• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What Sky Saw

Alexandria, VA

August 7

Goodbye my Friends of the Echo Egg (Aug Lucid Task)
      I was sitting on the floor in the living room of the house I grew up in, working on a computer, trying to get it to get on the internet properly. I was naked. The front door opened, and my ex-sister-in-law "Jo" came in with two teenage girls that might have been twins. I looked up at them and said "Don't mind the naked man on the floor. I'll go put on some clothes in case you're offended."

I went upstairs, and everything was dark. I tried to turn on the light, but it wouldn't work. "This is just like a dream!" I told myself. Everything was so real, that I was fairly confident that I was actually awake, but since I always do a RC in these cases, I did... first thing is to look at my hands. And there it was: the monster hand of all monster hands... a crazy-looking 8- or 9-fingered hand. Woohoo! Lucid!

I went downstairs and outside. It was cold, dark, and foggy, with just a little snow on the ground. I was barefoot, but it was only a little cold on my feet, so it was bearable. I kept saying out loud how the sun was going to rise, the fog would lift, and the snow would melt, but things were happening much too slowly for my taste. My control was not too good, but the realism was top-notch.

I remembered the August task of the blue bridge, and asked myself where it should be. I decided it was accessed behind this large ornate stone building that I saw. I went up the steps, and noted the name on the front of the building: "ECO EGG." I pronounced it to myself "Echo Egg."

I went through a few doors, then found a room with a bar and a pool. I decided that I had enough with the doors, and that the blue bridge would start here somewhere. I looked down, and it was coming up to meet my feet from the the water of the pool. It was only a few feet long, but as I started walking on it, it would extend forward, allowing me to progress.

The bridge was a little rubbery and would start to bend more and more, the further I walked on it, making it hard to stay on. I instead decided to sit down on it, hold on, and let it take me for a ride. It curved around, and went past a large wooden table where strange little people dressed in Robin Hood type garb were drinking from pewter steins. The were watching me ride the blue track, and a couple of them seemed to be raising their drinks to me.

The track seemed to be heading for a large window, and I was looking forward to where it would take me. I began to sing a song for the drinkers as I was leaving:
      Goodbye my friends of the Echo Egg
      it's time for me to sit and beg

It made no sense, but I felt I had to get that second line to rhyme, and couldn't think of anything! The track was just at the window when
      DING! My alarm went off and woke me up for the morning. My first lucid in a week, and I didn't get to go very far.

Anyway, I think this counts as August's basic task!
      Last edited by skysaw; 08-08-2007 at 12:14 PM.

My Music
      The Ear Is Always Correct - thoughts on music composition
      What Sky Saw - a lucid dreaming journal

Alexandria, VA
      I realized that I remember the exact melody I was singing, so I input it into Sibelius (a music engraving program). Here it is in all its glory!

It's nice to pull music out of my dreams. Too bad this one is a bit pedestrian.

My Music

Alexandria, VA

August 8

Two lucid nights in a row... not bad! Well actually, I should say "mornings." Two in a row when the alarm pulled me out of it.

Art School Mirror
      I was on the subway with a number of my friends, and we were going to the "Chicago" stop... in Virginia! We were on the "orange line," and the subway map showed a tangled mess of multiple orange tracks all twisting around each other.

We scrambled to get off at our stop, and my friends were just ahead of me. I tried to squeeze through a sliding metal door to make a little shortcut, but it proved very difficult, and by the time I was through, I couldn't see my friends anymore. I started walking much faster, and going through several doors, not knowing if I were going the right way. It looked like I was in some sort of art school, and there were paintings on the walls here and there.

I spontaneously realized I was dreaming, and as I approached the next door, I saw there was a full-length mirror on it. I went straight for it, and pushed myself determinantly through it. It was quite easy, actually, except that I got caught at my ankles, and had to pull them through the other side, which made me fall onto the floor, laughing.

I lay there on my back, and for some reason, put my hands before me, and began to imagine a face forming between them. It was a friendly, swirly face made out of light. I let my hands go, and it disappeared.

Everything was fairly dark and a little fuzzy. I made my way down the hall into a small room. There was a naked woman lying on a bed. She kissed me, and we were fooling around a little bit
      when suddenly something woke me up.

I got comfortable, and decided I would find my way easily back into lucidity by sheer willpower. I drifted back to sleep thinking about the subway car we were on, and I was back in that dream, replaying it in the same way. This time, I became lucid much earlier... just as we were stepping off of the subway car. I stood on the track, and concentrated on my surroundings, trying to get a little more focus this time. Suddenly... DING! My alarm went off! Evil alarm is two for two this week.

My Music

DJ Entries
      Bringing back music from a dream has been a goal of mine for a long time. But I can read music, got any tablature? Just kidding.

Alexandria, VA
      Tab is for wusses! -- Just kidding.

You really should learn to read music. It's a good skill to have.

My Music

I had a song in my dream once, but since I can't read/write music, the genius is forever withheld from the world. The lyrics were pretty stupid tho. (See dream "Psycho Gay-Boys and the Priest" if you'd like to write the music.) I like your lyrics, but I think you need to add a few more lines. There ought to be some computer thing that we could click on that and hear the song.

Cool mirror dream.

Alexandria, VA

August 9

I had a very brief Lucid (a few seconds, really). Not worth posting, but I've got a bit of a "streak" going at this point.

My Music

Alexandria, VA

August 10

Suella and Maribelle

I was staying in Spain with a host family. There were two sisters named Suella and Maribelle. Suella and I were becoming really good friends, but she disappeared two days before I had to go home. I was having trouble packing, finding all my clothes, etc. And there was something wrong with my plane ticket. I was getting frustrated when suddenly the flavor of the frustration seemed very familiar to me, and I became lucid.

I decided I would try to find Suella. I flew out of the window, and turned around to look. Maribelle was at the window, and she looked sad. She said she wanted to be with me and Suella as well. I told her I would find her sister, then "summon" her, so the three of us could be together.

I hadn't flown in a LD in awhile, so I practiced a bit, and found I was very much in control. I saw a little boy taking pictures of me, so I went to talk with him. I asked him if he could give me a picture he took of me, but he said no. I made a deal with him that he could take another picture of me flying if he emailed me it. I told him just to send it to jamie@dream. Somehow I was thinking that maybe I would get the picture in real life.

I decided to go look for Suella where she worked at a cafeteria. I had my brother with me, who would translate the Spanish if needed. I asked a woman at the cafeteria if she knew where Suella was, and she said something in Spanish that I translated in my head as "she married a Korean Sailor two days ago." I was upset until my brother told me that she only said that Suella had been missing for two days.

I went outside, and saw her coming out of a video store. She was wearing had a red kerchief around her neck. "Suella!" I cried. "Jamie!" she responded. We ran towards each other and hugged and she gave me a sweet little kiss.
      Then I woke up.

Gelato from a Loved One
      I was at a restaurant with my wife Sass. We were ordering special Gelato dishes, and she had already gotten hers. I was still trying to make up my mind when a waiter brought me a dish. I told him I hadn't ordered yet, and he told me that it was a special dish given to me by a "woman who loved" me. I suddenly knew he meant Suella, and felt a little twinge of sadness that she wasn't there. I don't think I was lucid at this point, but the memory of my earlier lucid dream was strong within this dream.

My Music

Alexandria, VA

August 11 pt I

I am now on my fifth night in a row of lucid dreaming! I just received the LeBarge book, and starting reading it last night. I went to bed determined to have a LD, and boy did it work! FOUR LUCIDS!! The amazing thing is that none of these involved typical dream signs or reality checks. I am starting to go spontaneously into the lucid state.

Suella's House
      I had decided before going to sleep that the first thing I wanted to do in my next lucid was to look for Suella again (from previous post). I felt such a good connection with her, that I wanted to make her a permanent dream friend, and cement her in my brain.

I was walking along a street when I spontaneously became lucid. I looked to my left and saw a house, and went to it expecting to find Suella inside. I stopped on the porch, and looked at the house number, which I wanted to remember for future reference. It kept changing, and just as I was about to give up on it, it settled on 2600.

I knocked on the door, and Suella answered it! She smiled and put her arms around me and kissed me. I asked her to take me to her room.

Suella: "Not yet."
      Me: "Say yes."
      Suella (smiling again): "Yes. Now you say yes."
      Me: "Yes."

We held hands, and went inside. We began to walk through a circular hallway that seemed to be winding upward, but we weren't really getting anywhere. We went around and around many times,
      and finally I woke up.

Suella is a Dream
      I dreamed I sat down in a movie theater, and Suella was beside me. I saw her, and remembered the previous dream, and of course became lucid again. I turned to her and said "I'm sorry I disappeared earlier. I woke up." She nodded as if she understood. "It's ok."

I asked "Do you ever wake up?" "No," she answered. "Do you ever go to sleep?" To which she replied "Don't be silly... I am a dream!" She had a little twinkle in her eye as if the whole conversation was quite amusing to her.
      I woke up again.

My Music

Wow you really are on a roll. Cool! Is Suella a real person?

Alexandria, VA

August 11 pt II

Flying with "D"
      I was staying in a hotel room with many friends from my past. We were all reminiscing and having a good time. We decided to all go out on the town. I was about to go outside when I became semi-lucid.

A voice told me that I was going to see another special old friend. At first, I saw a little girl in a blanket, and I knew this wasn't the friend. Then I went outside, and the other old friends were driving away in a car, and wouldn't stop for me. Now I was fully lucid.

I saw a group of joggers going by, and caught a glimpse of my dear friend and onetime lover "D" who lives in France. I called her name, and she turned around and ran to me. We had a very long and loving embrace, and we kissed briefly. We walked hand in hand talking for awhile. Then I noticed we were off of the ground. I said to her "You're flying! You can fly!" She smiled and nodded.

She showed me a very big scar she had on her left shoulder where she said a boyfriend of hers hurt her two years ago. I told her to fly us somewhere. I climbed on her back piggy-back style, and she started to fly us away somewhere.

The scene transitioned to a bedroom somewhere, and we were making love. I was losing lucidity at this point, and the dream as well.
      It faded away into the following false awakening:

The Tell-Tale Purse
      I thought I was awake, and I found myself starting to get out of bed. There was a woman looking at me a little annoyed at me. She started asking me about what I was dreaming about, somehow knowing that I had been with D in a lucid. She pulled out a purse that was supposed to belong to D, and which had her initials on it. I said "I think I might be dreaming." Then I looked in the purse and started pulling things out, and I was suddenly sure.

I looked at the woman again and said "I know I'm dreaming. Is this a dream?" She said "You got it. And now you're going to get it." She winked,
      and I woke up.

My Music

Alexandria, VA
      Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
      Wow you really are on a roll. Cool! Is Suella a real person?
      Not that I know of!

My Music

Alexandria, VA

Trying to play catch-up...

I've been absent from the forums for too long, and I have some dreams to catch up on. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact dates on some of these, so I'll do my best.

Funny quote from the non-lucid portion of a dream:
      How come every time I sing, someone tries to stab me?

My Music

Alexandria, VA

Mid-August 1

The Rubber Band Wig
      I became lucid spontaneously while walking on a street with my wife Sass and her friend K. I decided to once again look for my dream-friend Suella. I looked for her in the dream diner she works in, and saw her in a back room. She had hair that looked like a bunch of different colored rubber bands. She also had more rubber bands in a large jar on a table.

"I like your new hair style." I said. She nodded. "Should we go?" I asked.

Suddenly, I had a false-awakening. My sister MJ (as a child) "woke" me into the FA by making a lot of noise. She seemed to be purposefully keeping me awake. I took her money and credit cards out of spite.

My aunt D was over and helping with dishes and with some sort of movie contract I was dealing with. She wasn't much help, actually... more just an annoyance. I still wanted to go back to sleep to continue my dream!

I played with a Lego game with little animated people, and gave voice to one of them as sort of a Barry White singing style.

I had a glass of wine at a restaurant and the glass broke neatly onto my arm. I refused to pay for the meal.
      Last edited by skysaw; 08-27-2007 at 07:26 PM.

My Music

Alexandria, VA

Mid-August 2

This was non-lucid, but funny enough to write up.

There was an interesting deck of cards that instead of having the suits: clubs, hearts, spades, and diamonds, had replacement "suits."

The first card I saw was the "Six of Cards." It looked much the way a Six of Hearts might look if you substituted all the hearts on the card with a little image of the back of a playing card.

The second suit was "Suits" - The "Six of Suits" would have random clubs, hearts, spades, and diamonds in each of the spots.

The thirds suit was "Numbers" - The "Six of Numbers" would have random numbers from 1-9 in each of the spots.

I can't quite remember the last suit. Part of me remembers it as "Money," (as in the "Six of Money"). Part of me wants to remember it as "Jacks," (as in the "Six of Jacks"). Either way, it's pretty amusing. I might have to design such a deck!

My Music

Alexandria, VA

Mid-August 3

Suella's Car Needs Oil
      I found myself in a recognizeable place within my typical dream geography in downtown DC. I became extremely lucid for a short while.

I looked in front of me and saw a roman column. I put both hands on it and held it for a moment, using its solidity as a means of grounding me in the dream. I can't explain it, but this was a very powerful moment for me. There was an intense feeling of being fully aware and everything was vivid and as life-like as I can imagine.

I looked for (DF*) Suella in a classroom. I found her sister (DF) Maribelle who told me Suella was in the next classroom over. She seemed to think she would be busy for awhile.

I went to the next room and saw Suella. She said she would meet me after this class, but she was going to need to put oil in her car before we could go anywhere. I told her I would go and do that for her while she was in class. She asked me how I was going to manage it, and I reminded her that I was lucid dreaming, and could do just about anything I wanted!

* = "Dream Friend." Does not exist in real life.

Topless Lawnmowing
      I was trying to find someone or something in a house, but the doors were confusing, and kept leading to strange places. I recognized this dreamsign, and became lucid.

I went out the window, and saw a topless woman mowing her lawn next door. I went over to talk to her, and we went inside her house. The house was completely empty. I tried unsuccessfully to create some furniture for her.

My Music

Hey I was wondering where you were! That's pretty cool that you are having such a reliable DC. Have you ever had someone like Suella show up over and over like that? That is unusual, I think, and must mean something.

I like your new abbreviation DF; that is useful.

Alexandria, VA
      Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
      Hey I was wondering where you were! That's pretty cool that you are having such a reliable DC. Have you ever had someone like Suella show up over and over like that? That is unusual, I think, and must mean something.
      Hi Moonie! It's nice to be missed Stay tuned to this page, as a whopper of an LD is coming soon... I haven't had time to type it all up yet.

A long time ago, ages before my first lucid, I would occasionally dream about a little girl, though I don't remember her name. The first time I dreamed about her, she was about five years old. I dreamed about her every few months, and each time she would be a few years older. Eventually, she was in her twenties. I don't think I've dreamed about her for the past twenty years, though... unless she has somehow become Suella, which I've considered a possibility.

But I think the real reason I keep dreaming about this dream friend is that I'm actively seeking her out when I become lucid. The first time I dreamed about her we were very close friends, so I'm just looking for my buddy!

My Music

I was thinking about this today, and it almost seems weird that more people don't have recurring DC's like you do. I guess maybe in recurring nightmares, but other than that I don't think I've noticed that in other people's journals very much (except for Two Shadows and Darth Vader--but I don't know if that one counts!) I don't, and there are some that I wish would come back! I mean ones that I aren't anyone from IRL.

Well it's interesting, anyway. I look forward to the LD!

Alexandria, VA

Thumbs up August 24 - Phenomenal!

Well, I've been putting off typing this one up for awhile, since it runs for pages in my personal journal. The original entry for this date was all scribbled out in one shot after waking up, and it was so much that I probably omitted quite a bit. The order of the scenes is uncertain as well, but I'll do my best. I remember four dreams, the last of which was a very lengthy WILD (my first).

Night-time Sex Dream #1

Included Intimate relations with a white woman. Very lucid. She eventually got cranky and we stopped.

Night-time Brief Sex Dream #2

Included intimate relations with a black woman. Very lucid.

Poster and Marbles

After an RC and an observed four-fingered hand, I had a couple of lucids here, all very short, where I spent my time exploring my senses. I recall reading a poster over and over, and laughing at all the silly text changes that kept popping up.

At one point, I held a marble in my hand, and paused to feel the cool hard object before letting it drop to the floor. I watched it roll away under a bed, then decided to call it back to my hand. Then I saw it roll back out and toward me, but it disappeared. I used my technique of convincing myself that something happened to tell myself that the marble actually HAD come back to my hand. Slowly, it rematerialized in my hand.

WILD MegaLucid

This was my first full-blown WILD, and all I can say is holy cow!
      The following sections all ran together as one epic story, and lasted for somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes total. During the entire time I remained lucid, and everything remained clear and vivid for the most part. Parts II through V will be in the next few posts.

Part I - Where's Suella?

Once again I went looking for DF Suella. I went to a strange housing complex, and expected her to be there. There was a sign outside advertising for someone to open a business there. The flooring on the porch/landing was covered in wallpaper.

I went inside and called to Suella. I heard someone call me from the kitchen. I looked, and saw who I thought was Suella, though she now appeared American (She should have been Spanish or Mediterranean.) I tried to talk to her, and we hugged, but I began to see that she wasn't really my friend, so I got out of there.

Stay tuned. It's about to get much better...
      Last edited by skysaw; 08-31-2007 at 04:08 AM.

My Music

Alexandria, VA

WILD MegaLucid Part II

... 8/24 continued.

Part II – Jack Needs Food
      Out on the street I saw a very young performer doing a trick on some interconnected jointed planks. The planks were arranged in a circular frame, and they moved in see-saw fashion against each other, while also rotating around the central point of the frame. At one point, the action completely froze, and it looked like the boy was in a very precarious position. The crowd held their breath, and made guesses about whether or not he would be hurt. Then the action continued, and we saw him complete his clever trick with a flourish, landing unharmed and smiling.

Having finished his trick, he asked if he might have some food. Someone there told him that in order for him to be fed, there would have to be a song about food first. I took this as a cue that I should create some dream music. The crowd seemed excited that I was going to perform, and began to chant:

We want food! We want food!

I strapped on an electric guitar and started playing a very cool song which lasted several minutes. As I sang and wailed away on some jazzy riffs, other musicians started joining in. In the middle section, another guitarist and I traded some very unusual solos:

JACK NEEDS FOOD -by Skysaw's dream-brain
      Jack
      Jack he needs food
      yeah you know he loves food
      food is all he ever really wanted
      food for Jack
      yeah he needs food
      he could do with a sandwich or a waffle
      he needs food

It was much better than you might take from these lyrics

To be continued even further...
      Last edited by skysaw; 08-31-2007 at 04:10 AM.

My Music

Alexandria, VA

Thumbs up WILD MegaLucid Part III

... 8/24 continued.

Bobo Rides an Air-Scooter

After jamming out in the last scene, I spent a few minutes looking for my own house to do the August task of the month. I flew up into the air to get a better view of everything. I seemed to be rising from an open area in a great pine forest. There was a definite maximum height I could reach of about 30 feet. Off in the distance, I saw what appeared to be a mushroom cloud. I decided to fly towards it to investigate. I noticed it dissipating, and reforming into what appeared to be smoke from a camp fire. I was flying towards it slowly, and wanted to find a faster way to travel.

I started to experiment with flying modes, and remembered a description in LaBerge's book about pedaling in the air as if on a bicycle. I did that, and it seemed to propel me forward a little better. It seemed I actually had some sort of device I was on that I was pedaling while in a standing position.

Just then, someone passed me going in the opposite direction on a very similar vehicle, though one that did not seem to require pedaling. It was sort of a gas-powered flying stand-up scooter. I turned around to look at him, but he had disappeared into the woods. Then another person passed, and I wanted them to stop so I could talk to them.

"Hey Bobo!" I called. I knew I could assign a name to him, and it would stick. For some reason, Bobo was the first thing I could think of. The guy turned around and came toward me. We were joined shortly by two others. One of them was named Paul. They all had very short hair. Bobo and Paul were white, and there was a black friend as well who didn't talk as much.

I asked them if they had seen DF Suella, and told them about the "fake" one from earlier. One of them told me that she was probably way across town, but that we could all go on a road trip together to go find her.

Still not done...!
      Last edited by skysaw; 08-31-2007 at 04:11 AM.

My Music

Alexandria, VA

Thumbs up WILD MegaLucid Parts IV and V

... 8/24 conclusion.

Free-Wheeling in Jesus' Tomb

We got into Paul's car. He drove, and I was shotgun. The other two sat behind. The car was an old model green sedan. Possibly a Dodge Dart, since it reminded me of a car an old friend used to have.

As we drove along a country road, we were listening to the radio. There was a very cool yet silly song on. It was an a capella version of the Monkee's song I Saw Her Face. There were no words -- just syncopated voices going "doo-doot," and we were laughing pretty hard at it.

Then we started talking about how much fun it was to lucid dream when things like that happen. We kept driving and comparing notes on what we've done in our dreams. Paul decided to have a little fun, and drove the car under some water just because he could.

We found ourselves driving up some old stone stairs, and into an ancient ruin of a town that was supposed to be Bethlehem. We started joking a lot, and talking a lot of sacrilege. Then we saw an Arab-looking man drive by on an ATV. He went into a dark passage, and we joked that he was "off for some free-wheeling in Jesus' tomb!"

A Very Special Pain in Your Heart

Later, the four of us found ourselves in a house. It seemed to be some sort of waypoint for us to rest before continuing our journey. We were still talking about lucid dreaming, and we were drinking beer out of glasses, and generally getting chummy.

One of them turned on a radio, and Barber's Adagio for Strings was playing. I stopped and listened to it. I told Paul that it was one of my favorite pieces, and he said "You need to have a very special pain in your heart to really get it." I nodded in agreement.

Just as I started to marvel that my dream would produce the piece exactly as it exists in real life, it started straying off course, and going into very strange tonal territory. I joked to the guys that it must be one of their faults to have that happen, since I knew the piece note-for-note (which I do). I figured that their dream experiences were affecting my dream.

I told them that we needed a way to contact each other in future dreams, so we could all continue to have adventures together. Perhaps we could all come up with a number to dial on a phone, and it would bring us together. Bobo picked up the receiver of a yellow phone, and put his finger to the dial. Just then, I woke up from the dream.

Well there it is! It took four posts to get all the lucid dreaming in from a single night!! This was certainly the most prolific session I've ever experienced.
      Last edited by skysaw; 08-31-2007 at 04:16 AM.

My Music

Wow! That was amazing! And congrats on achieving the WILD.

I like the flying-vehicle idea; I need that sometimes.

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV

That was really cool! Lots of Lucids in here great work!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast