• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

What Causes Vivid Dreams? (article)

I found this interesting article on Yahoo about dreaming. Link: http://www.divinecaroline.com/articl...-vivid-dreams-

The article even talks about lucid dreaming:

Oneironauts, or lucid dreamers, train themselves to alter their dream experiences to include flight, exotic travel, delicious tastes, and any other vivid experiences they desire.
      With practice, you learn to recognize and manipulate these dream signs to dictate the elements that will appear in your dream. It’s like a virtual reality game in your head.

Banned
      Good user-friendly article, and I liked the presentation of lucid dreaming, for a change

We do know that they arise from Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep, in which the brain is as active as it is when the body is awake.
      It kind of lost its luster at that part, though

Why why why do people always have to pitch the novadreamer, too?!

But yea, good basic article, thanks for posting it

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      hmm interesting, I always drink tea with plenty of sugar before and during sleep cause it helps my dream recall but most of my dreams aren't very vivid, I will try tea with much less sugar for a few days and see how that helps.

yeah I find it annoying that articles like that keep saying that the novadreamer is the panacea of LD's.
      TAKE DV members advice with caution! some have had zero or 1-2 LD's yet act like gurus
      TOTAL LD's (almost all DILD/MILD) =160!!
      new goals: have more LD's than Shift[X]
      10-15min LD [ X] Article: A day in the life of an LD-er
      the "Mind V.S. Body" Induction technique
      Everyman 2 LD's/ sleep schedule progress

I just read the article before coming over to Dream Views .com. I think it was fairly simple, but I found the mention of B6 useful. I didn't know that, and I've been trying to learn how to improve induction for months now.

On Earth
      I treid the B6 thing but it didn't really seem to do much. I guess it is still good for your health though so I have to buy more.

And I didn't realize that thing about bi-polar. I know I got OCD and sometimes violent moodswings but haven't been diagnosed with bi-polar.

*shrug*

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grimbones View Post
      I treid the B6 thing but it didn't really seem to do much.
      it works if you're taking it alongside with already having good recall and getting a decent amount of sleep regularly and consistently in the first place. With that, the B6 should help at least a little, but I suppose everyone would have a different result.