• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Right outside Dallas

DILD vs WILD ( ? for the more experienced)

I think this question is mostly aimed to the more experienced lucid dreamers (the ones who can WILD easily), but anyone can answer if they want, or if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

I've only been WILDing for the last 6 months; about twice a week, more if I have the time to (I'm proud to say that I can almost WILD at will). The thing is, is that my WILDs are pretty different form my DILDs or DEILDs, almost boring . When I DILD, there are several DCs around, and usually a "story" behind my dream, but when I WILD, I get up from my couch (roll out of my body), walk toward my front door, and open it. No one is around. I have to create or summon people into my dream. If I didn't do that, I would be alone.

I can get a lot done when I'm by myself. I usually get the "tasks of the month" done, but sometimes, I like having people around in my dreams. It probably comes from a lack of adult interaction during the day (I have four children, and really no real friends. We just moved to this new town).

So, my WILDs are really different than my DILDs.

Does anyone else have this happen?

My WILDs are pretty intense. Like I said, I get up from my couch (that's where I do the WILD method. It's easier there than in bed with my husband. I use Clairity's WILD/WBTB technique), and it feels like I am totally awake, but I know I'm not. No one is ever around, UNLESS I summon them. Whereas, if I DILD or DEILD, there are always people around and a some sort of "story" going on (usually me being afraid of being attacked by some sort of creature). Does that make sense?

I hope someone knows what I'm talking about. It's a bit frustrating, and I'm about to just give up WILDing because it just strange to me. WILDs, for me, are very realistic, very lucid, and I have, almost, total control of eveything, but I have a hard time "creating" scenarios, unless I have a task set to do. And, even thougn I love the feeling of "getting up" from my couch and realizing I can do whatever I want, I would rather DILD, and have something "thrown" at me to do.

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Misbijoux, I'm glad my technique helped you and, if you can WILD almost at will, you certainly have surpassed me!

When I WILD, I too get up from my couch and am therefore alone. I go outside and usually there are people around or I simply fly to where people are. I too am able to get the task of the month completed and it's almost as if my mind is waiting for me to create the dream or to direct what is to happen.. I have control over that aspect.

It may be that when we DILD, there are people already there because the dream is already in motion, the theme has already been decided. In DILDs, we are more likely in react mode.

I'm sorry I don't have a more definitive answer for you but I do understand what you're talking about. In that respect, I think DILDs probably are more interesting/challenging.

Right outside Dallas
      Quote Originally Posted by Clairity View Post

It may be that when we DILD, there are people already there because the dream is already in motion, the theme has already been decided. In DILDs, we are more likely in react mode.
      That totally makes sense. Thanks.

WILD's are always so weird for me. I always think I'm having an OBE (I guess I should post this in the Beyond Dreaming section), because , even though I know I am dreaming, I always think someone is going to "recognize me" and wonder what I am doing. Strange I know.

Thanks for your reply. I really apppreciate it.

I noticed something from reading the thread here, as well as some pages from various dream journals. The difference between DILD and WILD looks like it stems from your own expectations.

When you DILD, your mind is already in the middle of a planned dream. You charge right in and pick up where the dream left off.

When you WILD, you are in control from the very start. Your mind wasn't left to it's own devices long enough to build a dream situation.

Part of the differences you observed might be coming from your own expectations. You realized this on some level, and now you expect your WILDs to be less storied than DILDs and DEILDs. Try telling yourself before you WILD that, hey, WILDs are dreams too, they should have a backstory just like a DILD does!

You could even try to "save" a DILD you particularly like. Memorize as many details as you can, write about it in a dream journal, and read the entry before you attempt a WILD. Once you are in a dream, dust off the memory and project it onto the dream.

Who knows? You might even get the lucid dream version of a sequel!

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Licity View Post
      Try telling yourself before you WILD that, hey, WILDs are dreams too, they should have a backstory just like a DILD does!

You could even try to "save" a DILD you particularly like. Memorize as many details as you can, write about it in a dream journal, and read the entry before you attempt a WILD. Once you are in a dream, dust off the memory and project it onto the dream.

Who knows? You might even get the lucid dream version of a sequel!
      I like this idea alot!

not on boats
      Have you tried changing the dreamscape? For instance, opening a door to 'a city' or some other populated place, and letting your mind take care of the details? Perhaps deliberately relinquishing some control could give your subconcious some 'room to move'?

Chi Town
      I have the same problem. A lot of my WILDs end before I do what I want. I have to get out of bed, clear my vision, go out the back door, and then it is always night and often raining so I try to make it day. THEN I can go about my lucid business. This can take extra long if I want DCs to mess with. It seems that my DILDs last longer after I get lucid because I can start right away. This is ironic because with a WILD you have more of the REM to utilize.
      Forget it! Nobody is going to get him! Long gone. DEVIN HESTER YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!
      -Jeff Joniak after Hester's second return against St. Louis

this man is DIRTY