• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Xyn

Drugs in Dreams.

Alright, I do drugs once in a while... Not that much that it will mess me up. But anyways i've been having dreams where i've been smoking them in it. I'll be messed up bad, I won't remember well in dreams and it seriously feels real. Well I didn't pay much attention till the day I woke up with the same feeling. It lingered AFTER I woke up. Well, I felt messed up like you usually do. I'd mutter words and it was kind of cool.

Well my friend said he got it to. He also said he woke up with the feeling too. He tried to tell me that chemicals are released just like when you smoke weed to give you that feeling? Is that true? And do you guys expierence it?

DJ Entries
      The chemicals of weed are not recreated in your mind, so that's not entirely true. The brain can only produce chemicals the brain has, so yes, you can experience several drug side effects (while in the dream, perhaps indistinguishable from the drug itself), but you cannot produce the drug's chemical byproducts.

I've never experienced a drug effect while waking. I've experienced several lingering emotions, tastes, and even physical feelings while waking, so I bet a drug feeling could ooze over into wakefulness, too.
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

Da Zone
      our neurochemistry involves many drugs that are similar or identical to many drugs found naturally ocuring outside the body, like in plants. the brain has cannabinoid receptors and endogenous cannabinoids. we have opiod receptors and endogenous opiates called endorphins and enkephalins. we have many endogenous hallucinogens, for instance the pineal gland has been shown to release DMT(potent hallucinogen which occurs in several plants) during REM. Our brain and endocrine glands are drug banks. An endogenous cannabinoid extremely similar to THC has been shown to be mostly responsible for "runners high" or the euphoria felt when we exercise. Everything we feel and experience is the result of endocrine hormones (endogenous drugs) interacting with the brain and body. Sleep is the result of powerful sedatives, anesthetics, hallucinogens, and more. So its no big deal that you feel the effects of a drug in a dream, when you are in REM you are under the influence of more powerful drugs than you will ever find on the streets. I have done lots of drugs in dreams, sometimes i feel intoxicated in different ways in my dreams even when I don't use any in them.
      "If you realize Sunyata (the void), compassion will arise within your hearts; and when you lose all differentiation between yourself and others, then you will be fit to serve others." - Milarepa

Neurochemically speaking, cannabinoid receptors, or any other psycho-active compound receptors within the neural structure, stimulate activity within the neuron itself in a specific pattern (electrical potential). It is not the chemical itself that creates the "sensation" within the mind, but rather the way in which the brain physically responds to the chemical.

Thus, if the mind believes it is being affected by a compound, then a similar if not equal response to the compound will be experienced, much like the placebo effect. If you've ever seen the Matrix, it's similar to how the mind makes real what it believes to occur.

The power of thought can create profound somatoformal changes within the physical body, despite a lack of physical stimulation.