• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Cleveland, Ohio
      DJ Entries

LucasArts & Sierra Point and Click Adventures

Who else played the NUTS off these games as a youngster? For anyone who is not familiar with them, the Lucasarts and Sierra point and click's are adventure games for the PC.

LucasArts and Sierra are seperate companies that each had a distinguishable style of gameplay.

I was in "Half-Price Books" today, and I was looking at their PC gaming section, absent-mindedly of course. I wasn't planning on buying anything. Then I saw "Leisure Suit Larry Collection". It was $9.98 USD, and I flipped a shit.

Leisure Suit Larry is a Sierra point and click adventure about a 40-something virgin, and his epic adventures to basically... get laid. There are 7 games in the series (1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, Magna Cum Laude). A fourth sequel was never made, for reasons unknown.

So, I picked it up, and bought it without giving any thought in it. I've added that to my collection. Now I'm desperate to get my hands on the others. I would like to have them all in CD format, but refuse to pay 100 bucks for some (they can be that rare!).

Now that my epic story is over with, please discuss openly the point and click adventure games, and look towards the bottom to a killer link for fan-made point and clicks. Here is a list, to boost your memory in case you forgot.

Note: These are not all the games made, just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. The ones I have played myself, are marked with an asterik (*).

*Sam and Max Hit the Road
      *Sam and Max Season 1 (Brand New Game)
      *Maniac Mansion
      *Day of the Tentacle (Maniac Mansion 2)
      *Monkey Island
      *Monkey Island 2: LeChucks Revenge
      The Curse of Monkey Island
      Escape from Monkey Island
      *Police Quest 1-4
      *Space Quest 1-4
      *Kings Quest 1-4
      *Leisure Suit Larry 1-7 (Excluding 4)
      *LOOM
      Black Cauldron
      *Indiana Jones 1-2
      Dig
      Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
      Full Throttle
      Grim Fandango

May I also suggest www.bigbluecup.com for an excellent amount of short, medium, and full-length point and click adventure games, made by fans of the genre. I suggest downloading "5 Days a Stranger", just to see how excellent games can be using that site.

Also, here's a neat video of a guy beating 12 of the "LucasArts" games in 24 hours.

Also, if you want links to several abandonware sites that offer these games for download for free, PM me.
      Last edited by AmazeO XD; 06-23-2008 at 04:26 AM.
      You do this every fucking time.
      No sweat.
      No tears.
      No guilt.

http://www.myspace.com/theheroicopening

LD Count
      breathe for me
      gliding in the absolute
      I used to love these games. I played the hell out of the different Kings Quest ones. I think they went up to seven though, before they made an action one. Which was terrible. The others were great though.

The Monkey Island series was really fun. Didn't know anyone else used to play these.

Cleveland, Ohio
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Grod View Post
      I used to love these games. I played the hell out of the different Kings Quest ones. I think they went up to seven though, before they made an action one. Which was terrible. The others were great though.

The Monkey Island series was really fun. Didn't know anyone else used to play these.
      Actually, I just completed (about 2 minutes ago) the first "Leisure Suit Larry" game. I'm making my way through them. While I haven't played King's Quest as much, I played Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle, LOOM, and Maniac Mansion a bunch (those were the ones I had as a kid). I've yet to beat Monkey Island.
      No sweat.
      No tears.
      No guilt.

http://www.myspace.com/theheroicopening

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

Seattle, WA
      Full Throttle was a friggin fantastic game! Good music, too.