• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Formerly Known As Member

Lucid dreams affecting mind in reality?

I had a lucid dream and I made out with this girl I knew at school. Nothing too special about her, we talk a lot in a class we have together, and I wouldn't say she's particularly attractive. Ever since that lucid I've found her slightly more attractive for some reason. Do you think dreaming can affect things like that? Or is it all in my head?

Also, on a somewhat related note, there is this girl that I haven't thought about in about a year who goes to my school. I had a dream where we held hands and we spoke intimately about something (I can't remember what, unfortunately) last night, and today I noticed her in the hallway. Is this just me becoming more aware or is my mind trying to tell me something? Is it nothing at all?
      Last edited by TunaSammich; 03-31-2009 at 04:26 AM.
      On LD hiatus. Probably will start again around new years.

Or, you know -- randomly throughout this year and next.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Quote Originally Posted by TunaSammich View Post
      I had a lucid dream and I made out with this girl I knew at school. Nothing too special about her, we talk a lot in a class we have together, and I wouldn't say she's particularly attractive. Ever since that lucid I've found her slightly more attractive for some reason. Do you think dreaming can affect things like that? Or is it all in my head?
      I've had this happen a few times in my life too. I never look to my dreams to tell me anything, but those dreams definitely made me feel more strongly toward those girls.

Formerly Known As Member
      Quote Originally Posted by John11 View Post
      I've had this happen a few times in my life too. I never look to my dreams to tell me anything, but those dreams definitely made me feel more strongly toward those girls.
      I never said I'm looking to my dreams to tell me anything, it's just a connection I noticed... it's not happening to just me I suppose.

ex-member
      Do you think dreaming can affect things like that? Or is it all in my head?
      It is all in your head. Because the dreaming is in your head.

Lets say... You have a dream about getting hit by a car. The next day, are you not going to be more cautious crossing streets?

No matter what, we think about our dreams. Interacting with girls, even ones you don't talk to, in dreams is going to cause you to notice them in real life.
      Bollocks.

Formerly Known As Member
      Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
      It is all in your head. Because the dreaming is in your head.

Lets say... You have a dream about getting hit by a car. The next day, are you not going to be more cautious crossing streets?

No matter what, we think about our dreams. Interacting with girls, even ones you don't talk to, in dreams is going to cause you to notice them in real life.
      I guess that makes sense.

On a completely off topic note, I think the new Ifrit thing you have going on is cooler then the zombie one (He was my favorite GF. I could never get his boost very high though...)

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      I guess that makes sense.

On a completely off topic note, I think the new Ifrit thing you have going on is cooler then the zombie one (He was my favorite GF. I could never get his boost very high though...)
      yup, like when you have zombie dreams the next day you are more cautious around zombies
      TAKE DV members advice with caution! some have had zero or 1-2 LD's yet act like gurus
      TOTAL LD's (almost all DILD/MILD) =160!!
      new goals: have more LD's than Shift[X]
      10-15min LD [ X] Article: A day in the life of an LD-er
      the "Mind V.S. Body" Induction technique
      Everyman 2 LD's/ sleep schedule progress

Quote Originally Posted by yuriythebest View Post
      yup, like when you have zombie dreams the next day you are more cautious around zombies
      lol!

yea I agree, it's all in your head. but there's nothing wrong with pretending(day dreaming).

Tweek

New York
      Definitely. I've had the same thing; not that I thought that the girl was more attractive after the dream, but that I just sort of "yearned" for her more

Maybe it will change the way you look at some one you don't know very well, but if it does, it's usually in a good way. Like you'll notice things about her(him) that you've never noticed before(whether it's physical or psychological). As I said, it's usually good things too.

Always Lucid Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_FF0000'>allensig3654</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      100+
      Astral
      DJ Entries
      happened to me a month ago. There was a girl I never thought twice about. After the dream I couldn't get her out of my mind and ended up going out with her. Go figure
      Float