• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
      * DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Caradon View Post
      Hey, I just finished reading your dreams. there pretty inspiring. I had a similar experience as you, falling through blackness to a knew dream scene. It's post #25 in my journal.

I hope you keep posting dreams here, for us to read, Lucid or not.

I like the centaur picture.
      With such positive feedback, it will be my pleasure to keep posting them!

Yep.. I liked that pic myself!

Haha. Hehe. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      New Zea-la-land
      Re: Centaur dream (ahh I stole that method of replying from Tornado Joe, it's nice!)

Very cool!! David is a centaur-ish name I suppose! I've always wanted to see magical creatures in a lucid. In fact what I really want to do is become lucid and warp to the middle of a bright magical forest or something. Or maybe page 463 of Harry Potter #7?

Oh and I am VERY excited that you decided to start a DJ!!

USA

Oneironaut was in my non-lucid dream!

Ok.. my recall has been really bad lately as my 16+ year old (crazy a$$) dog is deciding to bark anywhere between 4:30 am and the time I have to get up for work.

Anyhoo, here are the fragments of the dream I can recall. I think the reason "O" was in it was because I had read parts of his dream journal last night.

I find myself walking through a parking lot and as I look to my right I notice that there is a line of people along the sidewalk and it looks like someone is serving a buffet of some kind. The line is long and I debate if I'm willing to go stand in it.

I hear someone mention that it costs so much to eat and I realize that I don't have any money on me. I notice a bank across the way and think that maybe they have a money machine or can cash a check for me.

I head towards the bank and out in front I see a row of motorcycles and somehow I knew that one of them belonged to "O". I walk over to his bike and can't help but be impressed.. it is a large black bike and the sun is glinting off the metal.

I open the back compartment and take "something" that I know means alot to "O" (unfortunately my senile old dog started to bark while I was writing this part and completely obliterated from my mind what it was that I took).

I continue to the bank, go through the first set of glass doors and see "O" and a friend of his crouched in the corner talking. "O" is dressed in black leather (appropriate for motorcycle riding) and doesn't take notice of me as his conversation with the other guy is that deep. I also get the impression that "O" works in this building.

I pass the second set of glass doors and am stopped by a security guard. There are already other women there trying to get past him but he is refusing stating that it is "after hours". We manage to convince him to let us in and I go up to the first desk and fill out a cash withdrawal form.

I walk over and hand it to the teller who promptly pushes it back at me and tells me that some lady who quit hated when we filled it out that way! I promptly push it back at her and reply that, since the lady who hated when we filled it out that way has QUIT.. why doesn't she just take the form and give me my money! We eyeball each other for a second and she grudgingly gives me my cash.

Money in hand, I head back through the second set of doors and see that "O" and his biker friend are still talking. I stand in front of the two of them and, looking at "O", I tell him I have his ???? (CRAP what was it??). For some reason the word "passport" just jumped into my head but I can't be sure if that was what it really was.

"O" looks at me strangely and asks me why I took it and I reply that I was afraid that someone would steal it.

"O" now looks at me like I'm crazy and I get angry and stammer, "That's ok!! See if I ever try to help you out again.. and if you want it back.. you can come and get it!"

"O" glances over at his friend and his friend breaks into laughter and states, "You're in trouble now man!" and "O" responds by laughing as well.

I huff off and meet up with a friend halfway across the parking lot. We notice while we're walking that there is a thin gangly guy walking in front of us balancing some sacks and a large bag of popcorn. I think to myself how funny it would be if he tripped and his bags went flying. No sooner had I thought the thought then it happened! He lurched forward, his arms flung open and the sacks and popcorn went everywhere.

My friend and I crack up and somehow, I can hear "0's" friend say, "You better watch that one!"

Well that's the end of the dream.. at least what I can remember through barks!

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Mes Tarrant View Post
      Re: Centaur dream (ahh I stole that method of replying from Tornado Joe, it's nice!)

Very cool!! David is a centaur-ish name I suppose! I've always wanted to see magical creatures in a lucid. In fact what I really want to do is become lucid and warp to the middle of a bright magical forest or something. Or maybe page 463 of Harry Potter #7?

Oh and I am VERY excited that you decided to start a DJ!!
      Mes, thanks so much for reading my journal, and please.. come again!

(LOL.. I sound like a stewardess: Thanks for flying Clairity!)

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV

I hate when I get woken up by barking dogs! it happens to me too.
      It sounds like you recalled it pretty well anyway. I wonder if Oneironaut actually rides a motorcycle? Did you read that in his journal?

USA
      I wonder if Oneironaut actually rides a motorcycle? Did you read that in his journal?
      You know, I've only read the last couple of entries in his journal and they didn't mention a motorcycle but when you asked the question, I checked and there are a couple of mentions of a motorcycle in some of his earlier entries.

Aquanina's closet
      haha that dream with Oneironaught is really funny! Actually I could picture him as a biker (no offence, if any is taken).

Aquanina's closet
      Forgot to ask, in a couple of your journal entries you have refered to Lucid dreams and LDs as different things?

Quote Originally Posted by Clairity
      I was laying there feeling
      very put out when I rolled on to my back and had at least 3 false
      awakening which led to a couple of lucid dreams and about three LDs!
      I thought they were the same thing? LD being an acronym of lucid dream?

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
      Forgot to ask, in a couple of your journal entries you have refered to Lucid dreams and LDs as different things?

I thought they were the same thing? LD being an acronym of lucid dream?
      Yep.. they are.. see what happens when you cut and paste and don't proofread. Time to do some editing!

Aquanina's closet
      Ah cool ok. Well leave it as it is, I know what you mean now, and I am the only pain in the ass to bring it up

USA
      Ah cool ok. Well leave it as it is, I know what you mean now, and I am the only pain in the ass to bring it up
      Too late.. already corrected them! And yes, you were the only "pain in the ass" to bring it up... but that only lets me know how intensely you were reading them (so you're forgiven)!

Aquanina's closet
      Well, you know, I was reading them intensly I like reading your diary, urm I mean Journal

USA

This dream is a gift to my husband from his mom

I truly believe that this dream is a gift to my husband from his mom:

I am in a large mall and I walk into a beautiful bookstore which has many floors of books: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1170/...017b57f095.jpg

I'm standing there admiring all the books when my husband's mom "B" and his dad come into the store and come stand next to me. I can't remember how I know or who told me.. but I know that there is a "Book of Knowledge" on the second floor and I tell this to my mom-in-law "B".

My husband's older brother "J" then comes into the store and joins us. I and "B" want badly to see the "Book of Knowledge" but we can't seem to find a way up to the second floor.

I notice in the corner a ladder made of bamboo: http://merrow-smith.org/DSC01948.JPG

We walk over to the ladder but it doesn't seem very sturdy and sways whenever anyone puts their weight on it.

"J" states that he's too afraid to climb it.. that he'll wait for us down here.

"B" who's barely 5 feet tall and weighs about 100 lbs, looks up from the bottom rung, takes off her shoes and socks and says, "Let's go!".

She climbs steadily and without fear.. not once looking back.. and quickly reaches the 2nd floor railing and disappears over it.

My father-in-law holds the ladder for me and I climb up as well.

I find "B" standing in front of a pedestal reading and I join her there. I tried to find a picture that was close to what we were looking at and this one rang the truest for me: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/136/3...526fa28e5f.jpg

Of course I can't remember what we read.. but I remember that we were both very excited and very happy.

MY COMMENTS:
      Why this dream meant so much to me and my husband:

My husband's mom died of cancer on 3/15/07: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ghlight=cancer)

My husband's older brother "J" still blames himself as he felt he should have never left her and gone back to his home in another city when the doctor's stated that they wanted to keep her overnight and run some additional tests... the next time she left the hospital, it was so she could die at home..

"J" feels bad as he stated that he hasn't had any signs from his mom that she is ok or that she is thinking of him (such as her coming to him in dreams, etc.).

I honestly believe that when good things happen (or bad things are prevented), it is those on the other side watching out for us and I have told my husband and his brother this. When "J" had a really bad car accident in May and walked away without a scratch.. his mom's arms were around him. When Anthony saw a dove on our backyard fence, it was a sign from his mom. When he finds a penny where many people have passed but only he saw it and/or felt inclined to pick it up, it's a sign from his mom. http://www.geocities.com/sugar_31/Pe...om.Heaven.html)

I told my husband about the dream and said that the impression that I got was that his mom was not afraid to die, that she was ready to start her journey (i.e., she took off her shoes and socks) and went straight to God (not once looking back).

I also got the impression that his brother "J" simply wasn't ready yet to see signs from his mom (i.e., he's too afraid to climb the ladder).. but that when he's no longer afraid.. he will begin to see them everywhere.
      Last edited by Clairity; 09-09-2008 at 01:57 PM.

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV

Cool dream! I've had some interesting dreams about my grandma, who died five years ago. And a very strange experience, where she showed up during hypnagogic imagery. It was one of the times I was able to stay in a wild a little longer than normal.

The next day, I was sitting there wondering if it could have possibly, actually been her. Just as I was thinking about that, a song came on the radio. The first line of the song was, I miss you. And the whole song was about not getting the chance to say good bye. It was very strange timing, and gave me goose bumps.

USA
      Cool dream! I've had some interesting dreams about my grandma, who died five years ago. And a very strange experience, where she showed up during hypnagogic imagery. It was one of the times I was able to stay in a wild a little longer than normal.

The next day, I was sitting there wondering if it could have possibly, actually been her. Just as I was thinking about that, a song came on the radio. The first line of the song was, I miss you. And the whole song was about not getting the chance to say good bye. It was very strange timing, and gave me goose bumps.
      It's kind of sad how we immediately try to dismiss things that happen like that instead of embracing and being grateful for the experience. I'm glad the song came on the radio.. it was almost as if she was saying.. you need assurance.. here it is.

You story just reminded me of something that happened to me that I've only shared with my husband til now.

Not long after my mom-in-law died, I was driving to work thinking about how hard it has been on my husband and suddenly the radio station went dead. Since there was silence.. rather than change the channel (which I normally would have done without hesitation), for some reason I decided to silently "talk" to my husband's mom. I asked her to help her son be strong, to look out for him and to please help heal his heart. When I felt I had finished with all that I needed to say, I said aloud the single word, "Amen". The second after I said it.. the radio station came back on. Some would scoff "coincedence".. let them.

Member Achievements:

Yeah, I won't forget it.

USA

A frustrating night of recall

Well I had a weird night of many dreams whose main themes I can't seem to recall.

It's like I would wake up, know that I had dreamt and I'd remember fragments but when I tried to recall exactly what the main point of the dreams were.. it seemed just "out of reach".. like when you're trying to remember something and it's right there on the "tip of your tongue".. but it's simply gone.

Member Achievements:

Yeah, I hate that. It happens to me too. And you sit there and dig, and dig for the memory. Sometimes if your lucky you get one that comes back.

"O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Clairity View Post
      Ok.. my recall has been really bad lately as my 16+ year old (crazy a$$) dog is deciding to bark anywhere between 4:30 am and the time I have to get up for work.

Anyhoo, here are the fragments of the dream I can recall. I think the reason "O" was in it was because I had read parts of his dream journal last night.

I find myself walking through a parking lot and as I look to my right I notice that there is a line of people along the sidewalk and it looks like someone is serving a buffet of some kind. The line is long and I debate if I'm willing to go stand in it.

I hear someone mention that it costs so much to eat and I realize that I don't have any money on me. I notice a bank across the way and think that maybe they have a money machine or can cash a check for me.

I head towards the bank and out in front I see a row of motorcycles and somehow I knew that one of them belonged to "O". I walk over to his bike and can't help but be impressed.. it is a large black bike and the sun is glinting off the metal.

I open the back compartment and take "something" that I know means alot to "O" (unfortunately my senile old dog started to bark while I was writing this part and completely obliterated from my mind what it was that I took).

I continue to the bank, go through the first set of glass doors and see "O" and a friend of his crouched in the corner talking. "O" is dressed in black leather (appropriate for motorcycle riding) and doesn't take notice of me as his conversation with the other guy is that deep. I also get the impression that "O" works in this building.

I pass the second set of glass doors and am stopped by a security guard. There are already other women there trying to get past him but he is refusing stating that it is "after hours". We manage to convince him to let us in and I go up to the first desk and fill out a cash withdrawal form.

I walk over and hand it to the teller who promptly pushes it back at me and tells me that some lady who quit hated when we filled it out that way! I promptly push it back at her and reply that, since the lady who hated when we filled it out that way has QUIT.. why doesn't she just take the form and give me my money! We eyeball each other for a second and she grudgingly gives me my cash.

Money in hand, I head back through the second set of doors and see that "O" and his biker friend are still talking. I stand in front of the two of them and, looking at "O", I tell him I have his ???? (CRAP what was it??). For some reason the word "passport" just jumped into my head but I can't be sure if that was what it really was.

"O" looks at me strangely and asks me why I took it and I reply that I was afraid that someone would steal it.

"O" now looks at me like I'm crazy and I get angry and stammer, "That's ok!! See if I ever try to help you out again.. and if you want it back.. you can come and get it!"

"O" glances over at his friend and his friend breaks into laughter and states, "You're in trouble now man!" and "O" responds by laughing as well.

I huff off and meet up with a friend halfway across the parking lot. We notice while we're walking that there is a thin gangly guy walking in front of us balancing some sacks and a large bag of popcorn. I think to myself how funny it would be if he tripped and his bags went flying. No sooner had I thought the thought then it happened! He lurched forward, his arms flung open and the sacks and popcorn went everywhere.

My friend and I crack up and somehow, I can hear "0's" friend say, "You better watch that one!"

Well that's the end of the dream.. at least what I can remember through barks!
      Hahahaha. Awesome. I'm honored to have been in your dream, Clairity (and had such a badass bike. Hehe.) I'll be sure to drop in and check out some of your dreams, more often!
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

In marital bliss. Yup, I got married on Sept 26th, 2009!
      haha that dream with Oneironaught is really funny! Actually I could picture him as a biker (no offence, if any is taken).
      The real Oneironaut, not me... I'm not cool enough to appear in Clairity's dreams.

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaught View Post
      The real Oneironaut, not me... I'm not cool enough to appear in Clairity's dreams.
      Aww, don't think that.. there are alot of dreams left to be dreamt.. you may get there yet!

Aquanina's closet
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaught View Post
      O_o I saw "O" and thought of you

USA

Adam and I found our "Serenity Room"

Adam and I shared a PM about creating your own Astral Place while lucid that you could go to and find "peace". Somewhere you can visit in your dream and just breath in life and realize the happiness and true gift of life. Adam mentioned that when he's lucid he feels so emotionally happy, like this incredible surge of goodness running through him and that he has a real appreciation for life and for the people in his life.

We decided that the next time we were lucid that we would to try to create this Astral Place to help us remember how wonderful life really is.

It took me about two hours but I finally WILDed. The transition from mind awake to lucid was very obvious.. it was like I "warped" into the dream.

I suddenly found myself in a huge room.. it reminded me of a large university lobby and there were students talking in groups and people walking around.

I walked up to a one of the guys and asked him to take me to "Adam". He led me through some auditorium doors and into another large room full of people.

I saw someone who looked like the pic in Adam's profile leaning up against a wall:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...epic9041_4.gif

I walked over to him and asked him if he was "Adam" and he said "no".

I turned to keep looking but people kept getting in my way and trying to distract me. One guy kept trying to hit on me and I had to lose him in the crowd before I could continue looking.

I saw you and knew immediately it was you without asking. You were standing next to a young woman when I approached you. I said that we needed to find the "Serenity Room" and we took hands and started walking towards the double doors leading out of the auditorium. The young woman yelled after you saying "Adam, come on!" but you kept walking and came with me.

We walked out of the auditorium, down the hall and up to another set of double doors. You opened the door for me, we walked in and found ourselves in a huge empty room:
      http://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/media/i...UDIO_image.jpg

We walked further in and I said, "This CAN'T be it." I looked at Adam and said, "I want flowers, trees, butterflies! I want a fountain and a comfy place to sit!"

As I said each word, the item instantly materialized (below are images I found that come closest to what appeared):

Flowers:
      http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~chandel/canada...lowers.med.jpg

Trees:
      http://farm1.static.flickr.com/56/13...5fa4ed2b10.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/169/4...18dd0e6047.jpg

Butterflies:
      http://www.cincinnati.com/postcard/i...rflies_zoo.jpg

http://www.soft3k.com/imgs/Butterfli...-w300-5225.jpg

Fountain:
      http://www.poster.net/chiu/chiu-gard...in-9955264.jpg

It was all so vividly beautiful and peaceful.

We sat on the couch and looked up. Without thinking I said, "I want an aquarium on the ceiling".. and once it was said.. a large circular aquarium appeared on the high ceiling above us:
      http://www.macplus.net/magplus/IMG/jpg/Aquarium-2.jpg

We sat there in silence taking in all the beauty that was around us.

I hated to leave but I knew I needed to wake myself up so that I could write it all down before I forgot any of it.
      Last edited by Clairity; 09-09-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Haha. Hehe. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      New Zea-la-land
      Omg Clairity that's amazing!! You make creating things out of thin air sound so easy, and I envy the ease with which you summoned Adam. Thanks for putting up pictures too, the fountain is especially beautiful.

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Mes Tarrant View Post
      Omg Clairity that's amazing!! You make creating things out of thin air sound so easy, and I envy the ease with which you summoned Adam. Thanks for putting up pictures too, the fountain is especially beautiful.
      Thanks Mes!! It was pretty great! I'm glad you like the pics.. I don't know why the "tree" images wouldn't show.

It will be interesting to see if I can ever get back there and, if so, if the room will still look the same!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast