• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By Eonnn
    • 1 Post By rooberz

Thread: Mediation blackouts and the ability to detect being stared at

Lurker

Mediation blackouts and the ability to detect being stared at

I have been meditating for 3 months now. I have joined this forum to try to learn more about how ur brain works.. Something has been made aware to me in the last 6 months. I started a job in a corporate office where I sit by the window where I can see out but no one can see in. Since my window is right by my door, I watch a lot of people come in and out. What I noticed was when I stare at people...about 1 in 5 of them snap their head back or look as if they are being watched. Obviously I only watched people when i was on the phone and didn't pay really pay it any attention until I kept seeing a small pattern of people turning around. I am completely convinced now that certain people are born with that ultra sensory perception to feel someone staring at you. This has made be look into the mind and its abilities including subconscious states. Mediation had me curious and I started practicing it. Now I feel I can fall asleep faster and my dreams have become more intense including extremely vivid ones. My body is more calm now but I want to wait and see if this is long term. I write this today because I mediated this morning after a good nights sleep and suddenly I blacked out... for possibly about 15 min and woke up remembering nothing but when I meditated. I have to say.. I was excited because some people in here mentioned it was a trance and that is what I think it was. FYI... that number i mentioned.. about 1 in 5 people... is my average number. Also... once do it to a person.. like say the janitor or an employee that works in my building.. i am never able to do it again.. seems it works only once on a person and never again. Only new people I never seen before are ever able to feel my stare. Call me crazy... but our minds are far more special than I ever imagined. Any info on similar experiences would be greatly appreciated

Rich

Seeker Of More Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      United Kingdom
      DJ Entries
      Hey rich.

I only replying because i just noticed the exact same thing. I was going to adjust my window blinds... when someone turned their 180 degree at me. I wonder if its because their subconscious caught me at an earlier stage and its some instinctive protection to never turn your back to another human who could be a danger.

I was pretty sure he didn't see me so its kinda strange ... Maybe they can detect eye contact on them, cos i was 'looking' at him lol, like either before they turn away, or if after, then it clearly prooves some kind of strange effect. Cool observation!

Lurker
      It's pretty bizarre but interesting as well. I would say do it on a daily basis. That is the best way to see if it works or not. I always consider that maybe they just think they forgot something but other times its too obvious.

Lucid Natural Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      1000+
      The Aether
      DJ Entries
      I noticed the staring thing when driving, if I stared at someone in front of me quite often they would turn around and look straight back at me. I've since read that this is actually quite a common phenomenon experienced by many people which leads credence to it being true. Also in martial arts they practice this like a skill - the whole sensing your enemy from behind thing not to mention there's other things in martial arts like energy practice for example qi gong and tai chi and did you know that all the pressure points in the body are the same points used in acupuncture?

I've been practicing meditation for many years now and can tell you there are multiple ways to meditate. From visualisation to using sounds or incense and a plethora of techniques such as mindfulness, chakra meditations, guided meditations, breathing techniques or simply using no technique at all. To me it sounds like you're going into deep delta brainwave states that can give you that blackout effect where basically time is passing but you're in such a deep state your mind isn't really thinking its almost like a deep sleep but you are still awake.

This is the beauty about meditation, you can use it to go into lower brainwave states and go into trance or zone out. But you can also go into higher brainwave states and become more alert, more conscious and aware. A technique for doing this is mindfulness - to become aware of everything and just observe without passing judgement. Be a passive observer who's only task is to observe. When you are in this state your consciousness expands and you become more aware, you can take it a step further by becoming aware of the awareness. You are watching everything but who is watching you? who is watching the watcher that watches you? If you understand what I mean it's like placing an observer on an observer. I've had some epic experiences doing this, hope you give it a try and see if you do too!
      TravisE likes this.

Lurker
      Thanks for the story Eonnn,
      I too had a similar experience at a stop light in my friends car with dark tinted windows. I we pulled up, I was staring at this older lady in her car pulled up a bit ahead of us and she whipped her head exactly to my eyes. its quite remarkable. As far as meditation.. I have been using the Merkaba techniques. Quite new at it and will need to consistently do it and hope it does show any kind of positive results. I have noticed quite a lot of vivid imagery at times. It is quite exciting and my only regret is not doing this a lot earlier in life. Thanks for your response and always keep me posted if you have more experiences with staring.
      sleephoax likes this.