• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 14 of 14
    1. #1
      Newbie lucidspark64's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      363
      Likes
      1

      How do I summon objects?

      I went to the dream content tutorial but when I clicked on summoning, it was like "paged cannot be displayed" or some bullsh!t like that

      anyway, in my dreams, i'm trying to summon a door. but it's hard. i don't know.

      help.me

    2. #2
      DILD: 05 / WILD: 00 Mercen_505's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Planet Urth
      Posts
      95
      Likes
      0
      Granted, I don't have much experience, but what has worked for me is expectation. I turn around, and when I do I fully expect what I want to be there waiting for me. The trick for me is to not try to get it to appear right in front of me. This also works for smaller items you might want to get. If you want a flashlight, for example, start by looking behind a piece of furniture... it'll be there if you're expecting it.

      If all else fails, ask a dream character to get it for you. They will!

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      oniman7's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      LD Count
      22
      Gender
      Location
      Saint Augustine, Florida
      Posts
      1,310
      Likes
      37
      DJ Entries
      5
      Don't be afraid to get creative. Often times, you can grab the wall and pull it out to make a door.

    4. #4
      Excellent dreamer topten35's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      LD Count
      startover:3
      Location
      I am on cloud 9
      Posts
      555
      Likes
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by lucidspark64 View Post
      I went to the dream content tutorial but when I clicked on summoning, it was like "paged cannot be displayed" or some bullsh!t like that

      anyway, in my dreams, i'm trying to summon a door. but it's hard. i don't know.

      help.me
      What was the link? I'd like to read that tutoral.

    5. #5
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      175
      Likes
      4
      We had an old thread which discussed acquiring objects and things.
      It works for me all the time.

      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=73849

    6. #6
      FightingDreamer Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Higurashi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      757
      Likes
      3
      Many possibilities. Creativity and imagination are key :3

      - Close your eyes and tell yourself a door will appear when you open them.

      - Look for one, with the intent of actually finding one.

      - Ask a dream character if they know where to find one.

      - Experiment with verbal and nonverbal commands

    7. #7
      FightingDreamer Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Higurashi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      757
      Likes
      3
      Here's a thread that contained many good links on summoning

      http://dreamviews.com/community/show...oning+tutorial

    8. #8
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Elkfazer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      London
      Posts
      118
      Likes
      3
      I like the general idea of summoning, sounds cool to do stuff like that especially pulling stuff out of your pockets or from behind your back.

      I'm more interested in whether my own dream can do the work for me in some way, so after I'm a more accomplished LDer I'll try to create my own Lucid Dream Gadget store within my own dreamscape. That way I can browse the many aisles of weapons, gadgets, creation or destruction tools and generally have a right laugh trying them out

      And to be totally disconnected from the choosing process, I might even ask the store assistant what gadget he suggests for me to try today
      DILD/AILD (Anomaly Induced Lucid Dream ) 5

    9. #9
      Newbie lucidspark64's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      363
      Likes
      1
      wow a gadget store? ill have to look into that

      but yeah i was just thinking about the pulling something out of your pocket or behind your back like in a cartoon or something.

      inspiration:The Mask
      right?

      and asking DC's to just do stuff for me? thats pretty damn clever. most of my lucid dreams i have been alone though but i can still look for a DC i guess.
      Last edited by lucidspark64; 04-27-2009 at 08:19 AM.

    10. #10
      .
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      LD Count
      Many.
      Gender
      Location
      Deutschland
      Posts
      589
      Likes
      258
      DJ Entries
      10
      My technique for this is very simple. I focus on a particular drawer or closet in the room, and fully expect the object to be in there. Try it.

    11. #11
      FightingDreamer Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Higurashi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      757
      Likes
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Elkfazer View Post
      I'm more interested in whether my own dream can do the work for me in some way, so after I'm a more accomplished LDer I'll try to create my own Lucid Dream Gadget store within my own dreamscape. That way I can browse the many aisles of weapons, gadgets, creation or destruction tools and generally have a right laugh trying them out
      I smiled at this one Elkfazer, what a cool idea!

    12. #12
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Elkfazer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      London
      Posts
      118
      Likes
      3
      Thanks Lucidspark64 & Higurashi ! Do you reckon it can be done though without too much effort, just intending the dream to create the contents of the store I mean?

      I suppose most people like to create their own weapons and tricks and gadgets but I'm really interested in my subconscious creativity and how it goes about doing that after I've willed my intent.Of course it may not work that easily I'm not too sure cos I'm still learning the LD ropes as it were though lol.

      One simple gadget I want to try is one that may give an alternative to the finding a door in a dreamscape, especially for those people that want to imagine a new scene or DC behind it. My idea is for me to have some sort of sticky black rubber mat, similar in size to a round manhole cover that I can roll up in my pocket. When I've got that, door or no door, I'm hoping I can just throw it at a wall or onto the ground and use it as an instant escape hole to another scene/place. Or indeed, if it's placed on the wall maybe I'll just stick my head through my "home made" hole and see whats on the other side, lol.
      DILD/AILD (Anomaly Induced Lucid Dream ) 5

    13. #13
      tegan and sara eppy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      LD Count
      300
      Gender
      Location
      maryland
      Posts
      956
      Likes
      63
      I always pull stuff out of my pockets and it works fine for me


    14. #14
      Lurker
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Posts
      3
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Elkfazer View Post
      I like the general idea of summoning, sounds cool to do stuff like that especially pulling stuff out of your pockets or from behind your back.

      I'm more interested in whether my own dream can do the work for me in some way, so after I'm a more accomplished LDer I'll try to create my own Lucid Dream Gadget store within my own dreamscape. That way I can browse the many aisles of weapons, gadgets, creation or destruction tools and generally have a right laugh trying them out

      And to be totally disconnected from the choosing process, I might even ask the store assistant what gadget he suggests for me to try today
      I've pulled things out of video games, often modded ones. I'll be working on a new amulet for a game, then when I go to sleep I'll have it. I've also built lairs for myself that way- build them in game editor in real life then find them in dream world.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •