• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

River inbetween worlds Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Slovak Republic

LD Dictionary {safe, confusing and misused words organized}

I have seen many topics covering semantic debate, many topics which discussed terms like sleep paralysis and WILD and how people percieve terms differently. Let us start building our own communication protocoll, where everybody would understand what the other meant. Let us find words, where we have problems understanding ourselves, and let us use the words, which come from safe or well understood roots more often. As you will soon find out, safe terms are related to direct experiences and misused or confusing words are just mental constructs, which everybody understands differently.

Let me start with set of words which everyone understands and uses without confusion:

SAFE TERMS:
      These are terms which you can use and assume your partner will understand. Some of these terms may be understood only if you have experience related to them. Even without experience, they are well defined and are usually used without confusion.

POSSIBLY CONFUSING TERMS:
      These are the words you will usually use to describe your dream experiences, but you cannot be sure if the other understands you well. These terms may be too general to be related to direct experience. Still these are words which are generally well understood and used.

MISUSED TERMS:
      This are the words, which are often misunderstood and used outside context, they originated from. This words have usually more than one meaning or meaning is not always clear. Without further clarification and experience backbone, these words are meaningless or confusing.

• -ILD (dualism dream type/dream induction)
      • Imagination (process, visual? ..., misunderstood)
      • Sleep paralysis (state/disorder/hag ....)
      • Visualization (process, visual?, all senses ..., misunderstood)

Please help with building this dictionary and add your own set of lucid dreaming related words organized into categories i created. Discussion open

Banned
      This will help the dream guides out quiet a bit. We've been working on a full dictionary for a while now, but we've missed some

Slovak Republic
      Quote Originally Posted by ninja9578 View Post
      This will help the dream guides out quiet a bit. We've been working on a full dictionary for a while now, but we've missed some
      Yeah. The reason why i am starting this initiative is to identify, which words may cause {and often do cause} problems when they are used in overall communication in threads.

Could you please add some of the dictionary entries into this word list from your dictionary and categorize them too. I will then update main list. Am really interested, what in your opinion causes confusion in overall communication on DV. Maybe we will find some words, which are used often and which are {unfortunately ) misused just as often. Please also clarify, what makes you thing, the words are confused just as it is stated in example

Some others:
      Hypnagogic Images(HI) (Possibly Confusing, hard to describe without prior experience

REM(safe)
      N-REM(safe)

Slovak Republic
      Quote Originally Posted by Licity View Post
      Some others:
      Hypnagogic Images(HI) (Possibly Confusing, hard to describe without prior experience

REM(safe)
      N-REM(safe)
      Thanx for addition

great initiative Adraw! can't come up with any contributions right now but hopefully I will.

A clean-up of the terms I think is very useful. keep it up!

Slovak Republic
      Actually thats not my idea to clean the terms, it was inspired by Thor and his clarification of Sleep paralysis term in first place. This initiative was more or less always here, but was scattered everywhere in some extent.

Thanx for nice words. I would also love to see any discussion about word categories themselves and about classification of words into these categories.

Please. If you have some hints, or ideas, they are really welcome.