• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Oneironaut's Matrix

Hybrid View

"O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      I don't really remember the days that all of these dreams happened on, just that some of them were several dreams a night, so I'll be vague on the dates.

05/02/2008 - 05/13/2008
      Dream One:
      "The Monster Squad"

This dream was based on the movie The Monster Squad. I was a cop in one scene, along with another guy as my partner. I don't remember much of the whole scenario, but we kept having run-ins with some of the classic monsters from the movie (Dracula, Wolfman, Mummy, etc.). The Werewolf guy was the most prominent. He was chasing us through the woods, at one point, and we were emptying clips into him, but not able to slow him down. At one point, we lost sight of him because he had changed back into a human and we were now in a populated area, so we couldn't tell him apart from anybody else. He ended up slipping away from us as a human by hopping in a car and driving out of the parking lot.

We ended up going back to a house where some of my friends were hanging out. On the way there, we passed the mummy. He was just kind of moseying on at his own speed, but he was headed in the direction of the house. I think I was the only one that actually paid him any attention, though. The whole time we were at the house, I kept checking the windows and whatnot, because I knew the mummy would be showing up, at some point. I didn't really let anybody know that he was coming, though. Don't know why. Phil was at this house, along with at least two girls. We started having mixed drinks that (my notes say were...) made with propane or something.

We started actually watching the Monster Squad movie, while we were hanging out, and I continued checking the windows peridoically, but don't remember the mummy ever showing up at the house. We stayed up until the sun came up. My buddy Dube came by to hang out. I was exhausted, though, and wanted to go home and get some rest, so I took off.

Dream Two:
      "Old Trail"

I had to look after somebody's kids. I took them bike-riding, out on the old dirt bike trail that was behind my house in Canterbury. I saw another guy and his son come tearing through on some dirt bikes. The son ended up crashing, and the kids and I just kinda sat and watched while they gathered themselves. I started reminicing about having a dirt bike (Damn I miss that thing. ). I remember looking down in the ditch that the trail ran around, and there was some bikini-clad chick that was submerged in about 2 feet of muddy water. Somebody said it was for some kind of training or something. I then started talking to the kids about where the highest dirt bike jumps on the trail were.

We went back home, and it turned out that we lived in Jetson-type houses - huge, futuristic highrises. The kids lived in the building next to mine and, after I'd taken them home and returned to mine, the mom called me and was grateful for my having watched them. She said she made me a sandwich as a token of her appreciation, and was sending it over. The sandwich floated over to my building on some high tech hovering thing. I believe it was pretty damn good, too.

Dream (Frag) Three:
      I remember numerous instances of going to a beach with some guy and a girl that looked like Amy Smart. The girl would always drive, and she liked to park somewhere secluded on the beach and start making out with both of us for a little while, before we went down to the water. One time that we pulled up, she started taking things further, and actually kicked off a threesome in the jeep, going back and forth between me and the other guy. At one point, she was riding me and the guy actually put his hand on my shoulder and making advances toward me as well as her. I quickly pulled my arm away from him and just shot him a look like "....I don't think so." He took the hint and started focusing on the girl again. She then took turns going down on us both. I don't remember much after that, though.

Dream (Frag) Four:
      I was partying with a bunch of kids that were a little younger than I was. I was working on a graphic for a band my friends and I were starting, and this group of other guys were in a band, too. I began thinking of teaming up with them and doing some collaborations, just to help get our name out. Their group artist and I began working together and coming up with some crossover concepts and putting them on paper. It looked like the Ed, Edd and Eddy style of cartoon, and showed all of our band members together in one scene. We went to some huge concert later, and I was still working on the picture, while in the audience.

Dream (Frag) Five:
      Brief lucidity in a gymnasium. There was some sense of urgency that brought me to lucidity, but I don't remember what it was. It was a really weak lucid state, and the dream wasn't staying together very well. I remember reaching out and touching the wall to try to focus on the texture, which I was hoping would help pull things back into perspective. I didn't realize until then that I was wearing gloves, and the texture of the wall felt supressed beneath the fabric, so it didn't really help me all that much. I ended up waking up shortly after that.

Dream Six:
      "Karate Instructor"

I was in a school and there was a karate instructor on campus. He was teaching me some things in the gym, and I was comparing and contrasting it with some of the stuff that my old karate dojo had taught me. We began practicing kicks, and I was having some trouble with the spinning heel kicks. Normally, they were fine, but when I tried to do jumping spinning heel kicks, my sense of balance just went to shit, and I kept falling on my ass. Some really hot girl ended up walking into the gym and signed up for the class. The instructor and I began sparring, shortly after that, but I don't remember much of it.

Dream Seven:
      "City Flight"

I was in some very large city, and lucid from as early on as I could remember. I was coming out of a theme park, which I believe was a water park, and decided to go flying for a while. Launching into the air, I flew across the entire city, from one side to the other (though I'm not sure how I knew where one side of the city vs. another side of the city actually was). On the far side, I landed at an apartment complex where a bunch of my old friends were having a huge party. As I roamed around inside and mingled a little bit, I had to keep reminding myself not to waste the LD on getting sidetracked with sex.

A fight broke out between some of the party-goers, though I can't remember who at the moment. After a few minutes, I ended up heading back toward the park area, flying across the city once again. I was having a little more trouble flying than I had been earlier. I was tried to speed up into a sort of "supersonic" flight, but I just couldn't do it. I was just kind of chugging along at a slow pace. Attempting to teleport, I focused on an area that seemed to be a few hundred yards in front of me. I "jumped" once, teleporting straight to that place, but it took some effort, and I felt that I was in danger of losing the dream, so I didn't try it again. I just kept on flying until I got back to the water park (though I don't remember my reason for going back there in the first place).

I woke up shortly after that.

Dream Eight:
      "S.W.A.T."

I was on a S.W.A.T. team-like squad. We were in a sitaution where there were "freedom fighters" holding some hostages. Obviously I was a government agent of some oppressive regime. I took up a position behind a huge stone pillar, with the rest of my guys around me. Down at the end of a hallway, was a large wall made of iron bars - looked like a cell or something - behind which the freedom fighters were holed up with their hostages. We were told to kill the freedom fighters and that any hostages lost would just be "collateral damage." We began firing our automatic weapons into the cell-like structure, bullets slipping through the bars and ricocheting around in the room beyond. I remember feeling really shitty, when it was all over, because I knew in my heart that the people I'd just killed weren't necessarily "evil."

Dream Nine:
      "Bridge Jumping"

Todd, Brian and I were having a blast jumping off this huge bridge - a couple of hundred feet high, into a river or lake or something. We would just jump off, and then climb this long, ridiculously steep boat ramp back up to the top. At one point, I landed and went down a little too far under water. I was running out of air, and didn't know how much further it was to the surface. In a panic reaction, my body forced me to inhale. I could breathe! I was lucid once again. Brian and Todd had jumped down again, and were now in the murky water with me. Brian (being the instigatory fabrication of my subconscious that he was) all of a sudden just busts out with: "What are we going to do if some huge sea creatures or sharks come along??"

Refusing to be phased by my brain trying to freak me out, I calmly replied: "Well, I don't know about you, but I'll just do this," and I rose up out of the water, hovering just a few inches over the surface of it. While in the air, I saw the dark silouhette of some sort of creature swimming beneath the water, not far from where Brian and Todd were. I was just kinda like "Oh fuck that..." I was having a hard time keeping myself floating, so I hovered over toward the shoreline. I was lucid, sure, and trying to be brave about it, but I still didn't like the idea of swimming around with some unidentified dream creatures.

Dream (Frag) Ten:
      Being in an office building and having to use the bathroom, but all of the bathrooms on every floor I went to were being used.

Dream (Frag) Eleven:
      Freestyle battling with CQ.
      Last edited by Oneironaut Zero; 05-14-2008 at 08:44 PM.
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      You have a very interesting dream journal. I didn’t read everything but a few stuck out. One of the few was Dream Seven:
      "City Flight"
      When I red this dream I was manly interested in how you lifted of the ground to fly, and other flight patterns. It says you just launched into the air and flew. I thought that was simply amazing because it takes me 2 minutes to float and then start flying. This is one out of many of the best dreams so far.

keep up the good work
      Enter The Other World
      Necco's dream journal

No more confusionClarity's WILD Technique

1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      Thanks, Necco!

I have my ups and downs, when it comes to flying (no pun intended). Sometimes I'm just really relaxed, and flying comes naturally. I can hover or just take off like a missile. Other times, though, I have a hard time staying in the air. I never really have too much trouble just ascending but, once I'm up there, I tend to start sinking after a while, and I have to focus more.

On the regular, though, I can fly just fine. I do run into some problems with flying really fast, though.

Fangorn
      DJ Entries
      Hey Oneironaut. You have an awesome dream journal.
      I just have one question for you: when you take melatonin and/or B-6, how many mg do you usually take?

LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
      Hey Oneironaut. You have an awesome dream journal.
      I just have one question for you: when you take melatonin and/or B-6, how many mg do you usually take?
      Hey, Anonymoose. Thanks for reading.
      I usually take 3-5mg of melatonin about a half hour before bed, and take 100mg of B6, right before laying down to go to sleep.

======================================

(Trying to get caught up. I've been busy as shit, lately, but I've been keeping a few notes. I really don't know the dates these happened, but here is the first batch. I'll be back with more, later.)

05/14/2008 - 06/03/2008
      Dream One:
      "Training Day"

Went to the movies with Shaun and Brian. I think we were seeing Iron Man. We kept jumping the rows of theater seats, looking for a good place to sit. Later, we were back in my old neighborhood. There was some guy there recruiting for the Marines or something of that nature. We all decided to try it out, just to see what it was like. My friend Jesse (a real marine) was there, but he knew this guy and had already gone through all of the training, so he didn't have to do anything. I don't remember all of the training, but I remember that it was really intense. Some of it involved rubber bullets, but I don't think we were ever hit by any of them. Either they just used them to freak us out, or we didn't get to the part where they were supposed to be used - I don't quite remember.

Some of the things I remember were that they were using these loud popper things next to our ears to get us used to the sound of close-range gunfire; having empty guns waved in our faces randomly, to see if we would flinch, thinking they were loaded; and being told that we were going to have blanks fired right at our heads from close-range, to see how unnerved we got at the sensation of being so close to the gunfire. At one point, the trainer said that he was impressed at me because of how I was the only one that didn't flinch when he pointed the empty gun at my head and pulled the trigger. I wasn't all too crazy about the idea of having blanks shot at my face at close range, though. I started weighing whether or not I wanted to continue with this strange "drill," and I think I just ended up walking away, after a while.

Later, I remember my landlord's son's brother moving out of their house. He'd have a huge fight with his wife.

Later still, some of my friends and I had gone over to this one kid's carport, where we used to hang out. The kid and his family had moved out, and instead, there lived a giant John Goodman. He was like 7 ft tall. He said his name was Danny Tanner (It took me until hours after I woke up to realize that that was his character's name on Roseanne). He was absolutely wasted, and depressed because his wife left him. Some of us sat around with him in his garage, smoking bowls while he vented about his failed relationship.

Dream (Frag) Two:
      In some classroom taking a verbal quiz where the instructor went around the room and people she chose from each table had to answer a question and then ask someone else at their table a question. That person would then ask someone else at their table a question, etc...

Dream (Frag) Three:
      Playing some kind of live-action game with friends. We'd pick a person that we'd "become," and the types of weapons that would be used. The game would then be played out as if we were really inside it. (This dream was the information for my Matrix RP game in the Arcane Arena) We would then be projected inside the game and we would fight with weapons like helicopters and rocket launchers. This one guy I was opposing kept wanting me to pick really puny weapons like a vespa scooter and whatnot, but I kept refusing and going for bigger shit.

Dream (Frag) Four:
      Chillin with Superman and crew, on some beach. At first, I was watching as a disembodied perspective. I saw Superman wash up on the shore, as if he was hurt and/or unconscious. From the way the water was washing over him, he would have drowned - had he been human. Later, he was able to stand, and I was finally a character in the scenario. Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen were there. While on the beach, we were checking out these buildings that were designed so that the sun's rays created images, when reflecting off of them. They were some kind of secret organization buildings. One of them, when the rays bounced off, created a hang holding a gun, in the sky. The other created an image of the (Illuminati) All Seeing Eye. I remember Lois and I taking a bunch of pictures of these reflections

Dream (Frag) Five:
      In some kind of cargo elevator in a building, singing something.

Dream (Frag) Six:
      I was watching a documentary about some really dirty family. They were so dirty that they had shit all over the house. If the toilet got clogged, the mother would let the kids piss and shit in the bathtub and whatnot. Pretty disgusting dream, all around.

Dream Seven:
      "Prince of Parasomnia"

This was a very weird dream. There was a "story" being told, and I was sort of a disembodied creator/editor. The story was about a young, middle-eastern guy that had the ability to transform into a huge snake-like creature. He would have a snake body, from the waist down, and everything above would be a giant man's body that increased in muscle-mass like the Incredible Hulk. The atmosphere was something straight out of Prince of Persia, very intricate Arabic-esque buildings and pathways with mazes of ancient structures.

There was some empire of badguys with the same sort of transformational powers. The main character's whole thing was about infiltrating their empire and taking out the head badguys in charge. Every now and then, I would make a conscious decision to rewind the events and edit out pieces that just didn't make any sense. The story continued to progress to where somehow the guy was on the run through modern establishments such as the mall and whatnot. After a while, the editing pretty much stopped, and things just kept progressing however they would. There ended up being a lot of character-crossing, and the story ended up in a final battle, out in the modern mall parking lot. It was a free-for-all between the snake-formed middle-eastern guy, Optimus Prime from the Transformers movie, a Mighty Joe Young-ish ape and one other thing that I can't remember. They all clashed together and beat the crap out of each other.

Dream Eight (notes):
      (Don't really remember anything that is in my notes, for this dream, so here are the notes: )

In mall for lunch. Waiting for BBQ or something. chinese guy. food taking forever. Steak and rib sandwich. Roller blades out of mall. Down flights of stairs really fast. Way home. Unattractive girls cornered me trying to hit on me. Went to old neighborhood. Moving or something. People happy to see me. Friends gathering round. Talking. Stepped on glasses. home for bed. Woke up and everything was moved (false awakening) Horror movie on tv. Thought someone was in the house. Got sword. Woke up for real. Everything normal.

LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      Ok, so I lost the entire second half of May - Present dreams because I was too careless to save it, while just leaving it open to write in. I was about 3/4 of the way done with typing out all of the notes, and lost all of it, including the notes. (I will still write down a brief description of what I can remember, when I get time.)

I'm not very happy about it.

Moving on...

LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      05/14 - 6/15
      I lost a lot of dreams. These are all of the pieces I can think of. The last couple are from today, but I just threw them all together so I can get it out of the way and start trying to keep tabs on my present dreams.

Dream One:
      "Chocolate Bars"

I had one where I completed the Basic Task for May. I was walking around, outside my old neighborhood, at night, and somehow became lucid. I flew up to Mark's roof and noticed a black cat following me. It jumped from the ground and up onto Mark's roof, in one leap. I pet it for a while and floated off the roof, walking back over by my house. Remembering the task, and walked over to a bicycle, picked it up and took a bite out of the handlebars. They tasted like chocolate, so I ripped them off of the bike and finished them off, walking over to where everybody else was standing, by Jae's house. I spent the rest of the gym over by Jae's, and I think I remember hitting on her mom.

Dream (Frag) Two:
      Some dream where a guy was turning into a werewolf, in the back seat of a car, kind of like this scene from Underworld.

Dream (Frag) Three:
      Really powerful dream about my dad's ghost. I had just been given my dad's car; a '69 Pontiac Grand Prix (which I'd just been given, IRL), and mom and I were discussing the title, and the maintenance of it. Somehow, my dad's ghost came into the picture. It was just like having him there, but both mom and I knew that he was dead, so the "experience" of his being here was just his spirit. Eventually, dad's ghost and I started arguing over the dumbest things, and he was just being beligerent. We got into a huge fight (that I don't really remember the subject of. I woke up, later, and realized it was Father's Day. Perfect way to start it off. ).

Dream Four:
      "The Kids Aren't Alright"

I was in an altered version of the 6-story office building I used to work in. The top level, which is the one I worked in, looked almost exactly the same. The downstairs had a lobby that ours didn't have, and the levels in between them had all kinds of crazy shit going on. Some kid was with me. He had a really annoying, clownish laugh, like this guy I work with. We went wandering the halls of this building, after talking to KE, and saw that some of the flights of stairs were broken, and the only way up or down them was to jump gaps.

Ended up in a huge, gymnasium-type room, on one of the middle floors. The room was all white, and the floor was smooth like ice, but not cold or wet. We found that we could slide across the floor, like air-hockey pucks glide across the table. We began sliding all over the place, which was fun as hell. Even if we sat down on the floor, we would slide about with seemingly no friction. At one point, I got to going so fast, that I crashed through a door, and into an area that I wasn't supposed to. Across a far wall was a holding cell behind glass. Inside was a group of about 20 children; 8, maybe 9 years old, for the most part. Most of them were in straight jackets, or the remains of straight jackets. They looked feral, and insane, and there was blood across the walls in their cell.

The second I noticed them, they noticed me, and began scrambling out of a doorway, and out of the cell, heading in my direction. The kid and I barely had enough time to even begin moving backward, before they were swarming us. I vaguely remember a quick spurt of lucidity, when I began slinging fists at these kids to keep them off of me, but I'm not really positive. I know that, if I was, it didn't last long, and I was soon upstairs, having jumped the gaps in the stairwell again, and trying to find my co-workers, and tell them what was going on.

Dream (Frag) Five:
      One where I was a giant, and fighting another in the ocean. Was using things as weapons, such as hanging onto Captain Nemo's ship, the Nautillus, as a means of transportation. It was only about as big as my forearm.

Dream (Frag) Six:
      Another where I got into a hack n' slash battle in my house, fighting off a whole bunch of pint-sized-something-or-others (can't remember what they actually were), using my 2-in-1 ninja sword. I just remember it being awesome, and being really good with the blades.

Dream (Frag) Seven:
      Something about being a vampire. I was in a large room with a letter on the door, which is touched to gain entry into the room. There was a woman sitting on the bed of this old, 19th century bedroom and I was sitting at an organ not far from her, playing it. I remember that I kept trying to play Moonlight Sonata but I couldn't find the keys. The chords didn't seem to sound right, and some of the black keys were missing from the organ.
      Last edited by Oneironaut Zero; 06-16-2008 at 11:10 PM.