• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: Dream drugs???

Ottawa, Canada

Dream drugs???

I had a wierd experience in a dream this morning and now I have a couple of questions for you guys. This might be lengthy but read it, I really want to know your opinion on this subject. (forgive my bad english, I'm french)

Here is the dream I had:

basically, I was with a friend of mine (with whom I smoke pot all the time, he has done many other drugs but I haven't) I wasn't very aware at the begining of my dream, so I don't quite remember how it all began, but he makes me try this drug that I don't even thinks really exists. I remember thinking that it was sort of like cocain. THEN, the drug hits me. (I get lucid around now because what was happening was WAY out of the ordinary). I feel my entire body get heavy, I stumble in the room and lean against the wall so I don't fall. Then my vision got all blured. ( at this point all I could do was look at the shoes that were on the floor) Then starting at my face and working its way down, a sort or euphoric numbness started spreading all over the top half of my body. (I'm not gonna lie, I paniked) Then my dream dream faded. Its so hard to explain what I felt. But it was beyond anything I felt before.

Now, on retrospect, that was the coolest drug experience I ever had, and would maybe do it again(since its a dream drug). But later in another dream, my friend asked me to try it again and I said no. Because this time, the drug was a green liquid in a seringe. anyways, thats beside the point.

MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1) How can a dream make me experience something that I have never lived before?

and

2) If I experienced a drug high or trip, does that mean that my brain had to pump some sort of chemical in my head so that I feel a high. My understanding has always been that there is no diffence between a dreaming brain and awake brain, the EXPERIENCE remains the same, awake or dreaming.

3) If drugs are bad, is it bad to be having trips in my sleep?????

4) Has anybody else experienced a "dream drug"

Do you understand my questions and why I am perplexed by this?

Thank you for reading. I hope this gets a good discussion going cause i'm really curious to know what you guys think.

Da Zone
      "drugs in dreams"
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=58726
      "dmt in dreams"
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=61116

the first thread asked basically the same question, here was my response:

"our neurochemistry involves many drugs that are similar or identical to many drugs found naturally ocuring outside the body, like in plants. the brain has cannabinoid receptors and endogenous cannabinoids. we have opiod receptors and endogenous opiates called endorphins and enkephalins. we have many endogenous hallucinogens, for instance the pineal gland has been shown to release DMT(potent hallucinogen which occurs in several plants) during REM. Our brain and endocrine glands are drug banks. An endogenous cannabinoid extremely similar to THC has been shown to be mostly responsible for "runners high" or the euphoria felt when we exercise. Everything we feel and experience is the result of endocrine hormones (endogenous drugs) interacting with the brain and body. Sleep is the result of powerful sedatives, anesthetics, hallucinogens, and more. So its no big deal that you feel the effects of a drug in a dream, when you are in REM you are under the influence of more powerful drugs than you will ever find on the streets. I have done lots of drugs in dreams, sometimes i feel intoxicated in different ways in my dreams even when I don't use any in them."
      "If you realize Sunyata (the void), compassion will arise within your hearts; and when you lose all differentiation between yourself and others, then you will be fit to serve others." - Milarepa

Ottawa, Canada
      thanks, that was very helpful. Now, the other guy says he wakes up with it, the high that is. Do you think you could train yourself to lucid, take the drugs in your dream, and then make yourself wake up to feel the effects in real life?

Da Zone
      Quote Originally Posted by VoyageurNocturne View Post
      thanks, that was very helpful. Now, the other guy says he wakes up with it, the high that is. Do you think you could train yourself to lucid, take the drugs in your dream, and then make yourself wake up to feel the effects in real life?
      for me this barely works. whatever intoxication i experience in a lucid will mostly fade within a few seconds of waking up. some slight effects might linger for awhile, but not anything like what you feel while in the ld.
      "If you realize Sunyata (the void), compassion will arise within your hearts; and when you lose all differentiation between yourself and others, then you will be fit to serve others." - Milarepa

Ontario, Canada
      Very, very cool. I'm quite a straight edged person, drugs are iffy. I doubt I'd ever try one. Maybe if I can realize that I'm dreaming I could "spawn" my friend Taylor and we could do a burn. Rofl.
      LDs: 0
      Recalls: 6