• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By TweaK

Thread: Tips on Falling Asleep Fast

Tips on Falling Asleep Fast

I've compiled a little list on tips how to fall asleep fast.
      Usually, I fall asleep super fast, but in vacations I hardly have any physical activities (it's unfair: one day I have super much physical activity and a lot of days I have nearly none, repeat) and thus sometimes it takes over an hour to fall asleep (which is too long imho).
      Therefore, I wanted to create a little list of things I could do without a lot of physical activity (Except for Exercise!, I know..) to still fall asleep within 30 minutes, preferably within 15.

Tips on falling asleep fast:

Drink warm Milk
      I've heard people say normal milk works just as well but my sources say warm milk works a lot better. Either way: Milk! It's nature's way of a sleeping pill.

Exercise!
      Physical activities tire the body (dúh?) which allows you to fall asleep fast.

Warning: Drugs >__> - Marijuana and Alcohol.
      I quit smoking marijuana but everytime I did, falling asleep took me 30 seconds. Same with being drunk, or close to being drunk (the difference is that Alcohol actually does NOT mess with my dream recall; In fact, my DR is awesome when I was drunk the previous night, and my dreams are SUPER weird. Marijuana is sure to destroy your DR. And another difference is I didnt quit drinking )

Valerian Root
      This little plant or whatever it is, is very calming. It's not a sleeping pill (except for "natural" sleeping pills such as warm milk, sleeping pills cause Delta sleep, which causes.. hardly any DR). You can buy these calming pills at your local drugstore (probably), be sure to check the ingredients and see if it says Valerian Root. If it does, then that's the one you should get.

Shower
      Some people say a warm shower, some people say a cold shower. Here's my theory:
      - Warm showers relax. This causes you to fall asleep faster.
      - Cold showers make you cold, and thus it "drains" a lot of energy to keep you warm. It tires you out, physically.

Masturbate / Sex
      Another natural sleeping pill + it's physical activity. 'Nuff said.

Alphabet game
      The alphabet game. Basically, you find a name (related to something specific, e.g. movies, games, whatever) for every letter in the Alphabet. E.g. for movies:
      A: Alien, B: Big Fish, C: Charlie and the choc..., etc. Repeat this a couple of times and you'll fall asleep.

Meditation
      Meditation is a very relaxing thing. You can find enough topics on meditation here probably.

Sleep induction preset Bwgen
      Download BWGen, write the Sleep Induction preset to a WAV file with the "Play to .wav" option, [convert it to mp3 if neccessary] and put it on your mp3 player/iPod/Zen thingy. Plug in your earphones and listen to it until you fall asleep. The preset is 30 minutes, so you should fall asleep within 30 minutes.

Putting your mind to sleep tutorial

Good luck guys.
      doge likes this.

Last night I took my first conscious attempt at dream recall and I got 3 1/2 dreams... Which is more that I ever remembered when I didn't know what dream recall was... I repeatedly said to myself in my head while falling asleep " I will wake up after every dream and remember"... It worked wonders... But some of these techniques wouldn't allow you to do that... It was kinda weird too because I have become lucid many times before discovering what lucid dreaming was... But last night, 2 or 3 of those dreams were pretty far out there and I didn't become lucid... I think it's because I wasn't conscious enough in the dream, because I remember 2 of the dreams perfectly and it seems as if I wasn't even in it... Meh... I was really tired when I went to bed ( at 2 a.m. ), that's prob. why.
      [Edit] Make that 4, just remembered some of another dream where I got a second job... That's all I remember though... So I count that as another 1/2 dream lol.....

Originally posted by kaotic169
      Last night I took my first conscious attempt at dream recall and I got 3 1/2 dreams... Which is more that I ever remembered when I didn't know what dream recall was... I repeatedly said to myself in my head while falling asleep " I will wake up after every dream and remember"... It worked wonders... But some of these techniques wouldn't allow you to do that... It was kinda weird too because I have become lucid many times before discovering what lucid dreaming was... But last night, 2 or 3 of those dreams were pretty far out there and I didn't become lucid... I think it's because I wasn't conscious enough in the dream, because I remember 2 of the dreams perfectly and it seems as if I wasn't even in it... Meh... I was really tired when I went to bed ( at 2 a.m. ), that's prob. why.
      [Edit] Make that 4, just remembered some of another dream where I got a second job... That's all I remember though... So I count that as another 1/2 dream lol.....
      This is not about Dream Recall but about falling asleep as fast as possible when you're not physically tired (At all).

oh yeah, my bad

Montgomery AL, Hell

Anyways, I still say that a bat to the head and asprin in the morning is possibly my favorite way of getting to sleep when I want to.

New Hampshire
      Hmm... I wonder if any of these will help you get into sleep paralysis.
      I got so close this morning, I KNEW that if I relaxed just a little bit more I would be totally paralyzed and ready to WILD, but I couldn't...

Originally posted by Gawain

Anyways, I still say that a bat to the head and asprin in the morning is possibly my favorite way of getting to sleep when I want to.
      Of course, that would own all other theories, but for obvious reasons I wont put it in the main post.

├┼┼┼┼┤
      Equestria
      DJ Entries
      Thanks for the list Envy! What do you find the best?

---------
      Lost count of how many lucid dreams I've had
      ---------

New Hampshire
      The tutorial he linked to works fantastically. Before I found it incredibly hard to just NOT THINK about anything, but now it's easy.
      Thanks!

Uptown, Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada, North America
      what do you think works best?
      Hey add me on msn if you want to chat about lucid dreaming!

Personally, I'd go for the tutorial, the alcohol (>__>) and of course, being physically tired really helps

Masturbation really helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBrains View Post
      Hmm... I wonder if any of these will help you get into sleep paralysis.
      I got so close this morning, I KNEW that if I relaxed just a little bit more I would be totally paralyzed and ready to WILD, but I couldn't...
      [/b]
      Sleep Paralysis has only happened to me once right after I woke up, and I have to tell you it scared the shit out of me. I was like "Omgwtf I can't move and I can only make grunting noises". It was seriously scary even though I knew exactly what it was.

#6, followed by some meditation, works best for me.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by SinofEnvy View Post
      I wanted to create a little list of things I could do without a lot of physical activity to still fall asleep within 30 minutes, preferably within 15.
      [/b]
      That's still a long time to me, but seing the lack of reactions, should I deduce that I am the only one who can fall asleep in 1 min?
      Killing threads since 2002

Well, I can do it if I'm really tired, but on a normal schoolday.. No.

Sweden
      Good thread, thanks for posting... The BWG is really helpful, cool it actually works...

Also read the tutorial you linked and it was helpful too. THaNkz
      Currently practicing WILD. I quote Kaniaz who said it best: "The point of WILD is to piss me off". Though, I have not given up, far from it.

Hey, what about reading! I find speed-reading puts my lights out very quick. In addition, the Sex one, I find that the female population after sex, it gives us energy not relaxation, haven’t you noticed men fall right to sleep afterwards and women want to cuddle and talk. The list rocks though, I could be wrong but I find that my female friends we giggle about this, but.....

Sleep Paralysis has only happened to me once right after I woke up, and I have to tell you it scared the shit out of me. I was like "Omgwtf I can't move and I can only make grunting noises". It was seriously scary even though I knew exactly what it was.[/b]

Now on this subject of SP, it to scares the holy living doodoo out of me. It has happend to me on the regular, yet now though it last for longer periods of time. I have become aware of it now so that I no longer struggle. Yet I cant get over the amazing fear that there is this monster demon who is there. You guys have no idea this is hair rasing off of my arms. I have to force myself to slow my breathing so I can get out of it. Which I can say I have no memory of coming out of SP.
      "When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown. Faith is knowing one of two things will happen...there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly!"

"May your winding path be crossed by a Wise One, and may your spirits perceive recognition"- Jennifer

Banned
      I personally find jacking off to be a good technique. Makes me relaxed for a while, making falling asleep easy, plus it makes the dick cease to be so hard.

Hot milk I don't know about, though. I usually have to limit liquid intake alot before going to bed, or I will be unable to sleep due to having to pee.

Quote Originally Posted by TweaK View Post
      Masturbate / Sex
      True that!
      Hahaha I just had a lucid dream last night!
      LDs since joining:4
      [ ]Wakeboard
      [ ]Snowboard
      [ ] Create/Conduct own music
      [ ] Create/Conduct marching band show

Banned
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Quote Originally Posted by torin_93 View Post
      True that!
      There are better ways of reviving a thread. :\

Yes, all of these work, my favorite being a long jog or sprint, anything that gets my legs really exhausted, I'll be out like a light.

LD Count
      startover:3
      Quote Originally Posted by TweaK View Post
      I've compiled a little list on tips how to fall asleep fast.
      Usually, I fall asleep super fast, but in vacations I hardly have any physical activities (it's unfair: one day I have super much physical activity and a lot of days I have nearly none, repeat) and thus sometimes it takes over an hour to fall asleep (which is too long imho).
      Therefore, I wanted to create a little list of things I could do without a lot of physical activity (Except for Exercise!, I know..) to still fall asleep within 30 minutes, preferably within 15.

Tips on falling asleep fast:

Drink warm Milk
      I've heard people say normal milk works just as well but my sources say warm milk works a lot better. Either way: Milk! It's nature's way of a sleeping pill.

Exercise!
      Physical activities tire the body (dúh?) which allows you to fall asleep fast.

Warning: Drugs >__> - Marijuana and Alcohol.
      I quit smoking marijuana but everytime I did, falling asleep took me 30 seconds. Same with being drunk, or close to being drunk (the difference is that Alcohol actually does NOT mess with my dream recall; In fact, my DR is awesome when I was drunk the previous night, and my dreams are SUPER weird. Marijuana is sure to destroy your DR. And another difference is I didnt quit drinking )

Valerian Root
      This little plant or whatever it is, is very calming. It's not a sleeping pill (except for "natural" sleeping pills such as warm milk, sleeping pills cause Delta sleep, which causes.. hardly any DR). You can buy these calming pills at your local drugstore (probably), be sure to check the ingredients and see if it says Valerian Root. If it does, then that's the one you should get.

Shower
      Some people say a warm shower, some people say a cold shower. Here's my theory:
      - Warm showers relax. This causes you to fall asleep faster.
      - Cold showers make you cold, and thus it "drains" a lot of energy to keep you warm. It tires you out, physically.

Masturbate / Sex

Alphabet game
      The alphabet game. Basically, you find a name (related to something specific, e.g. movies, games, whatever) for every letter in the Alphabet. E.g. for movies:
      A: Alien, B: Big Fish, C: Charlie and the choc..., etc. Repeat this a couple of times and you'll fall asleep.

Meditation
      Meditation is a very relaxing thing. You can find enough topics on meditation here probably.

Sleep induction preset Bwgen
      Download BWGen, write the Sleep Induction preset to a WAV file with the "Play to .wav" option, [convert it to mp3 if neccessary] and put it on your mp3 player/iPod/Zen thingy. Plug in your earphones and listen to it until you fall asleep. The preset is 30 minutes, so you should fall asleep within 30 minutes.

Putting your mind to sleep tutorial

Good luck guys.
      Yes, i have to agree especially about the cold shower which just convinced me tonight. Tonight i just took a cold shower, and i fell very sleepy.