• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Flying squirrels FTW!!! Snowy Egypt's Avatar
      The Anime World

Red face I'm a Noob when it comes to Alternative Sleep Patterns...

I blame heebiejeebies for this topic...

Ok, what are all these different sleep schedules I'm seeing in this part of DV? Like, the Ubersleep schedule, the poly-something schedule, and others I can't think of. What are they??

Thanks.
      http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1596/sleepingpikachu4.jpg
      This guy, , and this guy, , are mine. BACK OFF!

Southport, Merseyside, Great Britain
      Yea! For the lucid dreaming book here, there should be some kind of "Contents" section based on acronyms and various different methods of sleeping/dreaming, the acronym list on DV tutorials has very little expansion from the basic vernacular used here in the forums.

And... I'll suggest that you meant poly-phasic sleep, the Uberman schedule is sort of the same thing, poly-phasic sleep is basically the idea of splitting up the standard 8 hours of sleep you have, 2 popular ones are the Uberman and the Everyman.

Uberman is where you have little time to sleep but your body adjusts to it and you are able to run off just 3-4 hours sleep in a day.

The Everyman is where you split your time up into several sleep periods- Core sleep and naps, the core period where you probably sleep for 3 hours, then have 3 20 minute naps throughout spaced intervals of the 24hr day.

Can someone tell us anymore?!
      Cheers =]
      Jim
      http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/467/dreamviewstw2.jpg
      "Thus the stars wink upon the bloody stripes; and Liberty pulls down her cap upon her eyes, and owns oppression in its vilest aspect for her sister"

Wales
      This sleep system seems odd but interesting to me. Doesn't it greatly reduce dreaming?

The Anime World
      I don't know. That's why I'm hoping someone that does know posts here.

Veteran of the DV Wars Man of Steel's Avatar
      LD Count
      ~35
      Houston, TX
      Y'know, I'm interested as well. I have been meaning to research this for awhile now, and will do so, but I'd also appreciate any additional information provided in this thread.

Thanks!

Lurker
      I have just started a blog about the Uberman Sleep Schedule. Please take a look at it when you get the chance and let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Uberman Sleep Schedule

LD Count
      ~35
      Houston, TX
      Very interesting blog, I will be reading more of it. Thanks for posting!

Doesn't it greatly reduce dreaming?
      I don't think it would, Uberman is designed to get your body used to "cutting-to-the-chase" and greatly reducing the amount of time it takes for the first sleep stages BEFORE REM, so really- REM stays pretty much the same amount of time when you are a polyphasic sleeper as it does when you're a regular "8hr-core" sleeper...

And since you only really have the proper dreams during REM, I shouldn't think that it effects lucid much at all...

I've even heard that it makes WILD BETTER

---------------------------------------
      Personally, I think there should be more interaction with DreamViews, we only really have the task of the month, which is really great But there isn't much else except that and the Book Project.

I think that every now and again, we should plan a date to do a large experiment (maybe in the experiments board? ) which includes anybody here at dreamviews.

I think that since so many people find it hard to do the Uberman sleep schedule, I think it would be a good idea for people who want to do it will come together and do it all together. Like Weightwatchers say "You're more likely to succeed if don't do it alone"

All at the same time, and make a chat room for everyone who is during one of their concious periods and wants someone to talk to

Thanks =]
      Jim
      Last edited by Jimmehboi; 07-02-2008 at 01:18 AM.
      "Thus the stars wink upon the bloody stripes; and Liberty pulls down her cap upon her eyes, and owns oppression in its vilest aspect for her sister"

LD Count
      ~35
      Houston, TX
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmehboi View Post
      I don't think it would, Uberman is designed to get your body used to "cutting-to-the-chase" and greatly reducing the amount of time it takes for the first sleep stages BEFORE REM, so really- REM stays pretty much the same amount of time when you are a polyphasic sleeper as it does when you're a regular "8hr-core" sleeper...

And since you only really have the proper dreams during REM, I shouldn't think that it effects lucid much at all...

I've even heard that it makes WILD BETTER

---------------------------------------
      Personally, I think there should be more interaction with DreamViews, we only really have the task of the month, which is really great But there isn't much else except that and the Book Project.

I think that every now and again, we should plan a date to do a large experiment (maybe in the experiments board? ) which includes anybody here at dreamviews.

I think that since so many people find it hard to do the Uberman sleep schedule, I think it would be a good idea for people who want to do it will come together and do it all together. Like Weightwatchers say "You're more likely to succeed if don't do it alone"

All at the same time, and make a chat room for everyone who is during one of their concious periods and wants someone to talk to

Thanks =]
      Jim
      That . . . is an AWESOME idea! I'd be up for this, definitely. We really should see what we can do to organize this.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
      That . . . is an AWESOME idea! I'd be up for this, definitely. We really should see what we can do to organize this.
      Thanks =] I've been thinking of that for a while, I can't find anyone that is willing to do it =[ It's summer hols for me and it's the perfect opportunity to experiment with different sleep patterns without the concequences of overtiredness when you need to be active at school the next day.

I've not been to sleep tonight I'm doing a mini SDE...

But tomorrow sometime I'm gonna start a thread in this board/experiment's bored.

PM me if you have something in mind actually I'm thinking of some kind of thread to just get some basic info about people here to see what would be a good time to do it =]
      Then I'll make another poll after everything is considered...

Something like that anyway

Jim =]

By the sea
      DJ Entries
      I'll be looking for the thread later today. I've been wanting to commit to polyphasic sleep but haven't had the will-power.

The Anime World
      Aww, what the heck, I'm in. I'll keep my eyes out for the thread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Egypt View Post
      Aww, what the heck, I'm in. I'll keep my eyes out for the thread as well.
      Lies! As it has been there for several hours and you havn't noticed it

CLICK HERE FOR THREAD

Thanks =]
      Jim.