The dream started in some sort of math class. I was sitting next to a high school friend that I hadn't seen since high school. He was one of the smartest people I knew. During the class we all had some sort of assignment to work on and I was working on it fairly diligently. I noticed my friend wasn't working on it at all. I recommended to him he start working on it, so he finally started with some other people sitting next to us. They couldn't really figure out how to do it though, so they were watching me do it for a bit.

The dream took a really weird turn and the next thing I remember is being in a small, dark swamp. The swamp was enclosed with high, unnatural looking rock walls and had large cypress trees around the edges and small teak trees in the center. The center of the swamp was filled with water about knee high. The first "person" I met was a talking cypress tree. He told me he wanted me to wrap some of his roots around another tree so that he could absorb it. The roots were normal thickness, but super long and flexible. I was able to drag them through the swamp water to a small teak tree and then wrapped them around three times. In only about ten seconds the small tree was absorbed and I went back to the talking tree.

He told me that wasn't the right tree, he wanted me to wrap his roots around the special, large cypress tree in the opposite corner of the swamp. I take his roots through the swamp over to this special tree. I was about to start wrapping his roots around the tree, but then I hear a high pitched voice coming from within the tree telling me to stop. The voice tells me the talking tree is evil and is trying to absorb this special tree's power to become more powerful himself. This plea convinces me to stop.

I return to the talking tree area, but the talking tree and I never interact again. Instead a wizard comes out of a small rock cave near where the talking tree was. He invites me inside because he has a job for me. The cave has two rooms. The first (connected to the entrance) is completely bare, just a cave. The second room has some alchemy equipment in it. There was also a second man in the cave when I entered.

The wizard tells me he needs me to go back to the special tree and collect a sample of the tree's bark. He warns me that the high pitched voice I heard was from one of two of the special tree's defenders. If I ever looked at them apparently various bad things could happen to me such as insanity, blindness or death.

I leave the cave and head back over to the special tree. Right as I arrive I hear the same voice telling me to stop, which is from one of the tree's defenders. I say "All I need is a small piece of bark". The defender tells me he'll come out of his burrow and if I look at him that something bad will happen to me. I reach for the tree anyway and then I hear the defender scurrying out from somewhere. I immediately close my eyes and I can hear him walking around the outside of the tree, he sounds like a small animal. I walk away from the tree while keeping my eyes closed. Once I'm about ten feet away I open my eyes and walk back to the cave.

Once I arrive at the cave I tell the wizard that one of the defenders stopped me from getting the bark. The wizard tells me the defenders have been a nuisance for him ever since he arrived at the swamp. He says he's going to make a potion that will destroy the tree and kill the defenders. Right after he says that, we hear one of the defenders coming into the cave.

We all close our eyes as the defender is scurrying around the cave. I take a quick peak at the defender. It looks like a large, albino mole without claws and with a squirrel's tail. After looking at the defender for a few seconds I close my eyes. Though, nothing bad happens to me. I take a few more peaks at the defender to further test if I can look at it. Still, nothing bad happens to me. I then open my eyes and keep them open.

I see the defender just aimlessly walking around the cave. I grab the defender and bring him right in front of my face so he can see me looking at him. I yell "Stop bothering me and this wizard, just leave us alone!" The defender is dumbfounded that I can see him and terrified of me yelling at him. He quickly runs back to the special tree. The wizard is also dumbfounded that I could look at the defender. He tells me that I must be special in some way and may be connected to the special tree the same way the defenders are. He recommends that I go to the special tree and talk to the defenders.

I head over to the special tree and find both defenders sitting outside of it seemingly waiting for me. One of them explains that I must have been chosen to be a protector of this swamp. I head back to the cave and tell the wizard what the defender told me. He understands and I stay in his cave to hibernate.

When I awake there's no longer a cave or swamp. Instead I'm in a grassy hills area that has just the one special tree. I notice that a huge elevated highway that's about 100 feet tall and is being built about a mile away from the special tree. I walk over to the special tree to see what's going on, but I get stopped by some small animals. There was a raccoon, fox, skunk and other small animals. All of the animals were angry at me and preventing me from getting to the tree. I ask the raccoon "What's going on?" and he tells me to stay away. I tell him that I'm a protector of the tree, but he doesn't believe me. I then yell out to the defenders, who were not visible, but I assumed were burrowed somewhere near the tree. One of the defenders comes out and is relieved to see me. He tells me that the humans have been destroying the land and building this highway and asks me to do something about it.

I look over the highway and see lots of construction workers and mobile equipment. I see whom I believe is a foreman walking along a beam under the main road while giving instructions to the other workers. I suddenly realize I have magic powers. I reach out my right hand and point it towards the foreman. I dislodge the beam the foreman is walking on and float him and the beam over to me. I tell him that he needs to stop construction on this highway because I plan to destroy it. He laughs at me thinking I don't have to power to stop them. I walk about 50 feet away from the special tree while keeping the beam and foreman next to me, still levitating.

I decide to open a huge crevasse under the foreman to intimidate him. I use my left hand to focus my powers on the ground beneath him and the ground starts to shake. The shaking slowly progresses until it's practically an earthquake. The ground starts to split open into a straight crevasse that was so deep, you couldn't see the bottom. The whole process took about 15 seconds. The foreman still wasn't intimidated and told me there's no way he'd stop work on the highway. I closed up the crevasse and set the beam and foreman down.

With the foreman still standing next to me, I decide to create a lightning/tornado storm. I use both hands to focus my powers on the sky and clouds started to slowly appear. As more clouds appeared, some started to turn dark. About a minute had passed and the foreman started mocking me saying that my powers were weak. The dark clouds started to merge so that the sky was engulfed by one large dark cloud. The wind started to pick up to about 30 mph and then there was flash lightning in the clouds. The lightning became more and more frequent until there was a flash about every second. I could tell the foreman was starting to get nervous. A tornado funnel started forming and the foreman finally agreed to stop construction. He went back to the highway, told all the workers to leave and they left.

After all of the workers had left, I focus the storm onto the highway. The wind picks up to insane speeds around the highway and the highway starts collapsing. I strafe the high intensity winds up and down the highway a few times until it's completely destroyed.