• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Banned
      DJ Entries

Belief Induced Lucid Dream (BILD)

Belief Induced Lucid Dream

No, this isn't the technique where you pray that you'll have a lucid dream. This is something completely different.

I have experienced something like this technique before when I was really young and it worked.

Basically, the idea is to get yourself to believe (somehow) that dreaming shouldn't make you unconscious, or in easier terms, lucid dreaming should be natural. I always held off on posting this because I had no real way to make myself 100% believe it, so I decided to post it and possibly get some ideas of how I could get myself to believe it to be true.

By now (if your still here) you're probably wondering why I think this way.

When I was a young(er) child, around four or five, I always had my dreams in third person, and I believed that was how everyone dreamed. One day (I don't know why) my brother told me that you're not supposed to see yourself in your dreams. Since I was very young, of course I believed it. Guess what? It worked, I've been having first person dreams from that point on. If only he could have told me that you're supposed to know your dreaming whilst dreaming!

Basically, I need your ideas of how to make yourself believe something.

I had an idea that if you made a song with a subliminal message saying that lucid dreaming is natural or something like that, and listened to it before bed, maybe your brain would figure it out whilst in a dream.

Plathix

Some Insane Bitch ReachingForTheDream's Avatar
      DJ Entries
      I don't think you can exactly force yourself to believe it. Even if you practice it and whatnot, deep down you're not going to think so.
      Lolwut.

Wololo Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Spiral out, keep going.
      DJ Entries
      heh, I was just wondering before I came on here, "what if one night I could totally convince myself that I would have a LD that night?" Similar idea, I guess. Maybe easier to convince yourself of.

* Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Like hypnosis?

Flying squirrels FTW!!! Snowy Egypt's Avatar
      The Anime World
      At face value, this looks like autosuggestion. I'm obligated to lock this, but if you feel like this is a unique LD method, use the Dreamviews Research Guidlines and post in the Research forum.
      http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1596/sleepingpikachu4.jpg
      This guy, , and this guy, , are mine. BACK OFF!