• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      The Dreamer Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      100+
      Chicago

First time wilding + method of doing so - worked

So I have read about Lucid Dreaming, watched a couple videos.. I ultimately decided to try the wilding method first using a timer.. I have heard this is a very good way to get your first WILD. Well I got the timer from the lucidity website. Its free there.

What this does is beeps randomly until you turn it off.. it starts out depending on how you set it. I think I had it set to setting 4, which is like, beeps 4 minutes, 8, minutes, 4 minutes, 16 minutes, 20 minutes, 20 minutes, then every 6 minutes until you turn it off... What I read about it said you will usually get your first lucid somewhere around the 20 minute beeps, either in between the 2, or at the start of one.. Well I got up after about 5-6 hours of sleep.. Was still pretty tired.. I should have been Milding in this period, but instead i watched Hannibal lector for like an hour lol.. So... continuing on..

So i went back to bed, set the timer to setting 4.. and fell asleep.. i was woke up each time by the timer, until, i noticed a very long period before the timer went off again, assuming this was the first long period.. at the end of this long dream.. I heard the timer go off but actively decided not to wake up.. I immediately realized I was in a dream, and the guys trying to murder me at this point (lol, shouldn't have watched Hannibal lecter) dissipated after I told him I knew that I was dreaming. Then I physically woke up.. in my bed.. Now, the other things I have read about all this rang completely true.. I woke up, glanced at my hands to make sure i was actually awake.. I also realized my gf had crawled in bed with me... and could hear her breathing next to me, my own breathing still very loud in my mind.. my legs felt very numb but not fully paralyzed.. now the interesting part here now that I was wide awake was that my body was still very heavy.. so I lay perfectly still and started thinking about how heavy my legs where.. I felt them becoming very numb and heavy and feeling as though I probably couldnt even move them if I tried..I started to imagine what it would feel like to move them and slowly they started to wiggle slightly... and then I could move them even more... before I knew it I was actually moving them but also realizing that I actually wasnt.. I willed myself to the hallway and found myself walking.. so I stopped.. jumped up and down a few times... hopped from leg to leg... it felt so amazing real, and i was thinking to myself about how realistic this felt... I did fail to reality check though, so I feel that I had not gained full lucidity because i forgot.. the Alarm went off again, and startled me out of my lucid state before I could progress further.

In Summary. I used the Timer Method, gained lucidity, but forgot to reality check to gain full control, or full vividness of my surrounding ... For the most part I only watched my lower half of my body hopping on the floor lol before the alarm went off and I lost it entirely..

For a first experience on a first try.. I think this was pretty impressive.. For anyone who finds yourself in this same situation.. remember to RC to gain full vividness..

The timer is free at the saltcube website after you sign up for a free account. You can get a flash timer, application timer, and even MP3 Audio files that have the same timer patterns... This method worked well for me so far.. i would like to also see how it works for any of you...

Thanks for listening and I look forward to your input.

Gary

I wouldn't mind a timer for WILDing. Sometimes I cannot tell how long I have been trying till I get up and check and that can be so bothersome sometimes .

However I cannot find the website other then one that requests me to pay for something. If anyone or OP has a link to a mp3 that beeps every few minutes or so I would appreciate it. Can't seem to find anyone on the internet.
      "If you remember what you have forgotten, it was never forgotten" ~Ronstek

DILD = 2
      WILD = 1

Unfolding Onierogen Hijo de la Luna's Avatar
      TN
      I would like to recommending a simple kitchen timer. ya know the ones that are small & hand held. I prefer that to the App. for the timer, especially if i am really mentally tired or lazy. The App timer has been good for me if I am trying it as a napp AND i am mentally nuetral.

I like the timer because I have to turn it off manually which keeps me mentally engaged as opposed to accidently falling unconscious. My only point of contention here is that you have to be on your game and reset the timer or you will fall asleep. I know I have done that before too
      Thought plus emotion creates attitude. Attitude plus action creates experience and experience determines reality

I'm the mother flippin'
      Australia

Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      Quote Originally Posted by bushi View Post
      Thanks for this. This is the timer I used. Works perfect for me and hopefully for you too!!

LD Count
      United Kingdom
      This sounds interesting! I will try it if i can.

Quote Originally Posted by atkins513 View Post
      The timer is free at the saltcube website after you sign up for a free account. You can get a flash timer, application timer, and even MP3 Audio files that have the same timer patterns... This method worked well for me so far.. i would like to also see how it works for any of you...
      I would like some MP3 Audio files, as I don't have a way of using the flash timer in bed, but I was unable to find them. Would you mind telling me how/where you sign up for a free account? I couldn't find it on the website. Thanks in advance.

LD Count
      10+
      San Francisco
      Woops wrong thread. Mods, feel free to delete.
      Last edited by Zenman; 03-17-2010 at 07:53 PM.

I'm the mother flippin'
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by twistor View Post
      This sounds interesting! I will try it if i can.

I would like some MP3 Audio files, as I don't have a way of using the flash timer in bed, but I was unable to find them. Would you mind telling me how/where you sign up for a free account? I couldn't find it on the website. Thanks in advance.
      I'm currently trying out different MP3s here and there.

If I eventually find some that actually work on me I'll be sure to post on what they are and where to get them.

LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      Actually, I can either send you the link or I can upload them for you so you can download them directly... I am 100 percent convinced using the wake back to bed method with the timer is the ultimate. I had a DILD & Immediately an OBE using this method.

Here is the MP3 that is based on RAMP 4 of the timer, which is the recommended one

http://rapidshare.com/files/36483523...dology-com.mp3

The download is free, just click free download, and wait for the countdown timer to end, then click download.. let me know how this works out for you.. I suggest waking up about after about 6 hours of sleep, so whatever time you go to bed, set your alarm for 6 hours later, get back up for 45 minutes, read the forums, do some low energy things... Dont anything caffeinated, after 45 minutes of watching, reading about lucidity (important to concentrate on the goal the whole time by staying in the material), go back to bed and start the MP3, very LOUDLY... You will get a sample when it first starts... each time it wakes you, acknowledge it, and go back to sleep, after about the 4th, 5th, or 6th time being woke up, you will usually wake up in a dream just suddenly realizing your dreaming, or you will wake up in mind, but notice your body is still dead alseep, in this case, follow the OBE induction method, since the body is still sleeping, just lay perfectly still and start to focus on what it would be like to move your legs or body, after laying in this state for a moment, open your mouth wide, it may feel real for a moment, but it wont be your real mouth, then you can usually step out of your body from here.. and walk around.. learn more about this technique and many others by instructional videos, for completely free at http://www.lucidology.com/blog/category/lucidology-101/
      Last edited by atkins513; 03-18-2010 at 04:58 AM.

LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      I've been up this morning for about an hour... heading back to bed now with my timer again.. WBTB-CAN-WILDING, Will report back in a few hours...

LD Count
      United Kingdom
      Ok, thank you very much for that MP3! I shall try it out tonight.

Can I ask you where you found the MP3? I looked on the saltcube website but couldn't find the MP3s anywhere.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it on lucidology.com. Thanks!
      Last edited by twistor; 03-18-2010 at 05:45 PM.

LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      Ok, so I couldnt fall asleep for almost an hour and a half.. but it did work considering I had very very very vivid false awakenings... i just forgot to RC when I had the false awakening lol.. then I actually woke up in my bed realizing it had been a false awakening... dammit lol... well, ill try again tomorrow

LD Count
      United Kingdom
      Ok, so I couldnt fall asleep for almost an hour and a half.. but it did work considering I had very very very vivid false awakenings... i just forgot to RC when I had the false awakening lol.. then I actually woke up in my bed realizing it had been a false awakening... dammit lol... well, ill try again tomorrow
      Cool! Sounds like it works very well with you, hopefully it will be the same with me. I shall find out tonight

LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      Ya, this method seems to work awesome for me.. I am going to start the lucidology 102 6 week training course that is free in the videos.. from watching, it seems like this is the way to go, because you are shown each method, practice each method multiple times, then go onto the next method.. The reasoning for this is because some methods work very very well for some people and others do not.. so you learn quickly which methods work best for you, so you dont waste time with other methods.. I emailed you regarding this.. Be sure to let me know how the beep timer method works out for you, but make sure to use wake back to bed for 45 minutes before using the timer...

LD Count
      United Kingdom
      Ok, thank you very much. I will go though the Lucidology 101 first, then maybe consider 102. I will report what happened with the beep timer tomorrow.

LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      Great im looking forward to it.. ttyl

How does this work, lol?

LD Count
      United Kingdom
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamingDragon View Post
      How does this work, lol?
      This video explains it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKquVghfwG0

So... I sleep for few hours, wake up. turn on my comp to turn this clock on, i go back to sleep, and let the beeps just continue to wake me up?

LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      Yes SIr. But each time you wake up, acknowledge that you are awake, and do a movement free reality check if possible to be sure it has not been a false awakening... this works very well for me..

LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      Quote Originally Posted by twistor View Post
      Ok, thank you very much. I will go though the Lucidology 101 first, then maybe consider 102. I will report what happened with the beep timer tomorrow.
      Let me how it went!

Unfolding Onierogen Hijo de la Luna's Avatar
      TN
      So is a CAN WILD a cycle adjusted nap? or what is that?
      Thought plus emotion creates attitude. Attitude plus action creates experience and experience determines reality

Canada
      Hey, it seems that is working for you atkins513. So I downloaded the file yesterday, and I will report with the results next monday. I cant try it out tonight because i am sharing room with my family in a hotel, and it could be a little disturbing for them.
      Ld's: 2 (DILD: 2)
      Dreams remembered since joining DV: 161

A fundamental mistake of man's:
      "To think that he is alive, when he has merely fallen asleep in life's waiting room." Idries Shah

Yes SIr. But each time you wake up, acknowledge that you are awake, and do a movement free reality check if possible to be sure it has not been a false awakening... this works very well for me..
      Alrite thanks, lol trying to fall back asleep in the 8 minutes though after i turn on the clock on my comp!!! >.<

thats going to be weird/pain
      Last edited by DreamingDragon; 03-19-2010 at 09:16 PM.

LD Count
      United Kingdom
      Let me how it went!
      Not great. I was too wide awake when I did it, so not much really happened. I'll try again tonight, and hopefully will have more sucess

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast