• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Getting more help with MILD from your subconscious

Getting more help with MILD from your subconscious

Someone telling me about suggestion and I mentioned the MILD technique, now I was told that 'you' is a more powerful suggestion than 'I' but the most powerful suggestion phrase is using someone’s name. He was telling me he had read about a technique in passing that involved naming your subconscious and asking it to do things that your conscious mind could not. For example asking the subconscious something you can't remember and eventually the information you need is brought into your conscious mind and you actively remember it.

I was thinking this probably has applications within LDing as a extension of the MILD technique. This could really do with some further research of which I don’t have time to do at the moment but the basic idea is as follows:

-First name you subconscious it is extremely important the name is something bizarre else you might find that if someone externally uses it on you and you don’t actively catch it they could suggest things to you (I’m not really sure how dangerous this is). Naming is as simple as saying “subconscious your name is ‘X’ from now on”

-When you wake up after the first stage of MILD tell your subconscious you are going to have a lucid dream and it should help you out by helping you notice it’s a dream

-go back to sleep

I tried the technique last night and something happened that might indicate some progress but as yet nothing conclusive I will keep you posted :-)

(thanks for reading such a long post)

[size=18]EDIT
      Current known phrases (replace x with your subconscious name):
      " x is lucid dreaming, x has self control" -from ironlung
      "x and I will have a lucid dream" or "x will be lucid." -from Scwigglie
      "x is lucid dreaming,YOU are lucid dreaming" over and over till sleep -from The Guardians

Using short term goals like flying have also been proven to work as an adition to the phrases above.
      Keitorin likes this.

New York/Massachusetts. College can do funny things like that
      interesting. Im guessing we can name it anything. ill try it tonight

god...im so tired

Curiosity killed the cat but at least it didnt die an ignorant bastard

Originally posted by nightowl
      interesting. Im guessing we can name it anything. ill try it tonight
      You can name it anything I use a combination of 2 words and a number for mine so it’s really unusual. Thing is I’m not sure how much you have to actually tell yourself that its your subconscious’ name for it to actually work I expect a few times during a day would probably fix it in there, maybe less.

good luck :-)

Wisconsin.. wait, what happened to Illinois??

That's a pretty brilliant idea.. don't know if it'll work, but I'll try it. I'll keep ya posted.. and you do too, okay?

Quin custodiet custodes ipsos?

after using 'I' for so long it's kind of hard to stop ;( I'm going to try this and use a nickname given to me by someon else, hope it can help me progress LD tonight.

It worked combined with game over's WBTB method. I...er Gumby wins!

First LD details
      -

Chicago
      How did I miss this thread? Anyways, this sounds bizzare and quite interesting. Im thinking of a name now...
      I'm in Chasing Mars, one of Chicago's best [link removed - ask for permision]indie rock bands[/url]! <------CLICK FOR FREE MUSIC

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      wait so I say stuff like "pete will have a lucid dream tonight"

Originally posted by wasup
      wait so I say stuff like \"pete will have a lucid dream tonight\"
      Here's what I said back to back:
      "gumby is lucid dreaming"
      "gumby has self control"
      -

So saying something like, "Mr. Blahblah, you will help me have a LD tonight," wouldn't work? You have to say, "Mr. Blahblah is lucid dreaming."?

New York/Massachusetts. College can do funny things like that
      Originally posted by Scwigglie
      So saying something like, \"Mr. Blahblah, you will help me have a LD tonight,\" wouldn't work? You have to say, \"Mr. Blahblah is lucid dreaming.\"?
      i wanna know that to. what you said kinda confuses me...

Curiosity killed the cat but at least it didnt die an ignorant bastard

Chicago
      I named my subocnious "Noodles"
      I'm in Chasing Mars, one of Chicago's best [link removed - ask for permision]indie rock bands[/url]! <------CLICK FOR FREE MUSIC

I named my subconscious some cool German name I saw somewhere, and the next day a newbie comes here who's place of residence is called the exact same thing! What a ko-in-ke-dink.

By the way, this technique really works for me. That coupled with WBTB.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      I think this is a good technique. I got a half lucid dream last night and i'm expecting one tongiht.

Woha im glad you guys have found this usefull ill try and use it with WBTB asap. :-)

I named mine yesterday and it helped me get the closest to lucid I've ever been. Its weird that I've never heard of this method before.

I just have one question: What exactly do you say when your talking to your subconsious? Like "Hey INSERTNAME, help me have a lucid dream"? or what?

LD's : 7

What worked for me was saying, "Insertnamehere and I will have a lucid dream" or "Insertnamehere will be lucid."

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      i have no idea what to say to it either, i guess you just say stuff to it like you would another person

i named mine, no, im not telling you what.

i'll get back to ya if this works, or not
      veteran of the darkmyst #dreamviews
      Raised: Turkeh

Since everything here has some kind of acronym, how about we call this NST (named subconscious technique) for now and save everyone some keyboard mileage :-).

Originally posted by OrangeStar
      closest to lucid I've ever been. Its weird that I've never heard of this method before.
      Probably because I only got the idea for doing it last week

As for what to say I would ask the people who have had really good success with this tech to post what phrases you used. Unfortunately I’ve been too drunk this last week to make much progress so I’m relying on you hardcore dreamers out there to give me a hand. Thanks to Scwigglie & ironlung who have already posted there phrases but the rest of you post them when you get a result!

Lastly thanks to all of you who have tried this out, when I posted I thought everyone might think this one was a bit too weird but it just goes to show how cool and open minded the people here are :-D

Originally posted by lord soth
      i have no idea what to say to it either, i guess you just say stuff to it like you would another person *

i named mine, no, im not telling you what.

i'll get back to ya if this works, or not
      For people who don't know what to say & about how I came about what I say: It's your subconcious so you should be in control.

I've been using normal Mnemonics/RC for a while with no LDs. I figured instead of asking my subconscious I'd tell it what I ordered. So instead of "Am I dreaming" I'd recite "x is LDing, x has self control" in a confident way and have strong intent to LD that night. I'd also imagine the pysical RC of putting my finger though my palm with mental visualizations as much as possible during mnemonics. Its been working so far and I expect it to continue too.

If you're more experienced and aren't like me (newbie) you might want to replace 'self control' with 'full control'. A short name for your subconscious helps too since you can recite mnemonics easier.
      -

I manged a short LD last night using NST and im getting a feel for how it works. With me i find that my subconscious dreams up situations that will be more likely to casue me to go lucid. For instance last night i became lucid by noticing that in my dream my arm had passed through a dream character (putting my arms into objects is what i use as an RC as an extention of the finger through hand thing).

What do other people find happens when using this tech?

I modified my mnemonics strategy a little. Instead of "name has self control" I start inputting short term goals which I want to accomplish that night. Since usually when I'm lucid I'm not sure what I want to do and lose it before I can even do something I found this to be a good strategy for me.

I had my 3rd shorty LD tonight and successfully flew by saying "Gumby can fly" after my normal "Gumby is LDing." I just flew straight up really fast until clouds were blocking my view of everything below and I lost lucidity after that.

I'm going to start focusing on getting longer LDs so my new 2nd line is probably going to be "gumby can maintain lucidity"
      -

Chicago
      My strategy is talking to my subconciosu all the time. Not just one request. Im trying to have a relationship with my subconciosu so we can work together. When im reading something on the forum I say "Hey Noodles, we should do that". And well, I have Noodles to thank for having a Matrix style dream. I was "talking" with him about it and my dream started out with me proving matrix concepts were ture and it didnt take me long to become lucid when I could do shit like that(see Matrix Style LD thread for details).

So instead of ordering my subconcious around or asking for random favors Im trying to develope a relationship with him. He's here with me now, and reading this as I type it, jsut like me. Were in this together....(ok, I may be crazy)

Originally posted by gameover

So instead of ordering my subconcious around or asking for random favors Im trying to develope a relationship with him. He's here with me now, and reading this as I type it, jsut like me. Were in this together....(ok, I may be crazy)
      I have to say i have been developing the same kind of relationship with mine (thanking for LD's and such) slightly worrying realy

Hopefully this tech wont end up turning its users insane!

Chicago
      meh...we're all insane anyways..why not enjoy it

Its quite odd really, I've tried doing this in the past, but just talking to my subcon, never actully naming it. I cant wait to try.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast