dark passenger of dreams Sekhmet's Avatar
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Non-lucid dreams in dark blue.
      Lucid dreams in dark red.
      Comments in black.

INDEX for page 8
      May 7th, 2010 - Army Recruitment with a Canadian Hero.
      May 8th, 2010 - Crippled, then able to Fly.
      May 9th, 2010 - Running from Tornados and meeting an Old Hippy.
      May 12th, 2010 - A dog race, shrinking and terrorists in Turkey.
      May 18th, 2010 - The Obsidian Cave.
      May 25th, 2010 - Soapstone and sushi store.
      June 8th, 2010 - Legolas and Gandalf's bogland quest.
      June 19th, 2010 - Lighting strikes and excavating metal temples.
      June 20th, 2010 - The failed Vision Quest.
      June 15th, 2010 - Guns, lions and videogames.
      June 18th, 2010 - I am a ghost and cannot find my body.
      June 25th, 2010 - Out with the old, in with the new.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 06-26-2010 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Updated index.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

May 7th, 2010 - Army Recruitment with a Canadian Hero.

I am at a public fair of some kind. I don't know the place but there is a large circular Romanesque building in the center and rides and consession stands surrounding it. The circular building in the center is multistoried and I am on an elevator going down to the ground floor. There I meet someone I knew in public school, J.P, though he looks older. He is lost and trying to find his way somewhere. I help him orient himself and he goes on his way.

I am there for army training and see the group that I am supposed to be in and start following. The group is led by Lieutenant-General Roméo Dallaire and he is weaving us through thrater seat aisles and pillers around the building and various rides and events outside. After we have completed a circuit we start again but this time jogging. The rest of the group seems fine but one other girl and myself soon start to tire and have difficultly keeping up.

After the second circuit is completed Lieutenant-General Dallaire starts the group running. Halfway through the circuit I am too tired to run anymore and fall behind, losing sight of the group. I am outside of the circular building and near a large inflatable male lion that is coloured black. It is laying down but it's mouth open as if amidst a might roar. I feel disheartened already because of failing to keep up with the group and falling behind but also feel equally small and pathetic next to this mighty lion. I sit down on a folded metal seat nearby and mope.

Sometime after I have caught my breath the Lieutenant-General and the group rounds and corner and approaches me. I stand up and apologize profusely to Dallaire but he only responds by asking if I am ready to go. I do not understand and he says that he "never leaves a man behind." I protest and say that I am not good enough but he responds that I won't know if I give up trying. I am feeling a bit refreshed after my rest and agree to try again. The group starts off again at a jog and as I follow I look over my shoulder at the inflatable lion and see that it has changed colour to a bright and luminous golden. For some reason this gives me confidence to press on.

The group eventually starts to run again and this time I am able to keep up for the whole circuit. The running comes to an end at a clearing on the tarmac outside of the circular building where a small stage with a red curtain backdrop has been set up. Many civilians have gathered around and in the crowd I can see my father. Lieutenant-General Roméo Dallaire gets up on the stage and starts introducing the runners, giving them little medals and declaring that they have completed the recruitment process and are now officially in the army. Everyone else goes first and I am last.

When it is my turn the Lieutenant-General gives me a metal, says I have completed my training and then adds that I have a special significance in completing this because I persevered in the end and made my father proud. Dallaire notes that I am now in the army at the same age that my father joined the navy and that our proud family militay history will continue. I am confused by all this and though happy to have completed the training I still don't feel that I am good enough to be in the army.

The dream ends there.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 06-24-2010 at 06:49 AM.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

May 8th, 2010 - Crippled, then able to fly.

Dream starts off in a center for the physically disabled somewhere in the United States. There are many young people there who have some form of physical disability but they also are all conscious and able to communicate. I have recently been admitted and though a am conscious I am unable to talk or anything and my entire body is paralyzed. I am a mystery case for the facilatators of the home because I did not have any identification on me when admitted and they do not know how to contact any relatives. There are three people who work there. The owner of the organization: a black haired man man in his mid thirties, a light-brown haired female attendant in her mid fourties and a blond male attendant also in his mid fourties.

I am put in a wheelchair and rolled into a amplitheater room with a big screen and there is a nature movie or documentary playing. The other disabled teens try to talk to me and though I can hear them, I am unable to respond. After the movie is over the other teen are returned to their rooms but the attendants and I am the last to go. For some reason the female attendant doesn't like me and she dumps me out of my wheelchair onto the floor down a little used hall, where I lay all night and most of the next day.

During the night my spirit is able to leave me body and I can float around the center and watch things going on. While the owner is in his office the two attendants retreat to an office on the other side of the building and start drinking alcohol and doing drugs. After the owner leaves the intoxicated female attendant rifles through the owner's officer looking for something. There is a part of the dream involving elevators on the outside of the building leading to secret top for rooms or something but the dream is fuzzy and I cannot remember much.

The next day a female inspector arrives unannounced and find me laying on the floor in the back hall. The male attandant is perplexed but the female attandant denies all knowledge of anything and tries to blame me for faking my vegatable state and when that doesn't work she claims one of the other diabled teens must have done it, even though it would be physically impossible for them, literally.

Even after all this I am still left on the floor as the center continues with it's activities as normal. The attendants ignore me but some of the disabled teens try to protest on my behalf, but to no avail. I am still out of my body and my spirit still floats around. That night my spirit follows the female attendant after her intoxicated fling with the make attandant, into a room in the basement which has a big decorated door at the other end.

She goes through the door and it opens up into a grand baroque design dining hall where many tables are elegantly set for many guests. The ceiling is very high and huge bay windows let lots of light in as if it were the middle of the day. Between the tables and leading to other rooms is a set of traintracks for a train about 1/3 the size of the real thing. At the large table in the center of the room sits North Korean crackpot leader Kim Jong-il with his entourage. His followers are singing praises to their leader and a little Korean girl in gymnastic tights is dancing on the table.

The female attandant whom I followed in spirit begins putting wine galsses on the tables and is pouring wine for everyone as more guests arrive. The new guests are wither Korean or Caucasian but all seem happy to be in the presence of Kim Jong-il. There are several other servants and one woman and man are giving people wine filled glasses but for some reason they keep putting the glasses on the table upside down and spilling the wine all over the guests, though no one seems bothered by this. A train suddenly appears from another room and pulls up in front of Kim Jong, who boards it along with many of his guests, and it starts weaving along the tracks and around the room, and eventually to other rooms which are also in the baroque style and as elegantly decorated.

My spirit follows unnoticed by everyone except the North Korean leader who starts yelling at me to come closer and teach him how to fly. His entourage ignore their leader's yelling at seemingly thin air as drunken rambling and continue singing his praises. I fly above the train for a while but it sudden exits the building and stops on a high hill over looking a forest. My spirit transforms into a dark brown eagle or hawk and I start flying out over the forest. King Jong-il transforms into a Bald Eagle and follows.

I dip through tree branches and swerve in and out of thickets trying to lose my follower but he is able to stay on my tail. The forest gives way to a city with many tall buildings and skyscrapers and I easily sail over top of them while Kim Jong seems to have trouble maintaining the same amount of hight, though he is able to keep pace with me by flying around the tall buildings and not over them.

He tries to talk to me about one of his sons, but I am too busy enjoying the freedom of flying and I ignore him. The city ends and an ancient forests will trees as tall as skyscrapers appears and I fly low through their thick trunks. There are stick and mud huts built in some of the trees and I can see primitive people living there. They come out of their little houses or stop working to watch me fly by. Somewhere along the way I have lost the Kim Jong bald eagle but I think little of it and keep flying. The ancient forest eventually gives way to beautiful snow capped mountains and a pristine, sparkling lake.

The dream ends there.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 05-08-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

May 9th, 2010 - Running from Tornados and meeting an Old Hippy

Dream starts off with me in the downtown section of city I do not recognize. The streets are empty of cars and people. It is daytime but the sky is dark with fast moving, stormy clouds. It is not raining but very windy. I have a portable radio with me and the news report says that there is a severe tornato warning in effect. In the distance I can see several tornados twisting and crisscrossing along the horizon and they are coming closer. Every door I try to shops or homes along the street are locked and I start to panic because I cannot find any shelter.

At the end of one street I can see a park with a cement wall bathroom facility. Thankfully the door is unlocked and I can go inside. There are five stalls and I hide in the middle on and cover my head, fearfull that the windows will shatter and drop broken glass all over me when the tornados hit. The sound of the wind howling increases to an almost deafening level and the building starts to shake as the tornados approach. The windows shatter and part of the roof is ripped off as they hit. Everything that is not bolted down gets sucked out of the hole in the roof. I have to cling desperately to a metal bar above the stall door to avoid getting sucked out myself, though I fear the worst when the bathroom stalls begin to shake violently and start to unbolt.

The tornado passes and there is sudden silence. I have a permanant marker in my pocket and I write "This metal bar saved my life" on the bar that I clung too desperately. I turn on my radio again and the news report is saying that more tornados are on the way. No longer feeling safe in the ravaged bathroom facility, I risk going outside to find a better place to hide. Beyond the park is a cemetary and a two storey church. The door has been shaken loose by the storm and I can slip inside. The inside of the church looks like any other except for hundreds of vinyl records laying on the pews and alter. I think that coming here was a bad idea because those vinyl records would be deadly projectiles if airborn, but I cannot leave because several tornados are closing in rapidly.

The church has a basement and I go downstairs to find a place to hide. I am surprised to find that there are four people already taking shelter down there. There is a black couple dressed like they just stepped out of the seventies, a Hispanic man in grey business suit, and an old hippy man with long grey hair in braids and a long grey beard. The black woman introduces herself as Cleopatra (or Cleo for short) and her partner introduced himself as Ben. I cannot remember the suit dude's name but the Hippy introduces himself as Leo as he is rolling a joint from a large bag of marijuana that he is carrying.

I ask the hippy why he is rolling a joint at a time like this and he says "If I'm going to die, man, than I'm going to die high as a kite, man" which amuses the black couple and myself. The Hispanic man scoffs and tells the old hippy that he is wasting his time. I mention that it is funny that Cleo and Leo have such similar names.

The building begins to shake as the wind howls wildly. A tornado hits and debris and vinyl records start flying down the basement stairs. We are all huddled in the far corner behind a cement pillar and are safe from most of the debris. There is a huge crack and crashing sound from upstairs and we discover after the tornado has passed that the church has collapsed on itself. There is enough room for us to slip out of the collapsed building though and get out alive.

I listen to the radio again and hear that the storm is far from over and Cleo points out more tornados in the distance that are approaching. The Hispanic dude gets scared and runs away by himself, ignoring our pleas that we should stick together. The old hippy says that he has a storm shelter within the city in the industrial section but it is far and we'd have to find a car to get us there. His microbus just happens to be sitting on a side street near by and it is undamaged to we get in and drive through the back alleys to the industrial section of the city. Along the way we have to dodge many other cars scrambling to get out of the city before the next tornado hits, including a blue semi which almost runs us off the road.

Leo's shelter is located between two large factories and when we go inside we find other people who have taken shelter there, including a mother with two children, some vagrants and a man who is passed out in the middle of the floor. Leo closes the door and we all listen to my portable radio and wait out the storm (as Leo rolls some more joints and passes them around). The announcer on the news says that half of the city has been destroyed by tornados and that they are still coming. No one knows when the storm will end.

The dream ends about there.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 05-09-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

May 12th, 2010 - A dog race, shrinking, and terrorists in Turkey.

Dream starts off with me at some sort of Olympic event for dogs. There is a race down a long winding path that looks like a bobsleigh track. The dog I have entered looks like my friend RM's previous dog Memphis, a shetland sheepdog who passed away last year. Spectators and other dog owners have gathered in a sphirical room where the race starts and where it can be watched on a large screen t.v. There are many people there but the only one's I really pay attention too are a group of three young men who are dressed in black or dark blue suits and look like hitmen. They are determined to win and I fear they may become violent if they lose.

The race begins but I am too worried about watching my back and keeping an eye on the dangerous looking suited men than the ranking of my dog in the race. The race ends and neither I nor the suit men win but for some reason I leave the statdium with them and we all leave our dogs behind. Outside there is a path that leads to floating boardwalk that goes over a lake to a townhouse complex on the other side. As we cross the boardwalk it starts to sink and we are forced to swim across. For some reason we have to do all of this unseen by other because we are running from something but I cannot remember the reason anymore. The most handsome of the suit men sticks close to me and is very protective. I think his name was Vince.

When we get to the other side we have shrunk and are about the size of crows. We start sneaking around one of the townhouses when we run into my friend RM and her dog Memphis. She tells us that the coast is clear and that we can get by unseen. Past the townhouse complex is a parking lot, then a trailer park where the Vince's alcoholic father lives. We take shelter in father's trailer and Vince and his father argue about something.

Beyond the trailer park is a huge grocery store which we have to sneak through to get to something on the otherside. We dodge through aisles and onto a table with fruit when we are spotted by some shoppers but they don't threaten us like we thought they would and rather only show curiousity about our small size. The four of us finally get through the grocery store and find ourselves in a dirty run down town.

The dream changes and Vince's two companions disappear and he language and dress of the poor people walking around inform us that we are in a slum in the eastern European country of Tukey. The slum is overrun with gangsters and terrorists and anyone who lives there are virtual prisoners. Vince and I are normal size again and we are now lovers and he is my fiancee. Because of the dangerous conditions of the city we go are seperate ways because Vince has to find something that will let us get out of the slum and to freedom and I am told to mill about a trade center to wait for him.

The trade center is filled with goods from all over the world and I am amused to find a section of Canadian memorabelia and soapstone carvings. There are explosions outside and the people in the trade center panic and start running around to find cover. I ask one old woman what is going on and she tells me that terrorists have been randomly attacking the slum and bombing certain streets. I go outside to try and find Vince and see that there are people walking around cautiously either trying to go about there business or find shelter.

There is an older man who works somewhere nearby that I think can help me, but the bombings are close to where I think I can find him. I search up and down many narrow dirty streets until I find the dentist's office where the older man works, but it is closed and no one is there. I walk out of the alley and see a gang of men wearing masks, carrying weapons and riding crudely built motorbikes riding up and down the streets forcing people to do as they say and to go inside or they will kill them. I know these are the terrorists and I have to hide behind some debris in an alley to avoid being seen until they pass.

I run into a woman who says she knows where the old man is and I follow her to a cafe halfway across the slum. We manage to get there unnoticed by thugs and find many people trying to take shelter or relax and have a coffee. The older man is there and he admits that he knows where Vince is but first we have to go back to his dentist's office to get something. On the way we are stopped by some masked men who threaten us, but the old man shows them a pass of some kind and says that I am his daughter (and he is escorting me home for the forced curfew) they begrudgingly let us on our way.

At the dentist's office the old man is dismayed to find that it has been broken into and the place has been ransacked. His money, passport documents and stash of cigarettes has been stolen. The old man thinks awhile about what to do next before deciding that we should head to the trade center which is not that far away.

The dream becomes fuzzy and I cannot remember a bit but somehow we meet up with Vince who had been captured and tortured by some terrorists. The old man bribes someone to take us to a port town nearby where we can sneak onto a cargo ship and onto freedom. We succeed in getting on the ship but some gangsters or terrorists find out that there are two people trying to escape from Turkey and they get there own ship to pursue us. The crew of the cargo ship get nervous about having us as passengers and dump us on a small island not far away from the port on which there is a curcular fort of some kind that has many levels underground.

Vince has acquired some guns from the cargo ship crew and he sends me into the lower floors of the building. He is able to kill some of the pursuers but is forced into the bowls of the fort when confronted with the leader of the terrorists. He gives me one of his handguns and tells me to go to the lowest floor and wait for him. I can hear gun fire and yelling but don't know what is going on until Vince and the terrorist leader come running down, shooting at each other. The terrorist leader has transformed into a hideous beast and is more impervious to bullets. Vince has trouble taking him down and just before the end the leader summons more warriors to fight for him.

There is a long gun battle all over the basement of the fort but Vince eventually triumphs with my help but the dream ends before we leave the island or anything.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

May 18th, 2010 - The Obsidian Cave

Dream starts off with me living back at home with my parents. They are bugging me to find a program to do over the summer or get a job. There are several artist's groups listed in the community newspaper but I am reluctant to apply because I don't think I am good enough. My parents take me to an intake session for one of the groups and I bring along a soapstone carving that I made, which looks like a mermaid sitting on a rock. The meeting takes place in a cave in a remote mountain range for some reason. The room we are in is chisled from black obsidion and is dome shaped.

The judges like my carving and one of them says that carving soapstone is really hard (even though in real life it is not) and ask me to step into the middle of the room. There are camera's planted throughout the room and they want to take my picture in the nude. I refuse, even after all the men are aked to leave, but somehow my mom convinces me that it is for the best. After the pictures are done my father and brother Ry want to see them and I become upset and try to destroy the pictures because I don't want them to see me naked.

As this is happening the judges and my family leave and some archeologists come in carrying some old bones. They place them on the platform in the middle of the room and start taking pictures. A white wisp of smoke emerges from the bones and transforms into a ghost of a man from about a century ago. He is angry and flies around the room wildly. I am the only person who can see him and when he realizes he can talk to me he tells me that he was murdered and that his killer is still roaming free. I try to explain that is impossible because many decades have past and his killer is probably dead now but the ghost will not believe me.

The archeologist's take the bones away and bring in a partially decomposed body of a child. When they take pictures of it the spirit of the dead child awakens and tells me that she was murdered by a pedophile. I feel bad but don't really know what to say and the ghost child goes on to tell me that the murderer has proof of the crime on their computer and she wants me to find it. I try to explain that would be impossible but the ghost evaporates before I can finish speaking.

The body is taken away and I am left alone in the obsidian cave as the doors are locked and lights shut off. When night has fallen the walls of the cave suddenly show that I am deep under water (though still in a cave) and a variety of sea life is circling the dome as if I were in an underwater observatory or something. Not just normal sea creatures but mermaids and weird looking sea monsters swim by as well. I go up to one side of the dome and find that I am slip through it as if walking through a thin layer of jello and I am now out in the water. I can breath despite being underwater and I start swimming around the cave trying to find my way out.

There is a faint glow of light out of a narrow shaft that leads upwards and I follow it until I surface in a small cennote. There is a redheaded woman standing on the side and she helps me out and I find myself near the top of a mountain. On one side there is an ocean and the other side is a flat life-less plain that goes off to another mountain range in the horizon. The redheaded women tells me that the old mountain range was crushed underneath the new mountain and that this one will suffer the same fate when a new mountain appears.

The dream ends there.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

May 25th, 2010 - Soapstone and sushi store

Dream starts off with some friends of mine from highschool and I wandering into a craft store. There are many crafts that are made by or influenced by Native American art and mythology, but I find some sculptures carved out og soapstone that are inspired by ancient Egyptian and Greek mythos.

My friend Becca wants to go to a sushi resturant that is attached to the craft store and we all get a seat that overlooks a ski hill through a larg window. For some reason the resturant will only let six people sit per table and our group gets split up.

When are first order arrives some of the dishes are mixed up or are completely wrong and instead of rectifying the situation the waiters get angry and threaten to kick us out of the store. My friend Becca somehow manages to talk to the waiters and straighten things out, but when our second round of food comes, many of them are also the wrong order.

Many in our group get up and try to leave out of anger, not wanting to pay the bill, but the owner comes out and tries to convince us to stay. Menawhile, Becca notices that their order sheets and reciepts are outdated and from 2008 but I say that it doesn't matter or something like that.

I cannot remember any more of this dream.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

June 8th, 2010 - Legolas and Gandalf's bogland quest.

Dream starts off with Gandalf the White and Legolas from the Lord of the Rings trilogy making their way along a wooded boardwalk through a swampy forest. They are looking for a mystical talking animal which will help them on their quest but thy do not know what the animal looks like. Gandalf and Legolas occassionally come to clearings where they find very short people working the open bogland like they were tilling soil on a farm. One woman they meet asks them if they ever come across a girl child with orange hair. Gandalf and Legolas reply in the negative and the woman laments that she will never find her lost daughter.

Gandalf and Legolas continue deeper into the boglands and after passing through a particularily thick forest they come to a clearing were a large house sits upon a hill that overlooks the whole area. The door is locked and no one seems to be home so the two continue on their way. The boardwalks beyound the hill split into many directions and some loop back and rejoin the original path, leading absolutely nowhere and making finding one's way very confusing. Gandalf uses his magic to help find the right path and they eventually come to a barrow with a large stone entranceway.

Out of cave comes a mighty African elephant who greets them and says that he has been expecting them. Gandalf and Legolas are happy to have found the mystical creature which they travelled so far to find, and the elephant agrees to return with them to Gondor, but only on the condition that they do something for them when they get there. Despite it's large size the wooden boardwalk magically supports the elephant's weight and they travel out of the boglands with no problem.

Once in Gondor the elephant insists on travelling to an isolated village in the wild Northlands before he will lend his magic and wisdom to King Aragorn. Gandalf and Legolas take him to where he wants to go and the elephant leads them to a small home outside of a village called Wallakeya (or something like that) where they find a young woman with orange hair living by herself. The elephant says that this is the girl child that the bog farmer woman is looking for and that she should be returned home to her mother.

Gandalf explains to the young woman (who looks like my dream incarnate Kalima) the situation and then entrusts Legolas with the task of returning to girl home before reutning to Gondor with the elephant. Legolas and the young woman leave immediately and head towards the boglands, with Kalima riding on Legolas's white horse and him walking beside. They travel to where Gandalf and Legolas first met the bog farmer, but she is nowhere in sight. As they continue to travel they come across a man walking along the boardwalk who tells them that the farming season is over and that most of the residence of the bog have gone home and they can probably be found at the big house on the hill.

Legolas and Kalima continue on their way and somewhere along the way get another travelling companion, an unnamed woman dressed like a peasant, but somehow knows Kalima. The three travellers come to the big house on the hill and they are directed to the Chief's house deep in the forest, for it is his wife who was lamanting losing a child. Before they even get there Kalima starts questioning the claim that she is they child because everyone living in the boglands is short and stocky like dwarves while she herself is normal size. Legolas says that the magical elephant could not be wrong so they continue on their way.

They arrive at the Chief's house in the dead of night and Legolas is asked by Kalima to sleep outside because somehow she knows that the Chief is an extremely jealous man and will not permit another man to sleep in his home while women are there. In the morning the Chief greets Legolas but he is a gruff unfriendly man and offers no reward to the Elf Prince and demands that he leave right away. Legolas is uneasy but heads home anyway after say his goodbyes to Kalima and the other woman.

While the Chief's wife is happy to have her daughter back she is not allowed to show it because the Chief forbids displays of affection in his presence. There is a meeting happening at the big house on the hill and Kalima follows the Chief there and sees that he is a meanspirited cruel man as he threatens and bullies the bogland people into obediance, who visibly resent the Chief's treatment of them but cower in fear and say nothing.

The dream ends with Kalima storming out of the meeting house and contemplating running away.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 06-20-2010 at 04:44 PM.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

Lightning strikes and excavating metal temples

I am outside in a semi-arid landscape near a consession building with a large knarley, leafless tree nearby. There are no clouds in the sky and the sun is setting but from somewhere in the sky lightning eminates and strikes at random places around the consession building. I am staning a few meters away but I get the impression the the lightning is trying to hit me. I am able to dodge many strikes easily but it is getting closer and closer. A huge bolt comes out of nowhere and strikes the large knarly tree, splitting it in two and setting it on fire. The lightning mysertiously stops and I go into a nearby tent to sleep for the night.

The next day the remains of the tree and consession building are gone and in its place is a large excavation pit where a young black man with an afro and brown sweater over a white long sleaved shirt and excavating something. His partner is a Latina woman with long black hair, brown shorts and black tank top. We know each other in the dream somehow and they ask me to help them. The have half uncovered a metal framework of some kind and the man is telling me that it is an ancient Hindu temple that was made with metal pillars instead of stone.

The woman starts to uncover some floor tiles and I help her. After many hours we have uncovered system of beautifully decorated floors that have brightly coloured mandalas and other Hindu designs on them.

The dream ends there.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 06-20-2010 at 10:59 PM.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

The failed Vision Quest

I am young than I look now and wearing a grey and red poncho. I am in some sort of museum or cultural center focusing on North American Aborigonal Societies. I am there to participate in a vision quest and arrive late in the afternoon to recieve instruction on what to do. I am told by some Elders that this vision quest is more like a savenger hunt because I have to obtain seven various items from safes that are hidden around the facility. The safes are locked with complex systems that require finding the right item to open them, and not all of the items are plain keys, which are also hidden from plain view.

I see that there are several other young people in the meeting room, some I know in real life and some I know in the dream. They have already completed their vision quests and are just visiting the facility. One of the coditions of the vision quest is that I must find and do everything alone and cannot ask for help from anyone. I go over and say hello to some of the people I know but many of them outright ignore me or are reluctant to talk to me.

Evening comes and many people leave but I want to stay as late as I can and get as much of my vision quest done as I can. I walk through the facility and looks along all the walls and corners for hidden safes. I find one but it is locked and I do not yet have the key to open it. At first I am closely observed by some Elders who follow me around and take notes on my progress and discuss it amoungst themselves, but I lose track of them at some point and left to explore on my own.

I find by self on the second floor of the building and come to an area that is open to the floors below and is crisscrossed with wooded suspention bridges. The only way to the other side is across the bridges and as I start to cross I notice two Tolkien inspired elves standing in the middle of one, observing my movements and loudly discussing me. One elf looks like Peter Jackson's version of Elrond and the other is a dark haired elf with a stern look on his face.

I cross the bridge and explore some of the rooms that have many indegenous artifacts on display and see two of my friends who are First Nations peoples. One of them I know completed their vision quest years before and the other says that he is just starting his, which confuses me because I thought I was the only one. It dawn on me that this is now a race because if he obstains the items before I do than I will obviously be unable to collect those items. I do not tell him that I am also on my vision quest. They move on and I continue searching the display cases until I find a gold token, which I hope can be used to open a safe.

Finding nothing more of unterest in the remaining rooms of that area I head back towards the wooden suspension bridges where the two elves are there and still watching me. They are having an argument about something and as I cross the bridge and walk past them, the Elrond looking elf grabs my arm, leans in and tells me tells me where to find the next safe and how to open it. I pull away, plug my ears and run because I am not supposed to recieve help from others and I don't want to get in trouble.

Back on the ground floor though I go straight to the safe he told me about but it will not open. Nearby in a potted plant I find another gold token. I wander around some more and find an arts and crafts room that has a safe sitting on a table. Down the hall from this room is a women's bathroom and another safe. The safe on the table contains a coin operated locking system but which I put my two gold coins in, they are immediately spit out. Ayoung boy working on a craft in the room tells me that I need three tokens to open that safe and the the item and key inside will open the safe down the hall.

Just then my friend who is also doing his vision quest walks in the room and inserts his three gold tokens into the safe which pops open and reveals a green jade stone medallion and another key. He then uses that key to open the safe down the hall and loudly declares that he has completed his vision quest. Several Elders and other people enter the room and congradulate him and they all walk out to celebrate somewhere. Just then the public announcment system plays a message that the facility is closing. I watch everyone in the building leave via the main exit, but I am crushed by my failure of the vision quest and I hide in a women's washroom that contains a lounge and cry.

I suddenly have a backpack with me and I open it and find several key chains with lots of keys on it, some stones and shells, a picture of my first cat and various other random crap that seems pointless and meaningless to me because they would not have helped me on my quest anyway. Many hours pass and a cleaning man discovers me sleeping in the bathroom and alerts security. A friendly brown haired security man wakes me up and offers to drive me home. We hop into is light blue 1956 Ford pickup and drive through the country. I don't talk to him because I am very despondant and depressed. We approach some train tracks and despite the warning lights that a train is coming the security man just keeps on driving. I fear that we will be hit by the train but cross just before it does and it misses the truck by just a few feet.

The dream ends there.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      June 15th, 2009 - Guns, lions and videogames.

Dream starts off with me in a very small town in a desert. There is a variety store that sell guns, and a fast food outlet, as well as a few houses scattered around. I am in the variety store looking at the guns that are displayed on a wall. There is something about someone trying to rob the variety store or something but he is chased away by the owners who have their own guns or something. I remember contemplating buying one but I cannot remember if I actually did or not.

I go to a building next door (to the left) that seems like an art gallert or something but it is dark and empty of people. There is a raised platform at the back where suits of armor are displayed along side aquariums filled with gold fish embedded into the walls.

I go back into the variety store and into a hall that connects it to the fast food joint (to the right). The hall is windowless and narrow, its walls made or cork board and it has a dirt floor. In the middle of the hall are two juvenile African lions. They are both male and one is a pale yellow, almost white in colour and the other is a dark golden colour. A women taking care of them tells me that they have been raised together and are the security system for the gun store. The lions are play fighting with one on it's back on the floor and the pouncing on top of it. As I walk by the lion on top growls and takes a swing at me, but then goes back to play fighting with it's brother.

I am not in the fast food joint and the layout is really weird. The door I walked through leads to the eating area but it is seperated from the ordering counter by a stone and glass wall. To get to the counter you have to go outside to a door at the back of the store. I go outside and around and into the ordering area and make an order of a two burgers, some fries and a drink. The man and woman who own the store are of oriental decent and when they are done making my order they go into the eating area and start eating my fries. I have to go back around the store and into the eating area and take my food from them and ask for a refund since they ate half my fries. They say nothing and get up and leave the store.

I eat my food and go back into the variety store which has changed in sixe and is now larger. There are arcade games at the back now as well as a few computers with games on them, though the computers look like open, three ringed binders. I am play a few games, one an RPG with princesses and another a shooting game and break the current records for best gameplay.

The dream fades and I cannot remember anymore.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 06-25-2010 at 09:39 PM.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      June 18th, 2010 - I am a ghost and cannot find my body.

It is late in the night and their is no moon. I am wandering through some abandoned warehouses that have the floors ripped up. It lookes as if their is an excavation going on because there are deep pits and excavation tools laying around, but the building is dark and there is no one around. I wanter outside and come to a platform beside some train tracks. I don't know if the tracks are in use because they look old and are over grown with grass and stuff but a small train does arrive and I get on one of the passenger cars. All of the cars of the train are open to the outside or are roofless, more like tram cars or something.

The train doesn't go very far and stops in front of what looks like a college or university. I get off and wander around the building and note that despite it being the middle of the night, there are many students and people around. I find my way inside and realize that no one can see me. I look down at myself and I am transparent like a ghost. I suddenly realize that I am dead and remember that I was murdered not long ago and I want someone to find my body so I can be at peace.

There is a commotion with several of the students and they rush inside of the building. I follow them to the expansive library where many people have gathered and are watching a news report about the bodies of hundreds of murdered students being found in mass graves in a swampy area not far away. The police are unable to explain how so many students could go missing and be murdered without any evidence of who is behind it. Everyone on campus fears that a serial killer is on the loose and many people are afraid to leave the school grounds.

While I do not become aware that I am in a dream and am able to consciously control my actions and I start to fly. I move through the walls of the college and high up into the air. I come to a beach along a river where there is a pink radio station with a large antena a top of it. Anong the beach are power line towers that are oversized and take up much of the space along the beach. There is a helicopter circling the radio tower while trying to dodge the over sized electrical towers. The copter is using its search light to scan the beach and the people who have gathered on it as well as the radio building itself. I can hear people on the beach saying that they think the killer is nearby or something.

I follow the river and come to a lake where there are many coast guard boats transporting bodies found in the swamp on the other side of the lake. There are many police officers and heavy earth moving equipment. There are many hole in the ground and open graves where bodies have been found. Some of the bodies have been loaded into the back of trucks or onto boats for transport to the police station (or morgue or whatever).

I cannot see nor sense my body anywhere so I fly back to the college and it has changed shape. It now looks like an old medieval castle with two circular towers on the outside and a courtyard in the middle, though it is still being used as a school. I fly inside on of the towers and find a young man sitting alone trying to meditate. I try to get his attention by moving things around the room like pushing a chair and blowing papers off a desk, but the young man is so deep in concentration that he does not notice. I fly through the walls of the building to the other tower on the other side. It is a conference room of sorts and many people have gathered to discuss the murders and watch updates on a tv.

Again I try to get people's attention by moving stuff around and while people notice the unusual happenings, still no one can see me. A few people do acknowledge that there is a ghost in the room but someone points out that is obvious because off the mass murders taking place.
      I try to get people's attention some more but the dream eventually fades and I never find my body.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Out with the old.

In with the new.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8