• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Make ANYTHING happen easily in a dream?

In another thread we discussed telling DC's to go fetch a person we are looking for. Most times it works for me. Why not then tell a DC to

* Bring you a pizza
      * Send you to the moon
      * Make you fly
      * Teleport you to Paris
      * Put you into the middle of a video game or a concert
      * Bring you a time machine so that you can go visit the dinosaurs
      * Show you the door that leads to the stairway to heaven
      * etc, etc, etc

That seems a whole lot easier than trying to do it yourself. I assume that things are impossible in dreams because we BELIEVE that they are impossible. By putting the burden on a Dream Character to make something happen, maybe anything can happen.

I haven't had a lucid dream since I concocted this theory but I'll test it out when I can. If you've never told (NOT ASKED) a DC to bring you somebody or tell you where they are, give it a try. You may be surprised how easy that simple task is. When I do that 9 times out of 10 it happens.

If all this works out I'll never again have to grit my teeth and try and force magic to happen in a dream through sheer will power. I'll simply tell one of my dream characters to, as Picard would say, "make it so".
      Last edited by Lucid Lobster; 02-20-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Clever... I'll try this out the next time I fail to perform some action. Maybe you could have the DC give you the ability to control effortlessly through sheer will.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Lobster View Post
      In another thread we discussed telling DC's to go fetch a person we are looking for. Most times it works for me. Why not then tell a DC to

* Bring you a pizza
      * Send you to the moon
      * Make you fly
      * Teleport you to Paris
      * Put you into the middle of a video game or a concert
      * Bring you a time machine so that you can go visit the dinosaurs
      * Show you the door that leads to the stairway to heaven
      * etc, etc, etc

That seems a whole lot easier than trying to do it yourself. I assume that things are impossible in dreams because we BELIEVE that they are impossible. By putting the burden on a Dream Character to make something happen, maybe anything can happen.

I haven't had a lucid dream since I concocted this theory but I'll test it out when I can. If you've never told (NOT ASKED) a DC to bring you somebody or tell you where they are, give it a try. You may be surprised how easy that simple task is. When I do that 9 times out of 10 it happens.

If all this works out I'll never again have to grit my teeth and try and force magic to happen in a dream through sheer will power. I'll simply tell one of my dream characters to, as Picard would say, "make it so".
      While I haven't LD'd, thus, having no clue how difficult it'll be to do some of those tasks, I'm sure it'll remove some of the fun component if all you had to do was ask a DC to help you achieve these tasks. Simply put, I would rather be the one to fly to the moon, get a pizza, etc....

Waste of Space
      Ah, but can you ask a DC to make your hand go through a mirror?

Nice idea though. Next time I'll ask one to go and get my clone!

- freedom from reality - LucidFreedoM's Avatar
      Canada
      You just have to know the DC's are intelligent and that they fully understand what you are saying to them, and that they are perfectly capable and more than willing to do what you ask of them.

You cant think the DC's will fail in doing what you ask of them in any way, because then they will.

Whether or not it will be easier to make things happen by convincing yourself someone else can do it, or by convincing yourself you can do it, it remains to be seen if it makes a difference. Interesting idea. When I start having regular ludids again ive been wanting to try this.
      - "The best things in life are free. I have never once had to pay for a lucid dream."

FightingDreamer Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Here
      When I try to order Dc's around, they just kind of look at me like...

*Is he serious...why would we do that...*

- freedom from reality - LucidFreedoM's Avatar
      Canada
      Thats because you think they will

Next time you speak to a DL, tell them you will make their wildest dreams come true if they do what you say. And then see what they respond with. After they do what you say, blow them up. Or turn them into an ice cream.
      - "The best things in life are free. I have never once had to pay for a lucid dream."

Eltit Resu Motsuc Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Counter reset.
      Brasschaat, Belgium
      DJ Entries
      What I'm going to try out next, is feeling "one" with myself, my dream environment and my dream characters.
      I had a lucid dream once, I was walking through a forest shouting the name of a girl I wanted to meet - I was looking for her but could not find her.

That got me thinking - I, a person, was looking somewhere for someone? False.
      I AM me, I AM my world and I AM that girl. You don't have to look for her. It is impossible to fail to find her. I'm gonna try to realize that next time I LD and see if it helps.
      Current projects:
      -Acquire the Aurora
      -Test galatamine, huperzine and choline
      -Find smartwatch app for RC reminders at certain intervals
      -Ressurect my dream log here, and become more active

Ah, but can you ask a DC to make your hand go through a mirror?
      Tell him to turn noclip on

I suck at control, so I always ask my DG to do stuff for me or give me powers ;D

Quote Originally Posted by LucidFreedoM View Post
      You just have to know the DC's are intelligent and that they fully understand what you are saying to them, and that they are perfectly capable and more than willing to do what you ask of them.

You cant think the DC's will fail in doing what you ask of them in any way, because then they will.

Whether or not it will be easier to make things happen by convincing yourself someone else can do it, or by convincing yourself you can do it, it remains to be seen if it makes a difference. Interesting idea. When I start having regular ludids again ive been wanting to try this.
      Maybe it's just me. Maybe I simply KNOW for a fact that a DC is going to not only know me but understand what I want. It still freaks me out when I ask ANYBODY in my dream to go fetch somebody and the DC knows exactly who I'm talking about. Perhaps we are all limited in LD's by our beliefs in many different ways.
      On the negative side, I have never been able to fly for more than a few seconds -- gravity eventually pulls me down. Maybe if I ask a DC to fetch me a magic flying belt .. I will be able to fly. I still haven't had a chance to test all this yet because my LD's are extremely rare.

@Timothy Paradox .. next time you're searching for that girl, give it a try. Tell (not ask) anybody you meet in the dream to either take you to her or bring her to you .. see what happens. With me it never fails but then, maybe that's just me.
      Last edited by Lucid Lobster; 03-04-2009 at 04:11 AM.

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      I don't think I am bossy enough for this to work. Maybe it would help me learn to be more vocal about what I want in real life. Practice taking charge a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Robot_Butler View Post
      I don't think I am bossy enough for this to work. Maybe it would help me learn to be more vocal about what I want in real life. Practice taking charge a little.
      You might give it a try anyway. I don't feel that I'm being bossy when I communicate with a DC. I kind of feel like a customer at a restaurant who tells a waiter,

"I'd like you to get me a drink of water please".

It's ok to say please. Again however, my results may not be the results of everybody but it's worth a try. Remember, this has only worked for me when asking for people. I've never tried anything else but the next lucid dream that I have I will test the theory by telling the first DC that I meet to bring me a large pepperoni pizza. Please. And if he forgets the crushed red peppers I will send him back to wherever the heck it was where he found the pepperoni pizza. It's not my job to keep up with the details of "how". All I want is results.
      I'll report my results once I have my LD. They're getting scarcer and scarcer.
      Last edited by Lucid Lobster; 03-04-2009 at 05:54 AM.

aka Raphael Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      I told a DC to build a pyramid out of rocks in my backyard last night. I flew away and then did some stuff which I won't mention Then I came back about 10 minutes later and my house was on fire and there was a giant pyramid of rocks in the backyard. I asked the DC (who was sitting on top of the pyramid) why the house was on fire, and he said something like, "You didn't tell me not to set the house on fire." It was pretty weird.

LD Count
      Lost track
      Australia
      Two nights ago I tried this out and asked a DC to kindly bring me a crossbow, worked like a charm.

I always have trouble summoning things in dreams so this tactic is veeerrry helpful at times, thanks for sharing it!
      When I was in high school I was very ambitious, I wanted to be the Class President but I missed out by only about 3 votes.

So they made me the Class Secretary of Defence.

Los Altos, CA
      I think techniques like this work because it implements the element of surprise. It's more believable to our logical minds to have someone bring something/someone to us than have it appear right around the corner, because it more agrees with the laws of reality.

Good idea, I think someone's brought this up before, as well....
      naturals are what we call people who did all the right things accidentally

Planet Urth
      Just bumping this to mention that I tried this out a few nights ago and it worked spectacularly. I've been having trouble summoning people, so I asked a nearby DC to fetch the person I was looking for. Sure enough, a few moments later they returned with the subject in tow.

This could be a ticket to all sorts of cool tricks. Yeah

Formerly Known As Member
      Quote Originally Posted by Mertruve View Post
      Tell him to turn noclip on

I suck at control, so I always ask my DG to do stuff for me or give me powers ;D
      Technically you are controlling, but rather then saying "I am doing this, I believe I can do this" you are saying "I can't do this, but my DG is and can do it for me" remember that your DG is just as much a part of your mind as you are.
      On LD hiatus. Probably will start again around new years.

Or, you know -- randomly throughout this year and next.

Lover of Sleep Paralysis Ryuinfinity's Avatar
      What about the possibility that DCs are more than just our mind? *flamewar ensues* Yes. I think DCs are real. Anyway, why not ask them HOW to do something? I asked a DC how to fly once, and he told me I needed to use my foot muscles to "pop" off the ground for a second, and then will myself to stay airborne and rise, sort of like telekinesis. It is very mentally exhausting willing myself to fly at all times, because I feel like I am being pulled downwards, but it works every time. DCs know more than we think.

I love DEILD! SP is pwnage!

Formerly Known As Member
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryuinfinity View Post
      What about the possibility that DCs are more than just our mind? *flamewar ensues* Yes. I think DCs are real. Anyway, why not ask them HOW to do something? I asked a DC how to fly once, and he told me I needed to use my foot muscles to "pop" off the ground for a second, and then will myself to stay airborne and rise, sort of like telekinesis. It is very mentally exhausting willing myself to fly at all times, because I feel like I am being pulled downwards, but it works every time. DCs know more than we think.
      Oh crap, I forgot that was a sensitive subject. Carry on then, sorry.
      On LD hiatus. Probably will start again around new years.

Or, you know -- randomly throughout this year and next.

Under a Vanilla Sky...
      England
      I had a non-lucid dream the other day where I had a laptop and anything I typed in would happen. Not being in control, this involved summoning a giant dragonfly and flying it into my friend's face.
      So, similar idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen_505 View Post
      Just bumping this to mention that I tried this out a few nights ago and it worked spectacularly. I've been having trouble summoning people, so I asked a nearby DC to fetch the person I was looking for. Sure enough, a few moments later they returned with the subject in tow.

This could be a ticket to all sorts of cool tricks. Yeah
      Don't forget, not only can I tell a DC to bring someone to me but also, I can tell them to TAKE ME TO WHO I'M LOOKING FOR. I don't know if anyone else can do this but you might give it a try. In some situations it may be more logical to do it this way. For example, assume you want a slice of chocolate cake. Sure you could ask a random DC who happens to be on a street corner to get you a slice OR you can simply tell him to direct you to the cake. If I do that, the odds are, the DC will say,

"Try that building across the street".

When I get to the building, lo and behold .. somehow it's a bakery. I haven't verified this but I think it's better to TELL the DC to tell you where someone/something is vs asking the DC.

Good ideas folks. I'll try that laptop thing and maybe I'll try to get a DC to teach me something too. Now if I could just get to Dream~World more often.

@AirRick - Good theory on WHY this might work so well.
      Last edited by Lucid Lobster; 03-22-2009 at 04:19 AM.

Under a Vanilla Sky...
      England
      Now if I could just get to Dream~World more often.
      Haha, yes, if only. I would just like more opportunity to talk to DCs!

Quote Originally Posted by RichG View Post
      Haha, yes, if only. I would just like more opportunity to talk to DCs!
      Amazing experience. Last night I may have proven it all.
      While flying in a non-lucid dream I became lucid and remembered that I wanted to test these theories again.
      I flew along the highway past a few small towns then landed next to what appeared to be a tiny
      abandoned walk-up burger-joint-like building. My goal was to see if I could get an old friend to appear.

I had doubts about this working but I knocked on the window anyway. Suddenly 2 old women appeared inside.
      I told one of them to send Janet outside. It freaked me out when a few moments later .. Janet walked through the
      door. Of what I had previously believed to be an old abandoned building. In a strange town that I chose at RANDOM. What are the odds.

Apparently this is as easy as shooting blind ducks in a bathtub for me. Everyone should try this at least once.
      TELL, not ask any random DC to do your bidding. It sure takes the burden off you.
      For my next test I will tell a DC to bring me a hand held time machine. And, after that I'll try the phone trick too.
      I've gotten that to work also. Pick up any phone, tell the operator what you want.
      Last edited by Lucid Lobster; 03-23-2009 at 04:16 AM.

Under a Vanilla Sky...
      England
      Amazing experience. Last night I may have proven it all.
      While flying in a non-lucid dream I became lucid and remembered that I wanted to test these theories again.
      I flew along the highway past a few small towns then landed next to what appeared to be a tiny
      abandoned walk-up burger-joint-like building. My goal was to see if I could get an old friend to appear.

I had doubts about this working but I knocked on the window anyway. Suddenly 2 old women appeared inside.
      I told one of them to send Janet outside. It freaked me out when a few moments later .. Janet walked through the
      door. Of what I had previously believed to be an old abandoned building. In a strange town that I chose at RANDOM. What are the odds.

Apparently this is as easy as shooting blind ducks in a bathtub for me. Everyone should try this at least once.
      TELL, not ask any random DC to do your bidding. It sure takes the burden off you.
      For my next test I will tell a DC to bring me a hand held time machine. And, after that I'll try the phone trick too.
      I've gotten that to work also. Pick up any phone, tell the operator what you want.
      Awesome! I had no doubts it would work, it seems like a fool-proof way of getting just about anything you want. Hmmm, now what if you asked a DC to take you to outer space to view the earth?
      Or would that be escaping the challenge?

UK
      I tried this. I asked a DC to fetch me a Laser Gun, rocket launcher and a friend.

Sure, he says. Then he says, but X is going to be pissed at you spending time with Y. You know how jealous he gets.

Next thing I know, I'm being hounded by a scary looking malcolm macdowel.
      Lucid Dreams:-
      MILD/DILD: 79
      WILD: 13
      DEILD:13
      (TOTAL: 108 )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast