• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      St. Ittsville, Ontario Country:...... Canaduh, eh!... Planet:...... Specka dirt we call Urf
      DJ Entries
      "Angry Neighbors"
      -Oct 09 2007

I'm in my house with my Wife, somehow I know that all of the neighbors are REALLY pissed off at me. All the ones that I know and a bunch more that I don't even know, everyone's real ticked off at me. Apparently my Wife & I were walking home really drunk one night and I was singing loudly like an idiot, my Wife telling me the whole time to shut up or I'll piss off the neighbors and me saying "no, no.. it's OK, I can do whatever I want, those jerks won't care" etc. The guy across the street, B, even threatens me at one point. So now it's some time later & I'm at home and his kids come over to tell me that he is on the warpath and looking for someone to beat on, and that I'd better watch out. Then he shows up, he's REALLY pissed off. I start to talk my way out of it, telling him how I just should have listened to my Wife in the first place, and how she had warned me about all of this. Somehow (God knows how) I manage to talk him down and don't get a beating, then we're all buddy-buddy, instead choosing to be angry at my ex-boss (his current landlord) P. About what a jerk that guy is. For some reason he had started doing repairs on our house and now one of the walls is completely ruined, with a big gaping hole in it, and it seems that the project is completely forgotten about. We go on and on about what a lousy landlord P is. Then, out of the blue, my Mom shows up. I introduce her to B, she remembers that he used to live down the street from us when I was just a little kid (which is true IRL - crazy coincidence - miles away from here) and talks a LOT with him.

This was a REALLY long dream and it happened in the first 2 hours that I was sleeping, which I thought was quite odd. Usually my "epic" dreams come in the last few hours of sleep, almost never at the beginning of the night.
      smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Phydeaux_3 View Post
      "Angry Neighbors"
      -Oct 09 2007

Apparently my Wife & I were walking home really drunk one night and I was singing loudly like an idiot, my Wife telling me the whole time to shut up or I'll piss off the neighbors and me saying "no, no.. it's OK, I can do whatever I want, those jerks won't care" etc.
      After reading that dream I wasn't surprised in the least to see you were from Stittsville.(i had forgotten) I'm going to go out on limb and say before stittsville, you lived in either Renfrew, Pembroke, or Petawawa. Am I right? It's just that dream reminded very much of home.
      Last edited by The Cusp; 10-09-2007 at 08:11 PM.

Canadians seem to have exceptionally creative dream journals. I wonder why that is.

Funny dreams, Phydeaux. I like your Zappa jack-0-lantern.

St. Ittsville, Ontario Country:...... Canaduh, eh!... Planet:...... Specka dirt we call Urf
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by The Cusp View Post
      After reading that dream I wasn't surprised in the least to see you were from Stittsville.(i had forgotten) I'm going to go out on limb and say before stittsville, you lived in either Renfrew, Pembroke, or Petawawa. Am I right? It's just that dream reminded very much of home.
      Sadly no.. I've lived in Ottawa my whole life... BUT - I DID spend all my summers in Calabogie, so I know exactly what you're talking about. We used to ride the "bingo bus" into Renfrew every Sunday night to go and watch the movie playing at the O'Brian theatre.. my personal favorite being (and no, it isn't a type-o) The Best Little Warehouse In Texas. Apparently you can't write Whorehouse on a marquee in small-town Renfrew. Ha!!!

Mr. Burt and Mr. Dolly forever!

Last edited by Phydeaux_3; 04-14-2008 at 11:32 AM.
      smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      "This Is A Test"
      -Oct 16 2007

So this one is weird, I was at the very edge of lucidity. DAMN!

I'm in a museum or something like that. A guy is showing me something, some sort of exibit. There are initials on it and he's asking if I know what they stand for, it seems VERY familliar to me and I am racking my brain to figure it out, I'm guessing all kinds of things and he keeps on telling me that I'm wrong. Then he's giving me "hints" saying over and over again "you will remember to check your reality" and "you will realize that you are in a dream" only I don't realize until after I've woken up that it is my Lucid MP3 in the headphones that I'm hearing!!!

Even when I do magically hear my audio file I'm STILL too damned stupid to clue into it! The crazy thing is that I knew I was supposed to be figuring something out but for the life of me I just couldn't pull my head outta my ass. Almost the same as the French Boat Ride dream. I was almost there.
      smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      So, my Galantamine (Lucid Dreamer from Dreamamins.com) came in the mail yesterday, I took one at bedtime and another when I got up to pee at around 2:00-ish, here is one of the dreams that followed (there were a couple more but I really can't fully recall them):

"Fix The Door"
      -Oct 23 2007

I am in someone's house, it is like an Osbourne's episode or something, there are a bunch of us hanging out. I am laying in a bed naked, this girl jumps in with me and she has a perfect pair, all jiggly and huge, then I notice she also has a package. Not good. Somehow I don't care & I'm still wanting her to do me (wtf?!) but she never does. Then all the others start coming home, one of them has a nosebleed & I'm saying "so, too much blow, huh?" and buddy is all like "HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT??!" and I say that it is pretty obvious. Then I am assigned the task of fixing the garage door, apparently it is broken, the lady of the house (not "tits") is a real bitch, she won't stop bothering and pestering me about how long it is taking me to fix the damned garage door thing.

This dream went on for hours and hours it seemed. It was uber-real too. There was a LOT more to it than that but I've forgotten a lot of it. There were also more dreams than just that one but the vivid recall of that one (the last one) kind of "erased" my memories of the previous ones. IMHO this galantamine stuff really works, I for sure had an increase in dreaming and vivdness. No lucidity but I'll keep on trying just the same.

smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      Soo... I FINALLY had my second lucid dream! I can now add one to my sig.
      (Only took for-fricking-ever, eh?)

Last night I did EVERYTHING right. Took all my vitamins before going to bed (multi & B6 & 3 galantamine+choline). Woke up around 1:00-ish am & had some real good sex (always nice) went outside and smoked a cigar. Came back in and took 3 more g+c ate a banana, had 2 big pieces of cheese, and 2 big scoops of Nuttella (only chocolate in the house) and went back to bed.

The resulting LD is as follows:

"Reality Check Tutorial"
      -Oct 27 2007

I'm leaving work, there's a co-worker (someone I don't know IRL - east Indian fellow) walking with me. He suggests that we should go and get some ice cream, and I agree. We go to the ice cream shop and get a cone each. As we are chowing them down he starts talking to me, asks me what my favorite flavor is, I can't even remember what I answer. Then he says "Do you know what my favorite flavor is?" I answer "no", he answers "orange" something or other and then he's showing it to me in the freezer, as I lean in to get a closer look he takes a handfull of it and rubs it in my face. He laughs like a hyena about it too, like it's the funniest thing that's ever happened in the world. I'm not very impressed, but still I don't get angry or anything, I know it was only a joke (albeit a not-very-funny one for me) so I just sort of laugh it off good humoredly. I guess I was faking it a little. I tell him that I'm just going to the washroom to get cleaned up. I'm in there washing my hands and face at the sink when I hear someone behind me say "..but how would you know that you were dreaming?" I say "HEY! I know the answer to that! You have to do reality checks!" to which follows the question "but what is a reality check?". So I start to explain to this guy (total stranger) all about reality checks, I show him the "rubber hand" check, then I try to "blow up" my hand by blowing into my thumb, as I am saying this more and more people are gathering around to listen. I do a nose-pinch check and explain that if you can breath while pinching your nose that you're in a dream, next I do a jump off the ground to see if I'll float up. None of any of these RC's produced any "unreal" results. Everything was the same as IRL. I did notice when I was doing my hand checks that after I had washed my hands they were filthy dirty. I knew I was dreaming even though I didn't take control, I was happy just educate the by-standers. By now the room was getting pretty full, there were a LOT of people gathering around to listen to what I was saying. Although I never took control I knew full well that I was dreaming, it was SO very real and vivid too, I even remember just before it ended thinking to myself that I should have done more than just hung out in the bathroom, I knew I'd be pissed off when I woke up that I hadn't taken advantage of my state of lucidity. Even so, when I awoke I was still ecstatic, it'll be awhile for me before I can go "right back to sleep" after a lucid, I'm always (well both times now at least) higher than a freaking kite about it when I wake up. I very nearly bounce out of bed.

Last edited by Phydeaux_3; 10-29-2007 at 02:04 AM.
      smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      Same drill as last night, all the vitamins and supplements & then some.
      I'm going to lay off now for a week or so on the galantamine. It sure did start to fill up my journal though, didn't it? AND my second lucid? I'm a believer. This stuff definitely helps with dreaming, no boubt adout it.

"Olden Girls"
      -Oct 28 2007

This was a weird, long dream. I am on some sort of a TV show with a bunch of other people, we are having a discussion about how the show Golden Girls was really just a show about about Bea Arthur's point of view and that it really had nothing to do with the real World, unless you were Bea Arthur's age. We were all going on about how there was never anything really contraversial or edgy (I don't even know if this is true, I've never watched more than a few seconds of the show IRL) and how there were never any gay people or anything like that, it was basically an "old lady safe" show, made for old ladies by old ladies. Then the show's producers were spoofing Golden Girls as we watched them taping it, everyone was laughing like hell, they were going way out of their way to kind of make an opposite of the Golden Girls comedy rip-off. I'm nearly positive that this dream was inspired by the Robot Chicken episode that spoofed the Golden Girls but my dream version was NOTHING like the Robot Chicken train-wreck, it was way tamer by comparison.

"Running From Michael!"
      -Oct 28 2007

This dream was REALLY long, even though it should have been scarier than hell it really wasn't, I was playing along as if it was just a game. I'm sure that it was as a result of trying to auto-suggest a Buckethead encounter, I went to sleep thinking only about having a meeting with Buckethead (my favorite musician in the whole wide World currently).

I am in a sort of Running-Man type contest, we are all "released" or let go into some kind of huge building like a hangar that has all kinds of features and obstacles built-in to it. There are huge buildings on stilts with giant ladders going up to them, there are long monkey-bar type aparatus' for hand-over-handing along, there are runways and mats and all manner of diversions. There's moat-type waterways that have to be swung over, Tarzan-style. Giant staircases that lead to other hidden levels, it's almost like a huge videogame environment. I notice right away that nearly everything is booby-trapped, there's a nice little surprise waiting to fuck you up at nearly every turn, you've really got to stay on your toes to avoid leaving yourself vulnerable... to what you might ask? Well released about 30 seconds behind us is Michael Myers! GAK! I didn't notice what weapon he had, I'll just assume it was the machete, but he was coming after us all and we were scrambling like bugs from the Orkin man. I made my way up onto some huge structure right away and almost got smashed by a HUGE oversized rat-trap type deal that was set up right at the edge where I was about to climb up on the roof, Luckily I saw it just before I tripped the thing and successfully side-stepped the thing. I somehow found my way into the building that I was on top of. Once inside I knew somehow that I was "safe" in there. I found some food in the cupboards and found a nice little hiding spot tucked away in the back of a closet in one of the rooms. This dream was EPIC. No lucidity at all but it was very sharp and vivid and seemed to go on for an hour. I kept thinking about Marge's line about "maintaining a state of cat-like readiness" all through the whole dream. I was very alive in this dream (I hesitate to call it a nightmare because I wasn't very scared at all) my senses were ablaze.

smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      So, after a couple of weeks of laying off of the galantamine I took 4 at bedtime with (4x3mg melatonin) and proceeded to have my 3rd lucid! Then after waking up and going to the bathroom I took 4 more galantamine and had ANOTHER lucid! What can I say except that holycrap.. this stuff REALLY works well. Long periods of non-use followed by a larger-than-normal dose seems to be "just what the doctor ordered", at least for me.

And on a side note (no, I don't work for them, nor am I affiliated with them in any way - not spamming) Dreamamins is having a special offer right now, buy 2 get one free, 3 for the price of 2. Just wanted to share that with y'all.

"Smokin'"
      -Nov 17 2007

I'm in a farmhouse of some sort, I'm talking with some guy whom I'm sure I don't know, a complete stranger. Suddenly for no reason at all I just KNOW that I am dreaming, I try the rubber hand RC but it produces no abnormal result, still I know that I am dreaming, I am not fooled. I tell the guy that I am going to smoke a cigarette, because I've wanted to do that in a dream for quite some time. I then produce a cigarette (from out of nowhere) and light it. It is more real than real. I can taste it, I can smell it, I can "feel" it. I tell the guy "oh man... this is SO GOOD!" I look at myself in a mirror (again with no abnormal result) and watch myself smoke this delicious cigarette, I am thoroughly enjoying it. Then I see my Wife (who'd kill me IRL if I was smoking again) and I say "Hey! Aren't you going to say anything about me smoking?!" and she just shrugs it off, she doesn't even seem to care at all. Then we are outside our farmhouse, walking around the property. It's way out in the country somewhere, very rural. There are city buses going by on the highway, I remark that we are too far out to have bus service.

"House In The Sky"
      -Nov 17 2007

I am walking in a field aimlessly just looking around at the grass and trees when again I just realize (for no reason) that I am in a dream. I'm super ecstatic at this sudden enlightenment, no RC's are required. I just start to float up and fly, knowing that flying is my ultimate goal in LD'ing. I fly up very high, until the ground is very, very far away. I answer the question once and for all about if I am afraid of heights in dreaming as I am IRL. Absolutely not, what's to be afraid of when you can fly? I went as high as I could just to test this question, no problem at all. As I start coming down out of the clouds I see "our house" (not at all like IRL) floating in the sky. It's black and all stealth-like, like a gigantic castle made out of blocks, very futuristic. I fly down to the front door where I am greeted by our "dog", it is a little puppy that looks more like a bear cub. Not like any dog I've ever seen before, almost like it's been genetically fabricated or something. Almost like a baby Fozzy-bear from the Muppets. He comes running to greet me and licks my face all over. This little guy is beyond cute. I go inside to find my Wife and Daughter making cookies in the kitchen. I grab a piping bag and start to try to write on the cookies but it's not working really well. My Wife asks "what are you doing?" I answer "I'm trying to decorate this cookie but I'm not having much luck".

Both of these dreams were "realer than real" (you know what I am talking about, that lucid phenomenon where dreaming reality seems much more vivid than waking reality) and went on for a long, long time. I woke up in such an elated mood. I couldn't even get back to sleep after the second one. I was SO euphoric. This is better than being high. I just wish that I could have had this month's lucid tasks fresh in my head so that I might have been able to "earn my wings" for once. Oh well, there's always next time.
      smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      After a long hiatus I'm back to journaling again. I'm off of work for 2 weeks due to a shoulder dislocation so I'm once again getting "too much" sleep and my dreaming has been coming back stronger again.

"Stolen Bus"
      -Mar 12 2008

I'm pulling my bus up to a stop, I get off of the bus for some reason, to help somebody boarding or something, a few people get on behind me. When I turn around to get back on the bus it's not there! There are a few co-workers standing with me, they are just as shocked as I am about the bus being stolen. We all start running back to the depot to call it in to control. When I get to the building it's very familiar yet not my work building at all, still I know where I am going and I proceed to run around looking for the right person to tell this to. At one point I go "upstairs" to a big front door area, when I step out on to the 2nd story entrance the huge stairway is just not there, immediately my fear of heights kicks in and I lay down flat on my back, actually getting dizzy from looking down to the street level which seems about 3 or 4 floors down. There's a lady just inside the door and I ask her if she could please lend a hand as I'm petrified of heights. She obliges me and extends her hand towards me, I take her hand and belly back in to the building. Somehow I know that a LOT of time has passed and that control is not going to be happy about me taking so much time to inform them of my missing/stolen bus.

smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      "Summer Dream"
      -Mar 13 2008

So I had this wonderful dream that I wanted to be true SO badly, I should have known I was dreaming, it was just too good. I walk out my back door to go to my shed in the back yard, everything is normal EXCEPT all the snow is gone! Woo hoo!!! It smells like Summer and the whole deck is clear of snow, I run back into the house and yell to my Wife: "Hey! You gotta come and see this!!!" I was so happy to see that bloody snow finally gone. When I awoke I went straight to the back door to look, even though I just knew it couldn't be true, and of course it's all still there.

smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      "Slicing Cucumbers"
      -Apr 07 2008

So I'm in my kitchen and one of my Dad's friends is there, he's slicing cucumbers on our cutting board. He's slicing them exactly the way I like them, VERY thinly. I tell him that he really knows how to slice them the right way but that I have a mandolin that does it perfectly and WAY faster. I get the thing out of the cupboard and start slicing really quickly, then part of the mandolin comes off, I say "hey, that's odd.. that's never done that before" and try to put it back together again. The more I put it back together the more it falls apart, I'm getting very frustrated. IRL the thing is one solid piece, nothing to come apart on it at all, so it's very confusing to me. I wish I could see these obvious dream signs, these "impossible" things that I just accept blindly.

smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      "Rear-ended!"
      -Apr 08 2008

So my best buddy L is in town, currently he lives on the other side of the country so I rarely see him IRL. We're at someone's apartment and we're counting our money to see how much we have, then he tells me that we have to go on a short trip, he has to show me something. Next we are on a train, sitting across from us are Snoopy and Woodstock, they seem to be really enjoying the ride, then I notice that sitting next to us is another Snoopy and Woodstock, the two pairs seem to be making faces at each other and just generally goofing around. The next time I look across there's two Woodstocks and no Snoopy (wtf?!) then when I look beside again there's two Woodstocks there too, also no Snoopy. All the Woodstocks seem to be thoroughly enjoying my confused reaction, almost as if they're just goofing around like this just to throw me for a loop, and it's working. This train ride seems to last forever, we spend a LOT of time on the train. Next we are going to a strip-joint, L has said that we should go and do this so we are on our way. It's very early in the morning and the "strip club" seems to be more like a room in someone's house, like an illegal club, almost like a booze can with dancers. There are a few guys already there, they seem really pathetic, a bunch of real sad-sacks. We go in and grab a seat (on the floor!) near some dirty matresses (eww!) with the other fellows. It's all too disgusting for me so I suggest that we should probably hit the road and find something else to do, L agrees and we go out the door and start walking towards where I parked my car. As we get closer to my car I see that something awfull has happened, some jackass has run into the ass-end of my car and it's totally destroyed, the trunk lid is completely gone, the back wheels are missing, even the axle is long gone. I'm literally fuming mad. I start hollering at this bastard: "Look at what you've done to my new car! I JUST bought this car, it's my FIRST brand new car and you've destroyed it!" I'm so angry it hurts. I stand there yelling at the guy forever, I just can't get over this. Then I walk over to a 7-11 to use the phone to call the cops, while I'm on the phone the lady on the other end is asking me for my drivers' license number, only I can't find it on my license anywhere, she starts getting irate with me: "Look, it's not that difficult sir.. it's RIGHT there on your license" etc. But the harder I try to find it the more I can't, I kkep on asking her where it is on the card but she just keeps on telling me that it's "right there"! I'm at a loss. Next I'm with my supervisor at work, he's asking me why I had so much trouble finding that number for the cop? He's giving me a suspicious look as if he suspects that I'm on drugs or something. I ask him to show me where it is then, if he's so smart... "here, just show me where then!" I hand him the card. He looks it over carefully for a couple of minutes, also perplexed, then hands it back to me saying "Hmm.. I guess I can see why you'd have trouble with that." Then he's sharpening a putty knife on a grinding wheel right there behind his desk (Jebus only knows what for) and hands it to me, telling me that I'm going to be needing this later. I'm more confused now than ever.

That's pretty much all I remember, this dream was HUGE and epic, lasted forever. I also had 2 mini-dreams last night but for the life of me I can't remember a single detail from either one, I knew them complete when I got up to go to the bathroom (before the epic dream) but all I remember is that there were 2 of them. That's it. The big one wiped the memory of the other two.

smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      "The Game Show"
      -Apr 11 2008

So I'm with my Dad and we are at some kind of game show, in the audience. I am telling my Dad that it's ironic that the prize the contestants get to keep if they don't win is valued almost as much as what they would have won if they had "won", so either way they lose. He is laughing and agreeing with me. It made perfect sense in the dream but now that I'm awake it doesn't make any sense at all to me.

smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      "Plowing The Mountain"
      -Apr 12 2008

So I'm on a big snowy mountain with my Dad and my Daughter, we are walking around trying to get higher up, there are some plowed roadways but they are very steep. Finally we make it to a plateau where there are a lot of plows and bulldozers and things all parked. I tell my Dad, "hey look, those are the plows I was driving last year" then we notice a group of people sitting on a bench of sorts over in one corner of the area. One of the people is my ex-boss' wife B. I say to my Daughter "aren't you going to go and say 'Hi' to B?" she tells me "I already did" so I tell her "well go and say hi again, I'm sure she'd appreciate that", so off my Daughter goes to say hi again. I also notice that her son is sitting there with her & I nod a hello to him. Also sitting there is a really cute girl who I'm sure I know, that I used to work with when I was working there, I haven't actually got a clue who she was but I was intently trying to get her attention so I could say hello to her, she never seemed to look towards me, I never got to make eye contact with her.

This dream was very long and vivid, there were so many oddities that I'm always amazed that I never pick up on that stuff. I'm the definition of gullable in my dreams, anything goes, no problem. I never question anything, no matter how bizzare or obscene.

smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      "Waiting In Line"
      -Apr 15 2008

So I'm standing in line at a convienence store, the line is very long and I have a LOT of stuff in my hands, too much really. As I'm waiting there I realize that the ice cream bar that I have is not going to make it to the checkout unmelted so I decide to eat it while I wait. It's VERY tasty, I can even taste the stick when I'm licking the last of the ice cream off of it. Very real. Finally I get to to the cash and put down all my items. I entertain the idea of just throwing the empty ice cream wrapper on the floor and not paying for it but then my conscience kicks in and I put the wrapper on the counter with the other stuff and tell the clerk to charge me for it, as I had eaten in line.

"Buckethead In My Living Room"
      -Apr 12 2008

This dream was one I've wanted for a LONG time, even though I experienced no lucidity I was thrilled when I awoke that I actually got to interact with my current hero Buckethead.

I'm in the living room of the apartment I grew up in with my Mother. Buckethead is sitting there on our couch setting up his gear, I can't even believe that I'm in the same room with him. He's getting out some effect pedals and plugging in patch cables and whatnot. An old highschool friend of mine, DB, is sitting in the chair across from BH. As BH turns on his amp I tell him "that's the same amp I have!" and I run into my bedroom and grab my amp, it's all plugged in and "live" with two pedals sitting on top of it, I pull out all the patch cables and everything is squealing with feedback, closest thing to "music" I've probably ever heard in a dream, then I unplug the power cable and everything goes quiet. I take my 50w Marshall into the living room to show BH that it's exactly the same as his but when I get out there it has turned into a tiny plastic pig-nose Marshall, even though I KNOW it was full size in my bedroom a few seconds ago. I say "gee I guess yours is a little bigger after all" and as I'm taking my little "toy" amp back into my room I ask my buddy "didn't I have the 50w when U (my late step-Brother) was around?" DB then laughs which really upsets me for some reason, I say really angrilly "Did I say something funny?! You find something funny about my dead step-Brother?!". He's quite surprised by my reaction (and quite frankly, so am I!). I look over at BH and he hasn't even taken notice, he's still pluggin in his gear.

I really wish the dream had continued, I REALLY wanted to hear what BH was going to play for me, as I said I can't ever recall hearing music in a dream before and it's one of my #1 things to "make happen" while lucid.

Last edited by Phydeaux_3; 04-17-2009 at 06:59 AM.
      smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries
      "Why Can't I read this??!"
      -Apr 18 2009

This dream was quite weird, I'm in someone's living room somewhere, it's quite messy. There's a big guy sitting at a round table in the middle of what would be maybe a dining room, so it's like a combination living room/dining room. This fellow is really upset about something or other, he's angry and generally pissed off, he's throwing stuff around and being very frustrated. Somehow I know that he's really cheesed about having given up cocaine. For whatever reason he has begun the process of kicking the habit. It doesn't seem to be going so well for the poor guy though. At some point I mention that he should just go ahead and snort a line, which he eagerly does. I don't know why he seemed to need my permission to do it, but it was almost as if I was the one he was quitting it for and he couldn't have any unless I said so. Pretty fucked up. Afterwards he's incredibly happy, we say something to the effect of "there's nothing like a little bit of blow to take the edge off.." or something, he's just beaming. He presents to me a small piece of paper with writing on it. He's holding it up in front of me to read. I try like hell but can't read what's written on the paper. I try and try again but whatever is printed there is just unreadable, it's really quite frustrating because I can't figure out WHY I can't read it. It's some kind of gobbledy-gook, the letters just don't make any sense. I still keep on trying harder and harder but it just confounds me further. I say out loud "why can't I read this?!" and wake up as I do.

This has to be the first time I can ever recall having seen text in a dream. For the life of me I can't remember ever trying to read something in a dream before. I know for sure that I was about to realize that I was in a dream, as far as reality checks go printed matter is a pretty good bet, whatever was on that little piece of paper sure as shit wasn't readable.

smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

DJ Entries

Starting to journal again...

..after a long hiatus I've finally begun to journal again. I find it so hard to stick-to-it when it comes to this, it's no wonder my results are so few and far-between.

So, I ordered up another bottle of galantamine (spider lily extract), different brand this time, Brilliant Dreams. I took 2 at bedtime and the resulting epic, non-lucid that followed was very encouraging even if it was a really annoying dream.

"Lost jumpsuit at Dr. Phil's"
      -Jun 15 2009

I have been invited to Dr. Phil's house for the day while he is away, apparently to play with some kind of virtual reality machine. I have to wear this giant silver jumpsuit and then I am strapped into some kind of apparatus that levitates me. Come lunchtime I take the suit off and someone says "just put it over there". I tell somebody there that the suit is need of some repairs, needs some sewing as some seams are coming apart. After lunch when I go back to get the suit I can not find it, it's not where I left it. I spend the rest of the afternoon looking for the suit, it's like an anxiety dream, I just can't find the damned thing. It seems to go on forever. Then finally Dr. Phil comes home and I have to tell him the bad news, that I can't find that jumpsuit, it is lost. Nobody seems very interested, they are all preoccupied with doing Robin's stuff, it's almost like an Oprah show or something. It's really starting to drive me nuts, nobody gives a damn that my experience has been cut short.

This dream lasted for what seemed like the whole night Anyone who's ever had an "epic" anxiety dream can relate, I'm sure. It just dragged on and on, my frustration growing the whole time. When I finally awoke
      I was actually glad that it was over. As I said, I find this encouraging in that I haven't had any really vivid dreams as of late, or in fact any at all. The BD seems to have jump-started my dreaming, now if I can just get lucid again all will be well. Hopefully I will have new entries each day.

smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3