried one more time, but it was much more short-lived because i was exhausted from my first try. Defeated, I lay on my side and fell asleep, with no recall in the morning, except for one scene where i was eating dinner at the island in my kitchen. In the moment, it was a very dissapointing night for me because I had had an LD without any effort the night before, but it was my first WILD attempt, and many people need to try for a week before they can even get SP. Tonight I'll try again, with a more ventilated bed and a new method. I hope i can have a WILD so i can have a much longer LD than my last 20 minute one. Hopefully it will work out a lot better than last night.

Blue Falcon's Sidekick
      Argh my second WILD was so close!

I did the same thing as last time up until the SP. This time, I wasn't overheating, and mild hallucienations were popping into my head. i chose one, my school classroom ( it would be fun during class to just take off through the ceiling), and incubated the table i was sitting at. I imagined the intricate wooden patterns, the carved sides, all down the the slightest detail. I started to be able to feel the desk. "YES!! I HAVE IT NOW" i thought, but suddenly my heart started racing, a problem i've had with WILDing which i thought was just random last try. i needed to get into the dream fast, i thought, because once im in the dream, it will be easier to calm myself down with nothing to focus on. I put all of my mind into the dream, and stood up...
      in my bed. GOD DAMNIT!
      i was so angry that i just collapsed and fell asleep, with no recall whatsoever once more
      My Dream Journal: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=54198

2008:
      DILDs:2
      WILDs:0
      MILDs:1
      HILDs:1

Blue Falcon's Sidekick
      This week I've had no dream recall at all. I don't know why, and tonight, if i don't have a successful WILD, i'm going to try a HILD, which is guarenteed to work. So either I'll be back on track by tomorrow or i'm going to have to cheat so that i can get back ( i was only in the swing of things for about 2 days, so it isn't really getting back) into the swing of things.

2008:

Blue Falcon's Sidekick

Red face

I'vd decided to give up trying to WILD for a while until my dream recall gets better.

Last night i had some wierd fragment memories, but it's an improvement on nothing like yesterday.

I was on the top of this big supermarket in the desert. It was kind of like Tremors (none of you have probably seen that movie), where i was stranded on the top of the store, and this huge worm like monster was attacking it...

... next thing i remember is this guy who had a gas mask, and took it off, and then something bad happened, i think related to the worms...

Then i woke up, and was angry i didn't have an LD, so i sat on my bed thinking of ways to have an LD.

Then i actually woke up. It seems like i had some pretty wierd dreams last night, but i don't remember all of it(or most of it). As my recall gets better, these'll get more vivid so don't worry! It'll get more interesting soon.
      Last edited by Dinomut; 03-14-2008 at 02:53 PM.

2008:

Blue Falcon's Sidekick

Smile

last night i had kind of a Lucid Dream, it was strange, and it was for about 5 seconds.

Lucid Dream (MILD)
      I was biking with my friend on some street, what i did yesterday (it was a lot like a flashback, but i could control myself and i wasn't exactly reliving the memory), and nothing wierd was happening, just a normal day. This was more of a MILD than a DILD, because i never got to doing a reality check. While i was biking, i thought "wait, i did this yesterday! I must be dreaming."
      At this point, i tried to do a reality check, but when i brought up my hand to look at it, my bike lost control and i fell. i woke up just before i hit the ground.
      I never really did anything, so in retrospect, it was dissapointing. But then again, i'm out of that phase of no recall

2008:

Blue Falcon's Sidekick
      Alright i'll fill in on what happened in the last two weeks.
      I'll summarize with a few statistics and since i haven't been recording my dreams anywhere other than here, ill just say what i remember now:
      Dreams (remembered now):3
      -1. 2 nights ago, i went to sleep and had this really long dream, where i was a comedian, and Comedy Central was asking me to do a standup special (this probably had to do with the fact that i fell asleep watching a Comedy Central Standup special.) Basically was about the different ways i tried to come up with content.
      -2. It was about 2 weeks ago just after my last entry. I had just tried the HILD from the tutorial section and before i got up to go to school a slept for a few minutes. in the dream i was instantly Lucid and i was in my school's basketball court. I moved my limbs around just to make sure i was completely immersed in the dream, but as i stared at my hands and started to think, i slowly faded away into black and woke up.
      -3. I was at my house. I was doing something with my dog, walking him or something, and there was no reason to believe i was dreaming. When i woke up though, i was actually on vacation in New York, and that would have been a good dream sign. Was the most realistic and vivid dream i've ever had, and it was completely like real life. i guess im getting better.

2008: