• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 16 of 16
    1. #1
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Griffin, Georgia
      Posts
      42
      Likes
      0

      What got you back into Lucid Dreaming?

      Around 6 1/2 years ago (15 at the time), I was at home watching tech-tv and drinking a hot, fresh glass of tea, doing nothing more than relaxing after another day of school. I was getting bored, when suddenly they brought out a guest who began speaking about the ability to consciously control every aspect of your dream, while being aware that you were in a dream. He called it Lucid Dreaming.

      The idea was so amazingly simple, and yet, it had never occured to me. Control over your dreams. I was amazed and excited. For the next 2 years, I devoted thousands of hours to Lucid Dreaming. I am by no means a natural Lucid Dreamer. I am much more comfortable with math problems than with artistic expressions. But, I worked hard and had much success.

      However, it was a lot of work. My dream journal was several hundred pages thick...some dreams alone were 6 or more pages. After high school, I moved away and began college. Holding a job and attending college was tough, and Lucid Dreaming became secondary...then, I stopped all together.

      Even though I no longer practiced lucid dreaming, I still had random lucid dreams for the next 4 years. Not often, and not very good quality, but lucid. Then, in January, I had the greatest Lucid Dream of my entire life.

      I dreamt that I was in control of an army of zerglings (from Starcraft). But, to command them, first I had to make it to my castle where they were waiting for me. I snuck around a bit, hiding from the enemy zerglings while slowly creeping toward where the castle was. Finally, I arrived. But, to my dismay, the castle was overrun with the enemy zerglings. My zerglings were trying to fight them off, but without me there to command them, they were being decimated. I tried my best to thwart the attack, but I was defeated and killed by the enemy zerglings.

      I appeared back at my starting position. I had to make my way back to my castle before the enemy could overrun it. I started on the same path I traveled last time, but quicker. Suddenly, I was walking into a town which looked exactly like the town I spent half my childhood in: Jackson, Georgia. Except there were giant ultralisk-like creatures roaming around. Somehow, I knew I had to defeat them. I was about to continue onward when something caught my eye. The main road in Jackson is extremely straight, so you can see way to the other side of the town. I was staring down the road when three beings came into focus. They were riding motorcycles and heading straight toward me.

      At this point, the dream had changed drastically. It was no longer about Starcraft, but had become the beginning of what could have been a nightmare. As they raced toward me, I somehow knew that they were demons, and they were going to kill me. I had to escape, but suddenly I was riding a motorcycle straight toward them. I paniced. I must avoid them, somehow. We drew closer, and I could see that they were enjoying every second of this. Just as we were about to collide, I closed my eyes. When I opened them, I was still driving.

      I had that strange fear, like you know when you turn around, it's going to be there. Sure enough, when I turned around, there he was. Before I could even finish turning my head, he grabbed me and off the bike I flew. It felt like we were travelling through the air at 200 mph. He was above me, holding me by my shoulders. I, in turn, was grasping his shoulders with shaking hands, not wanting him to let go for fear of plummeting to the pavement below. As we sat there flying through the air for what seemed like an eternity, I peered at the demon. It was in reality just a shell; the real demon was inside. The demon shell opened its mechanical mouth, and I could see eyes peering back at me from the darkness within, mocking me.

      At this moment of shock and horror, something snapped. Instantly, I became lucid. Maybe it was the intense emotions and vividness of the dream, I don't know. But what happened next was nothing short of the greatest experience I've ever had in a dream. Being lucid, I knew this demon was a creation from my own mind. I stared at the eyes in the mouth and simply said "Fuck You". I then tossed the demon into the road below and floated effortlessly onto the ground. I turned around, and the demons were gone. I let off a loud yell, demanding that they come back for more, but all I got in return...was silence.

      From there on, I simply flew around the sky of my dream world, filled with a sense of accomplishment. Soon after, I woke up. Although I had gone to bed late that night (around 2 am), and I had only been asleep for 2 hours, I woke up with nearly limitless energy and enthusiasm. I cannot even begin to explain in words how I felt, but no feeling, no drug...NOTHING has even come close to making me feel such euphoria before or since. That was what got me back into Lucid Dreaming.

      I know I went a little (A LITTLE??) overboard here. I don't know why exactly. Maybe it's because I have once again begun to slip on my lucid dreaming practices, and I just needed to re-experience that fateful dream once again. The point is, I have noticed quite a few people here posting about how they are returning to lucid dreaming after a break. I was just interested in why you're returning. What made you go "Man, I want to lucid dream again."

      Anyway, lucid dreams forever~

    2. #2
      WOOOOAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! Elwood's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      AIDS ,CA
      Posts
      903
      Likes
      0
      Wow sounds pretty cool. Recentally ive took a few months for a LD break. But now im gonna start back up again. The reason? Theres a girl i really like from school and i can see us being together. So lding is the best way to spend time together. yay! Just the pure emotion of the recent dream i had with her is enough for me to do anything.

    3. #3
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Out Chasing Rabbits
      Posts
      15,193
      Likes
      929
      I starts about a year and a half ago, but only had one so forgot about it. I got back into it because I had one. Luckily I remembered everything that I had learned and was able to have a really long one, then I found dreamviews.

    4. #4
      Lurker halo0205's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      3
      Likes
      0
      I first read about Lucid Dreaming about 9 years ago and I started my dream journal around that time. I wrote down all my dreams for a couple of years and for some reason got out of doing that.

      I remember when I was younger, I would tell my friends or family about the dreams I was having, there response would be 1. what kind of drugs are you taking or 2. I never remember my dreams. I was kind of at a loss, so I started doing some research online and found out about lucid dreaming. I thought it was pretty amazing. I never really thought about controlling my dreams. I was always along for the ride.

      A couple of months ago I realized that I was not remembering my dreams anymore. I was pretty bummed out about it. I’ve always had really vivid amazing dreams that I could remember. I wanted to get that back. That is when I found this site. I really like this site. Lots of useful info. I’m so glad to find others that have had the same experiences.
      "This is the crack team that foils my every plan? I am deeply shamed." Spike

    5. #5
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Griffin, Georgia
      Posts
      42
      Likes
      0
      Glad to see you found your way to Dreamviews Halo. I too had no idea there was such a huge lucid dreaming community until that lucid dream re-ignited my love for dreams. Although my post count is low, I lurk here a lot because I just like to read about lucid dreams, other people's experiences, and new techniques.

      It's tough to have to start over, and I don't work at it as much as I would like. However, that's what this community is all about. When I feel myself slipping farther and farther from my lucid goals, I come back here to reinforce what it is I'm trying to achieve. I love to lucid dream. Not just the feeling of freedom and control, but the fact that through hard work and dedication, I have achieved what I set out to do.

    6. #6
      Lurker halo0205's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      3
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Dragos Dreamer View Post
      Glad to see you found your way to Dreamviews Halo. I too had no idea there was such a huge lucid dreaming community until that lucid dream re-ignited my love for dreams. Although my post count is low, I lurk here a lot because I just like to read about lucid dreams, other people's experiences, and new techniques.

      It's tough to have to start over, and I don't work at it as much as I would like. However, that's what this community is all about. When I feel myself slipping farther and farther from my lucid goals, I come back here to reinforce what it is I'm trying to achieve. I love to lucid dream. Not just the feeling of freedom and control, but the fact that through hard work and dedication, I have achieved what I set out to do.
      I lurk here alot too. I just joined today. I love to read about techniques and others people's dreams. I love to lucid dream too. It is very exciting and I always feel a sense of satisfaction. Take care and happy dreaming.
      "This is the crack team that foils my every plan? I am deeply shamed." Spike

    7. #7
      宇宙です。。。 •Neko•'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Scotland
      Posts
      658
      Likes
      3
      I came back to lucid dreaming mainly because I remembered about how great my previous LD experiences were, and also because of the holiday which gives me a lot of time for it.

    8. #8
      Mostly Absent
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      374
      Likes
      2

      Red face

      I "came back" to lucid dreaming after experiencing the greatest (nonlucid) dream of my life on the morning of Valentine's Day of 2007, which filled me with such intense joy that I knew I had to get back to that moment, and I knew the only way I could ensure that was by clawing my way back there myself - lucidly. I put "came back" in quotes because I've never entirely been out of trying to have a lucid dream ever since I started a dream journal May 23, 2002, but there have been good gaps of time where I never attempted any active methods (WILD, WBTB) and never kept active in the DV or lucid community at large. But that experience was enough to throw me back into trying with all my heart, because it reminded me of just how much dreaming meant to me and how much it promised if I could just break that lucid barrier once and for all.

      I still posit that dream as the best moment of my life, and I don't expect anything short of finding my way back to that experience, finally, to ever top it.
      Adopted by Richter

    9. #9
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Posts
      25
      Likes
      0
      I actually started getting into lucid dreaming and had 6 lucid dreams after about 2 months of practice...i fell out of it for who knows what probably to much work in school and such...I actually began smoking alot of weed and just found i had no real reason to stop so never decided too...Well after a nice night of blazing i had my first lucid dream in about a year. I was only lucid for about 5 seconds, but i tried the spinning technique arrived in a new dream scene, and compltly forgot i was dreaming and walked through the dream. Not extremly suprisingly the dream was about me quitting smoking so i would become a better astronaut?(something with space) So, ive decided to quite blazing and re start taking up lucid dreamig? Fun story eh? never thought they existed in real life

    10. #10
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Griffin, Georgia
      Posts
      42
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Spamtek View Post
      I "came back" to lucid dreaming after experiencing the greatest (nonlucid) dream of my life on the morning of Valentine's Day of 2007, which filled me with such intense joy that I knew I had to get back to that moment, and I knew the only way I could ensure that was by clawing my way back there myself - lucidly. I put "came back" in quotes because I've never entirely been out of trying to have a lucid dream ever since I started a dream journal May 23, 2002, but there have been good gaps of time where I never attempted any active methods (WILD, WBTB) and never kept active in the DV or lucid community at large. But that experience was enough to throw me back into trying with all my heart, because it reminded me of just how much dreaming meant to me and how much it promised if I could just break that lucid barrier once and for all.

      I still posit that dream as the best moment of my life, and I don't expect anything short of finding my way back to that experience, finally, to ever top it.
      Sounds a lot like what happened to me. It's pretty cool how you can not think about it for so long, then all the sudden it becomes the focal point of your life. One dream is all it takes to once again achieve that feeling...like you just heard about it for the first time. The excitement and adrenaline rush is just amazing.

    11. #11
      Member Torcher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      392
      Likes
      1
      had a monster of an LD in 2003 and have been chasing that same awesomeness on and off since then.
      http://usera.imagecave.com/Torcher/DVsigcopy.jpg
      We who are about to dream, salute you!

    12. #12
      Member tekkendreams's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Posts
      269
      Likes
      8
      Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
      Wow sounds pretty cool. Recentally ive took a few months for a LD break. But now im gonna start back up again. The reason? Theres a girl i really like from school and i can see us being together. So lding is the best way to spend time together. yay! Just the pure emotion of the recent dream i had with her is enough for me to do anything.
      that sounds creepy.....

    13. #13
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      1,331
      Likes
      7
      What got me back into Lucid Dreaming? Nothing I have always been interested in it although I had forgotten this site existed until a month ago so I came back been absent for about 2 years almost.

    14. #14
      * DV Veteran * Clairity's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      8,809
      Likes
      87
      I discovered lucid dreaming in 1998 and, since I'm by no means a "natural", I spent lots of time and money learning how to achieve it.

      After being with my company over 15 years, in 2004 my whole department got laid off with no warning and our jobs sent to India. From that day, I quit trying to LD and had a dry spell that lasted close to a year and a half.. my desire simply wasn't there. (I guess you could say I was a tad depressed).

      I would still pop in to Dream Views but it wasn't until I went back to work in 2006 doing something that I truly enjoy, that I felt that I was ready to begin trying for lucidity again.
      .
      Last edited by Clairity; 07-17-2007 at 03:29 PM.

    15. #15
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Griffin, Georgia
      Posts
      42
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Clairity View Post
      I discovered lucid dreaming in 1998 and, since I'm by no means a "natural", I spent lots of time and money learning how to achieve it.

      After being with my company over 15 years, in 2004 my whole department got laid off with no warning and our jobs sent to India. From that day, I quit trying to LD and had a dry spell that lasted close to a year and a half.. my desire simply wasn't there. (I guess you could say I was a tad depressed).

      I would still pop in to Dream Views but it wasn't until I went back to work in 2006 doing something that I truly enjoy, that I felt that I was ready to begin trying for lucidity again.
      .
      Sorry that you had such a rough time. But I'm glad to hear that you're now doing something that you enjoy. Who knows, maybe you're happier today because of being fired and finding your new job than you would have been if you had stayed with that other company.

      In any case, I'm glad you found your way back to the wonderful world of dreams.

    16. #16
      * DV Veteran * Clairity's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      8,809
      Likes
      87
      Quote Originally Posted by Dragos Dreamer View Post
      Sorry that you had such a rough time. But I'm glad to hear that you're now doing something that you enjoy. Who knows, maybe you're happier today because of being fired and finding your new job than you would have been if you had stayed with that other company.

      In any case, I'm glad you found your way back to the wonderful world of dreams.
      Yep, I honestly do enjoy what I do now a lot more than what I was doing then.. I just wish I hadn't had to take a pay cut of almost 1/2 my salary (unfortunately it sometimes happens when you start over). :p

      Thanks so much for your reply and I'm glad I found my way back too!
      .

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •