• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Shhh... I'm dreaming. exdreamer's Avatar
      United Kingdom
      DJ Entries

I think I'm close to SP & WILDing but have a question about swallowing / breathing.

So, I've tried to WILD twice now and I think I'm getting close to SP.

The first time I could no longer feel parts of my body touching themselves after a while. I could also no longer feel my chest expanding as I was breathing although I was aware of the air entering and leaving my lungs. I started to hear air rushing past my left ear and after a while it started to sound like a cheering crowd. Then I heard a whisper say my name in a woman's voice.

I got uncomfortable and failed because I shifted.

The second time I had the same physical sensations, but the hallucinations were mostly visual. I saw white lights and lines every so often and then they turned in to white outlines, just at the edges of my view, of bodies or profiles of faces (it was a bit like the title sequence for a James Bond movie .)

Anyway, my problem the second time was swallowing.

The first attempt I was nose breathing, but this time I was mouth breathing because I had read to do so on these forums. However my throat became extremely dry, which I was able to ignore for quite a long time until it started to feel painful, and I just had to swallow a few times.

So my question is, do I need to mouth breath to fool my body in to SP or not? I feel like I was definitely closer the first time due to the auditory hallucinations. What do you think? Any and all advice welcome.

LD Count
      The darkness in your dreams
      I have a similar problem with swallowing and breathing when it comes to WILDing. My sinuses get congested and that makes hard to breathe, and it irradiates my throat.
      "In individuals insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule" - Nietzsche
      VN's DJ

Silent Dragon Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Poland
      what I do to avoid swallowing problem is turning head to right, so my right cheek lies on a pillow.(my head is rested on a considerably high pillow)
      ....have a lucid dream tonight...

dreams recalled: lost the count

California
      I've never had a swallowing/breathing problem before, but when I try to WILD I keep my mouth closed at all times, and I lay on my stomach, so I don't know if that has something to do with me not having those kinds of problems.
      I breathe through my nose, also, and I usually get into the first phases of SP, so I don't think you need to breathe through your mouth during WILD's, in order to have SP.