• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 12 of 12
    1. #1
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      LOL I UNNO
      Gender
      Location
      Wherever major appliances are sold!
      Posts
      1,538
      Likes
      522
      DJ Entries
      3

      Xedan's Sketchbook

      This year I joined a digital animation class. One of the basics for the class was that everday, for about ten minutes at the beginning of class, we would have guided sketch time, so as not to stray too far from animation's roots. I'd never been much for drawing, or at least not since preschool (when I was SURE I was gonna grow up to make comic books), so this sparked an interest in me for doodling. In this thread I'm just gonna post some doodles and sketches, most made for fun, some made for school-work.


      My original character, The Masked Eraser. These were for sketch time guidelines asking for original character emotions. One of my earliest sketches of the character.


      In complete contrast, one of my most recent doodles of him. The scenery and story have nothing to do with my character, but were sparked as a spin-off to a VERY rough sketch I made on the white board in my english class when the teacher was out of the room, where my OC was shaking his fist, and it was captioned saying "The Masked Eraser DISAPPROVES!". Made just for fun.


      One of my many "it got away from me" style drawings where I make a simple scene with the sole intent of adding to it until it spirals out of control.


      Another of the same style of drawing. This one is titled "Arcade War III" as it was the third set of these doodles depicting warfare between old video game characters. I've done one every year for the past four years, but I lost the others.


      A sketch of some Tool album artwork I did on my math homework.


      A scene from a dream. The black character (to remain nameless) is a person who acted as my DG throughout the dream. The other was a random person I remember flying through the air on a bike. The guy at the bottom that is holding on to the edge of the chess board was part of the second species prominent in the dream. I would have drawn him in a better pose but I could not remember exactly what the rest of the body looked like. A group of more of the second species are flying in on the hover-pod in the background.


      A doodle I made of the Nameless DG sailing the ocean with a crew of Water Worms (the short black things with square heads topped with dorsal fins) and accompanied by a Sea Dog (sitting on the front of the ship). This scene was totally fabricated and never happened in the dream.
      Last edited by Xedan; 03-29-2010 at 04:25 AM.

    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Jesus of Suburbia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      LD Count
      192837465
      Gender
      Posts
      1,309
      Likes
      248
      I do your "it got away from me" style after every test I take. and sometimes just randomly. I find it to be an enjoyable time-consumer.

    3. #3
      Your scary uncle Flashdance's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      LD Count
      32
      Gender
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      410
      Likes
      71
      Doodles are fun. Hope to see more.

    4. #4
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      LOL I UNNO
      Gender
      Location
      Wherever major appliances are sold!
      Posts
      1,538
      Likes
      522
      DJ Entries
      3
      Here's another doodle I did. I ended up using it in my Apocalypse Survival Guide as the "demon monkey and orange", but originally there was no use for it other than a cool doodle. The orange color was added for the survival guide, just to be clear.


      also, if you're interested in seeing my survival guide, hit the link in my signature called "survival"

    5. #5
      The big sister. spiderlads123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Kansas
      Posts
      24
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Xedan View Post
      This year I joined a digital animation class. One of the basics for the class was that everday, for about ten minutes at the beginning of class, we would have guided sketch time, so as not to stray too far from animation's roots. I'd never been much for drawing, or at least not since preschool (when I was SURE I was gonna grow up to make comic books), so this sparked an interest in me for doodling. In this thread I'm just gonna post some doodles and sketches, most made for fun, some made for school-work.


      My original character, The Masked Eraser. These were for sketch time guidelines asking for original character emotions. One of my earliest sketches of the character.


      In complete contrast, one of my most recent doodles of him. The scenery and story have nothing to do with my character, but were sparked as a spin-off to a VERY rough sketch I made on the white board in my english class when the teacher was out of the room, where my OC was shaking his fist, and it was captioned saying "The Masked Eraser DISAPPROVES!". Made just for fun.


      One of my many "it got away from me" style drawings where I make a simple scene with the sole intent of adding to it until it spirals out of control.


      Another of the same style of drawing. This one is titled "Arcade War III" as it was the third set of these doodles depicting warfare between old video game characters. I've done one every year for the past four years, but I lost the others.


      A sketch of some Tool album artwork I did on my math homework.


      A scene from a dream. The black character (to remain nameless) is a person who acted as my DG throughout the dream. The other was a random person I remember flying through the air on a bike. The guy at the bottom that is holding on to the edge of the chess board was part of the second species prominent in the dream. I would have drawn him in a better pose but I could not remember exactly what the rest of the body looked like. A group of more of the second species are flying in on the hover-pod in the background.


      A doodle I made of the Nameless DG sailing the ocean with a crew of Water Worms (the short black things with square heads topped with dorsal fins) and accompanied by a Sea Dog (sitting on the front of the ship). This scene was totally fabricated and never happened in the dream.
      I think you'd be a great surealist painter, once you gain more skill. You are certainly in the place for it!
      .The universe has betrayed me, and cast me aside. This is my revenge. The world shall return to Zero, to nothing.When that Zero is Squared, it will spread faster. But Zero can not be squared...which means it can't exist. I can't exist. No one can exist. All existence will be denied...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeNVU...eature=related [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Motumz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Somewhere and Nowhere
      Posts
      589
      Likes
      26
      Quote Originally Posted by Xedan View Post
      I found myself staring at this one for quite a while. Keep it up man, it's great stuff.
      https://i.ibb.co/307rNzk/motumz3.png

    7. #7
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      LOL I UNNO
      Gender
      Location
      Wherever major appliances are sold!
      Posts
      1,538
      Likes
      522
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Motumz View Post
      I found myself staring at this one for quite a while. Keep it up man, it's great stuff.
      Thanks! And also, there's a bit of irony to that picture I forgot to mention: This was our first assignment factoring (or even dealing at all with) quadratic equations, which graph with parabolas. Appropriately, the album by tool with this cover includes the song "Parabola".

    8. #8
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Motumz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Somewhere and Nowhere
      Posts
      589
      Likes
      26
      Quote Originally Posted by Xedan View Post
      Thanks! And also, there's a bit of irony to that picture I forgot to mention: This was our first assignment factoring (or even dealing at all with) quadratic equations, which graph with parabolas. Appropriately, the album by tool with this cover includes the song "Parabola".
      LOL! I love irony haha. It's cool though cause the math at the top of the page almost adds and completes the drawing. Or is it just me?
      https://i.ibb.co/307rNzk/motumz3.png

    9. #9
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      LOL I UNNO
      Gender
      Location
      Wherever major appliances are sold!
      Posts
      1,538
      Likes
      522
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Motumz View Post
      LOL! I love irony haha. It's cool though cause the math at the top of the page almost adds and completes the drawing. Or is it just me?
      No, I definitely got that feeling too.

    10. #10
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Nowhere
      Posts
      2,942
      Likes
      608
      DJ Entries
      45
      Very interesting to look at.

    11. #11
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      LOL I UNNO
      Gender
      Location
      Wherever major appliances are sold!
      Posts
      1,538
      Likes
      522
      DJ Entries
      3
      Next time I get the chance (and remember to bring my sketchbook home) I'll upload some of my more realistic drawings. The only ones that come to mind are Abe Lincoln and Martin Luther King Jr., but there may be more that I just forgot.

    12. #12
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      LOL I UNNO
      Gender
      Location
      Wherever major appliances are sold!
      Posts
      1,538
      Likes
      522
      DJ Entries
      3



      Some comics I drew. The first was for animation. The second was made specifically for funnyjunk. Sorry if the words are hard to read on the first one, for some reason you can't copy the image URL from the full size pictures on funyjunk.

      I'm about to scan more pictures now that my scanner's up and running again.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •