• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

DILD or dream storyline?

I had a dream last night where an asian guy changed my clothes using his willpower, I didn't want them like that though and I suddenly realised that it was a dream and not real so I looked at my right arm and tried to imagine different clothes onto it but it didn't work, then a dream character shouted at me because it didn't work and then the dream returned back to normal and I had forgotten all about it being a dream.

The thing is, this seemed more to be just something that happened in my dream than my mind actually realising it was a dream, and the storyline of the dream just continued.

Was this close to a DILD or just the storyline as at the time I don't think I really had much control over myself as if it was just a normal dream.

Oh and while I'm at it, I can't WILD

That was a DILD. If you realised it was a dream, then it was a lucid dream, even if it was only for a few seconds. I once had a dream where a friend of mine came up to me and told me that I was dreaming. I then realised I was dreaming, but woke up soon after. If you find out you are dreaming as part of your dream, then you will most likely have a lucid dream.

As for the WILD problem, just keep trying. Not great advice, but I'm sure some more experienced members will help you out there.
      Lucid Dreams since December 19th 2009: 1 DILD
      -----------------------------------------
      Square wheels make the world go round.

Member Achievements:

I don't know how to explain it, you know how in normal dreams you have no pretty much no control over what you do and you just do it most the time?

Well it was more of a in my dream, my dream self knew it was a dream but my conscous mind didn't if that makes sense.

Connecticut
      That is what my first good lucid was like. Feels like you're dreaming that you're lucid without actually being lucid. However you are actually lucid, you just dont have a lot of control over it. I hear that it gets clearer over time, although I haven't had one since.
      "Everything that exists imagined itself into existence."
      First moments of lucidity: 9/19/09
      DILDs: 12 (all but a few were low control or extremely short)
      WILDs: 1
      Basic ToTM: 1

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      Read more dream journals. You will see that people fade in and out of lucidity all the time. There is also a state that many people call semi-lucidity. I describe it as knowing I am dreaming in the back of my mind. It's like watching a movie. You scream when a monster jumps out, even though you know it's a movie.

Congratulations on your first lucid dream!
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

Member Achievements:

Ah ok, thanks guys. Nice to know I was lucid kind of and that has given me more encouragement to carry on trying