• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Smile Introduction and first lucid experiences

Hi everyone! I'm gonna talk here a little about my lucid experiences, and how I got into lucid dreaming.

I'm 18 years old and i've had some lucid dreams during my childhood and teenage years (It's hard to estimate how many exactly, perhaps a dozen or so) but they've always started kind of randomly when I just realize i'm dreaming for some reason. Usually they don't last very long, maybe a minute at maximum. And I have never really had any controll over these dreams (nor have i tried) except for one where I remember summoning a nuclear explosion at the horizon which was kind of cool.

I never knew how to induce these lucid dreams at will, until I got interested in dreaming-related stuff few months ago and started reading about all these things in Wikipedia and various blogs and forums, which is how I eventually found my way to Dreamviews. I was really excited about the possibility to obtain realistic dreams and being able to controll them whenver I feel like.

Few weeks ago I started doing reality checks while awake and decided to start paying more attention to my dreams and trying to memorize them. That's when i had my first "semi-lucid" experience (I don't know how to call it)

I was having some random dream and after that I remember having a false awakening. I was in the kitchen talking with my mom, and then we started to discuss about lucid dreaming for some reason. She told me at one point that our family friend has done some research about dreams (which is not true in real life). After the discussion I got this strange dizzy and tired feeling, and I began to suspect i might actually be dreaming. So i decided to do a reality check and and tried to push my finger through my palm - but it didn't go through and i just figured i'm awake

When I woke up I was little pissed that I had actually managed to do a reality check within a dream but it didn't work.

Couple of weeks rolled by, and during that time i had little to none recollection of my dreams. Last night however was the big "breakthrough".

I have almost a crystall clear memory of my last night dream. I was having fun with a friend of mine at my house and doing some other random stuff, and the next morning I was sitting in the toilet thinking back at the last night events. Then it started to hit me - I didn't remember going to sleep last evening, or waking up this morning! And when i started to pay attention to the bathroom itself, i noticed that the toilet was much closer to the door than normally (thinking back at it, the hole room was completely screwed up, for excample there was this big window-kind of thing on one wall, which is a bit unusual thing to have on your wc But I somehow didn't notice any of this during the dream.) So i reached my arm towards the bathroom wall - and it went through! It was both shocking and extremely exciting feeling, since everything up to that point had felt like waking life despite the few architectural abnormalities. I guess the following adrenaline rush destabilized the dream. I had read that looking at my hands and concentrating would stabilize the dream, but i think it had no affect cause my adrenaline levels were so high. When I woke up I had a similar feeling like after a really horrible nightmare but in a positive kind of way, if you understand what i mean My hart was pounding really hard.

I was a little dissapointed since the dream only lasted for 10 seconds or so, but it was an important milestone cause now i know that i can in fact induce lucid dreams and i'm up for the future dream adventures

PS. I'm not a native english speaker so forgive my clumsy language at some parts And also forgive my over-abuse of smileys.
      Last edited by psychic; 10-19-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Hey man, neighbour from down below here. I'm pretty new here as well , just wanted to welcome you and say that your way of realizing you're dreaming is pretty awesome. I'd love to just finish typing this sentence and then have my hand slip through the glass of water as I'm about to grab it.

Anyway, good luck on your future dreams and welcome to DV

Wants to be canadian! Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Veteran Second Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      The dream world.
      DJ Entries
      Hello sir! Welcome to Dreamviews!!!

Now I know you didn't really ask this but if you want to keep your lucid dreams goin longer, you need to stabilize them. This can be done a number of ways but really all it involves is you connecting yourself with the dream world and forgetting about the real world. A really great way to do this is to possibly just rub everything up in the dream, feel everything and immerse yourself in the dream world. You can also check out the wiki for some more techniques.

Just wanted to give you some advice! Good luck and happy dreaming!

Pm me about any lucid dreaming related questions you have!

Adopted: Zalak123, Bleant, Fengo, SuperDub49, olo12

LD Count
      Honolulu, HI and Jersey City, NJ
      DJ Entries
      Welcome to DV if u have any questions u can PM me and wow u have a natural ability to be lucid in dreams. that's cool now wat's left is just training ur awareness and using techniques and dream control to have even more fun GL and happy dreaming
      LD [x] DILD [x] Share Dream [x] WILD [ ] Complete TOTM [ ] Complete TOTY [ ] Summon Objects [x] Teleport [x] Fly [x] Find DG [ ] Experience an HH [ ] Eat/Drink in an LD [x] Have an LD Battle with a DC [ ] Control a DC [ ] Have an LD Battle with a Dreamer [ ] Go to the Green Moon and put graffiti [ ] Use a Mirror Portal [ ] Go Through a Wormhole [x] Explore a Wormhole [ ] Perceive a Wormhole [ ] Rip the Air to make a Portal [ ] Use a door to ge to Anyhwere [ ] Go see The Pyramids [ ] Become Shapeshifter in Advance Serial RPG [x] Become Warrior in Advance Serial RPG [ ]

CHRONICLES OF RANDOMNESS:---http://www.dreamviews.com/members/jojo946/---

ADVANCE SERIAL RPG!:---http://www.dreamviews.com/f11/advanc...am-rpg-113707/---

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      ~200
      DJ Entries
      Hi there my friend,

Welcome to DV. First of all, Congrats on your LD . Now regarding about your semi-lucid experience(the one where the RC didn't work), it's natural for an RC to not work in certain dreams. One thing I suggest to you is don't just depend on one RC, it would help if you know a large variety of RCs. Try reading this Reality Check Tutorial to know more RCs. Secondly, it's natural for first-timers to have an LD that lasts only in seconds, I suggest you read this Dream Stabilization Tutorial so that your LDs can last longer and you can make out the most of it. Be sure to practice, practice and practice. You'll get used to it in no time. Hope this helps

Yeah i know some other rc techniques too, i guess that one i've been using most often and it was the first one that ppopped into my mind

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
      Yeah i know some other rc techniques too, i guess that one i've been using most often and it was the first one that ppopped into my mind
      be sure to do more than one RC coz sometimes if u do just one it fails..always have like double bak up
      LD [x] DILD [x] Share Dream [x] WILD [ ] Complete TOTM [ ] Complete TOTY [ ] Summon Objects [x] Teleport [x] Fly [x] Find DG [ ] Experience an HH [ ] Eat/Drink in an LD [x] Have an LD Battle with a DC [ ] Control a DC [ ] Have an LD Battle with a Dreamer [ ] Go to the Green Moon and put graffiti [ ] Use a Mirror Portal [ ] Go Through a Wormhole [x] Explore a Wormhole [ ] Perceive a Wormhole [ ] Rip the Air to make a Portal [ ] Use a door to ge to Anyhwere [ ] Go see The Pyramids [ ] Become Shapeshifter in Advance Serial RPG [x] Become Warrior in Advance Serial RPG [ ]

Quote Originally Posted by HoboS View Post
      just wanted to welcome you and say that your way of realizing you're dreaming is pretty awesome.
      I don't actually remember how I have gained lucidity in my past dreams, cause it has been several years (before last night) when I had my previous lucid dream. I think the dreams have already been kind of fading away before waking up, and that has somehow made me become aware of being in a dream.

Btw, I have a distant memory of flying in my dream, not 100% sure if I was lucid in it though.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
      I don't actually remember how I have gained lucidity in my past dreams, cause it has been several years (before last night) when I had my previous lucid dream. I think the dreams have already been kind of fading away before waking up, and that has somehow made me become aware of being in a dream.

Btw, I have a distant memory of flying in my dream, not 100% sure if I was lucid in it though.
      lucid or not flying is awesome!

Ottawa, Canada
      DJ Entries
      Hey psychic! to Dreamviews!

First of all, congratulations on your lucid! Even though they might be quite short they definitely do give you confidence to know that you can induce more. If you practice your recall and know the techniques you will definitely have more.

Also make sure you have backup RCs. Such as checking time, switching on lights, floating, being able to put your finger through your hand, etc. This will reduce the risk of failing an RC in a dream.

Cheers!

Hi again my fellow dreamers! Last night I had a couple of interesting dreams, and I was hoping if you guys could tell me if this first one counts as a WILD: (probably not, but I'll tell it anyways )

I was having a dream (don't remember much about it anymore) after which I woke up, and I was thinking that it would be cool to have a lucid dream again. I fell asleep again pretty soon and started dreaming (it's hard to say if I was conscious the entire time). It seems like I was lucid the entire dream, because I dont remember becoming lucid at any particular point.

The dreams themselves were pretty weird. I the first one I was on a road near my home, and went lying on the ground. Then i waited until a van drove by and the driver got out of the vechile, after which i got up, ran into the van, and stole it. Then I drove it off from a nearby bridge to the lake. I have no idea why I did all this, but there's a slight possibility that I wasn't lucid until the the van was sinking into the lake. Then I got out of the van and went ashore. I was just looking around me and trying to keep the dream together and stable without trying to controll it. At one point some random guy appeared and said that I was completely wasting my dream by not doing anything crazy like flying etc

After this I think I lost my lucidity and the dream changed. I was in my house with my parents and little brother, but I was naked, which pretty quickly made me realize that I was dreaming. However I lost my lucidity again almost as quickly as I had got it. Then I was in the same bathroom as in the dream couple nights before, and again pushed my hand through the wall to become lucid This time I didn't get as shocked as the last time and was able to continue the dream for a little longer. I walked around the house and just tried to keep everything together and as realistic as possible. I tried summoning something in a room by thinking it would be there when I opened the door, but nothing appeared. I think that was when I lost controll over the dream or just gave up, and woke up.

I think the dreams were overall little less vivid and concrete as the one I told about in my previous post, however they always feel little more hazy when thinking back to them in the morning so I can't be quite sure. I hope I can start to gain more controll over the dreams in my next lucids
      Last edited by psychic; 10-21-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      ~200
      DJ Entries
      hoping if you guys could tell me if this first one counts as a WILD
      Hi there again my friend, congrats again on your LD. I think we can classify your experience as a DILD instead of a WILD since you don't know how exactly you became lucid. A person who enters a Lucid Dream through WILD usually knows the dream from beginning to end.(but of course, there are a few exceptions like if you did a lot of epic things in an LD, the tendency is, you'll forget the "less-relevant" parts of that dream).

Remember to keep practicing my friend and always be confident. If you still need some clarifications, reply back. Hope this helps

Had Lucids again after a long while, I might start a journal or something if I start seeing them regularly.

First one was very bizarre, there was some kind of car race on my parents' backyard. I don't remember the details but at some point i was pushing my mum's car with bare hands and accidentally flipped it over. I got so panicked over the fact that I had thrashed the car that I somehow realized I was dreaming. Dream didn't last very long after that, but I was able to fix the car with my mindpower.

Last night I had my longest lucid dream so far. In the dream I woke up and looked at the clock, and then started thinking that this was unusually late for me to wake up. (Apparently I was okay with the fact that i was also in another house and on a kitchen table) So I realized I was dreaming and lifted a chair up in the air with telekinesis (moving things with my mind has become quite easy and a standard thing for me to do in dreams so I use it as one of my reality checks)

Right after i gained lucidity the dream became really blurry and distorted, kind of like looking it through a glass bowl. I was able to stabilize it for a while, and just wandered around the house without doing anything fancy and just trying to keep the dream going as long as possible. At some point I started licking walls and other objects to get a stronger grip on the surroundings. After about a minute and a half I woke up because my bladder was getting full and my little brother making noise downstairs
      Last edited by psychic; 06-25-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Again a short lucid, which again turned really blurry after i gained lucidity.

Dream Warrior Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      In your dreams
      DJ Entries
      Next step is to stabilize. There are many ways to do this. I like to stabilize using all my five senses. Eg. What do i smell? What do i hear? What do i see,fell and so on. Find out works best for you. Good luck. Congrats on the lucid dreams.
      Spoiler for Lucid Goals: