• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Call me anytime, sexy. Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      lost count
      Belgium

Lightbulb DAPILD (Determination, Acceptance and Peace)

Lucid dream induced by Determination, Acceptance and Peace (which includes patience).

Requirements : You will have to learn to control your temper and learn to accept things before it will get effective. This can be easily achieved by meditation. Also concentration will come in handy too.
      It doesn’t has to be long, rather short but powerful. And your mind should be flexible. Learning this will also help increasing your waking life.
      Disclipine and self-control are very important factors too, but I guess that those things are required for nearly everything in life.

Preparation : This period starts about 10 minutes before sleep. First you’ll have to relax. Meditate to clear your mind of stress and frustrating thoughts. If your mind is at peace already you can skip the meditation. With relaxing I mean stretching a bit while listening to soothing music and get sleeping a bit. I would like to advice you on listening to Dan Gibson’s music if you’re searching for chilling music.
      The goal is a sleepy mind and body. It’s nice if you can get a bit dizzy before hitting the sheets. I like this song* a lot, it contains subliminal messages which are messages converted into a certain frequency which is repeated throughout the song. The unconscious mind will pay extra attention to them. Don’t try to find out what the words are because this will result in less effective effects. This is due to the less interest your unconscious mind will have because you already know the message.

Determination : After laying in bed for a while, having some random thoughts and being totally relaxed without annoying concerns or whatsoever you must start thinking about the lucidity which you will achieve this night. You must be totally convinced that you’re going to reach the state this night. Think that if it won’t happen (the lucidity) which of course will (the mindset) that you’ll accept it and be in peace with it. So after resolving and knowing that you will have a lucid dream let yourself drift off to sleep. Try to not think of anything.

Drifting off into sleep : After the determination comes the peaceful part. Maybe hard for some but we’re aiming on the beginning of a WILD here. While not thinking of anything you’ll have to feel your body falling asleep. Tingling hands comes first (in my case). If you have approaching thoughts let them come, but don’t think consciously, this is important. Then before even hitting SP let your mind fall asleep.

Failure : The keywords are peace and patience here. If you woke up without having a lucid dream accept it. Don’t get frustrated but be in peace with it and resolve to try again next evening. Remember this technique won’t work if concerns and frustrations cross your thoughts. Another thing is balance between desiring a lucid dream and accepting not having one. You should look forward the lucid dream but not more.

*http://www.supload.com/listen?s=WQ1HCG5XAZI9 credits to TechWG
      YouTube™ version : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pqEzkJ...related&fmt=18

Some notes : It might be confusing because this relates to common sense but I believe that it's a technique which requires the right mindset and knowledge of common sense. There are so many techniques all the same with little tweaks. Everyone reacts different to techniques so feel free to adjust it to you own needs. If this won't work it probably will improve your chances of having lucid dreams with a significant amount. I'm interested if this works as good for you as it works for me so post your opinion and the results of experimenting with this technique.

Good luck ~
      Last edited by Control; 12-26-2008 at 04:07 PM.
      "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

I will definitely try this soulmate

And wow... I gotta comment on the language used, very beautiful indeed, nicely structured, neat, and very clear.

¬Tarek

LD Count
      lost count
      Belgium
      Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonX - Tarek View Post
      I will definitely try this soulmate

And wow... I gotta comment on the language used, very beautiful indeed, nicely structured, neat, and very clear.

¬Tarek
      Thanks for the nice comment, experiment with it and make twists and changes if you wish to. I have confidence that you'll get the hang of LDing pretty fast, you have talent, and you can achieve a lot with your willpower. Like you couldn't recall at all, you didn't recall a dream for years. You had expectation and confidence and all of sudden 2 recalled dreams out of nothing and even one of them lucid. Reading all the other techniques will give you a good view of the structure of lucid dreaming too. Good luck with it mate !
      "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Lover of Sleep Paralysis Ryuinfinity's Avatar
      Yet another -ILD...

I love DEILD! SP is pwnage!

LD Count
      lost count
      Belgium
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryuinfinity View Post
      Yet another -ILD...
      Well I don't care about the name. It has to be Induced Lucid Dream I guess?
      Name it however you want .

Your Mind
      Yet another -ILD...
      Hey nothing is wrong with the -ILD suffix.
      Would you have said the same thing in my DEILD thread?

Great job Mr. Control. Learning to control (pun?) the discipline of the mind upon failing to attain a lucid should subside the anger/depression and bring a nonchalant attitude towards the whole process, which should obviously help. I believe one of the main reasons people fail at having a lucid dream is because in the back of their mind they are telling themselves they won't succeed.
      Hakuna Matata.

Lucid Dreams: 200+ (Too many to count.)

Yes, I created DEILD.
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=36281

Lover of Sleep Paralysis Ryuinfinity's Avatar
      I think you should just call it "Peaceful LD" or something simple. There are WAY too many -ILDs. Like EALOFTGTBILD (Eat A Lot Of Fish Then Go To Bed Induced Lucid Dream.)

I love DEILD! SP is pwnage!

LD Count
      lost count
      Belgium
      I think you should just call it "Peaceful LD" or something simple. There are WAY too many -ILDs. Like EALOFTGTBILD (Eat A Lot Of Fish Then Go To Bed Induced Lucid Dream.)
      Why making such a hassle about the name when it's all about the essence of the post ?

Your Mind
      Is there actually an Eat a Lot of Fish ILD? O_O
      Anyways, the post is there, and it's good. Read it up and make constructive criticism please. ^^
      Thanks for liking my technique, by the way, I just don't think changing the name of this method will increase or decrease it's effectiveness.
      I actually think that ending it with ILD will bring with it a certain familiarity to the lucid dreaming community.
      Hakuna Matata.

Lucid Dreams: 200+ (Too many to count.)

Yes, I created DEILD.
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=36281

Banned
      Wow, this guide is great !
      Thanks for sharing this with me, I'm new to lucid dreaming but I'll definatly try this, you seem really wise and this makes a lot sense to me.
      Make more guides like this please?

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Control View Post
      Why making such a hassle about the name when it's all about the essence of the post ?
      Because if you claim that it's a technique, and it has not been tested, I'm supposed to lock it, tell you to go to the research forums, and recruit participants to find out if this will work at all or if it's just BS. Otherwise we have all sorts of ridiculous things or slight spins on things and everyone goes running around wanting to be able to claim an -ILD to their name while in the meantime detracting from known techniques and causing confusion, mad speculation, and people running around with half-assed hypotheses who have no idea what they're talking about On the other hand, if you provide it as your personal recommended advice of what works for you and you thought maybe others should try, it gets to stay! ()

Plus because, yes there are already way too many ridiculous ILDs!

Banned
      nowhere, yet everywhere
      [SIZE="4"][B]
      I like this song*

*http://www.supload.com/listen?s=WQ1HCG5XAZI9 credits to TechWG
      YouTube™ version : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pqEzkJ...related&fmt=18
      put a warning there! i watched the youtube one and was out in about 5 minutes and stayed asleep for about an hour. this is in the middle of the day too, lol. but good work on this ILD

LD Count
      lost count
      Belgium
      Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
      Because if you claim that it's a technique, and it has not been tested, I'm supposed to lock it, tell you to go to the research forums, and recruit participants to find out if this will work at all or if it's just BS. Otherwise we have all sorts of ridiculous things or slight spins on things and everyone goes running around wanting to be able to claim an -ILD to their name while in the meantime detracting from known techniques and causing confusion, mad speculation, and people running around with half-assed hypotheses who have no idea what they're talking about On the other hand, if you provide it as your personal recommended advice of what works for you and you thought maybe others should try, it gets to stay! ()

Well name it whatever you want : ILD stands for Induced lucid dream and this technique is for inducing lucid dreams so yeah. I already tested this on myself and a few others and they had succes with it. I only post this to help other people out so it should deserve a little bit respect, am I wrong?
      I don't name it an official technique or whatsoever, it's just my personal way for inducing lucid dreams and I wanted to see peoples reactions and if it works for a big number of the population. I think that this is getting too far with all the rules etc.. There have to be limits, yes, but this forums main goal is helping people, and that's my goal.

Flying squirrels FTW!!! Snowy Egypt's Avatar
      The Anime World
      This isn't about ruffling anyone's feathers. It's about keeping the ILD count down as so not to confuse new members. Because believe it or not, that's what it does. And it's not just any new ILD technique; DGs are suppose to close any new technique that haven't been tested using the DV Guidelines.

Control, we understand you want to help, and we thank you. We just want for new LD methods to be full proof, and not just another "One night stand" that's only been tested by the topic starter and a few other members.
      Last edited by Snowy Egypt; 12-29-2008 at 05:54 AM.
      http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1596/sleepingpikachu4.jpg
      This guy, , and this guy, , are mine. BACK OFF!

LD Count
      lost count
      Belgium
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Egypt View Post
      This isn't about ruffling anyone's feathers. It's about keeping the ILD count down as so not to confuse new members. Because believe it or not, that's what it does. And it's not just any new ILD technique; DGs are suppose to close any new technique that hasn't been tested using the DV Guidelines.

Control, we understand you want to help, and we thank you. We just want for new LD methods to be full proof, and not just another "One night stand" that's only been tested by the topic starter and a few other members.
      I truly understand that. Let's wait and see what time brings? I'm curious about the results.

The Anime World
      I truly understand that. Let's wait and see what time brings?
      That's all we ask.

I actually might try this myself. I need to get back into fully practicing LD methods.

LD Count
      lost count
      Belgium
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Egypt View Post
      That's all we ask.

I actually might try this myself. I need to get back into fully practicing LD methods.
      Then give this technique the chance to grow, and make people try it .
      I'm currently gathering experienced lucid dreamers and I have some willing to try this. So for anyone who tried this and had succed with it, tell it to your friends and spread the word !

The Anime World
      Well if you're serious, which you are, get volunteers, which you are. But don't leave the noobs out. Since the goal of this technique is to induce an LD, I would think testing it so it works for newbies would be a priority. I'd kill to have a newbie have their 1st Lucid by a technique I created.

I say you make another thread about this in the Research Forum. Get more volunteers, map out a plan of what you want to happen, and make it happen. Chances are, it will go a lot faster there instead of here where it will only be done passively.
      Last edited by Snowy Egypt; 12-29-2008 at 05:55 AM.

LD Count
      lost count
      Belgium
      Thanks for the advice Snowy . I got 4 volunteers at the moment. Two beginners and two advanced people. But don't close this thread as I post it in the research forum since a lot of people only check the "Attaining lucidity" . I'll post it in the research forum now.

Banned

Lucid dream?

im new to lucid dreaming and i tried your technique control
      im pretty confused now in my dream i knew it was a dream but as soon as i knew that it was a dream i couldnt control my dream it was like it took me with him instead of me him with me does this still count as a lucid dream?

Edit : i read some tutorials about dream control its clear now for me !
      Last edited by QuickR; 12-27-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Newcastle, Australia. Mate.
      I'm going to bed soonish, I'm going to have a lucid with this technique. First to relax.
      http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/all_usernames_are_taken/TheyMadeMeDoIt2-1.jpg

Control, I'm just wondering, do u only have to wait for the beginning o SP?

And how do u let the mind fall asleep thinhing of nothing?

I've already read Jeff's thread, so please tell me in ur own words!

I'd love to be a test subject!
      "do what you wish"

Ehh..Well..Uhm...HUGS!
      Netherlands
      Nice technique, even though it sounds like a combination of techniques

Will try when I can, though

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
      GRILD?

LD Count
      lost count
      Belgium
      Quote Originally Posted by A dreamer168 View Post
      Control, I'm just wondering, do u only have to wait for the beginning o SP?

And how do u let the mind fall asleep thinhing of nothing?

I've already read Jeff's thread, so please tell me in ur own words!

I'd love to be a test subject!
      You don't have to, SP is the last step of the body falling asleep so that means that you're almost doing a WILD, well you can always switch from my technique to a WILD. Like I said personalize it . Good luck and tell me the results
      Last edited by Control; 12-28-2008 at 12:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast