• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By steven01
    • 1 Post By <s><span class='glow_0000FF'>MasterMind</span></s>

Thread: Crazyness

Crazyness

Ok, ive been doing LD stuff for a while now but kind of got out of the groove and stopped having lucid dreams. So yesterday i went to bed and attempted to do a wild with the finger method but lost motivation when i woke up. I went back to bed and "woke up" standing in my hallway. As i walked down stairs to have breakfast before school, i suddenly gained as much awarness as in everyday life.Ive experienced about 8 LDs, but never with this much awareness. I was able to things in my dreams like fly, run life the flash, and some other stuff (the dream was unbelivably stable, in the dream i told my stelf that i wouldn't wake up until i went back to my bed and it actually worked that way!). Anyway, i was wondering if it possible to increase the frequency of these types of LDs. Sorry for typing, i had a long day today and thanks in advance!
      OpheliaBlue likes this.

Professional Nose-Booper Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      I've often noticed a spike in my LD frequency and quality after I've had a break. Other than that, was there anything else you did differently that you remember? Like a change in sleep schedule for example? That's awesome that you were able to do so much in that LD, congrats!

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

My answer would be maintaining awareness, and especially the moment you start dreaming (REM). When we are not critical in our dreams it's because it's a drop of the aminergic system (serotonin and norepinephrine) and when we dream it's an increase of the cholinergic system (acetylcholine) which right now is the best explaination to what makes us dream.

Anyway if you stay aware and are aware at the same time as the aminergic system kicks in, there is not gonig to be a big drop of the aminergic system and that is basically what's happening when we are lucid, the aminergic system is a little bit higher than the cholinergic. So that is why a tradition WILD is so effective becuase you already have the aminergic system more active than if you would just fall asleep. But if you get aware in a dream after falling asleep unconsciously this information can still be beneficial, because then you know that all you need to do is to wake yourself up, and by doing that you increase the aminergic system a bit then you DEILD and are back in the dream.

Now some of the readers might think "Woah Woah aren't you a spiritual guy who talks about spirits and sh*t? How come you suddenly explain the critical thinking as a substance?".
      Hehe my answer to this is simple. How do you explain the fact that YOU are in control of the body's system? How do you explain that you can with just intent make the aminergic system rise in the middle of the night when you are unconscious by affirmation? So you are in other words controling the systems in the brain by intent.

If it is like that at least for me this is a big proof of free will, we are bound by our bodies but we are consciousness and that is something different from the critical thinking aspect of awareness. When you move your hand by will right now, some might want to explain that it is becuase of your life's memories and experiences that makes you do it, it's not you it's just your experiences that makes you do it, so it's not free will. Well I would say that we are choosing what we want to do, but the paradox is that what ever we choose it's corresponding with the "will" of nature, because we are nature. So my view is a mix of humanism and naturalism perspective of will.

We freely choose what we want to do, but it's always corresponding with nature.

Check this short video out it's really mindblowing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN5ssTbQYds

An out of body experience makes you realize that you are a (being/soul/ part of nature or consciousness) temporarily in a human body, but your ego - subconscious, memories and emotions makes you forget.

Namaste (Sorry for going way off topic....)
      Last edited by MasterMind; 11-03-2012 at 02:19 PM.
      LucidRaider likes this.

Thanks guys! i am going to try to do what i did that night again.